YES! First Disneyland trip of '08 AND my 21st bday!!! *LOTS* of pics!

I swear, I didn't forget about my TR!! I've been so busy and my computer doesn't have a thing to plug in my memory card in my camera, so I have to go and use my Mom's computer to load them, and then put them on a flash drive and come back over here..

But since we have a 3 day weekend (YES!!) I will have time! I promise!!

Here is a Dole Whip for your safe return.

dl195.jpg

So yeah I guess this Dole Whip technically is from me since this is my picture and that's my husband's arm right there.....:laughing:

I'm glad you're home!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip!!!!!

Dang, your hubby's arm gets around without you, Karen.

Hi Courtney! :wave:

Just read all of this and am patiently awaiting your trip report!

And I hear you on Phlebotomy issues- ugh. I had to do it in school for my CMA (Im a medical assistant) and I did NOT like it- good luck with school- that's great! My hubby wants me to continue on to be a nurse but I don't want to work in hospitals and in primary care, you spend all your time on the phone instead of with patients! I like where I am fine. :goodvibes

So ya, waiting patiently for your update! popcorn::

Looking forward to reading and seeing your trip report. :goodvibes

Hey everyone!! Finally! I can start this TR right!! :banana:

Thank you everyone for being so patient and baring with me while I wait 902374 days to start this thing. I have a lot of pictures, but not as many as I thought I was going to have. I didn't take a lot of pictures of our food, who knows why.. :confused3 Wait! One reason, is everytime we would get our food, Jesus would laugh and say "Courtney! You're not a tourist! We've been here 9345 times!!!" :laughing: Whatever!! I love food and I love pictures of food, especially Disneyland food!!!! :cloud9:

Okay, so let's get this party started!!!

Day 1 - Friday, May 16th, 2008

I woke up very early, I think around 4 (yes, that's early for me) and I got dressed, finished packing and was ready to go! :cool1: I was SO excited :hyper:, my Mom was like "Courtney, seriously, you go to Disneyland like every week, calm down". Psh, what does she know..

So she dropped me off at Jesus' house on her way to work. I got there at 6:00am, which was a little later than I wanted, but he wasn't ready anyways, so I was just making sure he had everything packed and checking the traffic online. And what do I see, a MAJOR accident on the 5 south! Oh no!!! Online it said the accident was at 3am, but wouldn't be cleared until the AFTERNOON! :scared1: Jesus and I always take the 101 South to the 5 South and then off Disneyland Drive, that's the only way we know. So I try to MapQuest taking the 101 to the 405, but I couldn't find it. So I called my Dad and he said he normally takes the 1, which would take longer anyways, and he doesn't recommend it because he doesn't want us to get lost.. Great.. :furious: So after careful consideration, we decide we're just going to take the 101 to the 5, and if there is traffic, we won't be in it long since and we'll get there eventually.

So off we go!! Yay!! :banana:

We leave the house at 7:00ish, and guess what! There's traffic anyways! But no traffic where the car accident was, so go figure. It took us about 2 hours to get there, it normally takes an hour and a half. And we hit traffic where we normally do, so oh well..

We had PS's at Carnation Cafe at 10am, but we still needed to go to the bank on Main Street, and we were thinking that there is always a long long line to get APs and we don't want to be stuck there and be late for our PS's, so I called Disney Dining (who I have in my cellphone! :) ) and asked if they can change it to 11am. I know it's late, but it worked out.. More on that later..

So after driving and driving and be sooo excited! And having to desperately go to the bathroom, we see this!!!

P5150459.jpg

Yay!! We're here!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :yay: :yay:

So we drive a little more. I don't know if it's the same coming North, but if you're coming South, there's 2 Disneyland Drive exits, one on the left hand side of the freeway, and one on the right, and for some reason, Jesus always likes to drive to the one on the left, lol, :confused3 , so he gets excited that he can go on a exit to the left, instead of normally on the right. Haha, who knows, boys?

So we take the exit, and I am ready to BURST, both because I'm excited and it's potty time.. ;)

And then we see this..

parking.jpg

YAY!!! Mickey and Friends parking structure!!!! :banana: :banana:

So we park in Daisy and I am RUNNING (or walking briskly) to get to the escalator to use the bathrooms that are on the bottom floor of the parking structure. I had to GO GO GO GO!

Okay, so after I finish that, I am a happy camper again :bitelip: and we make our way to the line for the tram. I :lovestruc the tram. I don't know why, I think because I know I'm thisclose to Disneyland! Woo!!! :yay:

So we board our tram and get off right in front of Downtown Disney. And we walk over to the security check and see this!

P5150460.jpg

I think the sayings on this are so cute..

Okay, so look closely at that picture and right under the banner thing, there's those little signs with Timon and Pumba, are those new? I have never seen those before, or I've never paid attention. I know they're similiar to the ones that are on the maps, but I don't know, I guess I'm not paying attention, but I've never seen those before! :confused3

......CON'T........

......CON'T........

As soon as we got in, and after I took this

P5150463.jpg

I love that sign, it makes me want to cry everytime I see it..

Anyways, we go straight to the Bank, and guess what....

NO LINES!!

We were so shocked!! It was about 9:45ish and we expected the lines to be super long like we normally see them, but nope! We walked right into the Bank and were the next people called!!

And after talking to the CM, taking our pictures, and signing a paper, we get this!!!

P5150464.jpg

I was so friggin' excited, I had to take a picture of it! Wooo!!!

Sorry I have to cut this update short, guys. I need to go grocery shopping with my Mom.. I'll update more tonight, pinky swear!!

What a great trip report so far! I was able to follow you right along and when it was over I had to snap back into reality, you made me feel like I was actually there, lol.

As for the Timon and Pumba signs, I know I saw them in Feb. and I'm almost positive they were there last November (but who knows I could be making that up).

I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip report! :goodvibes

So, I have just joined you TR ( I know, Im late). I cant wait to here more!! I will check back later!!

Wow! Another great DLR TR. I am getting excited about our 1st trip in September!!! We are WDW Vets!!!

Woohooo!! What a great start! Jealous....you have AP's! I wish I lived closer!! Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

Since you officially joined the Ladies Only Trip, I just had to stop by and check out your report. And I am lovin it!!! :yay: :thumbsup2

OFF TOPIC: I see that you and Jesus have been dating since you were juniors in high school. That was the same for me and my boyfriend Ruben, who's now my husband. We met in 8th grade but were just friends until our Junior year. Then we dated for 5 years and got married.

Now this June we will be celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary and have four kids. So don't ever let anyone tell you young love doesn't last. ;)

Okay, now more please!! popcorn::

lol. :rotfl2: I never thought about it! Shoot, I'm going to try it!!! If they don't fit me I'll send them to you!! :yay:

:cool1:

Too funny.

Hey- you're seriously going on the girls only trip? Because I want to go SOOOO bad and while my work friend wants to go, I don't think I'll be able to get a solid commitment out of her- she's a single mom w/one in college & one will be a senior in HS this fall, and as much as she NEEDS that trip- I don't think she'll take it. So I'm so happy you're going cuz I think we'd really get along!

I MUST run the idea past DH this weekend so I can give a big YES to the thread! ;)

I have one question . .. there is a bathroom at the parking structure????? Seriously?? how do I not know this??? where are they???

sounds like you had a good time, can't wait to read more. . .

I have one question . .. there is a bathroom at the parking structure????? Seriously?? how do I not know this??? where are they???

The only bathroom I know of at the Mickey and Friends structure is at the bottom of the escalators. You won't see it if you get off the escalator and head straight for the trams. It's behind you.
They are pretty big, with several stalls, and usually not too busy. At least not when I've gone.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

Thank you for joining along! ;)

Yay for AP!! I'm so jealous. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be only 2 hours away from Disneyland!:faint:

I know! 2 hours with traffic!! We usually go and spend the night just because we're so beat and tired we're way too tired to drive home.. Lol, we're lazy.. :)

What a great trip report so far! I was able to follow you right along and when it was over I had to snap back into reality, you made me feel like I was actually there, lol.

As for the Timon and Pumba signs, I know I saw them in Feb. and I'm almost positive they were there last November (but who knows I could be making that up).

I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip report! :goodvibes

Aww. I'm glad it made you feel like you were there! I love reading TRs like that, that's how I wanted to make mine!! Thanks! :cloud9:

So, I have just joined you TR ( I know, Im late). I cant wait to here more!! I will check back later!!

:welcome:

Wow! Another great DLR TR. I am getting excited about our 1st trip in September!!! We are WDW Vets!!!

Yay! I'm glad you like it! You're going to :lovestruc DLR!!!

Woohooo!! What a great start! Jealous....you have AP's! I wish I lived closer!! Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

Thanks Karen! :)

Since you officially joined the Ladies Only Trip, I just had to stop by and check out your report. And I am lovin it!!! :yay: :thumbsup2

OFF TOPIC: I see that you and Jesus have been dating since you were juniors in high school. That was the same for me and my boyfriend Ruben, who's now my husband. We met in 8th grade but were just friends until our Junior year. Then we dated for 5 years and got married.

Now this June we will be celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary and have four kids. So don't ever let anyone tell you young love doesn't last. ;)

Okay, now more please!! popcorn::

Yay! I'm glad you joined, Beth!! Yep! We've been dating forever! Thank you for the kind words!! Young love rocks! lol. :hippie:

Great start............ready for more. popcorn::

Thanks!!!! :hug:

:cool1:

Too funny.

Hey- you're seriously going on the girls only trip? Because I want to go SOOOO bad and while my work friend wants to go, I don't think I'll be able to get a solid commitment out of her- she's a single mom w/one in college & one will be a senior in HS this fall, and as much as she NEEDS that trip- I don't think she'll take it. So I'm so happy you're going cuz I think we'd really get along!

I MUST run the idea past DH this weekend so I can give a big YES to the thread! ;)

Yep! I think I'm just going on the ladies only trip for the weekend, so Friday, Saturday and come home Sunday. Omg! Please please come!! I think we would get along too!! Oh you got me so excited, you HAVE to! I'm making you come. lol. :hug:

I ran it by Jesus yesterday, and he's like "go go!". We met a fellow Dis'er on our trip, and he thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread.. :thumbsup2

fun stuff, but i think its time for another update!

I know! You are right!!! :thumbsup2 I don't know what's taking me so long..

Thank you! Yep, they're right there like Beth said.. They're nice potties too!!

The only bathroom I know of at the Mickey and Friends structure is at the bottom of the escalators. You won't see it if you get off the escalator and head straight for the trams. It's behind you.
They are pretty big, with several stalls, and usually not too busy. At least not when I've gone.

You got it girl!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter