“Help Me Move to Florida… You Can Go to Disney!” A June 2013 PTR-Link to the TR 6/29!

So, things have changed again. Of course!

We have decided to add another night onto the beginning of the trip. Instead of mom driving us up to WDW super early on Friday morning, she will drive us up the afternoon before on Thursday! This way, we can have a relaxing evening and dinner at DTD before hitting the parks hard Friday morning. I am really excited about this because we will be getting to do a lot Friday morning that we would have not been able to do before getting there at 10am. Now, we can hit the Morning EMH at Epcot at 8:00am and get in the good rides!! :cool1: Yay!! I'm so excited!!

Also, our flights home have been booked. Of course, we don't need flights down as we will be driving mom's car, but we will on the way home. We are flying Southwest- YAY! I love Southwest!!!

Other than that, we are just working out plans for the park days! :goodvibes I am literally so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, the snow. I mean here it's a beautiful sunny day, so I feel terrible for all of yall that are getting (got) all of this snow! It really is crazy how scary something so beautiful can be.

Yay for your resort! Have you stayed there before? I'm glad yall will get that extra time there! Yay!!

Jumping in! :wave2:

So, let me start by saying you and your DBF are adorable! As a fellow nursing major, I can commiserate on a tough semester! I'm also a sophomore and have heard that this year is the hardest (at least in my program.)

I love that you're staying at the Dolphin! I agree that I think a lot of people don't like the Dolphin/Swan because they're not quite as much Disney but they're gorgeous and a great deal. I'd love to stay at one of those again! Plus, I'll be eligible for a nurse's discount once I graduate :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Oh wow, the snow. I mean here it's a beautiful sunny day, so I feel terrible for all of yall that are getting (got) all of this snow! It really is crazy how scary something so beautiful can be.

Yay for your resort! Have you stayed there before? I'm glad yall will get that extra time there! Yay!!

I am so jealous!! :rotfl: We are pretty lucky- we kept our power and only have about 12" after all of that! I've been cooped up at home, so I've had plenty of time on the DIS! :goodvibes

I know! I'm so excited!! We stayed there in 2010, and I loved it! It's so nice and relaxing!

Jumping in! :wave2:

So, let me start by saying you and your DBF are adorable! As a fellow nursing major, I can commiserate on a tough semester! I'm also a sophomore and have heard that this year is the hardest (at least in my program.)

I love that you're staying at the Dolphin! I agree that I think a lot of people don't like the Dolphin/Swan because they're not quite as much Disney but they're gorgeous and a great deal. I'd love to stay at one of those again! Plus, I'll be eligible for a nurse's discount once I graduate :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Yay! Welcome! Thank you! :goodvibes Nursing students are crazy! :rotfl: And I say that with love! The sophomore semester is the hardest I think because my DBF is starting his clinicals and it's a pretty rigorous courseload. I seriously give you guys tons of props! :thumbsup2 I try to help out as much as I can- usually just being a body to practice blood pressure on! :rotfl:

I love the Dolphin! It's so relaxing and pretty! The discounts are great! I'm really glad that that is an option for us teachers/nurses/government employees! :thumbsup2

Yay! Welcome! Thank you! :goodvibes Nursing students are crazy! :rotfl: And I say that with love! The sophomore semester is the hardest I think because my DBF is starting his clinicals and it's a pretty rigorous courseload. I seriously give you guys tons of props! :thumbsup2 I try to help out as much as I can- usually just being a body to practice blood pressure on! :rotfl:

I love the Dolphin! It's so relaxing and pretty! The discounts are great! I'm really glad that that is an option for us teachers/nurses/government employees! :thumbsup2

Yes, we are crazy, hahah! I just started learning blood pressure last week in my lab- luckily my friends think this is hilariously awesome and love having their blood pressure taken!

emilyindisney said:
Yes, we are crazy, hahah! I just started learning blood pressure last week in my lab- luckily my friends think this is hilariously awesome and love having their blood pressure taken!

DBF did too! He said it's been a TON of information in these past couple weeks! His clinicals start next week at the local hospital. Do you have to do some sort of a clinical?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DBF did too! He said it's been a TON of information in these past couple weeks! His clinicals start next week at the local hospital. Do you have to do some sort of a clinical?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My clinicals will start in the fall, and I'll have four semesters of them. Right now I have a nursing lab where we work in a simulation hospital and practice non-invasive procedures on each other.

This sounds like such an exciting trip! Count me in!!

Also your snow pictures are so pretty!!!

So I have to hijack Emma's thread here for a moment to let you all know of the harrowing day I had getting our cat, Zuzu, on the plane to Fort Myers. As you know, DH is already down there with the dog, Jolie, and we decided that the best way to get Zuzu down was to send her by plane (especially because while we're showing the house it's better without her in it). After reading a ton about it, we chose Delta Cargo. She was scheduled to go yesterday but with all of the snow we got, we had to reschedule for today. Unfortunately, the cargo place isn't open here in Burlington, VT on Sundays so they told me to take her right to the ticket counter.

After driving an hour in to Burlington with a very meowy Zuzu I got to the airport 2 hours ahead of time, as advised. It was a DARN good thing I did, because it took AN HOUR AND A HALF to check her in!!! I swear there was more paperwork and more red tape to send a kitty than I've ever seen sending humans!!! There was only one ticket agent on and people behind me were getting very agitated, so she had to leave Zuzu and I to cool our heels while dealing with the crankies. Seriously people were actually yelling at her - it was awful!

Finally, she got through that lot and started processing Zuzu. It seriously took a whole hour and a half to fill out and sign the paperwork and for her to figure out how to book a cat onto the flight. THEN, the TSA agent behind the counter said that in a moment he was going to need my help. I was like, "Why?" He said that he had to screen the crate and the cat and they don't go through the machine. Meaning, we have to get her OUT of the box to do it. I was like, "Um, they didn't tell me that on the phone when I booked the flight for her to go cargo. It's why I didn't fly with her and bring her on or check her because I knew there was no way I would ever get her back IN the box after she got out." He said, "Oh it will be fine, we've done this before." I said, "I'm serious she HATES the crate - it's like all-four-feet-pushing-on-the-edge-resisting-being-put-back-in kind of thing." He said, "We'll get her back in." I said, "What if she bolts?" He told me that there were enough TSA agents to be able to catch her if she takes off. Hahahahahah! Yeah, you don't know Zuzu if you think that! She's like a stripey streak of lightning when she wants to be! He assured me it would be ok.

So when it was "time" I had to go BEHIND the ticket counter (there were about 30 NEW people waiting in line behind me making REALLY impatient noises at this point) and try to get her out of the box. Now she doesn't want to get out of the box. Sheesh!!! I mean, we're tipping the box almost perpendicular to the floor and she's got the stickiest cat feet in the universe - not budging!!!

So I'm like, "Look, let's take the top off, get ready to catch her if she jumps out and do what you have to do while I'm trying to hold her down." It took 4 of us to manage this operation, but finally she was checked, the box swabbed, the blankets patted down and the top put back on - all in about 30 seconds. I had visions of her leaping out of there and running around the airport. It was the most terrifying 30 seconds of my life!

At any rate, she passed security inspection and I could resume my place at the beginning of the growing long line of impatient people who had been watching this whole performance.

Finally, the agent was able to figure out how to charge me (she had never done this before and was absolutely clueless as to how to process it through the computer). $268.00 later and Zuzu was on the plane. WHEW! That was the most stressful part of this entire move, I tell you.

Now Zuzu is waiting in Detroit for her connection to Fort Myers and for DH to pick her up this evening. Of course I'm on pins and needles waiting to make sure she's ok. I won't be able to breathe until I know she's landed safely in Florida and reunited with DH and her doggy friend, Jolie.

I need a Lapu Lapu.

My clinicals will start in the fall, and I'll have four semesters of them. Right now I have a nursing lab where we work in a simulation hospital and practice non-invasive procedures on each other.

Ok, I know DBF has clinicals on Thursday and Lab on Tuesday for this semester. I think he'll have more and more each semester until he's actually just working as a student nurse his senior year!

This sounds like such an exciting trip! Count me in!!

Also your snow pictures are so pretty!!!

Yay! Glad you're here! It should be exciting! :yay:

Thank you! LOL, it may look pretty but it can definitely go away now!! :rolleyes:

Yay for extra days and flights! :thumbsup2 Those are wonderful things.

:dance3: I love those words!!!!!

Hi there!!! This is so exciting:goodvibes So glad you are sharing yall's experience with us! Looking back now, I so wish I had known you and your mom were at WDW last June...we could have met up...in the torrential downpours :laughing:

:

My DBF and I:

IMG_1659.jpg

My DBF, Troy, will be visiting WDW for the first time! He comes from a large family, so like many people around us, they never visited Disney as a family. I am so excited to take him! Planning will be challenging, but very exciting and I hope I can get some great advice here on the DIS! He will be 21 at the time of the trip, and he is very much into sports. He was accepted into the Nursing program at our college, so this coming semester will be incredibly stressful for him! We are both sophomores in college, so school keeps us really busy!! I am a Child Development major, and I want to be a teacher when I grow up.

Yall make such a nice looking couple! Really! Before you showed us the picture, I was guessing that he had to be tall like you...and into sports. I have no doubt that he will love Disney World. How could he not?!! With you and your mom as the experts, he's bound for a love affair with the World:thumbsup2

It’s a short trip, but it’s all we can afford for right now (being college students and all). I think it will be a good three days of Disney, and I’m really hoping Troy will fall in love with it!

Short is better than no trip at all!:thumbsup2 You don't want to overwhelm him :laughing:

Hey everyone!

First off, I just wanted to say that I hope everyone stays safe and warm this weekend with Nemo and all! Scary stuff out there! I came home for the weekend and the snow just keeps on coming down!!

This winter has had some pretty cold days already. Although the lake does look sorta kinda pretty...

IMG_0061_zps39179c74.jpg

I want to be in Disney where it's warm and sunny and happy!

IMG_0070_zps3c6f6e53.jpg

It also got down to -10 degrees at school, and even lower at home!! :sad2:

It's just awful!!

But in much happier news, we have booked our hotel! :cool1: We found a great rate at the Dolphin for only $10 more per night than we would have paid at All Star Sports. I'm really excited about this because even though a lot of people don't like it and there's not a lot of Disney, I think it is a beautiful hotel! I love staying here, and the location is prime! Especially since I can get a deal with my mom's teacher's discount. I am so excited for being a stroll away from Epcot and DHS!!!! :dance3:

My sister and her family live in CT...she sent pics last weekend of their driveway and sidewalks. They were completely covered!!!! Their snowblower/plow broke, so they had to literally shovel the snow off the sidewalk and drive. The snow was up to the kids' necks. I can't even imagine!!! However...it really is quite beautiful and peaceful looking. Probably not fun to live in...but pretty.

And yes....on a happier note...I think the Dolphin is perfect. We've actually looked into staying there because of the teacher discounts they give. The hotel looks wonderful to me, and you're right in the middle of the EP resort area...perfect location.

So, things have changed again. Of course!

We have decided to add another night onto the beginning of the trip. Instead of mom driving us up to WDW super early on Friday morning, she will drive us up the afternoon before on Thursday! This way, we can have a relaxing evening and dinner at DTD before hitting the parks hard Friday morning. I am really excited about this because we will be getting to do a lot Friday morning that we would have not been able to do before getting there at 10am. Now, we can hit the Morning EMH at Epcot at 8:00am and get in the good rides!! :cool1: Yay!! I'm so excited!!

Other than that, we are just working out plans for the park days! :goodvibes I am literally so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2:cool1: Always a happy moment when you add days to a WDW vacation!!! You'll be glad to get there early even if it cost a bit more. Convenience is worth the extra money.

Finally, the agent was able to figure out how to charge me (she had never done this before and was absolutely clueless as to how to process it through the computer). $268.00 later and Zuzu was on the plane. WHEW! That was the most stressful part of this entire move, I tell you.

Now Zuzu is waiting in Detroit for her connection to Fort Myers and for DH to pick her up this evening. Of course I'm on pins and needles waiting to make sure she's ok. I won't be able to breathe until I know she's landed safely in Florida and reunited with DH and her doggy friend, Jolie.

I need a Lapu Lapu.

That is stressful. Our animals are like our children. I can't imagine having to put my Yorkie on a plane...he would have had a nervous breakdown....seriously. Hope Zuzu had a safe trip :goodvibes

Like I told Emma...so glad yall are sharing this experience with all your DisFriends. Very exciting for everyone. I hope yall enjoy sunny Florida! It will certainly be different from what you're use to...but in a good way. So much to look forward to....now you'll get FL resident discounts!!! Are you going to try and get a job teaching? Good luck with everything!

Yall have a nice weekend! Stay warm:goodvibes
Heather

Hi Heather! Glad you're along for the crazy countdown! Hahaha! Yes, it was very stressful putting poor Zuzu on the flight, but DH tells me she's just fine. Eating, sleeping, drinking, using the litter box, meowing and generally being Zuzu. Yay! My poor brother is moving to Salt Lake City from Germany this week and shipping his beagle - now THAT'S a long flight! He's so worried about him and I totally get it! You just don't know what's going through their precious little minds when all that is going on. Poor things!

I'm flying down on Saturday for our February break and I cannot wait! I've already warned DH that I'll be driving up to Disney on one of the days to get my annual pass after getting my driver's license changed over! LOL! Now, will I be able to resist and not enter a park?? Hmmmmm, that's going to be tough! hahahaha! I'm guessing no. ;)

And yes, I've applied to the Collier County school district which encompasses the entire Naples area. Hopefully something opens up but I'll also apply to Lee County as well for Fort Myers. If not, I can sub until something does shake loose. Their application process is so much different form Vermont's, but I've been able to sort it all out and have my licensure for both Theatre and French in Florida. Now just waiting! :)

Emma was home last weekend and it was fun helping her plan her itinerary. It just makes more sense to get them up there on Thursday afternoon and give them some extra time.

We're down to 4 months now! Hooray!!!!

Nancy

Oh poor Zuzu and poor you! A Lapu Lapu was definitely in order after that. So glad to hear she made it safely and is apparently not traumatized.

Oh poor Zuzu and poor you! A Lapu Lapu was definitely in order after that. So glad to hear she made it safely and is apparently not traumatized.

Thank you! She's probably going to run away from me when she sees me next weekend!

Hi Heather! Glad you're along for the crazy countdown! Hahaha! Yes, it was very stressful putting poor Zuzu on the flight, but DH tells me she's just fine. Eating, sleeping, drinking, using the litter box, meowing and generally being Zuzu. Yay! My poor brother is moving to Salt Lake City from Germany this week and shipping his beagle - now THAT'S a long flight! He's so worried about him and I totally get it! You just don't know what's going through their precious little minds when all that is going on. Poor things!

So glad everything turned out well:thumbsup2 And yep...a flight from Germany for a dog is a very long flight. Can't imagine, but else can you do, ya know?

I'm flying down on Saturday for our February break and I cannot wait! I've already warned DH that I'll be driving up to Disney on one of the days to get my annual pass after getting my driver's license changed over! LOL! Now, will I be able to resist and not enter a park?? Hmmmmm, that's going to be tough! hahahaha! I'm guessing no. ;)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I would sooooo be doing the same thing!! No lie! I totally get it. For people like us who love Disney, it's a nobrainer. I know Emma said yall are staying at the Dolphin in June, so I'm wondering if your FL resident/AP rate would be better??? Maybe not...who knows?! And if you don't step foot in one of the parks, you're crazy!! :laughing: You have to check out the pass to make sure it works;)

And yes, I've applied to the Collier County school district which encompasses the entire Naples area. Hopefully something opens up but I'll also apply to Lee County as well for Fort Myers. If not, I can sub until something does shake loose. Their application process is so much different form Vermont's, but I've been able to sort it all out and have my licensure for both Theatre and French in Florida. Now just waiting! :)

Something will come up. I can't imagine that there is an abundance of French teachers in Florida....Spanish, yes...but French?? Doubtful. Good luck! And as you know, Naples is a very nice area in FL.

Emma was home last weekend and it was fun helping her plan her itinerary. It just makes more sense to get them up there on Thursday afternoon and give them some extra time.

We're down to 4 months now! Hooray!!!!

Nancy

Very exciting!!! He'll be hooked for sure. No worries. And this 4 months will fly by...it will be here before you know it.

First of all....that snow is so pretty but there is just no way I could deal with that. God knew what we he was doing when he put me in the south. :lmao:

Sounds like plans are coming together nicely! Yay! for getting the hotel & airfare booked! That's great that y'all will have a full day on Friday now!

Heading to Florida tomorrow morning! Can't wait! It's an early flight out of Manchester, NH and six hours later - SUNSHINE!!!!! :cool1:

Hi there!!! This is so exciting:goodvibes So glad you are sharing yall's experience with us! Looking back now, I so wish I had known you and your mom were at WDW last June...we could have met up...in the torrential downpours :laughing:

Yall make such a nice looking couple! Really! Before you showed us the picture, I was guessing that he had to be tall like you...and into sports. I have no doubt that he will love Disney World. How could he not?!! With you and your mom as the experts, he's bound for a love affair with the World:thumbsup2

Short is better than no trip at all!:thumbsup2 You don't want to overwhelm him :laughing:

My sister and her family live in CT...she sent pics last weekend of their driveway and sidewalks. They were completely covered!!!! Their snowblower/plow broke, so they had to literally shovel the snow off the sidewalk and drive. The snow was up to the kids' necks. I can't even imagine!!! However...it really is quite beautiful and peaceful looking. Probably not fun to live in...but pretty.

And yes....on a happier note...I think the Dolphin is perfect. We've actually looked into staying there because of the teacher discounts they give. The hotel looks wonderful to me, and you're right in the middle of the EP resort area...perfect location.

:thumbsup2:cool1: Always a happy moment when you add days to a WDW vacation!!! You'll be glad to get there early even if it cost a bit more. Convenience is worth the extra money.

That is stressful. Our animals are like our children. I can't imagine having to put my Yorkie on a plane...he would have had a nervous breakdown....seriously. Hope Zuzu had a safe trip :goodvibes

Like I told Emma...so glad yall are sharing this experience with all your DisFriends. Very exciting for everyone. I hope yall enjoy sunny Florida! It will certainly be different from what you're use to...but in a good way. So much to look forward to....now you'll get FL resident discounts!!! Are you going to try and get a job teaching? Good luck with everything!

Yall have a nice weekend! Stay warm:goodvibes
Heather

I know! That would have definitely made for a great Dismeet! Darn!!

Aww, thanks so much!! You're too sweet! He's such a great guy! :goodvibes I really hope he does love it!!

The snow really is awful! I'm so glad my mom is moving out of it! This way, I have a great escape! ;)

I'm so glad Zuzu got there safely! She seems to be doing alright, being a Florida panther and all!

She is safe and sound, thank goodness!! :thumbsup2 Poor kitty!

First of all....that snow is so pretty but there is just no way I could deal with that. God knew what we he was doing when he put me in the south. :lmao:

Sounds like plans are coming together nicely! Yay! for getting the hotel & airfare booked! That's great that y'all will have a full day on Friday now!

:lmao: You're too funny! I wish I could say the same, but I can definitely do without the snow!!

I know! I'm super excited!! :dance3:

Heading to Florida tomorrow morning! Can't wait! It's an early flight out of Manchester, NH and six hours later - SUNSHINE!!!!! :cool1:

:dance3: Have a wonderful trip, Mom! :dance3:

Hi everyone!

So sorry about the hiatus! :flower3: Things have been crazy busy around here with school and everything! I will be catching up on all of your TRs very shortly!!

As you may have read, Mom is leaving tomorrow (Saturday) morning to visit Step Dad in Florida! It will be her first time seeing the apartment, so I’m sure she’s really excited!! Zuzu (the kitty) is already down there, and seems to be getting used to the warmer weather!! Step Dad is enjoying his job, and the doggie (Jolie) is doing great! :thumbsup2

As far as our trip is concerned, we have been planning some here and there, and the weekend that Nemo hit us with a big storm, Mom and I sat down brainstormed a logical itinerary for a newbie. We’ve got the basic ideas and strategies down as well as our ADRs. Let me know what you think!

Ok, so let’s start it off!!

Thursday June 20, 2013
- Arriving 4:00-5:00pm
- Check in at Dolphin
- Mom will drive us to DTD for Dinner around 6:30pm (probably Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express because…YUM!)
- Say goodbye to Mom and take the bus back to the resort
- Relax, shop, walk around, swim, whatever- we really want to have a relaxing night, so we can be up early the next day!!

Friday June 21, 2013
- EPCOT EMH Morning 8:00am!
- Our Plan of Attack:
- Test Track: get FP
- Soarin: ride
- Mission Space: ride
- Test Track: ride (use FP)
- If it’s before 11:00am, do smaller rides in Future World
- 11:00am, do countries starting with Mexico and work around to Canada
- 2:10pm ADR Le Cellier in Canada
- By 4:00pm get monorail to Magic Kingdom
- 4:30pm Magic Kingdom
- Check times for Mickey
- Go left and do Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, Splash, (this is just basically getting on anything that we can before the parade.)
- Eat at Pecos Bill’s probably around 7:00pm
- Line up for the parade by 8:00pm
- 9:00pm Parade
- 10:00pm Wishes
- MK has EMH Evening until 12:00am, so after Wishes we will do whatever we can- probably head toward Fantasyland or head back to Frontierland. This one still is up for debate, but it will most likely end up being whatever we feel like at that time!

Saturday June 22, 2013
- Magic Kingdom 9:00am rope drop
- Our Plan of Attack for this park:
- Space: ride
- Buzz: ride
- TTA: ride
- Dumbo: ride
- New Fantasyland
- Relax and hang out in Fantasyland until 10:30ish
- Be Our Guest Lunch 11:00am
- Do Haunted Mansion and anything else without a line
- Then we are going to leave the park and Resort Hop:
- Wilderness Lodge,
- Contemporary,
- Grand Floridian,
- Polynesian- relax, look around, beach,
- ADR 5:10pm Ohana dinner
- 6:30pm monorail to Epcot
- 7:30pm Epcot
- Head to UK or France to watch Illuminations at 9:00pm
- Walk back to Dolphin

Sunday June 23, 2013
- DHS 9:00am rope drop
- Plan of Attack:
- TSMM: get FP
- ToT: ride
- RnRC: ride
- TSMM: use FP
- (Crossing my fingers that it will work out the same way it did last year!)
- Star Tours: either get FP or ride
- Great Movie Ride: ride
- Walk around and do whatever until 3:00pm
- 3:00pm get boat back to Dolphin
- 4:30pm shuttle to airport
- 8:10pm flight
- Home 11:05pm
SO! There it is! Our tentative schedule! We still need a lunch option on Sunday. I’m wondering if I should try to get an ADR at Sci-Fi? Or maybe 50’s Prime Time?? I know the counter service options aren’t great in DHS, but I’m also cautious about a table service because I don’t want to lose valuable park time! Ahhh, the decisions!!

And since there weren’t any pictures in this update, I know this is a few weeks late, but here are the leftovers from Nemo:

IMG_1613_zps355750aa.jpg

IMG_1614_zps452b7828.jpg

Fun, huh?? Yeah, not so much! I fell three times trying to get to the bottom of this! LOL! It’s now called “Ramp of Death.”

Also, pre-Nemo, I took some more photos of our little lake! I think they came out ok, considering it was an iPhone!

IMG_1543_zps65d75df8.jpg

IMG_1542_zpsa9990213.jpg

IMG_1541_zps93145e23.jpg

IMG_1540_zps68de31ca.jpg

IMG_1539_zps38541c54.jpg

IMG_1537_zpsda19508d.jpg

Sigh, things were much simpler when there was no snow.

But we also got this:

IMG_0107_zps401e83d7.jpg

Which makes me really happy!

Until next time!

IMG_1595_zpsbc083772.jpg

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter