YES! First Disneyland trip of '08 AND my 21st bday!!! *LOTS* of pics!

......CON'T........

Okay okay! I'm back!! Sorry I took so gosh darn long to update. I'm a bad TR reporter. And I am asking for your apologies! :worship:

Okay! On with the TR!!!

So after Jesus and I stop freaking out that we finally got our APs we walk over to City Hall to get a birthday button because.. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!! YAY!!!! :bday: party:

P5150465.jpg

I didn't take a picture of my birthday button, I don't know why. But the CM didn't decorate it all cute or anything anyways. She just wrote Courtney on it. I wanted a cute Mickey head or something like I've gotten before.. :worried: Oh well..

After I proudly put on my birthday button we walk over to Carnation Cafe to see if they will seat us. We changed our PS's to 11, and It was like 10:00ish when we got over there. I asked the CM if they would seat us and she said no problem. :) Good! Because Jesus and I were starving!! The CM told us to go wait along the windows and she would call us shortly..

Jesus and I patiently waiting along the windows..

P5150466.jpg

I don't know what he's looking at? :confused3 But he's smiling!! :)

So finally we get seated and we both ordered orange juices and I got my very favorite Mickey Waffle while Jesus got his very favorite Oscar's Choice..

While we were waiting for our food I saw Oscar come out. I was explaining to Jesus who Oscar was and how he's like a CM celebrity.. Jesus responded with "Oh! I hope he comes to our table!" Okay, maybe I said that.. But still. Jesus wanted to tell him how amazing his potatoes are.. I told him he should.

Anyways, Oscar never came to our table, but I enjoyed watching him interact with the guests. He was also seating people and talking with little kids. It was pretty neat. And you can see how much he enjoys working there. :lovestruc

Okay! Then our food came!

P5150467.jpg

That waffle was super good. I get it everytime we eat there, but the way I eat it it's like I've never had it before..

Oh yeah, just to let you know, you won't see many pictures (I don't think any?) of Jesus' food. He gets touchy with his food and he doesn't want pictures taken of it. lol :rotfl: :confused3 Who knows? He's weird.

After we finish our meal we head out and walk towards the castle! :yay:

P5150470.jpg

We make a quick right into Tomorrowland to get FPs for Space.

While we're walking past the Plaza Inn, we see these cool kids! :hyper:

P5150471.jpg

Alice, Donald, and the Chipmunks..

P5150472.jpg

Goofy and if you look the left you can see the hat of Pinocchio. I never see Pinocchio like walking around. I always see him ride in a Main Street car.

P5150473.jpg

And the big cheese himself, Mickey!

We keep walking and get our FPs for Space and go through Tomorrowland and make our way to Fantasyland.

I :lovestruc Fantasyland. It's my favorite land..

We then decide to go on the Tea Cups! After we eat. Good idea. :thumbsup2 You guys should try it.

Here's some pictures of the Matterhorn from our teacup.

P5150476.jpg

......CON'T........

Yay, another update! It took me forever to find Pinocchio in that picture, I was looking to the far far far left :rotfl2: I've never had breakfast at the Carnation Cafe, I'll have to try it sometime. Can't wait for the next update! :goodvibes

......CON'T........

P5150477.jpg

P5150480.jpg

I've never noticed these lamp things before and I thought they were cute..

The whole ride on our teacups I was PRAYING that the Dream Team would be waiting at the exit to give us Dream FPs.. I kept looking at the exit everytime our tea cup would go by.. Yeah, they never showed up.. :(

I love the teacups. I like it because Jesus always spins the dumb teacup so friggin' fast I can't even catch my breath and then I just end up laughing and laughing. :rotfl: And then I'm dizzy once I get off it takes me about 10 minutes to figure out where I am..

So after the teacups, we walk around FL a little more and it was kind of crowded so we wander off to Frontierland and stop at BTMRR and see the wait is only 15 minutes. Woop! Why not!?

P5150482.jpg

By this point, it's getting REALLY hot. I mean REALLY hot. My make up was melting off and getting all over my sunglasses. Ick.

After we ride the wildest ride in the wilderness, we walk across to ride the Mark Twain. Neither of us have done it before, so we wait about 5 minutes to board..

P5160487.jpg

Waiting for the ship to leave.. Can you tell it's hot? My hair's all funky.. The heat makes it funky. :furious:

P5160488.jpg

The Rivers of America and NOS.. It's kind of crowded looking, huh?

P5160489.jpg

My Mom saw this picture and she said she remembers when she was younger they used to sell drinks inside the Mark Twain and she remembers getting a sprite with a ton of cherries on top.. That sounds good, huh?

P5160490.jpg

Disneyland duckies.. I think the ducks mess with you. I swear, when the boat starting moving, they would swim towards the boat, like they were going to get hit, and then they would move the other way.. lol. It was fun to watch!

P5160491.jpg

The Columbia was put away for the day..

P5160493.jpg

This is over by the Hungry Bear.. It made me think of that Captain Kidd place that I heard is gross over on Harbor.. Ick.

P5160496.jpg

Indians!!!

P5160497.jpg

Lol, Jesus was tired of standing so he made his own seat.. :rotfl:

P5160499.jpg

Tom Sawyer Island.. Okay, I know it's Pirate's Lair. But seriously, it's aways going to be Tom Sawyer Island to me..

P5160498.jpg

......CON'T........

I am not sure if I posted on your TR or not...I have been reading, though! I loved your Mickey Waffle! Now I want one! I may have snag a breakfast seating:hyper:

Ooo, I like your sunglasses!!:smooth:

Very Nice pictures...our group finally has our flights and rental car booked for last week in Oct For DL/CA SW US SDZoo plus I want try Surfing

......CON'T........

Okay so after this my memory is shot because I can't remember much. So please bare with me. I'll make updates and edit as soon as I can remember more..

Oh yeah! So you know how on the Mark Twain the record of the "captain" and he keeps saying "Marrrrkk Twaaiiin", lol Jesus was saying that the WHOLE trip. Especially on boat rides (Pirates, Storybook) lol.. All I heard was "Marrkkk Twaaiiin"..

Anyways. So according to my pictures, after we got off the Mark Twain, we went to NOS and went on POTC..

P5160501.jpg

And now I'm remembering because we went on HM too. I :lovestruc the HM. Everytime I go on it I always see something new I've never seen before..

So! After we explored NOS, we were both getting VERY hungry and VERY tired so we made our way to Main Street and saw this guy..

P5160503.jpg

We were walking past the Opera House and Jesus mentioned he missed Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and that he hasn't seen the 50th thing in there, so we decided to go take a look..

P5160504.jpg

Jesus reading the giant newspaper.

I love this attraction. I love Disneyland history so much and I could stay in here for hours looking at everything. I've seen the 50th movie before, but I never really looked around on what they had in here. I thought it was great.. :lovestruc

P5160505.jpg

I want this in my house.

So we watched the movie. It made me want to cry, anything Disneyland history-ish.. Especially hearing Walt's opening dedication speech makes my eyes well up. Jesus really enjoyed it and we both thought it was funny.

After we exited DL we decided to go to DTD and eat lunch before we head back to the hotel. We decided on Ralph Brennan's Jazz kitchen..

Yummy. The food was so good. I didn't take any pictures, but Jesus has the Philly Cheese Steak and I some vegetarian sandwich that had grilled eggplant, peppers, and some other good veggies on some chabata bread..

We were stuffed so we headed back to the hotel..

We stayed at the Cortona Inn & Suites on Harbor. I got it for $59/night on Hotwire. It was nice and we weren't disappointed. It was clean and the staff was nice.. Here are some pictures of the hotel room..

P5160506.jpg

The bed looking from the door.

P5160507.jpg

The TV thing and the door to the bathroom.

P5160508.jpg

The desk and chair.

P5160509.jpg

The fridge and microwave. The fridge was so nice to have. We loved putting our waters in the freezer part. Since it was so hot it was nice to have ice cold water in the parks.

P5160510.jpg

The toliet and shower.

P5160511.jpg

The sink and coffee pot..

So we took a little nap and watched TV. Since it was so hot and we were both all sweaty and gross we showered and changed our clothes..

Next installment: Disneyland at night! Woo! My favorite!!! :lovestruc I'll continue this soon guys, I promise... :hippie:

Great update!! But how the heck can you stand those tea cups?? And after you just ate???? :faint:

I guess I'm getting old. I used to be able to handle them but not anymore. LOL

Sorry it was so hot for you guys. Since we have APs, I'm spoiled in that I only like to go when it's cooler. But sometimes it's unavoidable and you have to go in the heat. And my make-up does the same thing when it's hot like that. Ick!

I love all the pics. The two of you make a really nice looking couple and you look very happy together. :goodvibes

Love the update! Those Mickey waffles look fantastic!! I want some! Haha! That'll have to be next trip, though!! I really want to eat at Carnation Cafe next time we go! Love your Mark Twain pictures and I know what you mean about Disneyland history stuff.....I feel the same way! That 50th movie was very very cute!

Can't wait for more!!

Great update and ....yummmmmmmmmm...........

those waffles look soooooooooooooooooooo good!

:faint:

ok--I'm in for the rest of the birthday TR too! popcorn::

Hi has anyone gone to the Mickey's Tric or Treat Halloween party?

Yes, I have gone, but this is kinda hijacking Courtneys trip report. There is a thread on the Disneyland page where a bunch of us are going, you can read that, lots of info on dates, times, prices, and what it is like.

Anyways....
Great update!!! I cant wait to go again!! I miss my Mickey waffle!! Remind exactly who Oscar is again. I know Oscars choice is after him, I know he has worked there forever, as a chef only I believe. But is it only at Carnation Cafe that he worked?? Whats the whole deal on this Disney legend?

Your hair gets funky in the heat?!?! You are lucky, mine is always funky!! :scared1: Just kidding, mine gets funky when its cold and ugly, and since I live near SF, its always cold and ugly to me!! I would say 350 days out of the year are ugly here!!:furious:
I cant wait to move to SoCal!!

Anyways, you totally remind me of.....MEEH!!!

Yes, I have gone, but this is kinda hijacking Courtneys trip report. There is a thread on the Disneyland page where a bunch of us are going, you can read that, lots of info on dates, times, prices, and what it is like.

Thanks Ive found the MToT Thread...Ive not ever seen that area of the boards...thanks again

In February I got to go on my birthday for the first time ever(and as an accountant, it may be the last time for many, many years). It was a blast.

I just discovered Carnation Cafe for the first time this past visit and I will be returning. The waitress (Kay) my second meal there told me to come back for the breakfast sometime, and I will be trying it.

Looking forward to more updates.

Very Nice pictures...our group finally has our flights and rental car booked for last week in Oct For DL/CA SW US SDZoo plus I want try Surfing

Thank you! Awesome! :thumbsup2 DBF used to surf. He loved/loves it!

Yay, another update! It took me forever to find Pinocchio in that picture, I was looking to the far far far left :rotfl2: I've never had breakfast at the Carnation Cafe, I'll have to try it sometime. Can't wait for the next update! :goodvibes

Lol, you found him! It's like Waldo! :rotfl: Carnation Cafe is great!! I want to try it for lunch now.!

I am not sure if I posted on your TR or not...I have been reading, though! I loved your Mickey Waffle! Now I want one! I may have snag a breakfast seating:hyper:

Ooo, I like your sunglasses!!:smooth:

Hi January!! The Mickey Waffle was YUM-O!! Thank you! :cool2: I got them at Forever 21 for like $5!

Great update!! But how the heck can you stand those tea cups?? And after you just ate???? :faint:

I guess I'm getting old. I used to be able to handle them but not anymore. LOL

Sorry it was so hot for you guys. Since we have APs, I'm spoiled in that I only like to go when it's cooler. But sometimes it's unavoidable and you have to go in the heat. And my make-up does the same thing when it's hot like that. Ick!

I love all the pics. The two of you make a really nice looking couple and you look very happy together. :goodvibes

Hola Beth! I have NO idea how I did the Teacups after eating. I'm a kookoo head I guess.! :yay:

Aw, thank you! We're are happy! Especially at Disneyland! Disneyland makes us 359732 times happier together, :rotfl: :cloud9:

Love the update! Those Mickey waffles look fantastic!! I want some! Haha! That'll have to be next trip, though!! I really want to eat at Carnation Cafe next time we go! Love your Mark Twain pictures and I know what you mean about Disneyland history stuff.....I feel the same way! That 50th movie was very very cute!

Can't wait for more!!

Hey Karen! Thanks for sticking with me in my TR! :cutie:

Great update and ....yummmmmmmmmm...........

those waffles look soooooooooooooooooooo good!

:faint:

Man, Julia, that waffle was good. Seriously, I don't know what they do, but it was the best!!! :thumbsup2

ok--I'm in for the rest of the birthday TR too! popcorn::

Yay! Glad you joined me! Us!? :rotfl: :hyper:

Anyways....
Great update!!! I cant wait to go again!! I miss my Mickey waffle!! Remind exactly who Oscar is again. I know Oscars choice is after him, I know he has worked there forever, as a chef only I believe. But is it only at Carnation Cafe that he worked?? Whats the whole deal on this Disney legend?

Your hair gets funky in the heat?!?! You are lucky, mine is always funky!! :scared1: Just kidding, mine gets funky when its cold and ugly, and since I live near SF, its always cold and ugly to me!! I would say 350 days out of the year are ugly here!!:furious:
I cant wait to move to SoCal!!

Anyways, you totally remind me of.....MEEH!!!

Hey you! I don't think Oscar only worked at Carnation Cafe. I think he's worked a lot of places over the park. But I do know he is the ONLY remaining CM to be currently working that worked under Mr. Walt Disney. Which is pretty cool. I think I read he started when he was in his teens. So he's been there a pretty long time.

Yay! I remind you of yourself! I must be special!!!! :)

In February I got to go on my birthday for the first time ever(and as an accountant, it may be the last time for many, many years). It was a blast.

I just discovered Carnation Cafe for the first time this past visit and I will be returning. The waitress (Kay) my second meal there told me to come back for the breakfast sometime, and I will be trying it.

Looking forward to more updates.

Hey Knight! I've gone for my bday 3 times, and I always have a blast! I love the attention, I guess? Glad you liked Carnation Cafe! I have always bypassed it, I didn't even know it was there!

Hey Disneygrl! Hope you're enjoying my TR!! :yay:

Okay, seriously, I should get the Dis award for WORST TR POSTER PERSON EVER. I am horrible at this. I have kept you guys waiting WAY too long... :worried:

I'm sorry!

Okay! I'm am going to sit here and do as much as I can. Sitting at the computer too long makes my shoulder hurt, and a good movie on Lifetime is coming on at 9:00. SO! I have 30 minutes!

READY.... STEADY.... GO!!!!!!

......CON'T........

Okay, so after we went to the hotel, we took a really long nap I'm guessing, because as soon as we arrived at DL, the fireworks were starting! :eek: Geesh! We took forever!! I got so excited! I love love love LOVE the DL fireworks. The soundtrack, Julie Andrews, Tinkerbell, oh man. I'm in love. :lovestruc

The whole week leading up to the trip I kept telling Jesus how we NEED desperately NEED to watch the fireworks.. He agreed! ;)

Oh! So as we were going through the turnstiles, there was a group of 2 guys and a girl, they were older than us, so mid-twenties? And the girl's ticket was not working when the CM would scan it. It kept making that "thumb" deny sound. And so the CM asked to see her hand stamp, well, guess what? She didn't have that either. So then, the CM asked to see the other 2 guys tickets and hand stamps, and she let that girl in. I was just shocked! I think the CM was too lazy to get a supervisor or something and she just let her through. Man, I really hope it's not that easy to get into the parks.. Seriously.. :eek:

Anyways, we walked under the train tracks and the fireworks just started. We walked and got a spot right in front of the flag pole. Oh well, better than nothing!

I tried taking pictures with my camera, but my camera is HORRIBLE at night pictures. So, sorry these suck. Also while I was trying to get a good picture AND singing along, Jesus was videotaping the fireworks on his phone, and we were watching the video the other day and it came out great!!

Us on the trammy tram. It looks like Jesus has an earring, but he doesn't.

P5160513-1.jpg

See the flag pole!!

P5160517.jpg

I like the swirly things in this one!

P5160518.jpg

This one too!

P5160519.jpg

More swirly things.

P5160520.jpg

I don't know what this is.

P5160523.jpg

I love the RDCT fireworks. My favorite parts are the Indy part and when all the characters say "I wish.." and then they say something from their movies. Aww, love. :lovestruc :lovestruc

After RDCT, I think we walked through the Emporium, but I don't remember. But my pictures tell me we went to the Royal Street Veranda. Yummy. Clam Chowder. :cloud9:

P5160524.jpg

That's tabasco. It was yummy. :dance3: While I was eating my bread bowl and I was scraping the bread out of the bottom, my spoon broke!!! :scared1: Man, I was so sad! Jesus was finished, so he let me use his spoon. But MAN, I wanted that bread! So so good!!

We got a seat right by the POTC queue and the line was empty. As soon as Fantasmic ended. BOOM. All these people got in line and they were staring at my clam chowder!! :rotfl: I don't blame them!

After that we booked it to Tomorrowland and used our FP for Space. There were this group of teenage girls in front of us, and they were sooo scared. They kept asking questions if the ride does this and that, it was kind of funny. :laughing: Poor things.

So I am a brave brave girl for posting this, and this is a lame picture. I KNEW the picture was coming! I even saw the flash!! :rotfl: :rotfl: Man.

I felt bad too because the guys behind us were all trying to take a picture of their picture after the ride was over, and the guy couldn't get a picture without ME in it. I totally ruined their picture. :headache:

P5160525.jpg

Oh man. Why did I post that. :badpc:

After that I believe we went to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan! We waited about 15 minutes..

P5160527.jpg

......CON'T........

......CON'T........

P5160530.jpg

P5160531.jpg

Okay break. I swear this ride moves so fast. I mean, I was trying to take pictures but that dang ship was moving too fast.!

I seriously have a big fat crush on Peter Pan. :lovestruc

P5160532.jpg

We took a left and went through the castle..

P5160535.jpg

But before that we stopped! At my favorite store, the Princess store! Ah, I love that place.

P5160536.jpg

After that we parked it on a bench by the hub and took in the surroundings.

P5160538.jpg

I love Main Street at night..

Well by this time it was closing. I think we took all the shops all the way through Main Street to the exit..

This is Main Street looking towards the train station (duh)

P5160548.jpg

Okay! I need to go watch my movie. Update again soon, I promise.

......CON'T........

Thanks for the update!

I think that last fireworks picture is when do the Haunted Mansion bit, "Is this room stretching or is it your imagination?..." I love the effect of those fireworks, I get this really weird sensation like I'm falling. RDCT are my FAVORITE fireworks ever. I like how your pictures came out like little squiggles. ::yes::

Looking at your pictures and reading your report really makes me miss Disneyland.

Your Space Mountain pic made me laugh. :goodvibes

Hope you enjoy your Lifetime movie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter