Yo ho and off to Dis we go! PTR w/ PICS! LEAVING FOR DIS TOMARROW!

How many times have you been to wdw?

• 5+

• 10+

• Never!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great PTR so far. I love the girls trips. We ate at Teppan Edo the last two years and loved it! We also ate at LeCeiler a couple of years ago and it was really good. I know how your mom feels, asking if you all were tired of Disney. I ask my bunch the same think this year, since we have been 7 years straight, and their response was NO. We are going in June to Pop, again. This year we are not getting the DDP because we got the code for the free QSP. We could have upgraded but we have tried to save a little on this trip so we are going to try it. I hope we enjoy it. Keep the report coming!!! Also, I would love to read a report about the surprise trip!:thumbsup2

Great PTR so far. I love the girls trips. We ate at Teppan Edo the last two years and loved it! We also ate at LeCeiler a couple of years ago and it was really good. I know how your mom feels, asking if you all were tired of Disney. I ask my bunch the same think this year, since we have been 7 years straight, and their response was NO. We are going in June to Pop, again. This year we are not getting the DDP because we got the code for the free QSP. We could have upgraded but we have tried to save a little on this trip so we are going to try it. I hope we enjoy it. Keep the report coming!!! Also, I would love to read a report about the surprise trip!:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading! We thought about the QSP as well but when we calculated (by we I mean my sister) it turned out cheaper for us to eat on DDP because we like so many TBS :) I'm sure when you get there you will love it ;)

We have planned to eat at Crystal Palace again. Also, we are going to go to ESPN and Planet Hollywood. (we figure we can share some meals at ESPN and use the voucher for PH)

Have you ever been to ESPN before? We've never been and I'm curious to know how it is.

This year we won't be going there or Planet Hollywood though b/c I think we're going to totally skip Downtown Disney! Ahh! I know...it seems crazy to skip it while you're there but last year we went and didn't enjoy it. I think we were just tired of shops that even the biggest Disney store in the world wasn't that exciting for us. Also, we went to eat the CS Cookes of Dublin and it was HORRIBLE!! The food I think was okay but by the time we got it we didn't even want to eat it b/c of the...flies! They were everywhere and it was just really gross. Both inside and outside there were flies just all around and it was awful. We should've got up and left but we had it in our minds that we were gonna eat there. Anyways, I think the whole experience that day turned us off to Downtown Disney for awhile. After this year, it will be fun to go to Pleasure Island sometime but this year...Lin will only be 19 (days away from 20) so it wouldn't really work so well yet! :goodvibes

Hello again Disers! Here to post out To Do List!

Now
Work Out- :yay:We're starting to power walk to get ready for Disney b/c last year our feet starting killing us around the end of the 2nd day :sad2: We're trying to do 30 minutes a day now that the weather is getting better, but I'm admittedly hard to motivate. :rotfl: Sometimes Trixie (our pooch) comes with us but as she is getting on in years, she's pretty slow hehe. Last year we signed up for Bally's Fitness Gym before we went and worked our butts off before Dis. When we came back we were too worn out to go and then eventually gave up with it :rolleyes:

School- my sister and I have to finish up this semester, hopefully top of the class! ;) It ends around the beginning of May so we have a few weeks off before wdw

Clothes- we all need some new clothes for our trip, especially socks! :upsidedow Shorts and tanks are also needed before we go. My mom and sis brought matching(ish) t-shirts last year for us to wear on my birthday.
Image1359.jpg

We plan on wearing these our first day :goodvibes I also read online about iron-on transfers. I was thinking about making some cute shirts for us to wear. Has anyone tried this before?

Right Before We Go
Water- Send down a case a water from Krogers. We did this last year and it worked great! Only hard part was lugging it to our room :lmao: This is easier and cheaper than buying water at the food court.

Pack- I will go into more detail as the trip draws nearer. :thumbsup2

Snacks- Buy our snacks and pack them into our carry on. Last year we brought granola bars and another snack that i can't remember :confused: lol The granola bars were great in the morning as we entered the parks and were good pick me ups. We brought too many last time, our snack credits ended up piling up! So we will probably only bring granola bars

Confirmation- We have to do online checking for POP and I think we can confirm for our flight too. Jess will have to clarify :lmao: Last year we did online check in for POP and it made it move faster and smoother for us.

Journal- I have to remember to bring a journal to write about the trip so when i come back i can make a TR! :thumbsup2

So that's our to do list! I will probably add new items to it as i always seem to forget something :rolleyes: As always, thanks for reading! :thumbsup2

Have you ever been to ESPN before? We've never been and I'm curious to know how it is.

My bunch are big sports fans so they love the atmosphere. In the last few years they have changed the menu, so it is not the best bang for the buck. For example, no steak or superbowl sundae. However, they have some decent dishes left and I figure we can eat off the apps. They do not take ADRs so it is first come first serve.

My bunch are big sports fans so they love the atmosphere. In the last few years they have changed the menu, so it is not the best bang for the buck. For example, no steak or superbowl sundae. However, they have some decent dishes left and I figure we can eat off the apps. They do not take ADRs so it is first come first serve.

Thanks for the info! Us three girls aren't the biggest sport fans ;) so that's probably why we've never tried it. Scary to not be able to make ADRs though...with the invention of the DDP our vacation revolves around the ADRs! :rotfl:

Love the shirts, I have never seen them before!!!!:)

Thanks! Since the trip last year was a birthday suprised planned by my mom and I for Lindsay, we brought a birthday gift down w/ us that we gave her own her bday. She might have been hoping for pins but we brought those shirts for us to wear to MK on her bday! We got them at the Disney store up here in Michigan. They're cute because they go together but don't totally match...if you can't see in the pic, Lindsay is Mickey, Mom is Minnie, and I'm Tinkerbell. I'm not a big Tink fan but it was only other character in my size. We're gonna bring them again this year...this time we're going to wear them to Epcot on the first day! Can't wait! :goodvibes

You guys should get Lindsay to tell you about how we suprised her last year with the birthday trip! We had the best time planning and the suprise was so fun!

Hi! Just found your thread. We will be there May 22- June 1.
I haven't made the iron transfer shirts yet but will be attempting them this week. I am just waiting for the T-shirts to arrive in the mail. (If you do decide to make them jiffytshirts has cheap shirts with all different colors and sizes so it is easier to find matches.) I'll let you know how it goes.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned!

1) Photopass: Last year we did a Photopass share (when they were still okay to do on the DisBoards) and loved it! (at least I did!) We got tons of greats pictures and with the share, it ended up only costing us $15 plus cost of printing the pics. We have soooo many pics with all three of us that just wouldn't have happened with the Photopass. I think Lindsay was getting mad though b/c everytime I saw a photopass person, we HAD to stop. The question is, now that shares aren't allowed, should we spend the money to get our own Photopass?

2) Final ADRs: We have too many ADRs booked right now for the DDP...we need to decide what to get rid of.

3) What decade to request at the POP: We liked the 50's but we're thinking about requesting the 60's or 70's this time.

4) What area of AKL to request: we need to investigate the savannahs...

Any thoughts on any of these things??

Hello, ladies! I had some catching up to do and now that I've done that, I have some thoughts and opinions. Yeah!

First, I have to object... you can't skip DTD. You do realize that by skipping DTD you will not be able to go to Goofy's Candy Shop and indulge in all the delicious sweet creations within. No self respecting woman should skip a choloclate feast! The custom apples are almost worth a trip to Disney themselves.

I just have to say, I love the picture in post #25 - you all look so cute.

We got our water delivered from Staples the last two years. They happened to have codes for free shipping so getting a case was very affordable. You may want to check that out too.

To Photopass or not Photopass, that is the question. We have the same dilemma. I did a share lastyear and nothing can be a $15 PP. What we're doing this time is looking at how many pics we got out of it last year and then dividing it by the cost. If the per pic cost works then we'll buy. If not... :confused3

I've stayed at the 50s, 70s, and the 90s and I liked them all. I thought the 70s were a bit too loud. Surprisingly I loved the 90s. The 50s seemed like a nice compromise between the two.

AKL, I asked for Arusha Sav. when we stayed there and didn't get it. I almost objected but decided to wait until I saw the room first. Boy am I glad that I did. The room we had was on Zebra Trail (which the UG says is terrible) and on a watering hole. We had animals at that hole all the time! If I had been put in the room I requested I would have never had the super duper room we did. So I say, surrender to the forces that be and you might end up with a darn tooting good room. :)

Hi! Just found your thread. We will be there May 22- June 1.
I haven't made the iron transfer shirts yet but will be attempting them this week. I am just waiting for the T-shirts to arrive in the mail. (If you do decide to make them jiffytshirts has cheap shirts with all different colors and sizes so it is easier to find matches.) I'll let you know how it goes.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned!
Thanks for joining us! I would love to see how the shirts turn out. :thumbsup2

Hello, ladies! I had some catching up to do and now that I've done that, I have some thoughts and opinions. Yeah!

First, I have to object... you can't skip DTD. You do realize that by skipping DTD you will not be able to go to Goofy's Candy Shop and indulge in all the delicious sweet creations within. No self respecting woman should skip a choloclate feast! The custom apples are almost worth a trip to Disney themselves.

We got our water delivered from Staples the last two years. They happened to have codes for free shipping so getting a case was very affordable. You may want to check that out too.

To Photopass or not Photopass, that is the question. We have the same dilemma. I did a share lastyear and nothing can be a $15 PP. What we're doing this time is looking at how many pics we got out of it last year and then dividing it by the cost. If the per pic cost works then we'll buy. If not...

I've stayed at the 50s, 70s, and the 90s and I liked them all. I thought the 70s were a bit too loud. Surprisingly I loved the 90s. The 50s seemed like a nice compromise between the two.

AKL, I asked for Arusha Sav. when we stayed there and didn't get it. I almost objected but decided to wait until I saw the room first. Boy am I glad that I did. The room we had was on Zebra Trail (which the UG says is terrible) and on a watering hole. We had animals at that hole all the time! If I had been put in the room I requested I would have never had the super duper room we did. So I say, surrender to the forces that be and you might end up with a darn tooting good room.

As to DTD, it was just too much last year as we packed in so much into our week so that probably put a damper on it right away. Personally, i don't really feel a need to go to Goofy's Candy Shop since dis has so many great treats everywhere as well. My sis loves the photo pass, I don't really care to stop every time we see a CM tho :sad2: haha but it was nice having cute pics of all three of us. I don't think we ever thought about the 90's at POP, we thought 70's because of it's in the vicinity of the food court. I hope we get a room at AKL near yours because that sounds awesome!:thumbsup2 Thanks for all the advice! It's really appreciated :)

To Photopass or not Photopass, that is the question. We have the same dilemma. I did a share lastyear and nothing can be a $15 PP. What we're doing this time is looking at how many pics we got out of it last year and then dividing it by the cost. If the per pic cost works then we'll buy. If not... :confused3

AKL, I asked for Arusha Sav. when we stayed there and didn't get it. I almost objected but decided to wait until I saw the room first. Boy am I glad that I did. The room we had was on Zebra Trail (which the UG says is terrible) and on a watering hole. We had animals at that hole all the time! If I had been put in the room I requested I would have never had the super duper room we did. So I say, surrender to the forces that be and you might end up with a darn tooting good room. :)

Thanks for the thoughtful advice! You have made me reconsider DTD b/c I think you have a point about not missing any chance for chocolate! Plus we've never tried Goofy's Candy Co....so we shall see :goodvibes I looked at other websites outside of the DisBoards that still allow photopass shares...we might do one through there. If it's under $30 I think we'll do it...I'm a photo junkie! I love them!

Just got back from a power walk :yay: Me and my sister walked on over to our grandparent's house (they live a few blocks away) and helped them take out the trash. We're trying to get fit for Dis but sometimes it's hard for me to get motivated- ok, ok, it's partly laziness! :rolleyes: But it feels good to get out and move now that all the snow is gone and we can put on the lighter coats. Goodbye gloves and scarves! :lmao:

Last weekend I ordered some pins off ebay to trade at Dis.:rolleyes1 At first I bought a random lot of 5 on Friday, basically so my mom and sis could have a few more pins to trade at wdw. I already have a full lanyard. But I was looking on ebay again on Saturday and saw a great deal for a random lot of 20 and couldn't resist! I ordered them as well :littleangel: So now we have 25 pins between us for trading- I need a new lanyard! Haha at first my mom was a bit peeved but has confessed she's excited to get them! :rotfl: But I'm not allowed to go on ebay anymore- I get too addicted!

Jess wants me to tell you how she and my mom surprised me last year so I will! In February of last year (I think) she and my mom found out about the buy 4 days get 3 free. They booked a stay at POP for 7 nights w/ DDP and added the water park package to it as well. They booked during my birthday week and decided to make it a surprise for me. They didn't tell me for more than 2 months! :eek: It was hard for them not to tell me I'm sure. We kept talking about it, unbeknown to me about the trip, about our favorite rides, what was my favorite restaurant to eat at...:rolleyes: Until one day I said I didn't want to talk about it anymore. It made me sad because I thought we wouldn't be going back for a very long time. This made my mom and my sister decide to tell me. They made me a photo album of all our previous trips. They told me they wanted to watch a movie with me and that it was a surprise so they wouldn't tell me what movie ti was. I remember being annoyed they wouldn't tell me! I assumed it was a Disney movie. They put on the planning dvd and gave me the photo album. The movie started playing and when i saw the intro i thought it was just a preview and i said "skip this!" and they told me to open the album! So i looked at it and on the last page were two pins, a Birthday pin and a 2009 mickey pin. There was also a page with a who what where when sheet with info about the trip. After taking it in for a moment i realized it was a trip to disney world! :rotfl: It was so awesome, I could barely believe it! My sister would have you believe it took me a long time to realize it :rolleyes: but i seriously thought the planning dvd intro was just a commercial before the movie! :laughing: So that's the story of the surprise! A lot of planning went into that trip by my mom and sis :hug: b/c it was our first time back to dis in more than 5 years and our first experience with ADRs. Though it was a packed week, it was a fun week and I'm so happy to be going back!! :banana:

Phew, lot's of text in this post! :thumbsup2 Thanks for reading! :wave2:

What a cool surprise! We love to watch the planning DVD, especially on raining days. I teach and when I am having a bad day at school I watch the Fantasmic video that I have downloaded on my computer. Something about the videos that pick me up and keep me dreaming. My daughter does pin trading. I need to order some from ebay to trade this year. She has about 50 plus pins. I must say, she has picked out some cute ones over the years.

What a cool surprise! We love to watch the planning DVD, especially on raining days. I teach and when I am having a bad day at school I watch the Fantasmic video that I have downloaded on my computer. Something about the videos that pick me up and keep me dreaming. My daughter does pin trading. I need to order some from ebay to trade this year. She has about 50 plus pins. I must say, she has picked out some cute ones over the years.

We do the same thing with our dvd :thumbsup2 Disney movies always lift my spirits as well. pins are fun! i just have to be careful not to buy too many! ;)

Wow, the pins already came! And let me tell you, some of them are good pins! The lot of 5 weren't so great, they will be traded at the parks :thumbsup2 the lot of 20 had a lot better ones, a few we want to keep! They were all good quality and we are excited to trade! Here's some pics of the pins!

001.JPG

The Cheshire cat, jack, goofy profile, carousal horse, captain hook, it's tough to be a bug, belle cup, and mickey

002.JPG

ariel, mickey, tink, grumpy, and the pig from toy story. Here's a a few pics of the ones i really like :goodvibes

004.JPG

cute!

005.JPG

We also got a donald pin and a disney 2010 pin, which i don't have pics of. So overall I'm pretty happy with the pins but I wish I hadn't bought the 5, the 20 were so much nicer. :woohoo:

So last night my mom, Lindsay and I went out to an amazing (and very fancy) restaurant in downtown Detroit with our neighbor. She was sweet enough to buy of a gift certificate for Christmas and we decided to wait until we could all go together for a girl's night out. :cool1:

The restaurant, Opus One, is a pretty big deal in Detroit. It's near Greektown and has been open for almost 30 years. But somehow, none of us had ever been there before!

We walked in and the place was beautiful! They had this cool etched glass all over, great table settings, a piano player, and to top it off we had 3 waiters: one for water, one for the main meal, and one for desert (I'd never heard of having a different waiter for the entree and the dessert).

Now it's not like we don't go out to eat at nice places ever, but this place was amazinggg! Lindsay and I had beef tenderloin, my mom had shrimp, and our neighbor had salmon (for the first time ever!). And we split molten chocolate cake and cheesecake. Everything was delicious. :cloud9:

I was thinking, this place is going us ready for the awesome restaurants of Disney...I just hope some of them (especially Narcossee's and Cali Grill) can live up to Opus One in the D!

Hi. I just caught back up. Love the story of the surprise and all those pins! I might order from ebay too for trading. I went on once and got overwhelmed, but after looking at yours I am motivated to try again. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter