• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YOLO Part Dos -- A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination Updated 9/9 Trip Video

Hello all, sorry I have been MIA for quite some time. I have been busy with getting everything ready, such as mnsshp costumes, FE gifts for the cruise and painting some shoes for the family for our upcoming trip to Disney in 40 days! Which I will share in a life update soon.​

Our Last Morning At AoA

Today was leaving day and I decided to wake up at 9. I showered and got everything packed up. Everyone was still sleeping so I decided to hope back into my nemo bed one last time and watch some tv. We decided to take the morning easy and enjoy our nemo suite till the last possible second. We got all our stuff and left our room by 11:30.

On our way to baggage we saw our best friend&the lady from a couple nights before with the baby. Except this time there was no baby in the stroller.
We got our carry ons put in storage and then we learned that the baggage check in for flights is in a different place

So we walked around the building and found a nice little building for Andy and Brittany to check their suitcases.

The process went quick and easy. With bags checked and off to the airport we were on our way to DTD. We had one more quick service and one snack credit left to use up before we left.

Once we arrived we did some browsing in world of Disney and Trend D.

I personally think Beautifully is overpriced but thats just me. I was tempted to buy some nail polish&good thing I ran out of money.

After browsing for a short time we decided to grab some lunch before it got to late. We ended up splitting up because we wanted different things and by splitting up I mean Brittany went to Earls while Alicia Andy and me went to Wolfgang.

We ordered fairly quickly but had to wait for our food to be cooked. I texted Brittany and she said the line was almost outside. So once we got our food to go we went to find a table by the water.

While we waited for Brittany I snapped some food pics.

I got my all time favorite, the chicken alfredo with crème brulee for dessert. Andy also got the Alfredo and a cookie?

Alicia got a pizza, which she always enjoys

We found Brittany and danced with our food one last time.
After lunch we went to Goofys where we decided to use our last snack credit. While looking at all the goodies we could choose from we ended up getting a create your on snack. This was probably one of the best decision ever made.

It did take awhile for ours to be made because there was a HUGE line. It didnt really matter though because we didnt have anything else to do. So we stood and watched the CM make the delicious treats.

I made a rice crispy mickey dunked in milk chocolate, smothered with M&Ms, and drizzled with more milk chocolate.

Brittany got the mashmellows on a mickey straw dunked in dark chocolate (or milk, Im not sure. But I know she likes dark chocolate), smothered with M&Ms, and drizzled with white chocolate

Alicia got a mickey rice crispy dunked in some milk chocolate, smothered in sprinkles and drizzled with white chocolate (sorry no photo)

After we got our snacks we ran to the Christmas store so Brittany could get her mother an ornament. This trip she bought the toy story alien with the sorcerer hat, being the big toy story fan that I am I was definitely pleased with her choice.

Soon it was time to get back to AoA so we went to the bus stop and waited.

Continue to Next Post

having to leave "home" is never easy. it tears at the heart, but unfortunately it's something we have to face. we always drive and i guess that makes it a bit easier to just get up, throw your bags in the van, and head out. it's sad but you know you'll be back. i haven't been to downtown disney the last two or three trips. we used to eat at fulton's often but ever since they closed the virgin record store i've kind of boycotted that area. i've eaten at wolfgang once. don't remember what i got but i can say i've eaten there. i think i would have had to go with brittany to visit the "earl" and grab me a sandwich (or as we say in the south, a "sammich"). your creation at goofy's has got me smacking my lips. that thing looks yummy! it's a shame our trips ain't overlapping. i would have liked to show you the amazing disney shoes a sweet norwegian cobbler made for me. i highly recommend her work. anyways, i know you're as excited about your upcoming trip as i am about mine. i'm driving the wife "nuts". it's all i talk about. so with that said i'm going to shut up.

All your food pics are making me hungry even though I just had a huge lunch! :rotfl: Seriously, everything looks DELICIOUS, especially those treats from Goofy's. *drool* We've never stopped in there, but those look amazing.

So sad it was your last day :sad1:

I didn't know you could make your own snack in DTD! I so need to do that!

What a great way to spend your last day in the world, just taking your time and enjoying lots of food. The bag check area at AoA is so cute, they left no space untouched there.

I definitely have to check out Wolfgang Puck on my next visit, I keep on hearing such great things. The pizza, the alfredo, the creme brulee, all look so good! Earl of Sandwich too.

:thumbsup2 to "creating your own treat" at Goofy's! That's so cool how they can make some of the treats on a Mickey straw, never knew that. Totally making a point to stop by there for a snack on my next trip.

So sad, this is the last day. Can't wait to read about how you finished it out though! :mickeyjum

After catching up on all your updates, I will have to go back and watch the video for the umpteenth time since I have all the details now! I never thought to get WPE to go so that we could sit outside by the water. I'm really liking that idea!

OMG, your next big adventure is going to be epic! I can't wait to hear about all the cruise stuff!

Leaving never gets easier and I don't think it ever will. But it's nice to know that it is never really goodbye. We use to drive all the time when we were younger but now it is just a lot easier to fly. DTD is not something I have to every trip but I do find myself there every trip...I just want to buy everything! I talk Disney 24/7! Disney is pretty much the topic discussion at dinner every night :rotfl:

YAY YAY YAY Our trips are almost here! I hope you enjoy you flight off to neverland.

haha what I would do for a school bread right now! only 18 days till I can get one but who's counting?! I'm glad to know that there are some who are waiting for this TR I greatly appreciate it.

All your food pics are making me hungry even though I just had a huge lunch! :rotfl: Seriously, everything looks DELICIOUS, especially those treats from Goofy's. *drool* We've never stopped in there, but those look amazing.

Whenever I look at Disney food I become hungry! Goofy's has a smell that gets to me after a while but the smell is worth the delicious treat.​

So sad it was your last day :sad1:

I didn't know you could make your own snack in DTD! I so need to do that!

Last days in Disney are the worst...
YES! And they are so delicious yet so bad for you.​

What a great way to spend your last day in the world, just taking your time and enjoying lots of food. The bag check area at AoA is so cute, they left no space untouched there.

I definitely have to check out Wolfgang Puck on my next visit, I keep on hearing such great things. The pizza, the alfredo, the creme brulee, all look so good! Earl of Sandwich too.

:thumbsup2 to "creating your own treat" at Goofy's! That's so cool how they can make some of the treats on a Mickey straw, never knew that. Totally making a point to stop by there for a snack on my next trip.

So sad, this is the last day. Can't wait to read about how you finished it out though! :mickeyjum

Gotta cram in as much Disney food as you possibly can! Yes you must try Wolfgang. If you are on the dining plan it is so worth the credit.
I wish I liked marshmallows more because you get a "free" mickey straw. Oh well the rice crispy treats are wonderful.​

After catching up on all your updates, I will have to go back and watch the video for the umpteenth time since I have all the details now! I never thought to get WPE to go so that we could sit outside by the water. I'm really liking that idea!

OMG, your next big adventure is going to be epic! I can't wait to hear about all the cruise stuff!

Yay!!!! It was my first time ever having WPE to go but it was definitely a lovely idea.
I am so excited for this upcoming trip, it is definitely going to be on the top of best trips. There is just so much going on and I'm already thinking of how I want to do this trip video or videos.​

See Ya Real Soon

It was an emotional ride back to AoA, don’t worry Alicia we will be back soon you can’t get rid of us that easily!

As we stopped at a light the best truck stopped right next to us

Andy is a Grumpy Grandpa!!! :rotfl:

Once we arrived back AoA we had some time to kill so we browsed the gift shop.
Throughout the trip Brittany was all about the flat perrys they have on sale. Unfortunately the flat perrys are actually whoopie cushions and she was not a fan of that.

I ended up picking up a mickey hand kitchen spoon holder thing because ours broke at home and Pa asked if I could pick another one up. (Although we still use the broken on) Brittany purchased a wine glass for a girl from schools 21st birthday. With merchandise in hands we went to get our carryons and wait for the magical express.

Our bus pulled up and we said our goodbyes to Alicia who had to catch the DCP bus back to her apartment.

We loaded onto the magical express and said goodbye to AoA

Our driver told us it we were going to watch the “bye bye movie” cue the tears :sad:

On our way back to the airport I made a new little friend who sat a couple rows in front of me. He would turn around and make a face at me and then turn around and hide…it was seriously so precious.

Once we arrived at the airport we got through security and to the gate in no time. This left us with a lot of time to wait. It was a perfect time to get some homework done but did that happen? No.

Instead we put all the videos we took onto my computer and watched them all.
By that time it was time to board, this flight we were all split up by it was more like we all sat behind on another so it was ok. We were flying jetblue and our tvs weren’t working correctly so we got free movies. So the way back home I watched Argo, which was very good.

The best thing about JetBlue is the Blue Chips! Seriously I love them. Brittany and Andy got 2 bags of Blue chips when the lady who served me only gave me one. What a rip off.

We had a safe flight back and Brittany was the only good child who did her homework.

Once we landed (and cried that we weren’t in Disney anymore) it was time for that fun time of waiting for our bags. We found Brittany’s mother waiting for her and my mother was no where to be found….probably because I call her when we land and we find her outside waiting in the car. So once we got our luggage we said our goodbyes and parted ways….until next time!

I would like to thank all of you lovely DISers who have followed along on this crazy adventure we liked to call YOLO Part Dos: A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination! I hope we were able to entertain you with our crazy selves.

Good News this is not the last YOLO trip….There are so many more to come!
Unfortunatley I will be taking a break from writing trip reports so Alicia and Brittany can write some (But I will be in charge of creating the videos). So for our upcoming trip I believe Alicia will be writing the trip report so make sure to keep an eye out for that in mid-late October! Only 18 days till we are back at our magical home!

Follow us along on our next magical adventure

Alicia: Twitter & Instagram @leasha_burns
Brittany: Twitter & Instagram @Brittany5643
Me: Twitter & Instagram @samma507

Once again thank you all….and until next time! :wave2:

sad to see this trip report end. thanks for writing it and letting those of us fortunate enough to find yolo part dos relive it with you. i don't know about your other readers but i had a good "vacation". from the planking to the comb episode you certainly kept us entertained. you're a pretty good computer traveling companion. i smiled a lot, i laughed a lot, i drooled a lot (the food), and i laughed some more. i sure am gonna miss those weekly updates. i hope you'll do another report from your upcoming trip. i enjoy your photos, your humor, your writing, and your escapades. you pack so much fun into your trips. and you have a great approach to life. again thanks for sharing your disney adventures with us. oh, and don't forget the school bread.

i've followed and read all the YOLO trip reports and your family report that your sister wrote. I don't comment much but i do read!! And i love your trip videos!! I follow you and your sister on instagram (anniepers) lol i don't know if that is weird or not but you two crack me up !!

Great trip report! You guys look like you had a ton of fun with each other. I can't wait to read the next one!

Loved reading along with your adventures!! It was a great trip report and I enjoyed all of it, definitely excited to read all about your next trips!! I'll definitely keep an eye out for them on here! And obviously I'm already following along on twitter/instagram!! :cool1:

So sad to see another YOLO report become one for the Disney history books. Really enjoy following along with your craziness and especially the varying ways of planking you guys have invented! :thumbsup2

I'm already following your sister on twitter and instagram, but I love following Disney people and seeing all the pictures so might as well follow the rest of the YOLOers lol I'm Goofy_DisNerd on both, just to give you a heads up.

Will be eagerly awaiting your next TR and forthcoming video! :mickeyjum

I hate leaving! I cry every time. Always have! When we want the first time when I was 3, my mom said she never saw a kid cry as hard as I did. I loved it there so much I wanted to live in the Castle forever.

I've been a bad diser n never kept up until now but I made it back at least the odd part all I can think of to say after all that is that the skywriting looks like they are about to announce that someone has a UTI LOL I dunno I'm a nutter what can I say ,can't wait for the next one!

I loved this TR, Sam! I look forward to more from you and also the ones from Alicia & Brittany!

So sad this is over but looking forward to the next one! And, of course, I'm extra excited that there will be a new video too!

Reading this update is extra sad because we're currently sitting in the airport waiting to go back home! :sad:

I enjoyed reading about your trip though so thank you for sharing! I can't wait to hear about the October trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter