*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Our trip was suppose to start on the 9th.. Once I got the email stating the 9th was now closed, we decided to throw in the towel and just cancel it all. I hope for the rest of you that have May trips that you have good news and can possibly still have your trip! For the ones who cancelled and are going next May, I'll see you in the other forum :)

We were supposed to check out on the 10th, my fast passes are still there at MK. But my reservation is still there. I don't want to cancel it myself and see those fast passes go lol. I would go over just for the day if i could keep them, if they are open.

Was supposed to check in April 6th. Changed to May 21st-31st. We have a backup trip for June but honestly I am at the point of "I don't care". Even my kids are not excited about going. I am going to hold on as I believe they will open on May 19th but if they don't, We had a family discussion about installing a in ground pool. If I just cancel this trip and our Christmas trip I can do the pool and I won't have to wear a mask while swimming in it.

Hey all ! If DISNEY cancels your resort reservations or tickets - first of all, I am very sorry, but will you post the dates of the reservations and tickets so that we can keep an idea of which weeks they are canceling. Thank you and I really hope that we can all have a safe wonderful Disney vacation very soon.

Our trip was the week of May 12-17. We had a room only reservation and we were worried about being able to get refunded for our 3 day park hopper tickets that we purchased separately. Luckily, we had no problem getting fully refunded for our trip purchases. We just told the CM that we did not want to reschedule and did not want the credit, that we wanted a refund and we got a refund for the park tickets and the hotel deposit. Also we got a full refund for the Early Morning Magic event. Money was refunded about 3 days after I called, it went good. Also someone answered the phone immediately when I called in and didn’t have to wait on the phone at all. Disappointed that our trip didn’t happen after planning for such a long time, but I’m so glad to not have to worry about any of this anymore.

Hey all ! If DISNEY cancels your resort reservations or tickets - first of all, I am very sorry, but will you post the dates of the reservations and tickets so that we can keep an idea of which weeks they are canceling. Thank you and I really hope that we can all have a safe wonderful Disney vacation very soon.
I know right now they officially cancelled reservations with a check in date of 5/9 or earlier-except for the ones they didn't because thorough & uniform doesn't always = Disney lol. Still got my fingers crossed for our 5/21check in!

I know right now they officially cancelled reservations with a check in date of 5/9 or earlier-except for the ones they didn't because thorough & uniform doesn't always = Disney lol. Still got my fingers crossed for our 5/21check in!

This one made me laugh. Our reservation runs from 5/06 - 5/16 and is still showing in MDE. However, our after hours tickets and all FPs (prior to 5/11) have disappeared. I already knew I wasn’t going (since our flights down also cancelled) but I’m leaving my reservation up, for now, just to see what happens.

Mine is from May 2-12 and still showing.

I really want it gone and my points back so I can book a replacement

Mine is from May 2-12 and still showing.

I really want it gone and my points back so I can book a replacement

I just saw you say "points". I am not sure if you mean Reward points or DVC points but I did see that dates in May are still bookable. I would rather know sooner rather than later also so that I can re-book for the Summer. I know that WDW company had no idea that this pandemic would be so devastating and this is my FW problem- booking vacations.

But, this is the May "happy dance" forum and so I will keep on topic. Still hoping for things to proceed as planned.

stay safe

I just saw you say "points". I am not sure if you mean Reward points or DVC points but I did see that dates in May are still bookable. I would rather know sooner rather than later also so that I can re-book for the Summer. I know that WDW company had no idea that this pandemic would be so devastating and this is my FW problem- booking vacations.

But, this is the May "happy dance" forum and so I will keep on topic. Still hoping for things to proceed as planned.

stay safe

DVC points

We are booked May 30-June 7. We rented points to book May 30 and are using our own points for May 31-June 7 so I am just sitting on it. We do have 6/27-7/5, 7/23-7/26, Oct 8-11, and Nov 24-28 booked so we will get some Disney in regardless but I really want to go for that first trip if at all possible. We had to reschedule our Spring Break and April trips and I have no where to move June to. We are also good if it is resort only.

I just got off the phone with a CM. I wanted to make guest changes to my reservation. One daughter has decided not to go and so I wanted to put another daughter in her spot. I could not do this online and so I called. I had to wait less than 2 minutes for a CM. The CM took note of what I wanted to do and contacted someone else. The system would not let them make any changes to our reservation. The original CM said to call back closer to May 23(our check in day) and that I would know AT LEAST 3 WEEKS IN ADVANCE if my reservation is canceled. She said they would be canceling more vacations for the week beginning May 10 tomorrow and that emails would start going out tomorrow and Thursday. She said that since my trip begins May 23 that I should know something by the first week in May. So, I guess that would be two fold - I would know about May 23 on or around April 30 and May 24-29 on or around May 6th/7th.

In other words, no news is good news.

fingers crossed.

stay safe

I just got off the phone with a CM. I wanted to make guest changes to my reservation. One daughter has decided not to go and so I wanted to put another daughter in her spot. I could not do this online and so I called. I had to wait less than 2 minutes for a CM. The CM took note of what I wanted to do and contacted someone else. The system would not let them make any changes to our reservation. The original CM said to call back closer to May 23(our check in day) and that I would know AT LEAST 3 WEEKS IN ADVANCE if my reservation is canceled. She said they would be canceling more vacations for the week beginning May 10 tomorrow and that emails would start going out tomorrow and Thursday. She said that since my trip begins May 23 that I should know something by the first week in May. So, I guess that would be two fold - I would know about May 23 on or around April 30 and May 24-29 on or around May 6th/7th.

fingers crossed.

stay safe
I just got my email for vacation beginning on Saturday May 16th that it's been affected by the cancellations. Though, I wonder if it's just check in day that is affected right now and not the rest, not that it'll matter much. next cancellation will wipe away the vacay.

fingers crossed.

stay safe

I'm still waiting to hear about May 2 :rolleyes:
I did a chat today and was told the reservation would not disappear until.....May 2

I'm still waiting to hear about May 2 :rolleyes:
I did a chat today and was told the reservation would not disappear until.....May 2
On the DIS live chats and podcasts, Pete has been complaining that DVC - which is run as a different business unit from Parks and Resorts under a different VP (as well as Adventures by Disney which is under the same VP as DVC) - has not been as forthcoming or cooperative about cancellations and refunds as Parks and Resorts, so, while resort guests are getting reasonably timely emails and refunds, DVC members are left hanging and in the dark.

On the DIS live chats and podcasts, Pete has been complaining that DVC - which is run as a different business unit from Parks and Resorts under a different VP (as well as Adventures by Disney which is under the same VP as DVC) - has not been as forthcoming or cooperative about cancellations and refunds as Parks and Resorts, so, while resort guests are getting reasonably timely emails and refunds, DVC members are left hanging and in the dark.

I will be calling tomorrow because I need to cancel a one night stay in June (pre cruise that isn't happening).
So I will talk to them.
I can't rebook something else until I get my points back.
I also have VAD.....got the email about that being cancelled, but my tickets are still sitting MDE.....so will ask them about that too.
So maddening for sure.

Thank you for the info

I had my refund for both DAH and VAH in 3 days. I was shocked they came through so quickly! My event dates were for the first full week of May.

Got my email today saying Disney would be cancelling our May 9 - 14 trip which we booked at ASsp at a ridiculous cheap rate when they cancelled our April 1st trip at CS. Ha. Our optimism has not been good to us lately! My annual pass expires May 28th - no way of knowing how long it’ll be extended at this point so I’m thinking we’ll just wait it out a little. Then I got the frontier airfare $11 each way email so, trying not to be crazy optimistic again, I went ahead and booked four of us round trip from Maine for $88 total in late October. No harm there I figure? (Famous last words)
Now I just need to commit to a hotel! Hmmmmmm.....

Got my email today saying Disney would be cancelling our May 9 - 14 trip which we booked at ASsp at a ridiculous cheap rate when they cancelled our April 1st trip at CS. Ha. Our optimism has not been good to us lately! My annual pass expires May 28th - no way of knowing how long it’ll be extended at this point so I’m thinking we’ll just wait it out a little. Then I got the frontier airfare $11 each way email so, trying not to be crazy optimistic again, I went ahead and booked four of us round trip from Maine for $88 total in late October. No harm there I figure? (Famous last words)
Now I just need to commit to a hotel! Hmmmmmm.....

I am sorry your trip was canceled. There have been several people who have had their trips at AS canceled. I know that it is a slim chance the the resorts will be opening and that there are no NEW bookings for May, but park hours are still up May 10 onward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter