Young and the Restless

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Kevin up to? I missed a little lately. Also, what percentage did Brock get at the will reading?

It was 1/10th of one percent I believe and head of the foundation.

I don't really get all the relationships but Katherine was his mother right? So why is his percentage and Jill's so vastly different?

Liz

It was 1/10th of one percent I believe and head of the foundation.

I don't really get all the relationships but Katherine was his mother right? So why is his percentage and Jill's so vastly different?

Liz

Because they don't want to keep him on the show. :lmao:

We have one more day, and I have to say, we are having a wonderful time but it is sooooo cold here! The first couple of days were nice and warm, but ever since Sunday, it has been very chilly and windy! Around 65 degrees during the day and then it drops to about 35 degrees at night! We are having a wonderful time, and tonight we dine at Nacrossees! But I have to admit, I'm missing home!!!

Well aren't you just the Sweetie....here you are on vacation with the fam in MICKEY'S WORLD :mickeyjum and you think of us over here in Y&R WORLD!!! :happytv:

Y&R has been sooooo good lately!!! So much happening!!! I just love this SOAP...and believe me I have watched them all from day time to night time :guilty: I loved John visiting everyone today. Traci has the prettiest hair!!! AND I love this Billy. He does such a good job as Billy. So many twists and turns ALWAYS on Y&R!!! :love: I want that EMERALD ring!!!!!! ::yes::

I just noticed we are on 250 pages!!! Does this mean our thread will be closed soon?? Is there a new one ready to go?!? :)

Total Posts: 3,744

Smileybug 433
beattyfamily 433
december 261
HonnyDipp 246
Cinderumbrella 161
momrek06 148
DisneyMomOK 143
"Got Disney" 136
cheerbop 125
Camster0307 119
flipflop 81
betsywdw 79
dvcfamily41801 68
Green Tea 60
BibbidiBobbidiBOO 58
my3kids 55
chell 54
shortbun 51
Tinks_gang 47
camreesmom 44
MrsKreamer 34
Traveliz 33
cherylp3 29
momsgoofy 28
ZachnElli 28
kjs1976 28
illini 27
Mkrop 27
Bbgrizzle 27
Alicnwondrln 26
TaraPA 26
Wonderlandmom 23
PrincessMom2002 21
mickey65 20
disneypearl 20
Tiggerrn2 19
AllyandJack 17
Toot Sweet 16
rcraw45425 16
damo 15
escape 13
CA Disney Fans 13
momof1princess 13
tinker girl 13
safetymom 12
simpilotswife 12
gm 12
C.Ann 12
EMom 11
EEYOREMAMA 11
FoggyToad 10
WDWVillain 10
Nicole786 9
DVCJones 9
megan4777 9
MinnieMO 8
KilimanjaroSafaris 8
Suzie Zoo 8
busymomma123 7
Squidrific 6
dangler 6
JaxJags08 6
Morganpics 6
FeeFeeWhite 6
MomofKatie 6
BARBARAAPPLE 5
makinorlando 5
Dedejf 5
DisneyArk 5
tnmomof4 5
ugadog99 5
sm4987 5
hereyago 5
wonderlandaddict 5
tinatark 4
Disney 4 Me 4
WDW~Lover 4
PaulaSue 4
HOGFAN 4
SUSIEQ 4
mylilnikita 3
ashjohnson80 3
spazzyjazzy 3
Momma Rabbit 3
cindi 3
apirateslife4evr 3
freakylick 3
Disneyglobegirl 3
DemonLlama 3
twinmom108 3
MsAmerica 3
Teacher03 3
belle&beast 3
Patsfan7 3
Flora 2
Chattyaholic 2
cats7494 2
Shmily1 2
CarolinaBlue 2
PamNC 2
pooh6890 2
Sleepy 2
2kidsnutsfordisney 2
CindyBella 2
m&m's mom 2
Octoberbeauty 2
Shelby5514 2
PhotoLisa 2
piratesmate 2
mtblujeans 2
SandraVB79 2
CanadianPaco 2
momlvsdsny 2
Miss Kelly 2
DisneyManiax 2
ajsmommy1129 2
TnTsParty 2
Nickimouse 2
ShiPooOwner 2
Nevergrow'nup 2
PratersloveDW 2
couldbeme 1
i<3Disney 1
E&BMom 1
MickeyCrazed 1
JBurke 1
grumpy28 1
wifeofjack 1
lindakmonty 1
JadenLayne 1
Alison Wonderland 1
BethA 1
MySassy 1
L&Lfan 1
kaylie&laurensmom 1
mishoe01 1
WendyZ 1
jenfur 1
ferris198 1
dislal 1
Mikelly1221 1
cougar4camping 1
Diana Lyn 1
CareBearYN 1
stauncie 1
MandM-Mom 1
Disneymaniacs 1
Pooh Crew 1
poohbearluvr 1
meb7 1
lvanleer 1
Jingle 1
Trish Bessette 1
r3ngels 1
doombuggy 1
JuneChickie 1
Tinkerbell2002 1
Mickey~Mouse 1
karajeboo 1
Katlyn 1
Mermaid02 1
neverenufdisney 1
Heinster 1
madaboutMickey 1
dsnymomof4 1
basketlady322003 1
KarenP 1
ilovejack02 1
DisneyFun08 1
DebbieTN 1
minnieandmickeymouse 1
Jenn Lynn 1
Pongo39 1
SunflowerTigger 1
Saturn23 1
princess momma 1
orscage 1
mcgrawfan 1
Crokette 1
Southernson 1
MickeysMommy 1

WHO WILL START THE NEW THREAD??? :confused: I noticed the OP of this thread only has 27 posts!!! Well I hope I find you all if you should mysteriously pull a VICTOR NEWMAN and disappear!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I missed a few years of watching, here and there. I did not know that Gina nd Danny were Rex Sterling's kids. Were they "surprise kids" (didn't find out until they were adults) or what, since the last name is different?

I missed a few years of watching, here and there. I did not know that Gina nd Danny were Rex Sterling's kids. Were they "surprise kids" (didn't find out until they were adults) or what, since the last name is different?

I think (didn't look this up) that Rex was a name Jill gave Rex. She found him and cleaned him up to scam Katherine. He was a drunk bum that abandoned his family years before.

Soapcentral didn't have Rex's bio, but did have one for Gina:

Gina's parents were "con artists" when she was growing up, and all did time for their crimes. Brother Danny, not wanting to be a part of it, ran away from home as a teenager and ended up in Genoa City working as a waiter at Jonas's Restaurant with Paul Williams. Gina, (with shortened last name Roma), came to Genoa City after getting out of prison, wanting Danny's help to "go straight." For a long time Danny didn't trust her, but got her a job singing at Jonas's. Danny began his career as a teenage rock star doing concerts in Genoa City. He was often joined by sister Gina, and friends Tracy Abbott, Lauren Fenmore, and Amy Lewis, who sang with him when he performed on stage. When Jonas decided to move on, Gina bought the restaurant and renamed it Gina's Italian Restaurant.

Lauren Fenmore's divorced father Neil, began to show an interest in Gina. They dated and fell in love. But Lauren's long lost mother Joanna Manning returned to GC, and Lauren wanted them back together. So she broke up Gina and Neil by exposing that Gina was an ex-con. Gina vowed to get even with Lauren.

In 1987, Danny and Gina's father turned up in Genoa City, a homeless drifter just out of prison. He was molded and renamed by Jill Foster Abbott as "Rex Sterling" to con Kay Chancellor. But Rex and Kay fell in love, and he became a "good guy" after all. (Danny, Gina and Rex ended up becoming very close until Rex's untimely death by gunshot years later, as he surprised Esther's boyfriend Norman burglarizing their safe.)

In 1989, Rex's former cellmate, Clint Radison, showed up in town. Clint discovered Gina was Rex's daughter and started wooing her, and got her to marry him. But Clint was working on a new scam. He found a woman named Marge who worked at a diner that was a dead ringer for Kay. Clint and his cohorts trained Marge to pass for Kay, then held captive Kay and her "ditsy" maid Esther. Meanwhile Marge posing as Kay drove Rex away, and he filed for divorce. Clint was now free to liquidate Kay's assets. But Brock made a surprise return from his missions in India. Brock, with the help of Mitchell Sherman, discovered the ruse, and rescued Kay and Esther. Clint was sentenced to prison, and Gina turned to Brock. They became very close, but Brock was off on another of his missions to save the world before long.

That same year, Danny was attacked by a mugger and received major kidney damage. He needed a transplant to survive. Gina, Paul, Phyllis and Christine were all ruled out as possible donors, and things were looking bleak. In a last ditch effort to prove to Christine that he was a changed man and worthy of being reinstated as a lawyer after his prison term had been served, Michael Baldwin came to the rescue and donated the needed kidney. After Danny's recovery, Chris made her decision between Danny and Paul, and chose Paul. Danny took Daniel, and went "on the road." Only Gina kept in contact with him, receiving photos of Daniel now and then which she refused to share with Phyllis, whom she still considers the devil!

Gina continued to own and run Gina's for many years, Genoa City's gathering spot, renowned for it's excellent Italian food, entertainment and dance floor. She was always there to greet and seat the guests, sing a song now and then, listen to customer's woes or pass on a message, give a newcomer a room upstairs, give a new singer a break, and conveniently overhear conversations which kept her in the know of all of Genoa City's residents. She is a good friend to most of them, especially Katherine Chancellor, which whom she holds opens her restaurant each Thanksgiving with free food for the homeless. Singers to grace the Gina's stage have included Danny, Lauren Femore, Callie Rogers, Ryan McNeil, and John Abbott. John joins Gina in song now and then, and is frequently seen at the Abbot mansion for family get-togethers and on John's arm at Genoa City events.

While attending the 2003 Arts Council Gala with John, Gina received a call that her restaurant was on fire. They rushed to the scene and witnessed the place fully engulfed in flames by arson. John took the distraught Gina home to the Abbot mansion before it was even extinguished and she is living there still. Gina lost not only her restaurant, she lost her home which was upstairs and everything she had, but her whole life - which indeed the restaurant was. Gina's had a long history on Y&R. Originally named Pierre's, it was owned by Pierre Roulland who entertained his customers by singing. After Pierre's murder during a robbery of the restaurant, it was sold by his widow Sally to Leslie Brooks, and became the elegant Allegro. A retired concert pianist, Leslie entertained playing a baby grand. After Leslie moved on, it was sold to Jonas (who never used his last name) and became more of a dark bistro.

Gina's brother Danny returned to Genoa City lend moral support to help Gina get her life back together. The Athletic Club offered Gina the manager position of their elegant restaurant, and she accepted. She has apparently decided against spending the insurance money to rebuild Gina's Restaurant. She recently lost her occasional boyfriend John Abbott to the wily gold digger Gloria Fisher. Brother Danny has gone back on tour, leaving Daniel Jr. with his mother Phyllis.

****I don't remember Michael giving Danny a kidney!

Total Posts: 3,744

Smileybug 433
beattyfamily 433
december 261
HonnyDipp 246
Cinderumbrella 161
momrek06 148
DisneyMomOK 143
"Got Disney" 136
cheerbop 125
Camster0307 119
flipflop 81
betsywdw 79
dvcfamily41801 68
Green Tea 60
BibbidiBobbidiBOO 58
my3kids 55
chell 54
shortbun 51
Tinks_gang 47
camreesmom 44
MrsKreamer 34
Traveliz 33
cherylp3 29
momsgoofy 28
ZachnElli 28
kjs1976 28
illini 27
Mkrop 27
Bbgrizzle 27
Alicnwondrln 26
TaraPA 26
Wonderlandmom 23
PrincessMom2002 21
mickey65 20
disneypearl 20
Tiggerrn2 19
AllyandJack 17
Toot Sweet 16
rcraw45425 16
damo 15
escape 13
CA Disney Fans 13
momof1princess 13
tinker girl 13
safetymom 12
simpilotswife 12
gm 12
C.Ann 12
EMom 11
EEYOREMAMA 11
FoggyToad 10
WDWVillain 10
Nicole786 9
DVCJones 9
megan4777 9
MinnieMO 8
KilimanjaroSafaris 8
Suzie Zoo 8
busymomma123 7
Squidrific 6
dangler 6
JaxJags08 6
Morganpics 6
FeeFeeWhite 6
MomofKatie 6
BARBARAAPPLE 5
makinorlando 5
Dedejf 5
DisneyArk 5
tnmomof4 5
ugadog99 5
sm4987 5
hereyago 5
wonderlandaddict 5
tinatark 4
Disney 4 Me 4
WDW~Lover 4
PaulaSue 4
HOGFAN 4
SUSIEQ 4
mylilnikita 3
ashjohnson80 3
spazzyjazzy 3
Momma Rabbit 3
cindi 3
apirateslife4evr 3
freakylick 3
Disneyglobegirl 3
DemonLlama 3
twinmom108 3
MsAmerica 3
Teacher03 3
belle&beast 3
Patsfan7 3
Flora 2
Chattyaholic 2
cats7494 2
Shmily1 2
CarolinaBlue 2
PamNC 2
pooh6890 2
Sleepy 2
2kidsnutsfordisney 2
CindyBella 2
m&m's mom 2
Octoberbeauty 2
Shelby5514 2
PhotoLisa 2
piratesmate 2
mtblujeans 2
SandraVB79 2
CanadianPaco 2
momlvsdsny 2
Miss Kelly 2
DisneyManiax 2
ajsmommy1129 2
TnTsParty 2
Nickimouse 2
ShiPooOwner 2
Nevergrow'nup 2
PratersloveDW 2
couldbeme 1
i<3Disney 1
E&BMom 1
MickeyCrazed 1
JBurke 1
grumpy28 1
wifeofjack 1
lindakmonty 1
JadenLayne 1
Alison Wonderland 1
BethA 1
MySassy 1
L&Lfan 1
kaylie&laurensmom 1
mishoe01 1
WendyZ 1
jenfur 1
ferris198 1
dislal 1
Mikelly1221 1
cougar4camping 1
Diana Lyn 1
CareBearYN 1
stauncie 1
MandM-Mom 1
Disneymaniacs 1
Pooh Crew 1
poohbearluvr 1
meb7 1
lvanleer 1
Jingle 1
Trish Bessette 1
r3ngels 1
doombuggy 1
JuneChickie 1
Tinkerbell2002 1
Mickey~Mouse 1
karajeboo 1
Katlyn 1
Mermaid02 1
neverenufdisney 1
Heinster 1
madaboutMickey 1
dsnymomof4 1
basketlady322003 1
KarenP 1
ilovejack02 1
DisneyFun08 1
DebbieTN 1
minnieandmickeymouse 1
Jenn Lynn 1
Pongo39 1
SunflowerTigger 1
Saturn23 1
princess momma 1
orscage 1
mcgrawfan 1
Crokette 1
Southernson 1
MickeysMommy 1

WHO WILL START THE NEW THREAD??? :confused: I noticed the OP of this thread only has 27 posts!!! Well I hope I find you all if you should mysteriously pull a VICTOR NEWMAN and disappear!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I can start it (at least I would know people would respond to one of my threads! ;) ) I just do not know how to copy the link to that thread so others can find it!!!

Thanks for the history on Gina and Danny. I didn't watch during that time, so I really appreciate the info!

You are welcome. Soapcentral.com has tons of background on all the characters. I remember Michael attacking Cricket (can't think of her as Christine:rotfl: ) and him drawing pictures before he got out of jail, and then them dating, but I don't remember the other stuff.

Thanks for the history on Gina and Danny. I didn't watch during that time, so I really appreciate the info!

I was in major love with Danny in jr. high & high school! :lovestruc We're talking posters, scrapbook, fan pictures, the whole 9 yards. My Danny poster went with me to college, along with my Patrick Swayze/Dirty Dancing poster. (Yes, I'm an 80's child! :lmao: )

When I was in college, he performed at Disney at I think some hard ticket event that has since been discontinued. I got there early to get a good seat!

Sharon finds out Jack lied about who came to visit the day of the funeral. She is pissed, she later finds out from Phyllis that Nick is at RS and goes to see him Paul asks Nikki to move in with him, she takes him up on his offer Victor, Ashley and Michael go over the journal. Victor's convinced Adam had help Adam asks Heather to marry him and move out of Genoa City but she refuses to leave her job Ashley tells Victor that her and Abby are moving back to Genoa City. Nikki walks in on their hug Sharon visits Nick, he brings up the kiss and regretting what happened. He thanks Sharon for not letting things go further and admits he couldn't hurt Phyllis the way he hurt her. Sharon's about to leave but decides to tell Nick about Jack introducing Adam to the publisher. Phyllis tells Jack his lies are letting Sharon slip away from him and move closer to Nick. Phyllis shows Jack the proof she has that he's been lying to Sharon and tries to warn him that Sharon will find out. Jack refuses to listen to Phyllis. Sharon tries to talk to Jack but he blows her off saying he has to meet with the FBI. Sharon gets suspicious as to what he's been doing since she left, Jack tells her another lie. Sharon is getting sick of it, Jack changes the subject saying he got Jabot back leading Sharon to become even more suspicious. He leaves, while Sharon continues to question her marriage - she comes close to breaking her wedding photo

Next - Ashley talks to Olivia about Victor; Brad is suspicious as to why Phyllis is asking for his help; Nikki and Paul grow closer

Brad and Phyliss team up to break up Sharon and Jack!
Nick finds out what Phyliss has been keeping from him!
Kay will return earlier than expected!

Brad and Phyliss team up to break up Sharon and Jack!
Nick finds out what Phyliss has been keeping from him!
Kay will return earlier than expected!

Honny...thanks but the link is not working...:confused:

Does anyone know what Phyllis is up to after speaking to that Mexican Inspector and finding all this info on Jack being in Mexico.....why hasn't she told Nick.....:confused3

Honny...thanks but the link is not working...:confused:

Does anyone know what Phyllis is up to after speaking to that Mexican Inspector and finding all this info on Jack being in Mexico.....why hasn't she told Nick.....:confused3

Isn't she holding onto this to show Sharon that Jack is lying; part of her plot to get Sharon w/ Brad and away from Nick? I think this will backfire, but that is JMHO!

You are welcome. Soapcentral.com has tons of background on all the characters. I remember Michael attacking Cricket (can't think of her as Christine:rotfl: ) and him drawing pictures before he got out of jail, and then them dating, but I don't remember the other stuff.

Didn't Michael climb through Cricket's AC ducts or dig through her walls or something bizarre like that to stalk her?

THANK YOU for all those updates on Danny & Gina! I had forgotten most of it.

I know it's been mentioned before - but I'm really liking this new Billy! He's a hoot! I cracked up at his comment to Jill when they found out Esther was inheriting 50% of the estate - "Looks like you're going to need to find a new maid!"

And he's easy on the eyes!;)

Didn't Michael climb through Cricket's AC ducts or dig through her walls or something bizarre like that to stalk her?

THANK YOU for all those updates on Danny & Gina! I had forgotten most of it.

I'm thinking he made a secret passageway or something similar to her apartment. Is it funny how bad he was and now he is supposed to be so good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter