• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yikes!!! Just looked at the weather forecast....

I know this is New england but a total of 80 inches in 40 days is a bit over the top. Are you sure there is not an extra room in the new house Kevin?

I know this is New england but a total of 80 inches in 40 days is a bit over the top. Are you sure there is not an extra room in the new house Kevin?

It would have to be a really big room for all of us refugees... :)

We're expecting some ice, snow and single digit temps in the Dallas area... those Superbowl visitors are not getting a "warm welcome"!

So sick of snow and 2 more feet are heading our way. Our roof keeps finding new leeks:sad2: poor husband is a great guy shoveling off he roof and h is scared of heights. I bought him a 42 inch hd LCD tv today as a reward:cool1:

We're in the path of the approaching blizzard and NOT looking forward to it! School let out early today due to icy roads and they've already cancelled for tomorrow. Depending on what channel you watch we're supposed to get 1 to 2 feet of snow :scared1: We're prepared to be snowed in for a few days. I'm not sure how many more snow days my sanity can handle though :rotfl: The kids already have 7 days to make up now. And here I thought I was safe in booking our next Disney trip 2 weeks after school was supposed to end! Looks like they'll be going right up until we leave.
Stay safe everyone in the path of the storm!

Oh, yes! We are supposed to get hammered. We live in the middle of Kansas and DH was supposed to head to Kansas City tomorrow for work...they called him up today to see if he could head there a day early. He's arrived there, safe and sound, thank goodness. They are expecting up to 2 feet there tomorrow, and they're still recovering from a huge snow last week.
We had very icy streets today, tomorrow 3-6" of snow, not bad...but, it's icy cold here.
I'm longing for WDW!

I mentioned on Facebook that we're all set to make French Toast if we've stocked up on bread, milk and eggs.

But I have something better:

Emergency chocolate. :love:

Can you add Queensland to the list of Prayers

The podcast crew spoke about the floods which covered an area roughly the size of the Gulf of Mexico with damaging water that totally destroyed houses, even the ones on stilts.

About 20 people died during the floods and the inland tsunami that swept through inland towns.

Now a Category 4 cyclone (at this time) is coming to the state:

http://www.bom.gov.au/gms/IDE00035.latest.shtml

Roughly the same strength as Katrina to an area that is still waterlogged.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...-brews-behind-it/story-fn7ik2te-1225997552623

As the state premier called it "Huge and Deadly and get out". Forget crisis music, appealing to Mother Nature would be better.

snowmageddon is heading here this afternoon aparently. Light today, mostly overnight for us and through Wed. Enviroment Canada has issued a " Winter Storm Warning".
Needless to say I went out last night and got milk etc so we are good if we have to hunker down.

So far we have got off pretty lucky in the Toronto area, but now this one is going to hit us too.

We're expecting some ice, snow and single digit temps in the Dallas area... those Superbowl visitors are not getting a "warm welcome"!

DH and I were discussing this. It is going to be quite a while before they let us have another Superbowl!

Today is supposed to be Media Day with both teams at Cowboy Stadium. Of course both teams are 25+ miles from the stadium and the roads are icy. All the school districts in this area have cancelled school and we saw our high for the day at 3am this morning. The last I checked we are at 23 degrees and falling.

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe. I hit the grocery store at 7:00 last night. There were bare areas on the shelves and the check out lines were all 5 people deep. Once I was in line it took 30 minutes to check out.

Wow....this storm is huge...prayers to everyone in it's path....please stay inside, safe and warm.

>> Can you add Queensland to the list of Prayers

>> The podcast crew spoke about the floods which covered an area roughly the size of the Gulf of Mexico
>> with damaging water that totally destroyed houses, even the ones on stilts.

>> About 20 people died during the floods and the inland tsunami that swept through inland towns...

Good luck to you. Ii hope it turns out less sever than predicted.

(Sorry for weird quoting -- still getting used to interface.)

Wow! Praying for everyones safety!

It is rainy and cold here in GA but I certainly cannot complain. It is nothing compared to what many here in the states and those in Queensland, Australia are dealing with.

Sending prayers and pixie dust your way!pixiedust: :grouphug:

Snowmaggedon is headed here to Peoria, il. 19inches on the way. Schools have already closed in town and that never happens. Be safe all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter