“Embarrassing My Children, Just Another Service I Provide” Trip Report

When I went with my best friend and her three year old last year, I thought the stroller was the best thing on earth cause we could stow our backpack underneath:rotfl:

your welcome for posing for you mom!! :)

i'm thinking about getting my own bag this time... maybe ;)

Okay folks...this isn't good....I thought the bag issue was settled for me but Diamond mentioning carrying a sweater got me thinking and now, dang it, I'm drooling over the Baggallini! :rotfl:

Not good......they are hard to get here and I'm not willing to pay as much in fees to get it over the border as the bag itself costs!!!!!!!! :scared1:

But they look so nice....especially the tomato coloured one.....:upsidedow

My thoughts on the Baggallini- for what they are worth- is that once it was loaded it was heavy and uncomfortable...after using it for one trip, switched back to a Back pack that could be passed around for carryin, for some reason no one else wanted to carry the baggallini :confused3

And my other hint of the day-instead of a sweater I started carrying a windbreaker type pull over that folds down into its own little "bag" it is all one piece and I am not doing a very good job of explaining it but I find it perfect for either being cold in the AC or at nights when the sun goes down. can double as a rain coat if needed and very light weight.

I like the name of your title. My grown :sad1: son is joining me for a few days of my upcoming SOLO! trip and I signed off the last email to him saying I had to go finish making our matching T-shirts :) .

Perhaps sweater was the wrong word. I usually carry a long sleeve "dry-fit" shirt with me. So it's pretty thin. It would probably still fit into your wally bag.

Myself, I have a small bagallini. It's more of a wallet really. But I've been drooling over the Vera Bradley bags.

I'm off to the states in a couple of weeks for a dance competition with the kids and I just might, maybe, if I can get away to do some shopping (yeah like wild horses would stop me) pick one up.

So I think I’ve almost got my mom hooked on going with us. :thumbsup2She says she’s “leaning” towards it….keep leaning, Mom, eventually you’ll fall for it! Had to break the news toher that at that time of year it’s doubtful we’ll get a direct flight to Orlando, but that I would try for a flight that lets us clear customs in Halifax and with a long enough layover we don’t have to be panicked about finding our gate, etc. Keep deep breathing Mom.

I’ve also tried to explain a little bit about “Dis Meets”. “So Mom, there are these people I’ve never met and don’t really know anything about but some of them are really great and friendly and I really, really, really would like to hang out with them for coffee or dole whips. Can I? Can I? Can I?”. These are met with “ummhumm”s.

Rae totally gets it because we are both avid listeners to the Dis Unplugged Podcast. Quite frankly if one of the Podcast members and a Jonas brother walked up to her she’d probably not give the Jonas a second look. Mind you she’s not really going through that stage anymore…..maybe I should have picked a comparison more the liking of an extremely “cool” 13 year old (like that honey?) but you get my point.

Lindsay, however, would make the Jonas brother run for his life and take refuge in ‘it’s a small world” hiding behind the dolls…..:scared1:

Anyway, looking at some other pretrip reports and the “Who’s Going in November” thread there should be ample opportunity for meeting some of you! Even if there’s nothing formal don’t forget to where your Lime Green Mickey Heads people!!!!

Question of the day….can I find a discount on a rental car that would be better then using an Air Miles gift certificate? I think I feel a spreadsheet being opened! :surfweb:And I’ve suspended my frantic internet search for a local baggallini….Heading to Halifax next weekend so I’ll keep my eyes open for something….I’m thinking now of taking both bags so I can have options. And if I don’t spend money on one now then I have the possibility of spending it on one is Disney ……:laughing:

Hey Dawn! Count me in on the meet. I hope some of the others who are going during 'our' time from my TR will come over, too! :thumbsup2 Never done a DISmeet before!

My DH (who doesn't do Disney with us, either) thinks its 100% Twilight Zone to want to meet up with people from the internet. I told him, 'it's not the internet, it's the DISboards!' :laughing: Whatever, I think it will be kinda fun to put some (user)names with faces! So count me and Lily in!

I'm enjoying your PTR so far. The whole Dream Villas then 2 pin code thing has me wondering now if Disney doesn't somehow hijack the guest list from over there and start sending PIN codes! I got one, but it's only till June. Wonder if I should do some *inquiring* offsite. :confused3 :laughing:

Hey Applemomma!:goodvibes I have the exact Buxton bag and I love it! I bought it for our first trip (several years back) and in two weeks, we leave for trip 7 and the bag is still perfect! It fits just enough and isn't uncomfortable to wear. I wouldn't part with it.

Hope your mom decides to join you. That would be such a nice trip for you and your girls. We have stayed at Pop several times and once at AKL and you are in for a treat! We really loved it there. There have been some excellent air prices out of Halifax recently but I'm not sure if they went into November or not. Friends of mine booked for September and the flights were $402 (taxes in) out of Halifax. That is a great price. Hopefully, you will get something similar. Happy planning!

Joining in! I hope you can convince your mom to go. Sounds like she would enjoy some time away. We went in November a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Low crowds, weather wasn't too hot. It's a good time to go!

I love your title! My DS is only 10 months old, so nothing is too embarrassing to him yet...but he could probably do a good job embarrassing DH and I at this point:lmao: I will need to start working on this, though, so when he gets older I am good at it.

November is a great time to visit Disney! We were there in November 2008. It was a bit cool the week we were there, though. We each ended up buying a new sweatshirt because we had only brought one each! The Christmas decorations were lovely! And it was extra magical because each morning you would wake up and go to a park and there would be new decorations. We were staying at WL and one morning we woke up to the huge Christmas tree in the hotel lobby!

hey i found u guys still gutted i miss you all maybe next year x

Hey Dawn! Count me in on the meet. I hope some of the others who are going during 'our' time from my TR will come over, too! :thumbsup2 Never done a DISmeet before!

My DH (who doesn't do Disney with us, either) thinks its 100% Twilight Zone to want to meet up with people from the internet. I told him, 'it's not the internet, it's the DISboards!' :laughing: Whatever, I think it will be kinda fun to put some (user)names with faces! So count me and Lily in!

I'm enjoying your PTR so far. The whole Dream Villas then 2 pin code thing has me wondering now if Disney doesn't somehow hijack the guest list from over there and start sending PIN codes! I got one, but it's only till June. Wonder if I should do some *inquiring* offsite. :confused3 :laughing:

:banana::banana: Welcome! I was a little bummed that I wasn't staying at Dreams but now I'm pretty excited that I'm staying at AK. Can't wait to meet up!

Hey Applemomma!:goodvibes I have the exact Buxton bag and I love it! I bought it for our first trip (several years back) and in two weeks, we leave for trip 7 and the bag is still perfect! It fits just enough and isn't uncomfortable to wear. I wouldn't part with it.

Hope your mom decides to join you. That would be such a nice trip for you and your girls. We have stayed at Pop several times and once at AKL and you are in for a treat! We really loved it there. There have been some excellent air prices out of Halifax recently but I'm not sure if they went into November or not. Friends of mine booked for September and the flights were $402 (taxes in) out of Halifax. That is a great price. Hopefully, you will get something similar. Happy planning!

Glad to hear about the bag! My plan now is to pack it and my Mickey drawstring back pack for one of the girls to wear and if I find something down there then I might just have to snatch it up :thumbsup2

I'm hoping Continental will come through for us on airfare since I'd rather connect through the US then Canada, just so I can preclear in Halifax.

Joining in! I hope you can convince your mom to go. Sounds like she would enjoy some time away. We went in November a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Low crowds, weather wasn't too hot. It's a good time to go!

Mom is really starting to lean towards coming I think. Welcome to my PTR!

I love your title! My DS is only 10 months old, so nothing is too embarrassing to him yet...but he could probably do a good job embarrassing DH and I at this point:lmao: I will need to start working on this, though, so when he gets older I am good at it.

November is a great time to visit Disney! We were there in November 2008. It was a bit cool the week we were there, though. We each ended up buying a new sweatshirt because we had only brought one each! The Christmas decorations were lovely! And it was extra magical because each morning you would wake up and go to a park and there would be new decorations. We were staying at WL and one morning we woke up to the huge Christmas tree in the hotel lobby!

Oh just give it a couple of years! You'll be able to embarrass him left right and centre! Just start off by dancing in the aisle at the grocery store....gets them every time :):banana:

I've been telling my mom about the Grand Floridian Gingerbread House so hopefully that is up when we're there if nothing else....

hey i found u guys still gutted i miss you all maybe next year x

That's the beauty of Disney...there's always a next time. So glad to hear Cam is doing better and eating some....hang in there Super Mom!

Where in NS are you from? I was just wondering which Walmart you got your bag at because I live near Truro and our Walmart doesn't have a lot of the same stuff as say the Walmarts in Halifax. I think depending on the size that it is exactly what I have been looking for. Oh and how long ago did you purchase it? And I too have been hoping for good airfare prices, the best ones I've found are still over $600:scared1:

Where in NS are you from? I was just wondering which Walmart you got your bag at because I live near Truro and our Walmart doesn't have a lot of the same stuff as say the Walmarts in Halifax. I think depending on the size that it is exactly what I have been looking for. Oh and how long ago did you purchase it? And I too have been hoping for good airfare prices, the best ones I've found are still over $600:scared1:

I'm in the Annapolis Valley and got it at the Walmart in New Minas, so by no means is it a "big" one by comparison to Halifax :rotfl2: I just got it in January so it should still be fairly current as far as stock goes. There was only one though, without a tag so if I were you I'd search the backs of the racks and where stuff falls on the bottom shelf (like it always does in Walmart!). It was in the section with the purses/ backpacks, not in the travel section.

Airfare is the kicker isn't it? I give my right eye tooth for fares like they have in the States. If it wasn't for my mom's reluctance to drive I'd be making a run for the border to catch a flight out of Maine. Mind you you have to really watch those fares too....the prices certainly aren't the $79 one-way's I paid in 2007 but still better then Halifax!

Well I've booked....a whale watching trip. Nope, not in Disney. Right here in good old Nova Scotia. Lindsay was watching a piece on whale watching in BC while we were watching olympic coverage (sorry to my American friends but Canada ROCKED during these Olympics....and now back to your regularly scheduled humbleness) and said she wanted to do it. Well, sweetie we do live a couple minutes from an ocean and there are whales in the Atlantic.

So a quick check on the internet :surfweb:, low and behold a special is being run by a tour company my mom and dad highly recommended and bada boom bada bing I booked it.....July 24th! I'm making it my birthday present to me (that's not my birthday though but it is the anniversary date of the whale watching company and hence the special and thus the excuse :goodvibes)

So now in an effort to make the passing of time I have the following events to look forward to this year up to and including our Disney trip....

Harlem Globetrotters this month!
Can make my ADR's in May!!
Whale Watching in July!
Camping in August!
And the Mouse in November!

I'm sure I'll find something else to occupy my time between now and this fall as well :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter