YouTube parents accused of abusing their kids for views

In their latest video, they are saying that most of the videos were fake. That video is called "Family destroyed over false aquisations" (their mispelling). I can't link it.

I don't know what to think. Death threats and attacks by others are awful no matter what the truth is.

In their latest video, they are saying that most of the videos were fake. That video is called "Family destroyed over false aquisations" (their mispelling). I can't link it.

I don't know what to think. Death threats and attacks by others are awful no matter what the truth is.
I agree that the death threats and attacks are over the top. The videos broke my heart. I have been following this story since Monday. Clearly some sort of intervention needs to be made.

It all sounds suspicious to me. Someone definitely needs to step in and I don't mean the YouTuber that made a video about the situation. He should have contacted the family and the authorities instead.

It all sounds suspicious to me. Someone definitely needs to step in and I don't mean the YouTuber that made a video about the situation. He should have contacted the family and the authorities instead.
I could be wrong but I thought he said he did. I had to pause several times so I may have heard that wrong. I can't bring myself to go back and skim through it though.

I'm not buying it's fake. There's real anguish coming from the youngest. Those tears are real. Some of the clips the one guy shows of the dad talking about it the younger one will pipe up that he doesn't like it and one of the older boys or the dad will shut him down. They finally went too far even for the people who disturbingly have watched all the others and got caught out. Now they're back pedaling.

Watched a few videos before coming to a conclusion. Sorry even if it was fake that poor little one is getting the brunt of it every single time. He was clearly afraid to answer on the follow up to if they are abused or not. Sorry child of abuse here and lets be honest if my dad was standing right there asking me I would have sworn on my mother's grave Nothing bad was going on because I knew if I said yes it was then I'd probably be dead.

On top of the "fake" they are not trained stunt professionals or fight professionals. Throwing your childs face into a book case or letting his older brother punch him in the head and face for not being able to take a joke is never okay. On top of that the screaming at them while he is read in the face and crying makes it even worse. I don't think the little one is in on it no matter what the parents say.

Last edited:
They do. My kids are happy, well behaved, well adjusted little people.

...most of the time.

And it sounds like they know how to have fun! Love to hear happy laughter in a family.

This type of stuff in these videos makes me sick. I can't hardly take a child's tears when they are getting in trouble but something like this would make my blood boil. How a parent, who is supposed to be the one person in this world a child can trust and go to when they are hurting, can treat their children like this is just beyond any understanding to me.

Our whole family is pranksters but we never hurt feelings and would never mentally abuse our children. We're fine, they're fine... Thanks for your concern.

***Maybe I should clarify "pranks" :
Putting a hair tie on the kitchen sprayer so it sprays the next person to turn it on, dumping a cold cup of water on them in the shower... etc.

We're the same way. It's all in good fun. My daughter has been getting really good at it. lol

What this family does is ridiculous. Giving your kids a bloody nose?? No...just no.

Let's pretend for a minute, that it wasn't a prank and actually happened. I cannot imagine the consequences in real life if this is supposed to be funny.

In what reality is screaming at the top of your lungs and repeatedly cursing your kids any kind of sane discipline?

Of course, after the backlash, and maybe a little coaching, the kids are "fine".

Common sense is vacant in both parents. But they've made national TV. Whoo. We famous. Perhaps instead of using their kids as the "prank" victims, they just do stupid ignorant not even funny crap to EACHOTHER.

Our whole family is pranksters but we never hurt feelings and would never mentally abuse our children. We're fine, they're fine... Thanks for your concern.

Putting a hair tie on the kitchen sprayer so it sprays the next person to turn it on, dumping a cold cup of water on them in the shower... etc.

That nonsense would never fly in my house. I'm sure your kids love it.

Nope, not with us either! Someone dump cold water on me in the shower had better be ready for some dire consequences! That's pushing it! 'Mama don't allow no mean pranking in her house'!!

As for the family in videos OP posted about - that's so cruel and true emotional (partly physical) abuse. When you get your excitement in hurting others something is 'very' wrong with you. Especially, children, and their own, at that!! That family needs to really be watched closely. Those children will be on pins and needles all the time wondering what is 'real' vs. 'play' - yeah, right!! Can't 'trust' their own parents!
Mom & Dad are 'needing' their moment of fame and being in the 'limelight' really bad!!

:eek::confused3:sad2::sad:

Why would you ever think it was ok giving your kids a hard time by pranking them? I just don't get this line of thinking. Do your children enjoy you giving them a hard time and then saying it's just a joke?

Because sometimes it is OK and yes they can enjoy it. The example given earlier of putting a rubber band on the kitchen sink sprayer is a good one....we haven't done it in our current house because it doesn't have that...but my kids did it to me (with the help of DW) in our last house. I promise you nobody is scarred for life from it. Clearly, there's a line where it becomes abusive, but there's also room for families to have fun and prank each other. My kids favorite show is Americas' Funniest Videos. You see those pranks all the time...they're funny and I doubt anyone was scarred from it. Good clean fun is absolutely OK.

But yeah, there's clearly a line where it becomes just plain wrong, and we all know some parents really shouldn't be parents...or at least need some serious parenting lessons. I'm not a movie buff, but one of my favorite movie lines ever is from the movie Parenthood. Keanu Reeve's character "Todd" said (and I had to Google it to make sure I had it right...and cleaning it up for posting on the DISboard): "You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog. You need a license to drive a car. Heck, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any rear end-reaming moron to be a father." You could substitute "parent" for "father". It's such a sad but true statement.

Let's pretend for a minute, that it wasn't a prank and actually happened. I cannot imagine the consequences in real life if this is supposed to be funny.

In what reality is screaming at the top of your lungs and repeatedly cursing your kids any kind of sane discipline?

Of course, after the backlash, and maybe a little coaching, the kids are "fine".

Common sense is vacant in both parents. But they've made national TV. Whoo. We famous. Perhaps instead of using their kids as the "prank" victims, they just do stupid ignorant not even funny crap to EACHOTHER.
The thing is for the "prank" to work it has to be authentic so most likely this is par for the course as far as treatment of these kids.

Because sometimes it is OK and yes they can enjoy it. The example given earlier of putting a rubber band on the kitchen sink sprayer is a good one....we haven't done it in our current house because it doesn't have that...but my kids did it to me (with the help of DW) in our last house. I promise you nobody is scarred for life from it. Clearly, there's a line where it becomes abusive, but there's also room for families to have fun and prank each other. My kids favorite show is Americas' Funniest Videos. You see those pranks all the time...they're funny and I doubt anyone was scarred from it. Good clean fun is absolutely OK.

But yeah, there's clearly a line where it becomes just plain wrong, and we all know some parents really shouldn't be parents...or at least need some serious parenting lessons. I'm not a movie buff, but one of my favorite movie lines ever is from the movie Parenthood. Keanu Reeve's character "Todd" said (and I had to Google it to make sure I had it right...and cleaning it up for posting on the DISboard): "You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog. You need a license to drive a car. Heck, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any rear end-reaming moron to be a father." You could substitute "parent" for "father". It's such a sad but true statement.

I seriously question enjoying being surprise in the shower with a family member dunking cold water over someone's head. I guess we are just stick in the muds but that crap doesn't happen in our family. Where are the boundaries? Mother surprising son in the shower? Father surprising daughter? Brother surprising sister? Anyone surprising anyone who is taking a shower? Oh I can't imagine how hilarious that would be. Anyway, like I said, some obviously enjoy pranking but I would think mostly people grow out of that kind of humour when they are adults.

I seriously question enjoying being surprise in the shower with a family member dunking cold water over someone's head. I guess we are just stick in the muds but that crap doesn't happen in our family. Where are the boundaries? Mother surprising son in the shower? Father surprising daughter? Brother surprising sister? Anyone surprising anyone who is taking a shower? Oh I can't imagine how hilarious that would be. Anyway, like I said, some obviously enjoy pranking but I would think mostly people grow out of that kind of humour when they are adults.

I don't recall saying anything about going into someones' shower. Maybe you're making reference to some of the videos that show up on AFV. And yeah, I think most of those are fairly funny (though I think some are just boring and not funny, but not for moral reasons). Common sense would typically dictate what is appropriate and fun and what isn't. If you want to carry it out to some extreme, that's fine. Glad that "crap" doesn't happen in your family and if you "outgrow" it then perhaps you're just a much more mature person than I.

It's really not that serious. No one's getting hurt. Some people just aren't that uptight.

Okay... Lets not turn what I said into something it's not. Give me a break.

And for the record, we as a family DO have boundaries. As the kids get older shower/bathroom time is becoming a more private experience. I don't appreciate what you're insinuating at all.

It's not that serious and it's not like we live in a mad house where these things are happening every day. They HAVE happened and no one is scarred for life or in need of therapy. We laugh and move on.
I don't recall saying anything about going into someones' shower. Maybe you're making reference to some of the videos that show up on AFV. And yeah, I think most of those are fairly funny (though I think some are just boring and not funny, but not for moral reasons). Common sense would typically dictate what is appropriate and fun and what isn't. If you want to carry it out to some extreme, that's fine. Glad that "crap" doesn't happen in your family and if you "outgrow" it then perhaps you're just a much more mature person than I.
I used the shower example.

Last edited:
People will do anything for their 15 min of fame nowadays. This is terrible but I think that anyone using their kids as a way to make money on social media (I.e. "mommy blogs","awareness blogs", You Tube channels, etc) is despicable. Kids have no privacy or rights anymore because parents use them to get internet famous. It's disgusting.

You Tube needs to do a better job shutting this kind of abuse down.

Pathetic. I don't like the "I ate all your Halloween candy" pranks either. It's not ok to be deliberately cruel to your kids....and cussing while yelling at them is definitely not cool.
I don't like the Halloween ones either. I hate seeing how those kids are crying because their parents said they ate their candy. Intention of all in good fun sure but it still gets me to see the kids reactions and I'm not sitting there laughing because of their reactions.

Ok so my husband likes to scare me though not in a life-threatening holy moly went to far way (some of those couple prank videos we've watched I'm telling him in the most serious voice I've got "do not ever think to do that to me").

Shortly after we became engaged he dunked cold water on me in the shower...omg I was soo mad but I had to laugh about it too. I got him back sometime after that. He likes to jump out and scare me. One time he hid in the utility closet near my bedroom at an apartment I had at the time and then jumped out when I was walking out of my room. I jumped at least a foot or so in the air from that one. His family says he's always been like that though. He would never ever ever do something like in these videos nor would he do something that would harm me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter