*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Does anyone who checks in before May 17th with a cash room (not DVC) still have an active reservation on MDX?
If so what resort?

Has anyone who checks in AFTER May 17th received a cancellation notice from WDW?
Again if so what resort?

We have a room only reservation for OKW that’s still showing in MDE (5/05 - 5/16)
I haven’t received and email about cancelling but all our FPs are gone.

I have a reservation from May 11 to 23 and all ADR through May 16 have been canceled from Disney. We didn't think this May trip was happening but here is confirmation. But resort reservation hasn't been canceled yet. I have another trip booked for September but DH doesn't want to go so probably won't happen. ☹

I am on the phone with DVC member services right now. I wanted to modify my trip. The CM said that the parks are scheduled to open June 15. They may not open then, but they will not open before June 15. Magic Kingdom area is the ONLY area that will be open. Magic KIngdom will be the only park open. This will be Phase one. They will open other parks as they see how Phase one goes.

There will be NO FAST PASSES, NO CHARACTER MEETINGS AND VERY LIMITED RESTAURANTS. There will be a "digital registry" for rides. Again, MK is the only park opening JUne 15 until later phases.

He (the CM) also said that EPCOT will be the LAST park to open. I am on hold right now getting my OTU points refunded.

I have never had a CM (during this closure) be so candid and forthright with information.

okay, just ended the call and I want to give the most recent information he gave me. He said that the MK resorts would be the first to reopen. He said MK would be the first park. He said the expected opening date is JUne 15. NO fast passes. sorry all. HOpefully, SEptember and December will be fully operational again.

Thank you karen4546! That was so helpful to get the real scoop! Sad but nice that he was candid and open, thank you for the information!

Thank you karen4546! That was so helpful to get the real scoop! Sad but nice that he was candid and open, thank you for the information!

I don't know that it is definite, but the CM was so helpful to me and he (Finn-yes like the reindeer in Frozen) told me more than i asked and then I just kept asking questions. He didn't say any of the "scripted lines" like I have heard in the past. He was truly helpful.

Any indication any resorts would open before MK? I have Ft Wilderness reserved June 11-15. Wonder if should grab the week after as well, if available.

I can see them purposely opening parks in phases but not sure I believe they would only open 3-4 resorts, all of which would be deluxe. I imagine resorts will be far from captaincy as well.

I am on the phone with DVC member services right now. I wanted to modify my trip. The CM said that the parks are scheduled to open June 15. They may not open then, but they will not open before June 15. Magic Kingdom area is the ONLY area that will be open. Magic KIngdom will be the only park open. This will be Phase one. They will open other parks as they see how Phase one goes.

There will be NO FAST PASSES, NO CHARACTER MEETINGS AND VERY LIMITED RESTAURANTS. There will be a "digital registry" for rides. Again, MK is the only park opening JUne 15 until later phases.

He (the CM) also said that EPCOT will be the LAST park to open. I am on hold right now getting my OTU points refunded.

I have never had a CM (during this closure) be so candid and forthright with information.

okay, just ended the call and I want to give the most recent information he gave me. He said that the MK resorts would be the first to reopen. He said MK would be the first park. He said the expected opening date is JUne 15. NO fast passes. sorry all. HOpefully, SEptember and December will be fully operational again.
Hmmm...I don't doubt you at all that he said all of this, but I am somewhat dubious. First of all, these mirror the “secure circuit” protocol posted on another site a few days ago, which was picked up by some media outlets who ran with it and posted it as truth rather than rumour. Secondly, CMs don’t know more than we do right now as they absolutely would not be able to give this amount and level of information before the company has issued an official statement. Every CM I have spoken to lately, including today, has said that they have an ear on the rumour mill like the rest of us, but that they are also anxious to get more official information on the potential openings.

I'm confused if they've decided June 15th is the earliest why you can make dining reservations before than right now. Seems like they would extend their definitely closed dates if that was their plan.

I'm confused if they've decided June 15th is the earliest why you can make dining reservations before than right now. Seems like they would extend their definitely closed dates if that was their plan.
you can still make reservations for May on the DVC website. It does not mean they will be open.

I don't think they knew when they offered the free dining for canceled reservations for dates starting June 1 that this pandemic would be as bad as it is. I canceled my reservation for May 23-29 because of what this particular CM told me. All other cast members in the past were tight lipped or they just had no idea-most likely this.

I don't want anyone to cancel their trip because of ANYTHING that I post or posted. I didn't want to cancel my trip. I look forward to every single WDW trip, but I do not want to go until at least all the parks are open. Hopefully, that will be sooner than later since I have two more trips planned for later this year.

How long has it been taking to get refunds back to credit cards after cancelling?
I just officially cancelled my May 10-18th hotel reservation today and was told 7-10 days but I have seen plenty of people saying it took around 4-5 days. I will try to remember to post again when I see it hit the cc. I can tell you that 2 After Hours parties dropped off MDE on 4/22(I got the notice from Disney about my trip being impacted on 4/21] and the 3rd one dropped off MDE on 4/23 and the refunds were back on my acct on 4/24 and 4/25.

you can still make reservations for May on the DVC website. It does not mean they will be open.

I don't think they knew when they offered the free dining for canceled reservations for dates starting June 1 that this pandemic would be as bad as it is. I canceled my reservation for May 23-29 because of what this particular CM told me. All other cast members in the past were tight lipped or they just had no idea-most likely this.

I don't want anyone to cancel their trip because of ANYTHING that I post or posted. I didn't want to cancel my trip. I look forward to every single WDW trip, but I do not want to go until at least all the parks are open. Hopefully, that will be sooner than later since I have two more trips planned for later this year.
your other trips are September and December?

I already canceled but just curious. I think most people didn't think it would be this bad. When we initially rescheduled for August it felt like it was going to happen but now I'm unsure. I was just interested since this is one of the first times I've heard a date.

Well, officially got the email today that our Memorial Day trip will be "impacted"... :-( BUT! We've rescheduled to July and are staying a day longer. Woo hoo!

Now fingers crossed things are open by then. I'm ok with a "reduced" experience if they do that, as long as I get to go!

I don't know that it is definite, but the CM was so helpful to me and he (Finn-yes like the reindeer in Frozen) told me more than i asked and then I just kept asking questions. He didn't say any of the "scripted lines" like I have heard in the past. He was truly helpful.

That would be Sven. Not Finn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter