YouTube parents accused of abusing their kids for views

Snap Crackle Pop

Space Mountain
There has been a lot of talk online about this particular youtube channel where the parents pull pranks on their kids, but these pranks are cruel and it ends up with them always targeting one kid and they full on scream at him for time on end. This kid always cries and begs his parents to stop, but they tell him no and that they need the views.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...ng-children-in-prank-video-you-just-got-owned (Here is one of the pranks that got people getting upset)

The father removed the video becuase of the backlash, but it's still out there online where you can watch it. There is also another video of the kid that gets pushed into a bookcase and ends up having a bloody nose over it. This is a video where a person talks about some of the questionable videos:

(warning language)

So what do you guys think?

Why would causing your child so much distress be pleasing to any parent?

I play jokes on my kids, I'll pop out and say BOO! We all like to hide in the bed under the blanket, pretending DH can't see us, then he pulls them out one by one tickling them. I'll tell them we are going just for a car ride when we are taking them somewhere they want to go. Those sorts of things.

Never, NEVER, would I reduce my children to TEARS and think it is funny. What do those poor kids go through when the cameras are off?

I watched the first clip and I'm shaking and want to vomit having just witnessed that abuse. I cannot believe those scum of the earth parents actually think that is funny. I seriously hope they get a visit from child services asap. Not going to watch any more of that video.

I knew as soon as I read the title what family it was.

We heard our kids watching them a couple of months ago(it wasn't weeded out by Youtube kids) and were like "nope"...Try again.

Ugh... I do think a little bit of pranking and giving your kids a hard time is okay but you have to know your kids and never is it ever okay to hurt feelings or verbally abuse your kids.

Why would causing your child so much distress be pleasing to any parent?

I play jokes on my kids, I'll pop out and say BOO! We all like to hide in the bed under the blanket, pretending DH can't see us, then he pulls them out one by one tickling them. I'll tell them we are going just for a car ride when we are taking them somewhere they want to go. Those sorts of things.

Never, NEVER, would I reduce my children to TEARS and think it is funny. What do those poor kids go through when the cameras are off?

Exactly, there is a big difference in "surprises" (we did that once...pretended we were going to school and went to Disneyland instead) that are largely perceived as "good" rewards (but even some of those can go bad....at least that's not being deliberately cruel), and the kind this family practices, which is being mean for the enjoyment of others. It sure as heck ain't for the enjoyment of the kids.

Absolutely abuse. That was awful. Any of my kids would have been beyond upset but my boy would have been irreversibly crushed by that. Screaming at your kid, making accusations and basically calling them liars while upping their distress every chance you get is NOT a prank.

Absolutely abuse. That was awful. Any of my kids would have been beyond upset but my boy would have been irreversibly crushed by that. Screaming at your kid, making accusations and basically calling them liars while upping their distress every chance you get is NOT a prank.

I think what bothers me most is the kids' reactions to the cursing and screaming. It isn't out of the ordinary for them. It really makes me sick.

I felt sick watching that. First of all, I'm not a huge fan of pranks to begin with unless it's a fun surprise. Secondly, my integrity means everything to me, so to be falsely accused of anything would be a nightmare to me, and that's as an adult, not a defenseless child. And thirdly, even if my kids HAD squirted ink on the carpeting for real, I would not be screaming at them and using the F word. I have to wonder if they scream like this as a "joke", how do they act when the kids actually did something wrong??

Holy crap, I just watched the second video where there are clips from other "pranks." How is nothing being done about this? The youngest boy seems to be the main target and the other ones jump in on it like they know if they help they won't be the targets. Just sickening.

Holy crap, I just watched the second video where there are clips from other "pranks." How is nothing being done about this? The youngest boy seems to be the main target and the other ones jump in on it like they know if they help they won't be the targets. Just sickening.

I had only watched the first video too, after the second I'm even more enraged. Those poor kids. The parents obviously don't care about their kids' mental well being, it's all about the money and attention they are getting from their channel.

I knew as soon as I read the title what family it was.

We heard our kids watching them a couple of months ago(it wasn't weeded out by Youtube kids) and were like "nope"...Try again.

Ugh... I do think a little bit of pranking and giving your kids a hard time is okay but you have to know your kids and never is it ever okay to hurt feelings or verbally abuse your kids.

Why would you ever think it was ok giving your kids a hard time by pranking them? I just don't get this line of thinking. Do your children enjoy you giving them a hard time and then saying it's just a joke? My kids would have been royally pissed and I'm sure they would have lost respect and trust for me.

Pranking when you say you are going somewhere and ending up in Disneyland is entirely different.

I felt sick watching that. First of all, I'm not a huge fan of pranks to begin with unless it's a fun surprise. Secondly, my integrity means everything to me, so to be falsely accused of anything would be a nightmare to me, and that's as an adult, not a defenseless child. And thirdly, even if my kids HAD squirted ink on the carpeting for real, I would not be screaming at them and using the F word. I have to wonder if they scream like this as a "joke", how do they act when the kids actually did something wrong??

Exactly, who thinks it's ok to scream and swear at your kids like that if there was ink on the floor? Or for any reason, really.

Why would you ever think it was ok giving your kids a hard time by pranking them? I just don't get this line of thinking. Do your children enjoy you giving them a hard time and then saying it's just a joke? My kids would have been royally pissed and I'm sure they would have lost respect and trust for me.

Pranking when you say you are going somewhere and ending up in Disneyland is entirely different.
Our whole family is pranksters but we never hurt feelings and would never mentally abuse our children. We're fine, they're fine... Thanks for your concern.

***Maybe I should clarify "pranks" :
Putting a hair tie on the kitchen sprayer so it sprays the next person to turn it on, dumping a cold cup of water on them in the shower... etc.

I had only watched the first video too, after the second I'm even more enraged. Those poor kids. The parents obviously don't care about their kids' mental well being, it's all about the money and attention they are getting from their channel.
Even if they did this without all the yelling, cursing, pushing, hitting etc. it's still mental abuse. Kids don't want to disappoint their parents. To accuse them of things, make them out to be liars and then say, 'nah, just kidding' breaks them down over and over. These people are despicable.

Our whole family is pranksters but we never hurt feelings and would never mentally abuse our children. We're fine, they're fine... Thanks for your concern.

***Maybe I should clarify "pranks" :
Putting a hair tie on the kitchen sprayer so it sprays the next person to turn it on, dumping a cold cup of water on them in the shower... etc.

That nonsense would never fly in my house. I'm sure your kids love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter