Yo ho and off to Dis we go! PTR w/ PICS! LEAVING FOR DIS TOMARROW!

How many times have you been to wdw?

• 5+

• 10+

• Never!

Results are only viewable after voting.

lindsayp

Princess-in-training
Disney world here we come! (again!!) We are going to WDW the end of May and can not wait! :thumbsup2 This is my first PTR so I will try my best! ;) A little about the cast:

Me- a 19 yr old disjunkie. I'm at Wayne State University studying to become a teacher. I love disney pins and have gotten my family into it too. I love Jasmine pins, she's my favorite princess as well! My favorite park is Epcot, least favorite is Animal Kingdom. I'm probably the biggest wdw fan, I could go there every year and never get bored!

My sister, Jess- 23 year old in her first year of Wayne State's medical school. This will be her last summer off during the next coming years of school (and the rest of her life!:rotfl:) so this trip will be the last one for awhile :sad2: She loves dis, her favorite park is Epcot and her least favorite is Animal Kingdom as well.

My mom- our wonderful mom who has been taking us to dis all our lives and started the obsession for us! :lmao: She's been worried that we've been to dis to many times and will be bored :scared1: hehe but she loves dis just as much as us. Her favorite park is Epcot and Animal kingdom.

Last year my mom and sis planned a surprise trip to Disney World for my birthday :goodvibes it was great! we spent a week at POP with the buy 4 days get 3 free.
Image1251.jpg

We started talking about going to Dis in the Fall. We agonized over where to stay. It wasn't in our budget to stay at a deluxe resort so we knew we would be going to POP for most of the vacation. But we thought it would be nice to go to a deluxe resort for a few days, we like moving around anyways :) We thought about going to Contemporary for 2 days and AKL for 2 days. Then we found out that at the Contemporary you have to spend a lot to sleep at the tower or else you stay at these smaller places behind it. We thought about it and b/c I was the only one that wanted to really stay there we went with a stay at AKL for 2 nights at the end of the trip. So here's the break down! :goodvibes We are leaving May 24 and staying until June 2. We're staying 7 nights at POP and the last 2 at AKL. We've made all of our ADR's and have planned our itinerary but will be posting that later on, I need a break from all this pretrip reporting :rolleyes1 :laughing: Thanks for reading and enjoy the ride! :thumbsup2

Here's some dining review links from our last trip:
Coral reef http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2407580
Crystal Palace http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2407591
Chefs de france http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2217275
50's Prime time http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2206351
Teppan Edo http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2205105
:thumbsup2

Hi all! (back so soon you wonder :lmao: ) i'm ready to load the itineray and I realized i forgot to mention a very important cast member! :scared1:

Trixie- our elderly pooch. We weren't sure if we would be able to leave her by herself for 9 days because she's pretty old and sick :guilty: :guilty: but thanks to great neighbors and a wonderful BF (provided by yours truly :P) she will be in good hands while we are away!

Now to our program! :woohoo:

We are flying Delta airlines, leaving DTW at 7:55 am, arriving at MCO around 10:30 am. We're getting to POP via magical express, we liked magical express last year because it was really convient but did not like taking it back. It took forever to get the luggage and get on the bus back to the airport. Hopefully it will be better this year! We have the DDP again this year and are excited to try some new places!

Day 1-Arriving and Epcot
We hope to get to Epcot around 1ish
6:30 ADR at Teppan Edo- yum! :cloud9:

Day 2- MGM
EMH and Fantasmic that night!:woohoo:
We have an ADR at Sci Fi at 12:30 but me might not go to it (well, maybe for milkshakes!!) because we love Pizza Planet!

Day 3- Magic Kingdom
Last year the crowds at MK were overwhelming:sad2: and without space mountain we weren't too thrilled with it. But we're excited to be heading back with SM and TA open again!
4:25 ADR at Liberty Tree

Day 4- Relaxing
Free day! Last year we packed too much into our trip so we are trying to take an easy this time. We will probably spend our day enjoying POP and heading to GF and relaxing at all the other resorts on the monorail.
10:45 ADR at Kona- sis can't wait for their coffee!:lmao:
6:55pm ADR at Narcoossee's
We also have a ADR at California Grill around 9 because we couldn't decide which place we wanted to try but will probably not be going there.

Day 5- Epcot
12:10 ADR at San Angel Inn- this one will be OOP if we go, we will probably split a few meals
7:25 ADR at Le Cellier- our first time! after all the great reviews we read we will finally try it! :thumbsup2
Also, EMH that night woo!

Day 6- Animal Kingdom
As mentioned before, this is the one park i can do without. No matter what time of year it feels like 100 degrees there :scared1: No ADR's planned

Day 7- Epcot
Didn't i tell you we love Epcot? :rotfl:
We have 2 ADR's around 1ish for both Teppan Edo and Le Cellier and will decide if we like Le Cellier better than Japan.
7:00 ADR at Coral Reef

Day 8-Moving day!
This is the day we will be heading over to AKL. We will relax that day.
7:00 ADR at Boma

Day 9- Relaxing
we will relax the day away :cloud9:
7:10 ADR at Jiko- we aren't sure about this one because of all the bad reviews we have read of it :scared1:

So that's it! I will be updating later on about our plans and all that goes into it! :surfweb: :thumbsup2

Deciding on a resort:

As Lindsay alluded to, we had a lots of trouble choosing a resort this year. We've been there many times and know them all, but for some reason we just couldn't pick a plan and stick with it. Have any of you ever had that problem?

We got a 20/30/40% off pin code in about September so we first used that to book 2 days AKL/5 days POP/2 day Contemp. We know! Lots of moving! But we actually like switching it up during our stay. We're all grown girls so it's not too big of a hassle. The problem: we found out that when you switch resorts, you open a new reservation and that in order to have the DDP the whole time, we'd have to buy a ticket package for each resort stay. That's a whole lotta money!!

So after a lot more debate, we got rid of CR (sorry Lindsay!) and change our plan to the first 7 days at POP w/ tickets/DDP and the last 2 days at AKL w/ no DDP. This time when I called to switch our ressie, I had such a funny experience with the CM. See, I'm 23 and always in charge of planning trips...I enjoy doing it where my mom and sis don't. So anyways, I always call and talk to the CMs and just to make things flow easier, I always answer yes when they ask "is this Sherry?" So this time I did that and the CM started taking down our info...I told her I had two daughters and she said ok...but when I told her that they were 19 and 23 she yelled out 'No way! You are way to young!" The CM and I just started laughing...she didn't care at all that I said I was Sherry but she just couldn't believe that I've ever been able to trick someone else in to thinking I had 19 and 23 year old daughters! I guess I sound young! Anyways, she was a hoot and we just had so much fun discussing AKL...which animals were there (my mom asked about where the tigers are to which the CM replied, "we don't have any dangerous animals like that at a resort!") It was a very funny experience :rotfl:

Okay, so the plan was set....we thought...

Then we found out about the gift card promotion. So we called and swithed our POP ressie from the 20% to the $300 gift card...we come out $125 ahead using the gift card promotion. Our plan is to save the gift card and use it to buy food while at AKL.

Finally! After many changes and many conversations with cast members on the phone, I think we have a plan that won't change! :cool1:

Are there any other compulsive plan changers out there who can sympathize?

Just a quick note- I will be starting a trip report from last june's bday vacation soon! Yes I know, I've waited a long time but the thought of doing one was kinda daunting and I have time this week so I'll do my best! :thumbsup2 Thanks for reading!! :upsidedow

I'm here! You aren't alone. I subscribed without commenting. We are going at almost the exact same time - May 25-June 2. I love reading PTR, TR and all the fun stuff, so keep it coming. You do have a captive audience. :)

I'm here! You aren't alone. I subscribed without commenting. We are going at almost the exact same time - May 25-June 2. I love reading PTR, TR and all the fun stuff, so keep it coming. You do have a captive audience. :)

haha thanks! we were starting to feel like no one was reading our thread :sad2: why doesn't disboard tell me i have subscribers?? :rotfl:

I'm subbing :goodvibes Looks like we'll be at the Studios on the same day. Are the EMH that day at a different park? I don't see them listed for DHS on the website.

I am in too! popcorn:: I know how you feel wondering if someone is reading you TR. I was asking if there was anyone at mine too :sad2:. But then I got a couple happy readers :yay:.

Okay, now that you have an audience you have to put in a next installment. You can't leave us hanging. And with two posters you can't say you're busy. ;)

I'm subbing :goodvibes Looks like we'll be at the Studios on the same day. Are the EMH that day at a different park? I don't see them listed for DHS on the website.

thanks! I do think there is EMH that day as we tried to plan it like that. Also, fantasmic that night!

I am in too! popcorn:: I know how you feel wondering if someone is reading you TR. I was asking if there was anyone at mine too :sad2:. But then I got a couple happy readers :yay:.

haha I thought my report wasn't interesting enough :rotfl: thanks for signing on!

Okay, now that you have an audience you have to put in a next installment. You can't leave us hanging. And with two posters you can't say you're busy. ;)

Don't worry I will be posting soon! ;) Now that i know people are reading! :P Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Hello all! Me again here to let you in on all the planning that's been going on! Is it me or is somthing up with the smilies atm and aren't working?? I can only remember a few of them to type out -_- lol

Anyways, :P so last year as I mentioned we did buy 4 days get 3 free promotion and the free entry on your bday. This year we've gone with the gift card promotion and we are getting 300 bucks! woot! (i can't remember if we mentioned this before!) which we will be spending the last two days at AKL for food and whatnot.

What i know we haven't mentioned is that we all did the give a day get a disney day program back in February, which was fabulous! One thing that surprised us was that there were very few volunteer options in the Detroit area where we live. :( We wanted to do some hands on volunteering like soup kitchen or animal shelter but there wasn't any place we could do it at! So we ended up volunteered at SOC which is Services for Older Citizens and did some clerical work.

Even though it wasn't as 'hands on' it was still fun and felt great that we helped out a great organization. They have so many programs such as Meals on Wheels and Home Repair. I didn't even know this place existed and it was practically in my backyard! :rotfl: Most of the job was decorating bags for valentines day so they could put food in them and pass them out to senior citizens. We had a lot of bags, so we thought it'd take a long time to do them but it was fun! :woohoo: I've heard that there are no more tickets for the get a day program left :scared: Hope you guys didn't leave it to last minute ;)

I was looking at my pins today and was thinking I might need a second lanyard :rotfl2: since we will probably be trading our give a day tickets for the pins (since we bought a package ticket deal) Here's what they look like (borrowed from another disboarder :))

YTVHat-011310-avp.jpg

Good for trading! ;) I don't want to be a pin collector to where I have BOOKS of pins haha but....I've always liked collecting things! :woohoo: I think I have one orignal pin still that I bought when i first got into pin trading. And here it is..........

e%20036.JPG

Han solo!! I didn't see his pin there last time, did they discontinue it? Haha well that's all for now, thanks for reading!!!!! :)

P.S. What do you guys think about me writing a TR from last years vaca? It was quite a while ago :scared: but I will write (and try to remember!) if you all want to read it!

Hey DISers! Another planning tidbit and thoughts about the trip.

Last year we wanted a comfortable bag to carry around the park and we found out about Baggallinis http://www.baggallini.com/

It was small but held everything we needs; snacks, water bottles, maps, etc. Only problem is after awhile it got pretty heavy and IMHO I'd rather have a regular backpack instead of an over the shoulder kind.

001.JPG

As you can see it's pretty cute :cool1: but I think this year we will try to stick with other bag that we also carried around last year.

It's also a Baggallini only it's small, has a long strap but also can be adjusted and can we worn around the waist like a fashionable fanny pack (if there is such a thing :rotfl2: )

002.JPG

003.JPG

It's perfect for holding park tickets, FP, money, etc. It's light weight so that's really nice. So we will probably be sticking with this bag for our trip if we can.

COMING UP: To do list, done with that list, and more info about the cast and trip!

Have you seen/tried the Baggallini Get Out of Town Bagg? I bought one in February and have been "test driving" it at all sorts of events I attend for work. It's been fantastic and is pretty small. Unfortunately the price isn't the smallest but I have seen them on eBay.

Have you seen/tried the Baggallini Get Out of Town Bagg? I bought one in February and have been "test driving" it at all sorts of events I attend for work. It's been fantastic and is pretty small. Unfortunately the price isn't the smallest but I have seen them on eBay.

No I haven't but it looks really cute! I think I like it better than the one we currently have. But we would probably fill it to the brim and make it super heavy :rotfl2:

I like the look of that bag, too! I do like the messenger bag except for the fact that the one shoulder gets too heavy. Perhaps we'll have to do some more bag shopping??? hehe Well if we have to.... :goodvibes

I LOVE the Get Out of Town Bagg. And even though it's small it hold a lot! I manage community events for the company I work for. In February we sponsored a Tower Climb and we had over 50 people on the team. I held the keys and wallets for everyone on the team in the bag while they participated in the event. You can use it as a single strap over the shoulder bag or as a double. When I was holding everyones stuff I just wore it as a back pack and it didn't feel heavy at all. I was reallyl pleased. That was the day I knew it would work. I've used it for a couple events since then and couldn't be more happy.

Okay, sorry to hijack the thread but I wanted to share.

I LOVE the Get Out of Town Bagg. And even though it's small it hold a lot! I manage community events for the company I work for. In February we sponsored a Tower Climb and we had over 50 people on the team. I held the keys and wallets for everyone on the team in the bag while they participated in the event. You can use it as a single strap over the shoulder bag or as a double. When I was holding everyones stuff I just wore it as a back pack and it didn't feel heavy at all. I was reallyl pleased. That was the day I knew it would work. I've used it for a couple events since then and couldn't be more happy.

Okay, sorry to hijack the thread but I wanted to share.

Haha no problem, I'm always happy to get some input :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter