Year Round Swap - CLOSED

just wondering...not to make life more insane but....how about back to school instead of mday or fday? or labor day?

Group 4 B- Back to school instead of mothers/fathers day is fine for me to do if that's of with everyone. Twigs and Ohana4-what do you think?

Back to School is fine with me, I would probably have more use for it too!

Angelmom I just realized I was being very rude in suggesting a change in "your" swap items....so sorry :guilty: I hope you aren't ready to pop me one :earseek: ....got a little too involved in what I was reading and didn't think before I typed.....ugh! Glad you are ok with the idea....next time I will PM first then post.... :blush:

goofymom/pop- :flower: don't worry about it! I want to do whatever everyone will use the most and back to school is a good idea!

Since 3A and 3B aren't filled up yet...I can do Christmas in 3A. If we change M/F Day to Back to School in group 3B, I would be willing to do that as well. I just don't tend to take pictures on M/F Day, so I don't care to do that. I'm done with my Winter stuff and birthday stuff...half done with my Easter stuff, so I figure I can tackle a couple more!

4ltltinks-boy are you quick. Ohana4- do you mind if we change Mothers/Fathers day to back to school in 4B? I also have a question- I know the cardstock will be Bazzill in my groups, but we can use small amounts of patterned paper/stickers/etc to embelish them?

I'm doing Mother/Fathers Day in 3B. Do we want to switch to Back to School also?? I don't really care either way.

Diana Lyn said:
I'm doing Mother/Fathers Day in 3B. Do we want to switch to Back to School also?? I don't really care either way.

Since I don't have kids *yet* (tee hee) either one is fine by me ... I'm sure I will use them one day!

oh, and I can do Christmas, unless there are some other takers. Just let me know.

OH bummer!

I would love to join, but I have no CLUE ni IDEA how these swaps work, what do i have to do? :confused3

I'd only done Exchanges!

PoohBearLovinMama said:
Okay ladies, here is my first attempt at hosting a swap! I have to give credit to Bubbasmom b/c I'm flat out copying some (okay most) of her ideas. :sunny: Just to let you know, I'll be at WDW from 11/30-12/7 In case anything comes up, I'm not ignoring you.

Anyway, this swap will be due Jan 15th. Hopefully, I'll get them back out to you by the end of Jan. I'll start off with 2 groups of two and you can do as many or a few as you want. If there is more interest, I'll add more groups. Oh, and I thought we'd do one group as Bazzil only.

Okay on with the show:

You will create elements to make a complete layout. Please make a 4x6 photo mat and 2 more elements of your choosing for your page kit:

Topper – 8 ½ inches
Set of 2 borders – 11 inches
Frame (4x6)
Tag (at least 2x3) – including fiber and/or eyelet
Journal box with at least 2x2 space
Monogram (at least 4x4)
Set of 4 deco squares
Song Lyric or poem
Set of 2 slide mounts
Library Pocket & Tag
Mini File Folder
License Plate Frame
Shaker Box
Paper Piecing
Eyelets/Brads (6) and Fiber/Ribbon (1 yard)
Matchbook
Anything else!?!? Open to new ideas and creativity!

***The blue ones are still open.***

GROUP 1A - Fall/Winter - 6 kits CLOSED
Fall - Twigs
Halloween - ksjayhawks
Thanksgiving - Mickeyteacher
Winter - Ohana4
Christmas - PBLM
Valentines Day-Dianalyn

GROUP 1B - Spring/Summer - 6 Kits CLOSED
Easter - Twigs
Spring - Calanniebu
4th of July - ksjayhawks
Summer - Ohana4
Birthday - Michellepooh
Mothers or Fathers Day - Bigsis1970

GROUP 3A - Fall/Winter - 6 kits
Fall - bcarson
Halloween - MaryPoppinsLives
Thanksgiving -Tink&BellesMom
Winter - calanniebu
Christmas
Valentines Day - PBLM's friend Jen

GROUP 3B - Spring/Summer - 6 Kits
Easter - PBLM's friend Jen
Spring - MickeyTeacher
4th of July- bcarson
Summer - MaryPoppinsLives
Birthday- bigsis1970
Mothers or Fathers Day

***Groups 2 and 4 will be the Bazzill cardstock group***

GROUP 2A - Fall/Winter - 6 kits CLOSED

Fall - Bubbasmom99
Halloween - Spinning
Thanksgiving - nicurn
Winter - 4ltlTinks
Christmas - 4ltlTinks friend Tracey
Valentines Day- Momof2DisneyKids

GROUP 2B - Spring/Summer - 6 Kits CLOSED
Easter - 4ltlTinks
Spring - PBLM
4th of July - Bubbasmom99
Summer - Spinning
Birthday - 4ltlTinks friend Tracey
Mothers or Fathers Day - Dianalyn

GROUP 4A - Fall/Winter - 6 kits CLOSED

Fall- Ohana4
Halloween- Nank
Thanksgiving - Twigs
Winter - Goofymom/pop
Christmas - nicurn
Valentines Day - angelmom

GROUP 4B - Spring/Summer - 6 Kits CLOSED
Easter 4ltlTinks
Spring - Ohana4
4th of July - Goofymom/pop
Summer - Twigs
Birthday - 4ltlTinks
Mothers or Fathers Day - angelmom

Some final notes:

**Please, no handwritten items. Use computer generated type only.
**Use acid-free/lignin-free adhesives & embellishments.
**Bazzill is available online at www.rockymountainhobbies.com, www.scrapsupply.com (among other places - please post if you know of a good source!) if you don’t want to scour your local scrapbook store. Please keep track of the exact colors you use and share them with the group so we can purchase additional cardstock to match when making our layouts.

Again, thanks to Bubbasmom for making my life so much easier!

pixie dust....

WEll since there are only two spots left I will use them as an example.
The hostess sets the rules, type of paper, type of items to make.
You pick your spot, and your items from her list of available ones.
Then you make the amount it says to make....

I.E. If you chose Christmas 3a...You would make (6) mats for 4x6 photos. Then choose two other elements from her list such as.....a tag and squares. Then you make 6 tags, and 24 squares (6x4 that are assigned to this item) All of the items should go together to form a page layout for the person recieving them. You do not send pages or 12x12 paper just the elements you made. When completed bag each of the six sets seperately (1 4x6 mat, 1 tag, 4 squares) and label with Christmas 3A and your name (dis and real). Then you ship it to the hostess with postage for a return envelope to you enclosed. (I buy a 3.85 priorty stamp and put in the package). When she gets all the swap items she will split up the packages, and you will recieve one of yours back along with 5 different ones. It is a lot of fun and a great way to stock up on items for future pages.

Hope this helps!

ventured out yesterday for a bit and got my bazzill....woo hoo! A LSS is going out of business so I was also able to get some embellies for real cheap!!! Of course they didn't have the paper... :guilty: but loving embellies at 60% off...woo hoo. Most of my 4th of July is done!!! Love this doing only 6 of something....way nicer! One of past swaps I did I had to 24 of everything...way too hard! Need pick one more item from the elements list....hmmmmmmm what to do what to do?

I also made a little color swatch card for each of my swap buddies so they can take it along to the store to match paper colors. Hope this helps!

And I know I have asked this before....but how come we do 11 inch border instead of 12 inch ones that have room to be trimmed to 11 for those that need it? I always find it hard to use the 11 inch borders in my albums (12x12) even if you mat it again its difficult because you don't have the same colors....sorry just had to ask....again?

I would love to see 12 inch borders too. But I think they had to think of a way so it could be used in all books. I would love if a 3rd or 4th mat were added so if you needed it shorter you just removed a layer. Just a thought.
As for the back to school items, LOVE IT! I would have jumped on those spots!

Just checking in before we go to WDW. :Pinkbounc So, all the spots are taken and the swap is closed. :) Looks like we've got some really industrious people who are mostly done, WTG! When I get back on the 7th, I'll post the final details about shipping etc etc.

I've gone ahead and switched most of the Mothers/Fathers Day over to Back to School (except for Group 1B, didn't know if BigSis1970 wanted to switch what she was doing), since it seemed like everyone was more interested in Back to School. As always, if anyone has a problem with that, let me know and we'll change it back.

As for 12" borders, I too would love that. Does anyone use 8.5 x 11" books? If not, we could easily switch it over to 12" or maybe just make sure that the borders are easily trimmable. WDYT?

PoohBearLovinMama said:
As for 12" borders, I too would love that. Does anyone use 8.5 x 11" books? If not, we could easily switch it over to 12" or maybe just make sure that the borders are easily trimmable. WDYT?

I'm fine with 12" borders. I think they would be the most versitle ... they could always be cut to fit an 8.5 x 11 page or a 8 x 8 page. :-) Have a great time at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter