Your "Oh, I wish I would've brought..."

We always rent a car, so other than our park tickets that we buy in advance, there is really nothing we couldn't go out and buy in a pinch.

That said, last time we left the GPS in the car at the airport...that was an awful mistake and led to a bunch of arguments while driving around in Florida!

the things i cannot live without are moleskin, fingernail scissors (or clippers, i prefer scissors-the popping sound of the clippers drives me :banana:), my GPS, phone chargers, usb cables (for charging mp3 players in the car), quarters for tolls (we drive to WDW from NE alabama, and some of the toll booths don't have attendants to take paper money) and bodyglide!

I read the tip about the portable cell phone charger on this thread and purchased one before our trip in October! It came in handy every day, as my phone was dead by the afternoon from all of the pictures I was taking. Thank you for the great tip!

Which cell phone charger do people use? The last one we got was not very good.

Unfortunately I didn't keep the package, but it says "Triple C Designs" on the charger. I bought it at Hallmark for $19.99. It's not the lipstick shape that some of the other posters have talked about. It's flat and square, about the size of a tiny tape measure. If fit perfectly in my small cross body purse that I carried in the parks.

Which cell phone charger do people use? The last one we got was not very good.

We bought the Jackery Giant off of Amazon.com for $40. It has been awesome. We are at the ball fields every weekend and it keeps all of our electronics charged.

There is another similar thread:
The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW?

These two threads can provide a lot of synergy for all readers! I've started a little list of my own for our next trip to The World so I don't lose all of the great ideas, and have to re-read PAGES and PAGES of information!

deb

I bring one of those plastic over the door shoe organizers and out it in the bathroom. Great place to store all bathroom related items, and even other stuff while keeping clear counters.

Did somebody already mention extra batteries for your camera? Buying them at the parks can get pricey...
Also be sure to BRING your own camera. There are photographers throughout the parks who will be happy to take your pictures for you but that will get expensive, too.

A multi tool like a leather man, you never know when you might need a can opener, knife, file or screwdrivers!

A multi tool like a leather man, you never know when you might need a can opener, knife, file or screwdrivers!

This is brilliant! I also keep a little keychain Swiss Army knife with me. Comes in handy chopping off little tags on new souvenirs, opening packages, all kinds of stuff! The little screwdriver thing was great to have in case the batteries on the stroller fan went - though somehow those things kept going!

I am sure it is obvious but, your camera. We had photopass+ but they are only in certain locations and there are so many other opportunities for memorable pictures with no photographer in sight. We brought 3 rechargable batteries for ours and had to recharge every night! make sure you have lots of room on your sd card as well.

Not something I wished we brought but rather something I wished we hadn't bothered with. I saw so many people recommend bringing your own glow necklaces for the fireworks....problem is, they didn't fit into my park bag! When we did fireworks we were at the parks all day and it would have cut into park time to go back and get them. We ended up buying a $10 light up toy and telling the kids to share. Honestly we waited so long for Wishes (we got an awesome spot on a bench in front of the castle so we decided to stay) the light up toy provided them at least $10 worth in entertainment and sanity for us ;) IF I were to buy any glow toys beforehand it would be a want or something smaller.

If you have kids young enough for strollers bring the strollers! It is so expensive to rent one and they are not very good. I see other people with their own strollers and we were kicking ourselves for not bringing ours and renting. We rented one every day and our daughter was 4.

She normally does not use a stroller and has not since she could walk. But it is so much walking that she just needed to be pushed around quite a bit.

I saw several options here for clipping the curtains together so light doesn't come through, but not the one I'm going to try -

I found a really long chip clip at the grocery store. I thought that might work.

The curtains in the Alligator Bayou room at POR we stayed at were VERY good at blocking light. We even stayed in a corner room with 2 big windows and when the curtains were closed even during the day it was very dark in our room

After a few somewhat noisy stays, we always bring along a small fan or noisemaker to block outside (or room next door) noises.

Band aids on my person. Whenever we don't have a bandaid we need one and the area to get them never seems convenient to where we are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter