• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yikes!!! Just looked at the weather forecast....

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
A blizzard of "historic and life threatening" proportions for the midwest...

Wow.

Hope this is just their way of using their CRISIS MUSIC and it turns out to be much less than they are predicting.

Stay safe folks.

Crisis music has been playing here since yesterday. It's looking pretty nasty. Hoping that it diverts south of us, but we don't know yet. All our weatherman are in jumping up and down mode...I hate when they do that.

Thanks for the good thoughts Kevin. It's sleeting pretty heavily on the north side of Indy right now.

Stay safe everyone.

Talking heads are predicting a foot and a half of snow out by me. Just got home from store and it was PACKED! Thought it was the day before Thanksgiving! :lmao:

Anyhoo, milk, eggs and beer were running low already. I don't drink but heard people complaining! This is a college town so I am not too surprised by that. Probably won't be leaving the house until Thursday.

Everyone be safe!

just saw the weather on fox news - i see the heaviest line is going to go right through where my family lives....they were already tired of all the snow a few months ago.....

We are supposed to get snow flurries down here! A real Texas Blizzard!

The radio station told us to HUNKER DOWN this morning. Governor has already declared a state of emergency for the entire state. The ice storm a couple of years ago has everyone spooked--lots of people without power for weeks.

I succumbed to the crisis music on The Weather Channel yesterday. I ran out for ice melt and bottled water. We needed both, but I did the run yesterday just in case. We already have bread and such. Fingers crossed we don't get the ice they have been talking about.

Kim

It's actually as bad as they're saying. You know it's serious when the news shows up here STOP playing the crisis music. Stay safe everyone! :)

We already have a foot and a half of snow on the ground from the past two weeks and are now getting hit with this storm as well. It looks like we're getting 2 to 4 inches tonight and over an inch of pure ICE tomorrow. Oy!

I don't think I'll be going anywhere the next two days. I'm over this winter. Where is spring?! There is nowhere else for the snow to go here!

Even us New Englanders aren't used to this much. We could get as much as 2 more feet in the next 48 hours.

The news media are getting over excited around here too. They are saying it is the biggest storm headed our way in 3 years. Honestly we haven't had that much snow here in the past 2 years, so I don't know what all the excitment is about. Yes they are calling for a foot of snow, and yes that means we will have more snow, messy driving, but it is Canada and it does snow here, sometimes a lot:goodvibes.

After hearing what parts of the East coast have gotten this year, I am not complaining.

People are hoping for a snow day. I am not because it is a holiday for the kids and I have dental appointments booked.

The news media are getting over excited around here too. They are saying it is the biggest storm headed our way in 3 years. Honestly we haven't had that much snow here in the past 2 years, so I don't know what all the excitment is about. Yes they are calling for a foot of snow, and yes that means we will have more snow, messy driving, but it is Canada and it does snow here, sometimes a lot:goodvibes.

After hearing what parts of the East coast have gotten this year, I am not complaining.

People are hoping for a snow day. I am not because it is a holiday for the kids and I have dental appointments booked.

we have a pd day as well wednesday and doctor's appointments so hope nothing comes this way.

I'm almost 100% positive that I'm done with this winter. NYC is a disaster area! Snow, and ice, and garbage, oh my!

:crazy2:

The ice has started here. Supposed to ice through the night, then turn to snow in the morning. We're supposed to get 20 inches! You know it's bad when they start running the "Storm Warning" ticker at the bottom of the TV screen 2 days early... :scared1:

It's pretty windy here and it's looking like it might start to snow soon. We are under a blizzard warning until we'd afternoon. Tuesday nights supposed to be the worst.

I am fairly concerned that this storm could ruin our trip. We are scheduled to fly out of DTW (Detroit) on Thursday at 8 am. The snow is supposed to stop by early to mid afternoon on Wednesday. I am afraid that we won't be able to even drive the hour and a half to the airport (we have a room at the Westin) and of course I am concerned that my flight will be canceled. Uggggg Usually I LIVE for these big snow storms and love them, but this one is messing with my vacation!

I'm in Denver and they are forecasting a high of - 2 tomorrow with wind chills much below that. They've already cancelled school tomorrow :cool1:. Needless to say, we are very much looking forward to spring break on the Disney Dream on March 27th!!!

Hope everyone stays warm and safe!

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter