• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You have always wondered and... NO IT NEVER GETS OLD LIVING 5 MINUTES FROM DISNEY!!! Mom/Daughter TR

Joining in and loving it!
Wow your upgrade was amazing, how lucky!
Congratulations Caitlin on your job at the boathouse!
Can't wait to read more :)

Just loving reading about all of your adventures! And I'm pretty jealous too!

What an awesome opportunity at the Boathouse - I hope to eat there in September!

Trader Sam's looks fantastic!! Did you go on a weekend? I definitely want to try to go on our next trip but it's looking like the only day that will work is a Saturday evening...:headache: I've heard waits are around two hours on weekends. It seems like it's worth it though!

Looking forward to more:)!

That Headhunter Roll looks AMAZING! As does Trader Sam's in general.

A HUGE congrats on your new position! We buy lots of merchandise in WDW, so perhaps we'll run into you :)

Loving the perspective of this TR!

I'm so happy I stumbled on this report!! I follow you on IG & FB but love reading your reports!!

Looks like lots more good Disney times!! Those drink glasses are awesome!! Did the drinks taste as good as they looked?

It's always a good time at Disney! The pearl tasted very good!

Fun report!! I'm jealous that you live so close to WDW!

Thank you! It is the life!

wow those drinks and food look great. Will have to go and check it out for sure.

You need to!

They really do make the DCP'ers work that late shift, don't they? But how nice to have Easter off.

Aww, that picture with the Bunnies. So cute.

So this parade was an add on to the Festival of Fantasy??? Very cool indeed. I recognize some of those floats from Boo To You.

They do!
Thank you!
It was it was just a short special beginning.

You're off???? :faint:

Oooohhh.... Do you put in for anything in particular?
Or can you list preferences?

Or is it just a blanket, cover everything, kind of thing?

I can put in for two lines of business and 5 areas for each line of business.

Fingers crossed!
Out of curiosity, why not full time?

At the time I was full time at the boathouse.

Well, sometimes working those late shifts has its perks. :rolleyes1

I was trying to come up with something here....
And I can't!

I agree. Going to HM is certainly a good reason to throw a parade.

What a coincidence. I like cute chicks too!

What is that?

That's odd.
Is there a stand up rail at the bar?

No not really there is an area off to the side but it's shorter than the rest of the bar.

Was the rice pink? Or is that just lighting or camera filter?

The rice is pink lol

Because... Dole whips!

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Caitlin, you really have no idea how many of us are green with envy at this statement!!! :laughing:

Sounds like you had a lovely Easter :goodvibes And I absolutely LOVE your dress!

Thank you! It was a great Easter!

Soooo envious of your upgrade! Looking forward to reading more of your TR

Thank you!

Love your upgrade! Lovin the haircut too!

Thank you!

Way to go!!!! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! party:

No way!!! That is so awesome!! You get to work not just at Disney... but in MK?!?!?!?!? :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I bet!!
So happy for you!!!!

Thank you!

That's amazing, Caitlin!!!!!!! I am SO extremely happy and excited for you!!! And you better believe I'll be on the lookout for you next month!!! :goodvibes

A huge CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Thank you!

First, Congrats on the full time gig! How exciting!!! And on Main Street, no less! Yay!

If I lived at Disney I promise I would still vacation there so I completely understand.

Upgrade from AOA to BC...yes, please!! Pixie dust at it's best right there!

I love all the Easter pictures. How truly amazing to get to spend the holidays at Disney World without having to panic at the crowd levels.

It's part time but it's an actual position at Disney!

It's such a special time at the parks! The holidays are the best!

Heh.
Just had a thought...

Disney exec: "Well, we've narrowed it down to two candidates. George and Caitlin. George has a master's in economics and 10 years experience in retail and sales."
Disney hiring board: "Oooohhhh... He sounds perfect! Let's hire him! Why are we even talking about this?"
Disney exec: "Caitlin comes with a massive DISboards fanbase that will keep the store filled with buyers."
Disney hiring board: "Caitlin it is!"

That is the exact convo they had lol!

That is sooo awesome!!! I hope you'll keep up with the TR and share the magic with us on what it's like to work at MK on main street!! So much fun!!

I am trying to!

Yay Caitlin! You can now be one of those people waving Mickey gloves to people when they excitedly dash to the Castle in the morning, right? Or do you have to work up to that?

It just depends on my work schedule!

Simply put,

cca.jpg

That is the mothership right there!!! :woohoo:

Thank you!

Congratulations, Caitlin! That sounds like a great location. :)

When do you start working on Main Street? We'll be in the MK on Friday.

Thank you! I still have yet to start I will explain in the update.

Congrats on your new job. Are you going to be working Main street and at the Boathouse?

Love that you got to go to the MK on Easter. All those family pictures are just adorable. Everything looks so springy and festive.

I really want to visit Trader Sams. Do you think its popularity will have died down a bit by August - probably not! :laughing:

I ended up quitting the Boathouse it was not a good work environment.
Thank you! It was a great day!
It is slowly dying down and getting easier to get in to.

Congrats on the new position! I was wondering the same thing as MEK...are you doing both MK and Boathouse? Busy Lady!

Thank you!
Quit the Boathouse.

That's fantastic! Congrats!

Thank you!

Joining in and loving it!
Wow your upgrade was amazing, how lucky!
Congratulations Caitlin on your job at the boathouse!
Can't wait to read more :)

Thank you!

Congratulations on the new Position and at the Magic Kingdom. So awesome.

Thank you!

Just loving reading about all of your adventures! And I'm pretty jealous too!

What an awesome opportunity at the Boathouse - I hope to eat there in September!

Trader Sam's looks fantastic!! Did you go on a weekend? I definitely want to try to go on our next trip but it's looking like the only day that will work is a Saturday evening...:headache: I've heard waits are around two hours on weekends. It seems like it's worth it though!

Looking forward to more:)!

Thank you for reading!
We went during the week. I have seen it up to 4 hours it really just depends.

That Headhunter Roll looks AMAZING! As does Trader Sam's in general.

A HUGE congrats on your new position! We buy lots of merchandise in WDW, so perhaps we'll run into you :)

Loving the perspective of this TR!

It was so good!
Thank you!

I'm so happy I stumbled on this report!! I follow you on IG & FB but love reading your reports!!

Thank you for following along!

Congratulations on your new position! Really enjoying your report.

Thank you!

Congratulations!!

Thank you!

Congratulations on the new job!!!!!!!!! pixiedust:

Thank you!

Hey everyone!
Sorry for getting so behind it has been a crazy few weeks!
1.) I got very sick! Luckily I had asked for a lot of time off work near the end of the semester to focus on school so I didn't have to call in but I was on the couch a lot!
2.) We went back to MI to visit family. Mom and I headed back to the mitten and we got to see just how used to the Florida life we have become! It was cold and gray and odd not being able to go to a park whenever we wanted to!
3.) Finished my College Program! I had to say goodbye to a lot of my friends so it was a very sad week!
4.) Last Monday was my first day at the Magic Kingdom. Well it was supposed to be. I go to work at 9:30 and was with two other new CMs and a trainer. We took a long time getting our costumes then had to jump on the bus for MK. You have to scan your id in order too be allowed on to the bus and my id wasn't working. One of the other girls' wasn't either so we had to step aside and call a number to get it figured out. We got it figured it out over the phone but our ids still weren't working. We stepped back to the desk to call again but the security guard said he would do it and took the girl's id then took mine. When he went to step back to the desk he ended up stepping on my toe. I was in flip flops because we weren't allowed to change in to our costumes until we got to the utilidors. Instantly blood began forming around the nail. They don’t have first aid kits at the bus stop so the paramedics had to be called so my toe could be wrapped up. I ended up waiting quite a while before they showed up and I was a crying bloody mess! After I got my toe wrapped up I had to go talk to my managers and got sent home for the rest of the day to let it heal. I was also given Tuesday off and was supposed to call in if it still hurt on Wednesday. Well it did and I ended up going to health services. They told me to continue to keep the toe clean and set me up with a podiatrist appointment. I went to the podiatrist on Saturday and he told me the toe is broken! The tip of the bone broke up when the guard stepped on me! Luckily it isn’t a piece that you need so it will just need to disintegrate over time. The podiatrist took me out of work for this week though and doesn’t want me walking on it.

So yes it has been a crazy few weeks over here! My mom will be doing the next update though and we will try to keep on track!

We went back to MI to visit family.

That is SO nice you got to do this. But, yeah I bet it was a bit of a culture shock even having lived there forever. I bet it made returning home extra nice.

I remember you posting about your toe when it happened. My goodness, certainly not the way you want to start your first day at Magic Kingdom. I sure do hope you get back on your feet soon. :hug:

I had seen on Facebook that your toe was broken. Hoping you are doing much better and will heal quickly. Hope you will be able to meet up with Danielle and Jason sometime this weekend.

Just wanted to let you know that I read what you two have written so far! I really do hope that your toe heals quickly. That's quite a story to tell about a "memorable" first day of work! Can't wait to hear your less "exciting" stories and more of your EXCITINGGGGGG stories!

Oh. my. gosh! That is crazy and so sorry to hear ... not exactly a magical start to the full time gig! At least it was a memorable first day ... I really do hope you feel better soon and at least you got it diagnosed properly. Feel better!!! :goodvibes:hug:

1.) I got very sick! Luckily I had asked for a lot of time off work near the end of the semester to focus on school so I didn't have to call in but I was on the couch a lot!

Hope you're all better now??

2.) We went back to MI to visit family. Mom and I headed back to the mitten and we got to see just how used to the Florida life we have become! It was cold and gray and odd not being able to go to a park whenever we wanted to!

:laughing: So you had to see how the rest of the world lives, huh?

3.) Finished my College Program! I had to say goodbye to a lot of my friends so it was a very sad week!

Finished is another word for success.

I just made that up. But it sounds good.

When he went to step back to the desk he ended up stepping on my toe. I was in flip flops because we weren't allowed to change in to our costumes until we got to the utilidors. Instantly blood began forming around the nail.

:eek: Oh, no!

I ended up waiting quite a while before they showed up and I was a crying bloody mess!

Awww... poor Caitlin! :hug:

They told me to continue to keep the toe clean and set me up with a podiatrist appointment. I went to the podiatrist on Saturday and he told me the toe is broken!

Holy smokes!

So yes it has been a crazy few weeks over here! My mom will be doing the next update though and we will try to keep on track!

Take care of yourself! Maybe wrap yourself up in bubble-wrap for a while (don't forget the air hole).

Oh my goodness you poor thing. Broken toes hurt! I am on the clumsy side and have managed to break most of my toes at one time or another. Since it's not a bone they can put a cast on they can be a little tricky to heal up. Hope all goes smoothly and that you are back on your feet soon!

Wow that's so crazy!! What a crappy thing to have happen on your first day!! I hope it doesn't hurt too much and is healing quickly!! At least Disney seems to be taking care of you well so that's something!! Take care of yourself!

So sorry you were sick and then stepped on! But so excited that you are working on Main Street!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter