Yak & Yeti or Boma

crcurton

DISser since 2001
Trying to decide yak & yeti or Boma. We have a dd15 and a 5 yr old grandson.

Really depends on the experience you want. Y&Y is in the parks and table service with huge portions. Boma is at resort and a buffet so you have control over portion size. If your goal is to cool off in parks Y&Y is way to go. If you want to be able to try a variety, then Boma is the better choice. Either way you get a very good meal. My choice would be Boma especially in the summer heat. You can still stay in air conditioning while exploring the cultural side of Africa. There are all kinds of display cases, it has one of the most unique gift shops of any hotel, and you can still see the animals even at night with the aid of night vision googles. You could ask at guest services for the Recreational Calendar to see what is available while you are there for the animal programs and cultural immersion programs.

Boma. It is one of our very favorite restaurants for both breakfast and dinner. It has been a favorite with our 16 year old son since he was about 8 and was still a pretty picky eater. There is a HUGE variety of foods - those who are a bit more adventurous will be thrilled and those who have much more limited tastes will still have a LOT of yummy options.

I would only choose Y&Y as a matter of convenience (not having to leave park, or as a pp stated, place to cool down and sit down while in AK). If you don’t mind making the haul to another resort, AK resort is really cool for both adults and kids, and Boma is a great place to try new things without the food being too adventurous.

Boma.

Y&Y is very very good, don’t get me wrong. We had a very poor experience last time with service and It tainted It a bit. With that said, Y&Y is a Landry’s restaurant. When you take a step back, it’s like any other themed restaurant in their portfolio: Rainforest, Bubba Gump, etc. Whereas Boma is all Disney and Disney theming.

Boma.

Y&Y is very very good, don’t get me wrong. We had a very poor experience last time with service and It tainted It a bit. With that said, Y&Y is a Landry’s restaurant. When you take a step back, it’s like any other themed restaurant in their portfolio: Rainforest, Bubba Gump, etc. Whereas Boma is all Disney and Disney theming.

You will not be unhappy with Boma, as most have said here, we love both. Y&Y won our hearts this year with an exciting new seasonal menu. We did Boma for breakfast, and found ourselves at Yak 3 times during our 9 day trip. That has never happened before!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter