Yee Ha Bob Jackson accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ6987

DIS Veteran
I see that Bob has now been caught up in the sexual misconduct accusations now at his Port Orleans show, with (unproven) allegations by Mike Scopa and Michelle Scribner-MacLean on Facebook, along with claims that Disney has been trying to pay off alleged victims. Other people are "jumping on the bandwagon" in reply to Mike.

Say it isn't so.

Last edited:
I see that Bob has now been caught up in the sexual misconduct accusations now at his Port Orleans show, with (unproven) allegations by Mike Scopa and Michelle Scribner-MacLean on Facebook, along with claims that Disney has been trying to pay off alleged victims. Other people are "jumping on the bandwagon" in reply to Mike.

Say it isn't so.
And if, "Disney has been trying to pay off alleged victims" turns out to be true...oh boy, yikes!

As usual 'unproven' allegations automatically means guilty. What a world we live in
Unproven allegations do not mean Bob Jackson is guilty. They should, however, spark a serious, third-party investigation into his behavior, especially considering multiple victims have now emerged.

These brave women coming forward have no incentive to do so. There is no benefit to them. To the contrary: They are leaving themselves vulnerable and opening themselves up to scrutiny and criticism.

There is a reason that women are often so afraid to come forward with accusations of sexual assault and harassment. Believe women. Always believe women. To not believe their stories isn't just misogynistic -- it's antihuman.

Unproven allegations do not mean Bob Jackson is guilty. They should, however, spark a serious, third-party investigation into his behavior, especially considering multiple victims have now emerged.

These brave women coming forward have no incentive to do so. There is no benefit to them. To the contrary: They are leaving themselves vulnerable and opening themselves up to scrutiny and criticism.

There is a reason that women are often so afraid to come forward with accusations of sexual assault and harassment. Believe women. Always believe women. To not believe their stories isn't just misogynistic -- it's antihuman.
There have been women that have lied. I prefer to believe neither until I know more.

There have been women that have lied. I prefer to believe neither until I know more.
Perhaps the alleged victims are lying. Maybe multiple women are all independently making up a story. But considering the online reactions to their posts, considering how much hate and vitriol they have received for daring to come forward, I cannot fathom what would possess anybody to do so. It has only caused them grief and distress.

Moreover: This isn't a court of law. Should Bob Jackson be arrested and charged with a crime, he will be held to the standard of innocent until proven guilty. This is a fundamental tenet of he U.S. legal system, and I believe it in strongly.

But in a country where women are still subjugated, are still the subjects of intense misogyny and sexism daily, are still the victims of sexual assault and harassment with disgusting frequency, their stories must be taken extremely seriously. Jackson should not perform another show on Walt Disney World property until this matter is settled, whether that ends with him being exonerated or terminated from his position altogether.

Perhaps the alleged victims are lying. Maybe multiple women are all independently making up a story. But considering the online reactions to their posts, considering how much hate and vitriol they have received for daring to come forward, I cannot fathom what would possess anybody to do so. It has only caused them grief and distress.

Moreover: This isn't a court of law. Should Bob Jackson be arrested and charged with a crime, he will be held to the standard of innocent until proven guilty. This is a fundamental tenet of he U.S. legal system, and I believe it in strongly.

But in a country where women are still subjugated, are still the subjects of intense misogyny and sexism daily, are still the victims of sexual assault and harassment with disgusting frequency, their stories must be taken extremely seriously. Jackson should not perform another show on Walt Disney World property until this matter is settled, whether that ends with him being exonerated or terminated from his position altogether.
I don't disagree with most of what you posted but I'm not convinced that he shouldn't be allowed to make a living while this is sorted out (as some have said). That smacks of punitive action before he is determined to be guilty of anything. Perhaps a behind the scenes role would be better for both Disney and him since his job is public but that can be worked out.

No, giving women, or anyone a silver bullet of that type is extremely dangerous.

In rare cases there have been women that have lied about being sexually assaulted at the expense of innocent men. Our justice system is designed to work through such issues.

There was a woman in England that received a 10 year jail sentence for falsely accusing 15 separate men of rape.

I'm not defending Bob, but I'm not ready to bury him just yet. I hope that disney handles this the right way. Unfortunately, they likely won't, and will probably end their association with Bob immedielty.

Also, I don't necessarily believe that the insanely cheap Walt Disney Company would pay hush money as opposed to jettisoning the problem altogether.

I don't disagree with most of what you posted but I'm not convinced that he shouldn't be allowed to make a living while this is sorted out (as some have said). That smacks of punitive action before he is determined to be guilty of anything. Perhaps a behind the scenes role would be better for both Disney and him since his job is public but that can be worked out.
For what it's worth, if I were in charge in this instance, I'd put Jackson on paid leave and launch an investigation. I do not think it would be fair for him to have his compensation withheld, nor do I think it's appropriate to have him representing Disney in a public position given these allegations.

We'll see what Disney does, but that would be my recommendation.

Yes, in a court of law. This isn't a court of law. Citing "innocent until proven guilty" in this situation is akin to people citing the First Amendment when they're fired from their job for something they post on social media. It's completely irrelevant.
There is also wrongful termination to consider.

I personally believe in innocent until proven guilty in all areas. YMMV.

I’m concerned about the sexual harassment situation for several reasons. I’m concerned that the harassment is so prevalent. I’m also concerned that someone with a grudge against someone else could potentially ruin their life by falsely accusing them. I hope that the outcome of the flood of allegations is that people feel empowered to speak up when it happens, so that it is easier to deal with the perpetrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter