Your "Oh, I wish I would've brought..."

mousehunter3

Mouseketeer
Putting together my packing list and getting ready for the big departure to the happiest place on earth!

I'm trying to think of all the "just in case" odds and ends that may be needed (nail clippers, tylenol, rain ponchos, etc)- one never knows what to expect when traveling with kids. It always seems there is that one thing you wish you would've thought to bring and didn't!

What's yours??

Benadryl (or the generic equivalent) - just in case someone has an unexpected reaction to a food, or sunscreen or whatever -

I was sitting in Sunshine Season's once and overheard a conversation between a father and a teenage son - apparently the son was allergic to shellfish and someone in the party had some - son was having not a bad reaction but a reaction - I had benadryl and offered it and saved them from having to go back to the room.....

I always wish I bring more pack of wipes....

Oh I so agree with this! Plus an extra poncho to sit on or cover the stroller with. Ziplock baggies are amazing and priceless. Aspirin is expensive at the parks.

It's not a "wish I would've brought" but rather a "glad I remembered to bring" thing...binder clips to hold the curtains together. It always seems like there's a sliver of light that comes through no matter how hard you try to arrange the curtains so they're light-tight. Large binder clips hold the curtains together!

Thermometer if you have little kids. DS got pretty sick down there, and I had to go buy a thermometer in the gift shop.

I have a tiny pair of scissors in my toiletry bag that I've had to use more than once. I also keep a pair of kid scissors in my car that I use all the time for things (I also keep a roll of tape - very handy!).

More shoes!!! They take up so much space so I usually wear one pair on the plane and pack a second. When my feet get tired I switch shoes the next day and by day three I'm wishing I had a third pair. I don't want to tell you how I feel on day 6!

I always use this Ultimate Packing List when we go to WDW. I print this out a couple of weeks ahead of time and write things on it if I think of something that isn't already there. Two things that I always add, right off the bat, is a power strip to plug all the chargers into one spot in the room and a simple fold-up laundry hamper. Both have been absolutely amazing additions to our travel routine.

www.mousesavers.com/wp-content/uploads/UltimatePackingList.doc‎

As a couple of PPs said, take more wipes! However many you think you need, add one more pack.

Things that I always pack now:

- Clothespins (hanging up bathing suits or holding curtains closed)
- Masking tape (taping the curtains to the wall to keep the light from coming in the sides, taping over outlets, etc.)
- Ziploc bags (gallon: wet clothes, spare clothes, I corral all our snacks in one on park days; quart/sandwich size: leftovers from lunch or bakeries)
- Extra sunscreen. I hate paying full price for it, so I bring an extra can or tube every time.
- A little fabric storage bin from Dollar Tree. I put it on the dresser or counter and that's where wallets, room keys, tickets, wedding rings go at the end of the day. Used to leave them all over the room, not anymore!
- Glow bracelets, the ones that are 15/$1 at Michael's or Dollar Tree. My son never whines for glow toys if I have these, and I usually keep a spare can to share with another family or two.

a small screwdriver

I wish I brought one on our last trip to change the batteries in our stroller fan.

superglue. DD's prescription sunglasses broke, and we were headed on a cruise after the parks. They don't sell superglue anywhere on property. After a couple of days of asking everywhere we could think, some magically showed up in our room along with a lot of Mickey stickers. :cheer2:

Call me crazy but I always got to target and get the small pack of lysol wipes.. I wipe handles in the room. I keep them in my backpack as well. You never know when you will need them. I always keep benadryl, and tylenol in my bag too. My husband tells me I look like a pharmacy ( i can't help it .I am a nurse and that's what we do). LOL.. I keep a roll of quarters too.

Gum, lifesavers, fruit snacks,granola bars...these have all come in handy for me...gum, as Disney doesn't sell it...granola bars for a quick pick me up, fruit snacks to keep kids busy while in line and lifesavers when you get that tickle in one of the shows... I carry large paper clips to keep curtains together, a night light as at times it's mighty dark for a trip to bathroom in the middle of the night, glow sticks for kids to use once in bed at night...good luck and happy packing:)

We always bring the hamper for dirtys, the container for wallets on countertops...the power strip is a great add to the packing list as well!

We always bring a small Tupperware disposable container for kids snacks...and of course ziplock bags.

If we are traveling when it's sticky hot season- we also bring some washcloths from home that we wet and freeze in ziplock bags and them bring to the park for a midday refreshing wipe down...sometimes we share a cold one at 11am and another at 2 or 3pm. Really is nice to not be sticky!

Great tips!! I am packing for our first Disney visit...leaving in 14 days! Yikes!! Lots to gather!

On our first Disney trip we wished we would have remembered to bring night lights because our kids can't fall asleep without them. On our second trip we wished we would have remembered to bring an extra memory card for the camera.

Call me crazy but I always got to target and get the small pack of lysol wipes.. I wipe handles in the room. I keep them in my backpack as well. You never know when you will need them. I always keep benadryl, and tylenol in my bag too. My husband tells me I look like a pharmacy ( i can't help it .I am a nurse and that's what we do). LOL.. I keep a roll of quarters too.

At all times I have the travel Clorox wipes! One in my purse, one in the diaper bag, and I always wipe door knobs , light switches & the toilet when we check into room , lol

At all times I have the travel Clorox wipes! One in my purse, one in the diaper bag, and I always wipe door knobs , light switches & the toilet when we check into room , lol

Yep me too, always wipe down the room, don't forget the remote.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter