• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yikes!!! Just looked at the weather forecast....

One word: Nasty

Got around 15 inches of snow last night, along with winds up to 50 mph. Currently under a Civil Emergency, which means if you go out and get stranded they will not rescue you. Two major highways in WI are closed. All roads in our county are closed, but that hasn't prevented people from trying to get to work and getting stranded.

Now I gotta get out of the house and work through the 4 foot drifts in front or our house. Unfortunately I only own a small snow blower so it's going to take hours to clean, and then the wind will just blow it back anyways.

Go ahead people in Florida, gloat about how nice the weather is there. I won't be :sad1:

I was just looking at the FLA forecast and thought "Man i'd take 66F any day over 23F". Would anyone from Florida like to trade places with me?

I am in Western Australia - so nice and safe, but in northern Queensland where Pete visited the towns have either evacuated to southern areas, or are packed into shopping centres as they are safe from flying glass.

The hospital in Cairns was been evacuated by the Military so there is no trying to manage critical care in the disasters. The area the cyclone is going to hit was flattened by a cyclone 4 years ago, so it is Groundhog day.

To give an idea of the size of the storm, Google has a map where basically the storm covers the whole of the contiguous United States

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...around-the-world/story-fn7ik2te-1225998762870

The cyclone is still predicted to be damaging when it gets through to the centre of Australia (Uluru /Ayers Rock) which Pete also blogged about as being in the middle of a desert.

and the floods from early January

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...e-of-devastation/story-fn7ik2te-1225993627634

I think any Australian ABD will be postponed for a while.

Here's to a break from this weather for EVERYBODY!!!!

I'm in the Kansas City area and our suburb measured in at 13 in. of snow. We're on another snow day today, the 5th one we've taken so far this year! At this rate, I'll be teaching into July! :scared1:

But seriously, it's ok. We stocked up on the essentials for everyone (cat included) and we're warm and cozy. I've been reading the Disboards and looking at my UT Droid App for WDW to give me some warm fuzzies! And DH and I are trying to nail down details for a trip in June. So that keeps me warm too! :laughing:

Doing the good (or at least not so bad) weather dance for you guys! :dance3:

It's all ice and slush here in NYC. UGH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter