• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your "Oh, I wish I would've brought..."

Dish soap to wash the refillable mug. (Didn't have it first trip and every beverage tasted like coffee)
I bring ziplock bags because I have a toddler in diapers and I may need a place to store soiled clothes. Last trip I used the zip locks to hold crayons when the box got torn.

I always get those pads that have the soap in them - I cut them into 4 pieces or so and put them in my travel bag - each piece usually lasts two days or so for mug and snack Tupperware washes...

I also always bring a small scissor and tape / I can't think of a trip that I didn't need it for something!

Oh, one other very handy thing I'm carrying over from backpacking is my Nalgene Wide-Mouth Canteen. (Amazon link for the interested) They come in a couple of different sizes depending on your needs. I have the 48oz versions and love them.

They are a big, collapsible water bottle with a wide, ice-friendly mouth. We're going to use them in WDW as ice bags. We'll fill them up from the hotel ice machine in the morning and it will keep our cooler bags cold all day. Also a bonus is that because they are made for drinking water, we can easily snitch the ice out of it during the day to put in our water bottles if we want to. What's also really great about them is that they don't leak like Ziploc's.

This is what they look like:

shopping

CynJ said:
Oh, one other very handy thing I'm carrying over from backpacking is my Nalgene Wide-Mouth Canteen. (Amazon link for the interested) They come in a couple of different sizes depending on your needs. I have the 48oz versions and love them.

They are a big, collapsible water bottle with a wide, ice-friendly mouth. We're going to use them in WDW as ice bags. We'll fill them up from the hotel ice machine in the morning and it will keep our cooler bags cold all day. Also a bonus is that because they are made for drinking water, we can easily snitch the ice out of it during the day to put in our water bottles if we want to. What's also really great about them is that they don't leak like Ziploc's.

This is what they look like:

I love me some Nalgene, LOL. I have probanly 9 or 10 in every color/design. If a new design or color combo comes out....I have to buy it :-) They are indestructible on the trail and are also great everyday carry bottles.

I just decided to place an order with Garden Grocer for water, milk, and beer. $7.99 for a 35 pack of water, but still a LOT cheaper than the parks and we all drink a lot of water. Yay! :)

I get one of those little scrubbing brushes that you fill with dish soap--they sometimes sell them in the $ Spot at Target. I fill it, and throw it into a ziploc--plenty of soap to clean a few things all week. I couldn't find the soap-saturated dishcloths around here.

When we stay offsite, I bring a small container with sections--look in the bead section at Wal-Mart. I put a little of my favorite spices in a ziploc, then put them into the little compartments. They sell something similar in sporting goods stores if you don't want to make the effort, but I like having our favorite steak rub, lemon-pepper, etc.

I never leave home without a tiny sewing kit. You could even make your own in an Altoids tin or something similar. Just a few needles, thread, a couple of safety pins, timy scissors (or use manicure ones).

I bought the Jackery Giant off Amazon.com. The price was reasonable. Around $40 I think. It is not that big and not as heavy as I expected. I picked this one because we could charge 2 phones at a time. We charged our iPhones twice yesterday and still had 2/3 charge left. It is working out great for our needs!!!

here's a tip. buy a solar portable charger. continues to get juice in the Florida sun so it never runs out! it's the greatest thing. We got ours as a promotional gift from a golf outing - so I don't know where you get them but I'm sure amazon.

Best tips I learned on here:
Over the door shoe holder to put everyone' s toiletries - keeps everything off the counters

Purex laundry sheets - go in both washer then dryer, no liquid to transport or buy

plastic tablecloth with binder clips to keep in bottom of stroller to use as cover sudden rainstorms

list of credit card account # and phone # in case lose them
same thing for ADR's

paper bowls/spoons/cereals for breakfast (buy milk in gift shop)

backpack/extra bag for going to pool?

I pack these mickey duffel bags in our luggage - kids use them to carry their souvenirs home as carryons

sweaters/sweatshirts for in the restaurants at night

sunglasses!

DVD player

extra pair of sneakers/walking shoes - our got soaked in rain, yucky to have t wear!

buy the Disney ponchos they are great!

change of clothes to put in locker for after splash mountain/before dinner

Lovies for toddlers

I wish I had a power strip for all our chargers in one place. I didn't think if really need it but def wish I had it! So glad I brought the ziplock bags you all recommended!! Came in handy several times when DD4 fell asleep at meals or was just eating slow...I could throw her food in a ziplock bag and have for when she woke up or eat it on the go! Also came in handy when my nephew wet his pants and my sis had nothing to put wet clothes in as that is very unusual for him! :)

I like to raid the Dollar Spot at Target (or a dollar store) and stock up on small coloring/sticker books. I put a few crayons and one of the small books in a cleaned out spice jar (a bigger one, like a Tastefully Simple shaker jar) and toss it in the diaper bag... its a quick fix of you need something to entertain the kids waiting for food/in line, and the plastic of the spice jar keeps the crayons from breaking or melting all over your diaper bag.

I also pack one with kid sized nail clippers, qtips, bandaids and a few Dum Dums as our "first aid," since sometimes a lollipop will cure anything lol!

Clothes hangers. I try to bring a couple so I can hang up swimsuits and such in the shower.

Baby wipes are so useful. I brought them even when we didn't have a baby!

Benadryl. Always bring Benadryl. And Tylenol.

Benadryl, Tylenol, baby wipes, Imodium or pepto bismal, bandaids. Layering pieces for winter, morning and evening were cool but mid day was really warm when we were there in December.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

A pencil sharpener!!! You need one if your kids have a week of homework to do!

My DW and her best friend went on girls only trip earlier this year and the one thing that my DW really needed was mole skin after she developed a bad blister the first day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter