Your Favorite Fall Thing

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
Mickeys-Fall-Harvest.jpg

The weather is getting cooler and the leaves are quickly turning shades of red and gold. Fall is approaching! I love the autumn season. I already decked out my house in apples for Back to School, and I have my Yankee Candle scents flowing - apple cider, pumpkin butter cream, cinnamon stick. Yummo! I just love fall! What's your favorite part of this season? What makes it really feel like fall in your house?

Two things for me:

1. I absolutely love going to the cider mills here in Michigan. Getting fresh cider and donuts is the best!

2. FOOTBALL:banana::yay::dance3:

The very very best thing about fall is......................when there are no more mosquitos!! :lmao: Honestly they are terrible this year there are days you can't get anything done outside at all. Even when you put the dogs out to do their business they come back in coated.:mad: It's gotten to the point that we're thinking about applying bug spray before they go out. Wouldn't want them to eat or lick any of it off though. They've been going out for like 5 minutes at a time. And forget about going for a walk.

I started thinking about this question and I like fall a lot more than I thought!! :lmao:

For me it's:
Football--college more than anything:cheer2:

Wearing big oversized sweaters and siting outside by the fire:cloud9:

Means Christmas is just around the corner!!!:santa:

And of course..Thanksgiving and all it's yummy food!!!

Baking/cooking apples..apples/pumpkin/sweet potato pies..... Ciders

And on and on!!!! I'm ready for it cause my allergies and my poor skin has had enough bites and allergic reactions to summertime!! Lol I say:

"Dear Autumn,

After the horrific and terrible heat of summer most of us and I have had..I not only welcome you..but I'm throwing you a 'Welcome Home' party as well!! Smells of nutmeg..cinnamon..stews..cookies..roasts...will be in the air!!! So..please..I and my friends..welcome you with open arms!!!"

I love the cooler weather. When the trees start to change, sooo pretty.:flower3:

I also love to make Potato soup, yum ho.:cutie:

Then I start to think about pumpkin pie and baking the pumkin and making the whole house smell soo good.:woohoo:

Fall is my most favorite time of the year!!! I love the weather, the warm days and cool nights. Football!!! The trees changing colors!!! I wish I could live somewhere where it was fall all year long.

Fall is my favorite season as well.

I can't wait to start wearing my hoodies :lovestruc again...I got two new ones this summer (cape cod and Dartmouth).
I love going out with my daughter and taking pictures of fall leaves, pumpkins, apples and anything else fall. Baking apple pies, cranberry bread and simmering orange peels, cinnamon sticks and cloves to fill the house with wonderful smells! :lovestruc

OH and carving pumpkins and waiting for little ghosts and goblins, princesses and pirates to visit my door for fun size chocolate goodies. :lovestruc

Apple picking. The orchards up here are beautiful and nothing is better than warm apple crisp with ice cream.

ohhh where do I start with this..... This year I am so happy for a season change. I love when the humidity changes. The stores carry their fall merchandise. Just saw Caramel Apple shakes at Steak N Shake. Fall veggies at the grocery store. :cheer2:

I also LOVE fall. :love:

I love the leaves, going to the apple orchard, picking my pumpkins, having bonfires and watching football. ( Thank you for resolving the strike.)

I usually grow pie pumpkins in my garden-they are all still green except for one perfectly orange one that is now sitting on my table.

I still have to get out my candles.

Just a comment about mosquitos-I have not seen one this summer. Yes, here in Wisconsin, where the state insect is the mosquito. I cannot remember a summer without a mosquito bite or 50. ( now that I said that, I'm sure that they will appear in droves )

There are a lot of great things that come with Fall.

1. My Birthday
2. NASCAR chase for the Cup
3. cheering on my favorites in NASCAR that in the running for the Cup
4. The fall NASCAR race at 'Dega (on tv/web)
5. Usually go on a trip...nothing yet planned or expected this year
6. Return of favorite tv shows like Amazing Race and NCIS
7. Jessie, our dog, was adopted by us nine years ago in September.
8. Met dh in the Fall 17 years ago.

Okay...these are not rank in order.

I heartily endorse the cooler weather, like we're getting here in Texas. Why, today, it hasn't gotten over 103. Mrs. Tex and I are digging out the thermal long underwear if it gets any colder. :rotfl2:

We're also looking forward to the leaves changing color... oh, wait a minute... they're already brown (which passes for Fall color in these parts, by the way) so maybe next year?

Hmm... In Austin, the best part of Fall is probably the knowledge that Summer doesn't last forever, even if the weather doesn't corroborate that.

1. Running in the cool air
2. Pretty colorful mums on the front steps
3. PUMPKINS!
4. Apples
5. Hayrides
6. The smell of fireplaces
7. Sitting by our wood stove on a crisp night

YAAAAY! I can't wait! :lovestruc

Fall is my favourite time of year. I love going to the local fall fairs and going to the apple farms. Hay rides and pumpkin farms I love Halloween and getting ready for that. I also love not needed air-conditioning and wearing a nice warm hoodie, like my new Disneyland hoodie. :)

Wow, it feels like fall where you are, already?? It is 85 degrees here!

When fall hits, we go for split pea soup with cornbread and apple crisp. Not at all food oriented in my family :rotfl2:

Well I'm not ready for fall! August isn't even over yet! I fight for every bit of summer I can get. :rotfl: I do not look forward to the cold weather- I can't ever get warm and my feet go numb once it gets below 60. I would never last if I lived somewhere that snowed.

What I do like once fall and winter come anyway:

1) Carmel Apple Cider at Starbucks. It is truely like drinking candy!:lovestruc

2) Cooking pumpkin seeds.

3) Getting to wear my cute boots. ;)

4) Turkey dinner and homemade minestrone and chicken soup.

5) Teaching my preschool class Fall Science- changing leaves, opening a pumpkin, ect.

See? I can find the good in fall even if I am really cold! :rotfl:

I used to love Fall, but anymore it just means Winter isn't far away. I hang to summer as long as possible now too. I do like going apple picking though, I love fresh off the tree apples. And soup. I don't eat much soup in the summer, but my mom makes a cheese tortellini and sausage soup that is awesome.

September means I start the house decorating rotation again. I seem to decorate only from Sept-Dec.

I love the changing leaves, the smell of fireplaces burning, watching college & NFL football snacking on homemade bruschetta & warm garlic bread, making apple crisp, walking in the cooler weather, keeping the windows in the house open. I love that my birthday is right next to Halloween (which may be my favorite holiday!).

I also love that it is not snowing yet!

Most of all- I love the Food & Wine Festival!! Only 31 more days until we head to our Happy Place! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter