Yacht Club Refurbish?

DisneyVillans

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any information regarding the Yacht Club being redone in 2002? I am specifically interested in when this is scheduled to happen. I just read that the Concierge lounge is being redone and expaneded. What happens if you have a concierge room during this time? Help!! Any body! No, I haven't called Disney yet, that's on tomorrows to do list.

I just e-mailed WDW resorts 2 days ago and asked that exact question. They got back to me via e-mail with in 2 days. They said they spoke to the resort and found out that there is no rehab schedualed for the YC/BC in the 2002 year. Now I don't know how accurate this is. WDW resorts has a history of not having well informed employees. You might want to try and call the resort directly and see what they say. Or do what I did and e-mail them via www.disneyworld.com and see if they give you the same answer. Good luck! One more thing, when the BCV was being constructed I remember a period of time that the BC concierge was closed and guests were able to use the concierge facilities at the YC or transfer their ressies there. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong. My memory isn't too clear on this. I too am looking to book the YC concierge for either May or Nov. of this year and would hate to have to change plans because of a rehab! Anyone else have any info to offer?

I'm booked into YC (CL) October 17 - 20 2002. Had no trouble with the res, so am assuming no refurb is going on at that time.

Just bumping this question up because I thought I had heard they were doing some refurbishments there starting this spring. Someone please help us with some info.

I've had ressies for almost a year now for the Yacht Club August 4 - 10. I read on a trip report from Misti this morning that the concierge lounge was due to be expanded. She is very recently back from the Beach Club. I went to the official Disney site and ran a request for a room at the Yacht Club for August 4 - 10. According to the web site the Yacht Club has not available rooms for this time and I was given an option to stay at the Beach Club or Grand Floridian. I will be getting on the phone tomorrow with the Yacht Club directly. I will post whatever information I get.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for good news!

I recently spoke to a YC cm who told me that the YC concierge level is scheduled to begin rehab the end of June! this was about 2 - 3 weeks ago!

Laura :)

I hope that isn't true!!! We're scheduled to stay at YC Concierge The first week of July!!!! Is there any more information out there???

Man, this is frustrating! I wish the left hand knew what the right hand is doing, and they would both tell the rest of us! I am totally frustrated. Being a planaholic it is going to make me crazy not to know what is going on. I wonder if the lounge is being refurbisher, when they will get around to notifying those of us who have reservations during that time. I really like to know what my options are!!!!

I called the GM's office at the YC several weeks ago. I asked about any rehab at the YC, specifically in concierge. I was told that, yes, the concierge area is going to be redone this year. At the time of my call they did not have the specific dates, but told me to call back when I had specific dates for our trip. We are staying at the GF, so I never called back. The concierge lounge is to be rehabbed and expanded, and the CM told me that the rooms are being done, too.

We were booked to stay at the GF in the main building in 2000 during the rehab there. We were able to book the reservation even though the guest rooms in the building were shut down. They used another building for GF concierge guests. If the YC concierge is redone, I would assume that they will set up concierge in another area of the resort temporarily or give you access to the BC.

One reason that we decided not to stay at the YC this year is that the CM in the GM's office was a little vague about work on Stormalong Bay. I know that the resort is being prepared for the grand opening of the new DVC at the BC which is scheduled for later this year. IMHO I would hate staying at the YC without Stormalong Bay.

MJS could you please give me the number of the GM office so I can call myself to find out what's going on. If there is going to be a rehab while I'm there, I'm definately going to switch resorts.

Yes please, the number for the GM office would be great! The phone numbers I have are 1-407-934-7000 and 1-407-934-8000.

This is the first time I've heard that Storm Along Bay may be redone! Yikes! Ok, I'm taking a deep breath. The new resort is supposed to open in early September, isn't it? Seems like the pool should be open then too. I hope.

I just called the YC and asked to be connected to the GM's office. I spoke with a CM there a few times about the rehab work.

Let me make one thing clear. I was NOT told that there is going to be rehab work done on Stormalong Bay. I asked specifically if Stormalong Bay is going to be refurbished in 2002, and the CM was vague about it. The CM did not say yes or no. When I asked about the YC concierge, the CM said a very definite yes. At the time that I called they did not have the dates for the YC concierge work, and asked me to call back when I had my travel dates. They may have that information now.

Good Luck!

Can someone give me the # to the GM for the YC? I have the YC concierge booked for May 1-8 and I need to know when they are refurbishing the concierge. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter