YES! First Disneyland trip of '08 AND my 21st bday!!! *LOTS* of pics!

prettyprincessbelle

<font color=green>I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yu
Hola everyone! ;)

Well, I have over a month and a half until take off for our first DLR trip of 2008, so I decided to start a PTR..

Cast of Characters

Me: Courtney, 20 years old, student and receptionist at a third party worker's comp agency.

PC150181-1.jpg

DBF: Jesus, 21 years old, student

PC160208-1.jpg

The Dates: May 16th through May 19th

The Location: Cortona Inn & Suites!

A little background about DBF and myself. We've been dating since we were juniors in high school (going on 5 years this August) and are absolute Disney maniacs. My obssesion with Disney is the princesses, anything princess is my cup of tea. Especially Belle. For DBF, it's Stitch and Robin Hood. We just finished our first half of phlebotomy class, by the time we go on this trip we will have finished with all our classes and be waiting to take our state license test so we can be licensed phlebotomists. I will be starting nursing in the fall at California State Channel Islands, which is about 20 minutes from my house. Jesus will be starting nursing at our local community college.

During this trip we will be FINALLY upgrading to AP's! We should have last year, since we went four times. Who knows why we didn't. :confused3 After careful conseration we deceided on Premium AP's. We usually go on weekends anyways, so doing the math, we would have to go 4 weekends for our AP's to pay themselves off.. No problem there! :woohoo:

My parent's asked me for my 21st birthday if I wanted to have a party. I thought and thought and thought and told them I just want to go to dinner, have my Mom make me a cake that looks like a castle (she's a pretty talented lady when it comes to cakes) and a premium AP for Disneyland. They looked at each other and said "why not?"

This is the third year I will be going to DLR for my birthday, the last two years it has been me, Jesus and my parents, but my parents don't "get" the whole Disney thing like Jesus and I do. I asked if they wanted to come with us this year and they opted out.. So oh well.. More fun for us! They're early to bed kind of people anyways, :laughing:

We're still deceiding on where to stay. My next pay day (April 15th) I will be booking the hotel. I'm thinking of just using priceline. Right now if I do $35/night in the DLR area it's available. Hopefully it will be on the 15th. If not I'll just look around for somewhere else.

To be con't..

:goodvibes Phelbotemy...how fun! That's a VERY good way to get your feet in the door! I'm a nurse, too-I graduated 3 years ago! Good luck to both of you getting through Nursing School! Stay focused, study hard, and you should be fine!!

I love Disney Princesses, too! Good luck with planning the rest of your trip! Planning is always the most fun part!! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Phelbotemy...how fun! That's a VERY good way to get your feet in the door! I'm a nurse, too-I graduated 3 years ago! Good luck to both of you getting through Nursing School! Stay focused, study hard, and you should be fine!!

I love Disney Princesses, too! Good luck with planning the rest of your trip! Planning is always the most fun part!! :thumbsup2

Aw thank ya! :goodvibes I've read all your TRs too and noticed you were a nurse! Yay! :)

Phlebotomy was a lot of fun! I can't wait until I'm finished and get a job with that. Something in the medical field to have while I'm in nursing school..

Thank you so much!!! :hug:

Phlebotomy was a lot of fun! I can't wait until I'm finished and get a job with that. Something in the medical field to have while I'm in nursing school..

GOOD for you!! The only way to get experience! I'm by no means a phlebotomist, but I've found myself drawing blood on people more times than not (and we really didn't even learn phlebotomy in nursing school)!! I guess if you can start an IV on a vein, then you can draw blood from it, too! :laughing:

Good luck!!

GOOD for you!! The only way to get experience! I'm by no means a phlebotomist, but I've found myself drawing blood on people more times than not (and we really didn't even learn phlebotomy in nursing school)!! I guess if you can start an IV on a vein, then you can draw blood from it, too! :laughing:

Good luck!!

Thank you!!! :hug:

That's funny you didn't learn it in nursing school! :laughing: I keep thinking that when I get to nursing school, "man I'm going to have this blood drawing thing down!!"

We had our final 2 weeks ago and I was terrified!! But now I've gotten used to it.. Piece of cake! :yay:

I constructed a "Disney Fund" box last night. I got a shoe box, cute a slit in the top so coins and money can fit through it and covered it in a brown paper bag, painted Mickey Heads on it and covered it with Mickey stickers. I put it in the kitchen on the island and told my parents to donate as they wish. :lmao:

They looked at me like I was crazy.. :confused3

A little OT and maybe a little TMI, but oh well.. About 2 months ago the doc diagnosed me with cysts on both :-)headache: ) ovaries. She put me on BC and told me to go back for an ultrasound at the end of this cycle (so about 2 weeks). Anyways, I'm pretty much in pain everyday and she gave me Naproxen and Tylenol with codeine for the pain. The Naproxen works kind of and the Codeine knocks me out. :worried: If I still have these things by our Disney trip, I am dreading walking around the park in pain.. :guilty: Boo Boo Boo.

Today Jesus and I were talking about what we were going to do/eat/see at Disney this trip.. We deceided on.

Ariel's Princess Celebration for breakfast.
Fireworks! :lovestruc - Last time we were there was for the Christmas fireworks, and they were cancelled halfway through because of the wind. I'm glad I read here on Dis that they still have the snow even though the fireworks are cancelled. We stayed in our spot and enjoyed the snow, while everyone was trying to push their way out. And when we were there in October we had a PERFECT spot in front of the castle, and of course, you guessed it, too windy. Go figure.
Glowtini - I'm going to find this thing. So far it's at Storytellers and I also read you can get it in the lobby of GCH.. Yes! :woohoo: I really want that dumb icecube!
Carnation Cafe - We had it for breakfast last time and it was wonderful. A must do again.

That's all I can think right now.. I'm having a brain fart.. Pffftt... :upsidedow

I totally drive myself crazy looking at DLR menus. Ugh. There is so much food, and at every menu I look at, I say" Oh! Want that!". But there is no possible way we can fit every single restaurant in our 3 day trip. If we could we would be A) Broke and B) Extremely gigantic. :laughing:

I know FOR SURE I want (well we, I guess) to have breakfast at Ariel's. Probably on Sunday morning?

Looking at Molly's PTR, Trattoria looks delicious. I want to go Pacific Walf Cafe again and get the chicken salad bread bowl thing. I'm tempted to try Rain Forest Cafe at DTD.. Carnation Cafe for breakfast was fantastic last time. And it looks amazing for lunch. I want to try Yamabuki because I love love sushi. We love Rancho del Zocalo. I'm dying to try Napa Rose..

I know that we're getting APs and we'll be back again to try all these places, but stiiilll!!!!!!

Now that I'm looking at allears dot net. They have wine tasting at DCA?! Hmmm.. I'll be 21 when we get there. I've been to a wine tasting before when I was in Europe (I was 18, :) which is the drinking age there) and it was fun.. Do you need PSs for that?

Ugh, the decisions. :idea:

Lucky you, going for your birthday!

I'm getting my first annual pass this Monday when we go to DL. I turn 20 this year and for my 21st birthday, I want to go to Disney WORLD :goodvibes But we'll see because I will still have college to pay for :headache:

I'm in for your TR!

Sounds like you have a good trip planned so far. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to read the report. I'm sorry to hear about your cysts. :sad1: My sister has the same problem. They caught it early when she was 8th grade/Freshman in high school. Don't worry, it'll get better. :goodvibes Can't wait to here more, and have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lucky you, going for your birthday!

I'm getting my first annual pass this Monday when we go to DL. I turn 20 this year and for my 21st birthday, I want to go to Disney WORLD :goodvibes But we'll see because I will still have college to pay for :headache:

I'm in for your TR!

Ick, I know what you mean about the college thing. Just thinking about paying for it makes me cringe. Congrats on your first AP!! Lucky duck!!! :woohoo:

Sounds like you have a good trip planned so far. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to read the report. I'm sorry to hear about your cysts. :sad1: My sister has the same problem. They caught it early when she was 8th grade/Freshman in high school. Don't worry, it'll get better. :goodvibes Can't wait to here more, and have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! :goodvibes :flower3:

So Tuesday we're going to book our hotel. We've deceided on using Priceline and bidding on a room. Right now they have an opening for a 3 star hotel for $35/night. But I'm still a little hesitant.. Looking at Priceline right now and they 3 star hotels near DLR are:

Hotel Menage
Anabella
Holiday Inn
Marriott Anaheim Suites

That's it?

They also have hotels listed in Orange and Garden Grove..

Hmm.. :confused: Should I use Priceline? I guess for $35/night, you can't really go wrong.. Right?

Tuesday after we book our hotel, we're also going to call Disney Dining and make PS's for everything.. We're still deceiding where we want to eat and everything.. Usually we're really good on planning waay in advance. We have a month left.. But I still feel like we should have this done already...

:headache:

So I finally booked our hotel! Phew! ::yes::

I got it on hotwire.com for $56/night at the Cortona Inn & Suites... We're staying 3 nights! YES!! That means 4 days in the parks. Man, I'm so so excited!! :thumbsup2

Yesterday was exactly 30 days until we leave.. :yay:

I'm still (yeah, still) deciding where to eat and make PS's. Jesus told me it's up to me to pick.. So of course I'm stuck.. Him and I will plan tonight. I'll make him choose! :laughing:

Seriously. I am having the HARDEST time trying to find when/where to eat. This is making me stressed! I'm going to wake up EARLY tomorrow and figure this out. I'm serious.

Any ideas anyone?

So I finally called Disney Dining and made PS's!! WOO! :banana:

I was on hold for 15 minutes, but I did it.. So here's our dining itinerary so far..

Friday – May 16th:

Breakfast - Carnation Cafe – priority seating @ 10:00am
Lunch –
Dinner – Royal Street Veranda for Clam Chowder in a bread bowl. :lovestruc

Saturday – May 17th:

Breakfast – Ariel’s Grotto – priority seating @ 10:00am. The CM told me we have outdoor seating by the water.. Yay!
Lunch – Taste Pilot’s Grill. I'm not a BIG burger person, but the Bleu Cheese burger sounds fantastic!
Dinner – Wine Country Trattoria – priority seating @ 7:20pm. We have outdoor seating for this too..

Sunday – May 18th:

Breakfast – River Belle Terrace
Lunch –
Dinner –

Monday – May 19th:

Breakfast –
Lunch –

We're still thinking about what to do for Sunday and Monday..

We decided Friday will be a DL day. Watch the PoD and Fireworks at night.. Saturday will be DCA day, watch Pixar Play and EP.. Head over to DL when DCA closes. Sunday and Monday probably park hop those 2 days..

Wow, I am SO excited!

I got part of a PhotoPass share, so that's taken care of..

Oh, a little OT, but the other day in my phlebotomy class, the teacher was talking about Point of Care Testing.. And she said, on mistake, "Does anyone know what POTC stands for??".. Of course, dummy me, not paying attention says "Pirates of the Caribbean?!!" lol. WRONG ANSWER! :scared1: A couple people started laughing, probably because it was so off and lame. Jesus (he's in the class with me) started laughing.. I was so embarrassed.. Ugh, what these DisBoards do to me.. :laughing:

So I finally called Disney Dining and made PS's!! WOO! :banana:

I was on hold for 15 minutes, but I did it.. So here's our dining itinerary so far..

Friday – May 16th:

Lunch –

Saturday – May 17th:

Breakfast – Ariel’s Grotto – priority seating @ 10:00am. The CM told me we have outdoor seating by the water.. Yay!
Lunch – Taste Pilot’s Grill. I'm not a BIG burger person, but the Bleu Cheese burger sounds fantastic!
Dinner – Wine Country Trattoria – priority seating @ 7:20pm. We have outdoor seating for this too..

Sunday – May 18th:

Lunch –
Dinner –

Monday – May 19th:

Breakfast –
Lunch –

We're still thinking about what to do for Sunday and Monday..

We decided Friday will be a DL day. Watch the PoD and Fireworks at night.. Saturday will be DCA day, watch Pixar Play and EP.. Head over to DL when DCA closes. Sunday and Monday probably park hop those 2 days..

Wow, I am SO excited!

I got part of a PhotoPass share, so that's taken care of..

Oh, a little OT, but the other day in my phlebotomy class, the teacher was talking about Point of Care Testing.. And she said, on mistake, "Does anyone know what POTC stands for??".. Of course, dummy me, not paying attention says "Pirates of the Caribbean?!!" lol. WRONG ANSWER! :scared1: A couple people started laughing, probably because it was so off and lame. Jesus (he's in the class with me) started laughing.. I was so embarrassed.. Ugh, what these DisBoards do to me.. :laughing:

Sounds good to me.

And :lmao: about your daydreaming in your Phlebotomy class

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's SO FUNNY!!!!

Great choices for PS!! The River Belle Terrace is a must! I know it's not a PS but we LOVED it!! :goodvibes

YAY 30 days!!!!! :banana:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's SO FUNNY!!!!

Great choices for PS!! The River Belle Terrace is a must! I know it's not a PS but we LOVED it!! :goodvibes

YAY 30 days!!!!! :banana:

lol. :lmao: I was SO embarrassed! OH MAN! I told my mom about it, and she was cracking up for the longest time.. I went back into my room, and I could hear her down the hall.. "oh my gosh! pirates!! hahaha!!" lol. Geesh! :laughing:

Yes! We haven't been to River Belle since they refurbed it and added a new menu, but the breakfast menu looks yummy!!!

Yay for less than 30 days! WOO!! :woohoo:

SO! We have added Yamabuki to our lists of eats! Yippie! I heart heart heart sushi and I cannot wait! WOO!!

So here is our new updated dining itinerary..

Friday – May 16th:

Lunch –

Saturday – May 17th:

Sunday – May 18th:

Lunch –
Dinner – Yamabuki - priority seating @ 7:30pm

Monday – May 19th:

Breakfast –
Lunch –

If anyone has any suggestions, please share!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter