*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Called today and canceled my one night June 5 (pre cruise that is not happening) and that May 2 one.
DVC says they cancel 7 days before......but since I was on the phone, they canceled it a couple days early.
Takes 15 days for points to go back in my accounts (they are swamped).

So all done.......except the VAH is still there.

Called today and canceled my one night June 5 (pre cruise that is not happening) and that May 2 one.
DVC says they cancel 7 days before......but since I was on the phone, they canceled it a couple days early.

you said in your other post that you can't book something else until you get your points back and it take 15 days.... Why can't you just modify your reservation to a new date?

Just wanted to say that last Friday my DAH tickets disappeared from MDE and by this Tuesday the money was refunded to my card. The date was for May 5th. I did not call to cancel or do anything. I had moved my trip a while ago but never called to cancel those tickets. They did them on their own.

you said in your other post that you can't book something else until you get your points back and it take 15 days.... Why can't you just modify your reservation to a new date?

Not ready with a date yet.
It's going to depend on how long our APs get extended

what if you just booked "something"? So that the points are in your account and you don't have to wait the 15 days? Sorry not my business and you already said you canceled and have to wait. I was just asking because if I have to cancel for May then I will use those 75 points by July 31 and the points I borrowed for September and December then I could use my current UY and not borrow any.

Just cancelled May 23-30. I’m rebooked for July 25-Aug 5 with the free dining promo- it was only $230 to add the quick service, and $500 more total to add table service, so we went with the TS. We’d probably spend that much anyways.

I just hope it’s open.

15 days for points to go back in your account?!? Is that also for points that weren’t borrowed, like current use year? Yikes!

what if you just booked "something"? So that the points are in your account and you don't have to wait the 15 days? Sorry not my business and you already said you canceled and have to wait. I was just asking because if I have to cancel for May then I will use those 75 points by July 31 and the points I borrowed for September and December then I could use my current UY and not borrow any.

Mine aren't expiring so I'm in no hurry to use them. We already have a December trip booked (I do have 5 contracts).
Don't plan on going anywhere else this year. Cancelled 3 trips, so I can wait. Thinking about March, but again I need to see how long our APs are extended.
I didn't borrow any........

But did get my VAH refund posted today......but the tickets are still active in MDE

15 days for points to go back in your account?!? Is that also for points that weren’t borrowed, like current use year? Yikes!

She just said it would take that long for points to go back into your account because they are so backed up,
I will check on them every couple of days and see if they are retuned sooner

Well, just checked the canceled May points are back!
But the June ones aren't yet

And now.....no more May trip, so goodbye everyone.

Last edited:
United Airlines canceled my flight from MLU to IAH on May 23 they did not cancel IAH to MCO or the return flights.

They kept pushing the voucher/credit. I kept pushing back and they refunded back to original payment method. So, i suggest being firm with your request if you want a refund.

I may cancel my WL club level stay on May 23 and just keep the May 24-29 at Copper Creek. That will shave another $1000 off. I am okay to change my dates to the first 2 weeks in June, but I am holding off as long as I can.

Still here and still clinging.

United Airlines canceled my flight from MLU to IAH on May 23 they did not cancel IAH to MCO or the return flights.

They kept pushing the voucher/credit. I kept pushing back and they refunded back to original payment method. So, i suggest being firm with your request if you want a refund.

I may cancel my WL club level stay on May 23 and just keep the May 24-29 at Copper Creek. That will shave another $1000 off. I am okay to change my dates to the first 2 weeks in June, but I am holding off as long as I can.

On 4/7, I cancelled our United flight after they closed the parks through 5/2 (our first day). We re-scheduled our trip for December, so we were going to re-book a flight anyway and I was okay with credit. But now, I'm wishing I would have pushed for a refund (they cancelled our original flight, and moved us to a different one). When I called United the first time to cancel, they said that it would take 3-5 business days for me to get an email with the credit voucher. After 5 business days, I called again and was told that they were backed up, and that it could take up to 7 business days. After 10 business days (14 calendar days from the first call), I called again, and was told that it would be 21 business days and that the previous agents were wrong. 🤦‍♂️>:(

I just saw park hours updated to be closed through May 16th:( Just hanging on to the hope of Memorial Weekend quiet opening, Alaska opened up travel restrictions on May 19th, 2 days before I was supposed to fly to WDW:( clinging to hope with you:sunny:

I just saw park hours updated to be closed through May 16th:( Just hanging on to the hope of Memorial Weekend quiet opening, Alaska opened up travel restrictions on May 19th, 2 days before I was supposed to fly to WDW:( clinging to hope with you:sunny:
Nothing wrong with that, I'm holding out hope i can still fly in on the 16th and be among the first of the guests back in the parks when they reopen on the 17th! :rotfl2:

Does anyone who checks in before May 17th with a cash room (not DVC) still have an active reservation on MDX?
If so what resort?

Has anyone who checks in AFTER May 17th received a cancellation notice from WDW?
Again if so what resort?

Does anyone who checks in before May 17th with a cash room (not DVC) still have an active reservation on MDX?
If so what resort?

Has anyone who checks in AFTER May 17th received a cancellation notice from WDW?
Again if so what resort?
We were supposed to check in May 10-18. I got the ‘your resort stay has been impacted by the virus closure’ email and tells me I can reschedule etc. But our entire resort stay is still showing as active, my fastpasses are all still showing(I already cancelled my dining ressies yesterday) but they were all still there also. Two of my AH ticket events have dropped off but no refund yet but my VAH is still there((even though it was for the 14th which falls in the closure dates)
I am waiting for Disney to auto cancel so that my tickets convert to active thru Dec whatever. I was afraid if i call and cancel, they will force me into dated tickets for our Sept. backup trip.
i would rather have tickets good thru part of Dec. in case I need to switch my ressie to next May instead. We refuse to go in Sept if masks are required or some rides, restaurants etc are closed.

We had a room only May 6-10 that was still showing this week, but on Weds I went ahead and cancelled it myself to start the refund process of the deposit. If not I thought it was not going to cancel on it's own until May 6.

I’m still holding out hope for my trip. Hubby called dvc and it looks like we might lose the 17 points we borrowed If the park doesn’t open back up.

I’m still holding out hope for my trip. Hubby called dvc and it looks like we might lose the 17 points we borrowed If the park doesn’t open back up.

i don't think you lose borrowed points. do you? DVC said my borrowed points will go back into their original UY. Which is August 2020

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter