• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YOLO Part Dos -- A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination Updated 9/9 Trip Video

let me say up front you took some lovely photos at epcot. they make you feel as if you're right there looking through the lens taking the photo. as i sit here this saturday morning sipping my mint tea (you know how us southern boys are about our tea) i am in seventh heaven reading your update. i ask you xosamma (may i call you xosamma?) does it get any better than this? no it don't. unless of course you're in disney. in your first photo it looks like maw is laying down the law to paw. i bet that ole boy had some sore ears after she got through with him. i could tell where you was heading in that photo. you was doing the bathroom boogie. it was quiet obvious. HOW could you? how could you snooze on spaceship earth? that, young lady is sacreligious. but since you're confessing i might as well fess up too. yes i, uncle toad, have also closed my baby blues on that ride. i feel better now. it's true, confession is good for the soul. i felt some affinity with that fella wearing the horse head. only i tend to wear the other end. far too many times i might add. ah, the polynesian. it's a family tradition for us to eat at o'hanas every trip. usually the first night. my son has stayed at the poly twice. me, zero. i figure part of the grub included a dole whip. i know mine would have.

HAHAHA to the fake vacationing! I really believed that you guys stayed there because I remember Alicia staying there just recently or something like that.

Yum to some grub! I've had 'Ohana and Kona, but I still haven't tried Captain Cook's! I would love to try their pork nachos.

Oh my gosh i got really behind on you TR! Your planking is hilarious!!!

Oh my gosh about dropping your phone getting on space mountain! Did it fall on the tracks?? Good thing you got it!!

:rotfl2: I really thought you were staying at the Poly! I love that you took pictures on someone's patio too! That's totally something I would do!

Hi xosamma,

Really enjoying your report but why was there no poly planking?

The Poly has some good restaurants. I'm looking forward to the meal review. Where did you eat?

BTW, has Brittany done any cruise ship planking?

Spaceship Earth :love: I miss it so much! And I love your pictures even though you don't seem too happy at all with the way your future is going. ;) Well, at least Andy does!

LOL @ the guy wearing the horse head. The people you find in Disney :rotfl:

I literally thought for a second you guys were going to stay at the Poly. Well, you fooled me! Want to stay there so bad myself. But I mean, you still got some great fake vacation photos, perfect for an extra classy Christmas card :cool1:

I'm guessing there maybe some Dole Whips in your future or something delicious looking, can't wait to read about that! :mickeyjum

Our smolders are more like angry at life faces :rotfl:
Like I was so confused I just don't understand? When packing for your trip do you just think "yeah I think I'm going to bring my horse head with me"?
Thats probably the closet to me staying at the Poly ever. Alicia and Andy just stayed there for a weekend trip in July so they can cross it off their list.

Oh my gosh, I was so excited for a second thinking you might really be staying at the Poly! :rotfl: That would be a YOLO trip for sure. :thumbsup2 I think it's hilarious that you got pictures on someone else's patio!

Are there Dole Whips involved in this grub?!?! ;)

That would definitely be one of the BEST YOLO trips ever! One day it will happen.
Of course! I can never pass up a delicious dole whip! :thumbsup2

let me say up front you took some lovely photos at epcot. they make you feel as if you're right there looking through the lens taking the photo. as i sit here this saturday morning sipping my mint tea (you know how us southern boys are about our tea) i am in seventh heaven reading your update. i ask you xosamma (may i call you xosamma?) does it get any better than this? no it don't. unless of course you're in disney. in your first photo it looks like maw is laying down the law to paw. i bet that ole boy had some sore ears after she got through with him. i could tell where you was heading in that photo. you was doing the bathroom boogie. it was quiet obvious. HOW could you? how could you snooze on spaceship earth? that, young lady is sacreligious. but since you're confessing i might as well fess up too. yes i, uncle toad, have also closed my baby blues on that ride. i feel better now. it's true, confession is good for the soul. i felt some affinity with that fella wearing the horse head. only i tend to wear the other end. far too many times i might add. ah, the polynesian. it's a family tradition for us to eat at o'hanas every trip. usually the first night. my son has stayed at the poly twice. me, zero. i figure part of the grub included a dole whip. i know mine would have.

Oh why thank you!
Spaceship earth during the middle of the day can be bad with the lack of sleep. With the AC and darkness I can sleep like a baby, but normally each time I fight of those aching eyes and push through it. I love Ohana I have only been there twice but it feels like so much more. Alicia and Andy can finally say they stayed there once me zero as well as you. But one day!​

HAHAHA to the fake vacationing! I really believed that you guys stayed there because I remember Alicia staying there just recently or something like that.

Yum to some grub! I've had 'Ohana and Kona, but I still haven't tried Captain Cook's! I would love to try their pork nachos.

Fake vacationing at its finest! :thumbsup2
Sadly they did stay without me...one day I will stay there though.
I have yet to try Kona but Ohana is a personal fav​

Oh my gosh i got really behind on you TR! Your planking is hilarious!!!

Oh my gosh about dropping your phone getting on space mountain! Did it fall on the tracks?? Good thing you got it!!

:rotfl: Brittany has become the Disney Planking Queen. She was born with a gift!

It actually fell right when we got on the ride so it fell right by the controls podium.​

:rotfl2: I really thought you were staying at the Poly! I love that you took pictures on someone's patio too! That's totally something I would do!

YES! if we are ever at Disney the same time we will go hang out on random peoples patios!​

Hi xosamma,

Really enjoying your report but why was there no poly planking?

The Poly has some good restaurants. I'm looking forward to the meal review. Where did you eat?

BTW, has Brittany done any cruise ship planking?

Thank You!
I don't even know why she didn't, I guess we were to busy thinking about the food.
Brittany has yet to plank on a cruise ship so we are pretty exciting to see where things will lead on the disney dream!!!​

Dole Whip Anyone?!

Today we were having lunch at Captain Cooks!

Figuring out what we were going to have was once again a huge struggle. To many choices! But after going back and forth we finally ordered. It was probably one of the nicest days of our trip so we decided to take our food and eat it outside.

Hello Beautiful!!!

Lets see those food pic!!!!

Alicia got the Stir-Fried Noodles with Chicken which she enjoyed mucho

Andrew went with the flat bread pepperoni pizza

Brittany got what looks like a BBQ flatbread?

I probably got the least exciting thing, which was the Caesar salad. Sorry that I love Disney Caesar salad.

After eating our food with the cute / annoying ducks it was time for some dessert&.DOLE WHIP anyone?! Seriously there is never a bad time for a dole whip.

I love getting dole whips at the poly because it is self serve so you better do it good. Unfortunately I did not take my own advice because I was already stuffed from my meal.

Brittany got the pineapple vanilla twist, I got the plain pineapple with a little vanilla on top to see how it is together since Brittany said she liked it better that way. I didnt hate it I just prefer the plain pineapple the vanilla dulls it down.

Alicia got a brownie and Andy got a cookie

DOLE WHIP, DOLE WHIP ERR BODY LOVES SOME DOLE WHIP!

It was so beautiful and the sun was out so I had to move my chair in the sun.

Best friends

Although we all love the Poly we just couldnt waste away our last night there. So we hopped on the monorail and too the MK we went. Unfortunately this was not where we were staying for the night Alicia just had to run to use the bathroom. Seriously we all have some sort of bladder issue&

After she met back up with us we headed to the AoA bus stop. It ended up taking FOREVER so we hopped on a bus to the Pop. That is seriously the best thing about these 2 resorts being connected to each other. After a nice 20 minute ride to Pop we walked back to AoA

Once we made it back to the room no one could make up their minds on what to do so we all took a little rest. I put my camera battery on charge in the meantime. There was no real sleeping because lets face it theres no sleeping in Disney!! So because of that we decided to head down to the pool.

I was beyond excited to stay at AoA because they pump music under the water, it was one part of the trip I was looking forward to most. Unfortunately Im a huge wimp and the water was chilly so pool time didnt work out this trip.

Since our pool time was cut short it was time to go spend our last night at Hollywood Studios!

Continue to Next Post

me, i ain't never ate at captain cook's. looked around but never partook of their vittles. you gotta have a dream or two. don't let it die and one day you will stay at the poly and not have to fake it. HAIL CAESAR!!! what was that, about caesar salad number 50 for you on this trip? but i have to admit it sure looked good. good golly miss molly, them dole whip photos has done flung a craving on me. oh well, just 50 days til i can feast on my very own. you are so right about everybody lovin' dole whips. if they don't, they ain't got a clue what real love is. when you say "best friends" do you mean you and andy or andy and that cookie he's wolfing down? hooray for hollywood. as leon redbone says "it's gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight."

Mmmmm... those flatbreads look so good and I'm still so ashamed of the fact I've never had a Dole Whip. I can't stand pineapple so I'll definitely be going the vanilla route, but I'm so excited to go try one this coming year!

IT IS so great and convenient how Pop and AoA are connected. I'm definitely taking some time on my next trip to visit and because I'm only in Disney for a short while, it's reassuring that I have two options for buses. And that's so cool about the music being pumped in under the water, never knew that. Your first picture of AoA by the way is gorgeous, love the little tinge of purple! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Those are some towering Dole Whips!!! The only one I've ever had was at the Dole Pineapple Plantation in Hawaii. I've never actually had one in WDW!! If we are ever in the need for food while on the monorail loop, we'll have to stop there for self serve Dole Whips and the adult grilled cheese, which sounds & looks amazing from pics I have seen in other reports! I'm interested to try the pineapple vanilla swirl, but I might have to take your approach and just try a little on top because I loOoOoOoOve pineapple!!

Your last night? ALREADY?!?!

me, i ain't never ate at captain cook's. looked around but never partook of their vittles. you gotta have a dream or two. don't let it die and one day you will stay at the poly and not have to fake it. HAIL CAESAR!!! what was that, about caesar salad number 50 for you on this trip? but i have to admit it sure looked good. good golly miss molly, them dole whip photos has done flung a craving on me. oh well, just 50 days til i can feast on my very own. you are so right about everybody lovin' dole whips. if they don't, they ain't got a clue what real love is. when you say "best friends" do you mean you and andy or andy and that cookie he's wolfing down? hooray for hollywood. as leon redbone says "it's gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight."

This was my first time eating at captain cooks and I must say my caesar salad was pretty tasty! It's never a Disney Trip without a caesar salad. I count day ever day till I can have a dole whip and schoolbread....SO SOON! Me and Andy are best friends...but he would probably enjoy his friendship with that cookie instead of me.​

Mmmmm... those flatbreads look so good and I'm still so ashamed of the fact I've never had a Dole Whip. I can't stand pineapple so I'll definitely be going the vanilla route, but I'm so excited to go try one this coming year!

IT IS so great and convenient how Pop and AoA are connected. I'm definitely taking some time on my next trip to visit and because I'm only in Disney for a short while, it's reassuring that I have two options for buses. And that's so cool about the music being pumped in under the water, never knew that. Your first picture of AoA by the way is gorgeous, love the little tinge of purple! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Don't worry the first time I tried one was a little over a year ago. I was afraid that the pineapple taste would be more artificial flavoring but that was not the case.
It is really convenient and it is a nice walk on the bridge between both resorts.​

Great pics! :)

Thanks!​

Those are some towering Dole Whips!!! The only one I've ever had was at the Dole Pineapple Plantation in Hawaii. I've never actually had one in WDW!! If we are ever in the need for food while on the monorail loop, we'll have to stop there for self serve Dole Whips and the adult grilled cheese, which sounds & looks amazing from pics I have seen in other reports! I'm interested to try the pineapple vanilla swirl, but I might have to take your approach and just try a little on top because I loOoOoOoOve pineapple!!

Your last night? ALREADY?!?!

You can't be cheap when it comes to making your own dole whip! I mean eating a dole whip in Hawaii is pretty cool as well. I don't understand why I didn't get the grilled cheese, I could seriously live on regular grilled cheese. Next time I will have to get it!​

I'm Gonna Wreck It

With a quick trip back to the room to get our stuff it was to the bus stop we go. We didnt have to wait very long to a bus to arrive and the best part was that Hollywood Studios was seriously less than a 5-minute ride. Once arriving at the beautiful MGM (Yes I called it MGM) on a beautiful evening we had one thing on our mind.

While making our way to a favorite attraction Brittany was kind enough to take some photos of her and I for your enjoyment :rotfl:

throw up your deuce

dancing to the wonderful sunset boulevard music loop

Were following the leader, the leader, the leader&.

Then I had to stop real quick to snap a picture

I may or may have not instagramed it&:rotfl:

And finally that last We dont know how to take a nice photo photo

If you couldnt guess we were making our way to ToT. Once we finally got to it we decided to grab a fastpass then head back to draw at the animation academy. From the lack of notes I kept I will assume that we didnt wait to long for a class.

This class will probably be one of my favorites of all time. The character that we drew came from one of my favorite Disney movie that was released not too long ago. That movie would be called WRECK-IT RALPH! So I had to make sure that this drawing came out just right.

Fix it Felix Jr!

After our Animation Academy class we walked around not knowing what to do. We headed towards the great movie ride but the line was way to long for our liking. So we headed towards toy story mania we knew it was going to be a long wait and we were correct. 90 minute wait anyone? Nope not right now, so we talked about going back to the playground, that didnt happen. No more lights motor actions showings for the day. So after walking around for forever we decided to go watch the muppets.

After our show in the muppets was rudely ended by an explosion we decided to check out Pizza Planet and see if we wanted to have dinner there. I mean its Disney pizza so of course I was down for that! We werent hungry yet so we decided to walk around again&

We ended up getting in line for the new Pirates show. We had an uneasy feeling getting in the line because me and Alicia once stood in line for the prince Caspian thing and once we got in there all we wanted to do was sit. But we said we can cross it off and say we did it so we stuck out the wait.

We are a strange group of 4&I wont lie. We had a whole bunch of chaffing going on and Alicia was just throwing out the most random things ever. Such as You know whats funny? When you lick someones eye lids when they are sleeping All I can say is poor Andy.

After waiting what felt like a million years we were let in. First you enter a room and wait a little more because the show

Once the skull talks to you, you enter another room with a pirate ship in front. I liked the projection idea they were going for, the concept on the other hand was somewhat of a joke&.sorry Disney. I probably wont be doing it again.

Continue to Next Post

I'm Not A Macho Man

After so much waiting for a somewhat lame show we were ready for some Disney pizza! As we were walking down the Streets of America Andy asked if that was the DTD balloon up above the roof….it was the muppet balloon :rotfl: Oh Randy!

There was no one at Pizza Planet when we arrived so there was no waiting in line which was nice.

We ordered our pizza and Caesar side salads and found a table while Alicia talked to a random CP she didn’t know. When I went to take some food pics my camera wouldn’t turn on and that’s remembered that put it on charge. Seems like I forgot to grab it when we left the room. (hence the lack of photos for the rest of the night)

One thing I was told to tell you guys was how amazing the cupcake was. Alicia was the only one to order it and she just kept saying how most the cake part was.

Overall the food was delicious, once we finished we decided to change into pants for the night. While I was in the bathroom a girl walked up to me and asked if she could take a photo of my toy story toms. I must admit it was a little strange but she did apologize for being a creep.

With pants on it was time to go us our fastpasses for ToT. As we were taking a nice stroll passed ABC commissary mission impossible started playing and I kid you not everyone around started dancing and acting like spies…nbd

We got to ToT and everything was going good

Until we got stuck with the most annoying girls behind us EVER! I can handle people having a good time on a ride but these girls we just being so obnoxious that it was getting to all of us. So with that we may or may have not put our hands up and this may or may not have blocked their faces for the picture.

It was about 9 so we decided to get in line for fantasmic.
During our wait I gave Alicia a nice little rat tail

We just so happened to be standing by those lights in the ground…if you don’t know where this is going you might not have been keeping up with our motto this trip

FIND YOUR LIGHT!

one more photo then we were making our way into the arena

With the stampede all filing in we made it to our section.

Might I add that we got the lovely front row

Alicia and Andy went to get some snacks for the show and came back with some cinnamon glazed nuts and popcorn.

An older CM came by and stopped in front of us with his cart of merchandise and since we were in the front he started talking to us. He stated “I got nuts for girls who have nuts” :rotfl: I was dying! Then to make it even better Yo Ho came on so he sang with it singing “Yo Ho Yo Ho I’m not a macho man” seriously though can he be my grandpa?!

Soon it was showtime! The lights went out the music started playing….but wait where’s Mickey?!

Yes that is right Mickey never came out! Well he did but he was late and I was crying! The very beginning is one of my FAVORITE parts, to the point where I can do the whole dance for you (I also taught and made my family do it a Dennys once…yes that is what a Disney loving family does!) So I was prepared to swim across the water and perform for Mickey.

After crying a little the show went on and a good show at that.

My favorite thing about this showing in particular was that Alicia was telling me and Brittany all the insider things that Ryan (who work costumes at fantasmic) had told her, it was definitely interesting!

Once the show ended it was time to make the long trek to the bus stop. Goodbye Hollywood Studios see ya real soon! We got another charter bus which was nice for the comfy seats for sleeping but AoA was like 5 minutes away so there was no time for sleep.

When we got back to the room I passed out right away while Brittany packed up her stuff. Tomorrow was leaving day…..

Continue to Next Post

good to hear that you and andrew are best friends, at least on your end. you seem like a nice person,but there is something special between a man and his cookie. me too. i still refer to the studios as mgm. just as the tta will always be the wed way people mover. nice photos of you and the planking princess. i can't believe she passed up the opportunity to plank that fire hydrant! one of these days you're gonna take a photo with that tongue out and they'll be a piece of lettuce stuck to it from one of those multiple caesar salads you consume. all of ya'll did real good on your drawings. there is some talent amongst you four. i've never seen wreck it ralph. i'll have to "fix" that. good choice on pizza planet. have eaten there a couple of times. that cupcake looks yummy. only they need to leave the peppermint out. light seems to have a strange effect on you girls, judging by those photos. another blight on my record. i've never seen fantasmic. maybe this trip. hate to see this trip report coming to an end. it's been fun.

Your food at Capt Cooks looked delicious!

Eeep! That's so cool that you drew Fix-It Felix!!

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the new Pirates show at all. Like it was a cool concept but when it was over, I thought we had just finished the pre-show to something. But then..... that was it. :confused3

Yay Fantasmic! I'm glad Mickey showed up in the end. Although you would've made a good replacement, I'm sure!

dang, when you say you passed out you ain't fibbing. i hope you wake up soon. the thread looked a bit lonesome what with no activity, so i figured i'd post some of my usual drivel. just one month and 8 days and i'll be "homeward bound". life is good, life is very good. and as an added bonus this will make post number 30 for me! i'm a flying high!

I've been a DIS creeper for yrs but finally had to make my first ever post! I have read and enjoyed all of yours and your sisters trip reports. Can't wait for future TPs!! :)

good to hear that you and andrew are best friends, at least on your end. you seem like a nice person,but there is something special between a man and his cookie. me too. i still refer to the studios as mgm. just as the tta will always be the wed way people mover. nice photos of you and the planking princess. i can't believe she passed up the opportunity to plank that fire hydrant! one of these days you're gonna take a photo with that tongue out and they'll be a piece of lettuce stuck to it from one of those multiple caesar salads you consume. all of ya'll did real good on your drawings. there is some talent amongst you four. i've never seen wreck it ralph. i'll have to "fix" that. good choice on pizza planet. have eaten there a couple of times. that cupcake looks yummy. only they need to leave the peppermint out. light seems to have a strange effect on you girls, judging by those photos. another blight on my record. i've never seen fantasmic. maybe this trip. hate to see this trip report coming to an end. it's been fun.

dang, when you say you passed out you ain't fibbing. i hope you wake up soon. the thread looked a bit lonesome what with no activity, so i figured i'd post some of my usual drivel. just one month and 8 days and i'll be "homeward bound". life is good, life is very good. and as an added bonus this will make post number 30 for me! i'm a flying high!

Best friends for life! :rotfl:
I don't like change so when Disney tries to change the name of something it will be called the old name. You MUST see Wreck-it Ralph it's one of my all time favorites!!! Its a wonderful movie. I didn't get the cupcake because of the peppermint frosting, it just did not sound good too me. You've never seen fantasmic either?! I use to be that person who didn;t have to see it ever trip but now it has become a personal favorite.

Seriously though I passed out!
So close to our Disney Vacations!!! Unfortunately your last days will be my first days.​

Your food at Capt Cooks looked delicious!

Eeep! That's so cool that you drew Fix-It Felix!!

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the new Pirates show at all. Like it was a cool concept but when it was over, I thought we had just finished the pre-show to something. But then..... that was it. :confused3

Yay Fantasmic! I'm glad Mickey showed up in the end. Although you would've made a good replacement, I'm sure!

It was by far my favorite character to draw!
oh pirates :lmao:I think the experience also depends on the group going in because it is a lot of "audience participation"
One of my odd disney dream jobs! Maybe one day!​

Great update! :)

Thank You!​

I've been a DIS creeper for yrs but finally had to make my first ever post! I have read and enjoyed all of yours and your sisters trip reports. Can't wait for future TPs!! :)

WELCOME!!!! :wave2:
I am truly honored that you decided to do your first ever post on my trip report! I am also very glad to hear that you have been enjoying our trip reports. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter