Your Favorite Fall Thing

Fall has slowly become my favorite season. The changing of the leaves, the cooler weather, the best races, Halloween, all the harvest festivals/activities, and so much more. One of the things I missed most while living in FL is a proper autumn.

I think my favorite thing to do in the fall is go to local wineries with friends.

Football
Thanksgiving
Food and wine this year :)
and Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks....

I love fall. Friday ight lights, Saturdays in Athens, Sundays watching the NFL, and until the end of October, you get to add the boys of summer finishing the fall classic.

1. Football
  2. Warm days, cool nights
  3. Being able to wear everything in my closet
  4. No more re-runs on TV
  5. Octoberfest!

Wow, what a great topic. Fall is my favorite time of the year and my favorite things are as follows (in no particular order :thumbsup2)

1. College Football and my UGA Bulldogs
2. High School Football - Love the Friday Night Lights
3. Pumpkin Spice Coffee - Enough Said
4. Local Fairs and Fair Food
5. Changing Leaves and Cooler Temps

I could go on but seeing as how it is going to be in the mid 90's hear today I won't. Come on Fall!

I love everything about fall! I feel like a new person - renewed! The nights are finally cooler, and the mornings are crisp! I can definitely feel it around the corner! I wish I could put out my Halloween decorations now, but my neighbors would think I'm nuts! It's hard to choose my favorite one thing about fall - I have so many! I guess I would say the leaves - watching them change into their beautiful colors, hearing them crunch when I walk on them, the sound of them blowing across the ground when there is a breeze. I could sit outside in my sweatshirt all day enjoying the colors and sounds of fall!

I love the Fall as well...... for me it means the A/C is off....the nights get cooler...

I make homemade soups (Outer Banks Clam Chower for one)...pumpkin pies, Turkey and all the fixins, Casseroles, Pumpkin Spice drinks from Starbucks and 7-11

There's much more but I can't think of them at moment.

Best things about Fall.....

1) Football, football and football
--We live right down the street from the local high school. On Friday nights we'll have a bonfire and listen to the games from the stadium announcer, it's that clear.
--Michigan and Michigan State football, nothing like going to Ann Arbor or E. Lansing for a game.

2) West Michigan has great apple orchards. Picking apples, getting apple donuts, fantastic.

3) My wife's birthday is the end of October and we go up to the Old Mission or the Leelanau Peninsula and do the wine tours during the fall harvest. If you are into wines and wine touring Upper Michigan is a well kept secret.

4) IT'S HOCKEY SEASON BABY!!!!

Fall is my favorite time of year! That is why I got married in October.

What I love:

1. Apple picking (I miss the apple picking and cider mills in Michigan)
2. Halloween and decorating for Halloween
3. Fall baking and making soups (I have already started)
4. The leaves

Fall is also my favorite season.

I love the colors of fall, the cool, crisp evening temps, sitting outside by the fireplace enjoying a glass of cabernet, the Food and Wine Fest (be there in 29 days), homemade soups, and going to local chili cook-offs to taste all the different recipe's.

Falll has always been my favorite season and after the horridly hot muggy summer we've had this year, I'm looking forward to it more than ever.

I LOVE Fall! but I have moved to Florida so I am curious what it will be like here! We have been here since June. I think it will be the only season I will miss! i do love Halloween, my yankee candles and the leaves changing!

Haunted Hay rides, pumpkin spice coffee, football sundays, and carmel apple's. : )

I love the fall colors--leaves changing colors and pumpkins and chrysanthemums by the front door
Cool nights/brisk clear days
The myriad of Fall Festivals
The fall meet @ Keeneland

I could go on....and on.......and on!:goodvibes

Fall is not all *that* fun down here in Florida, (matter of opinion, I suppose) but compared to where I grew up, (in and around the Boston area), it kind of pales by comparison.

Still... There ARE some things to look forward to :

1) THE HEAT is almost over and by late Oct. it's safe to venture back into the parks, (even the AK :laughing: ) until early May of next year.

2) The holidays are coming. I'm a big fan of all of them. (Except it's kind of sad that Halloween isn't what it used to be - at least in terms of Trick or Treating.) "Up north" we'd have literally hundreds of kids at our door, and every street in our neighborhood would dress up with jack o'lanterns and graveyards and sheets hanging from the trees illuminated by black light spotlights and all that good stuff. Sadly, that doesn't happen in Sarasota. Most folks just turn their porch lights off. We used to get maybe 35 kids or so, but over the years that number has dwindled down to ZERO. Makes me very sad. :sad1:

But, back to the good stuff....

3) There is *nothing* like that first cold front that blows through your FL neighborhood ! You can open the windows, the cats can push out the screens, ( ;) ) and it's just a feeling of being able to breathe again.

and

4) I guess it's that it just marks the beginning of my favorite time of year - Oct -April or so, (and judging by the fact that out population doubles down here during that time, I know I'm not alone.

And I suppose, on a final note, it brings on the Christmas season. That time of year that changes as you pass through the different stages of your life.

When you're a kid, it means toys and cookies, and for some of us the wonder of Santa Claus. As you grow older, that magic is replaced by other things - new friends discovered, first loves to share the holiday with, and a feeling that soon you'll be old enough to begin your own holiday traditions.

Lastly, as you get older still, the yuletide brings to mind relatives and loved ones that are no longer with us. Gazing at that tree in your living room doesn't just represent so much what is to come, (presents on Christmas morning ! Mom's turkey and stuffing !) but also things that have come to pass. The sound of your Grandmother playing the piano, the memory of all your relatives trying to get to sleep on couches and cots scattered though the house, the overwhelming vision of just how dirty your kitchen looks after Christmas dinner is over and thinking to yourself, "I'm never doing this again..." when you know full well you'll be right back at it next year.

Yes, if think if anything what I love the most about fall and winter and the holidays in general is the mark in the passage of time that they represent.

For better or worse.

"The autumn leaves have got you thinking...." - "Wasted Time", The Eagles

Fall is my favorite too. Pumpkin farms, corn mazes, the leaves changing colors, the decorations, wearing sweatshirts and jeans, and I love the smell of fall. The air just smells different.
Of course it's never long enough.

I love the Stone Mountain Yellow Daisy Festival.

After seeing all the wonderful arts and crafts, I then head over to the actual mountain to try and see the Yellow Daisies. I don't always see them but it's fun to look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter