— July 2018 Check-In

First time for us too! :yay:We’re New Yorkers (and frequent WDW visitors) taking our kids for a 10 day Cali trip, stopping at DL for two days, staying at GC July 5th-7th. With it finally being May, it actually seems close now! Can’t wait!

Still trying to decide our exact dates but should be there July 18th-21st-ish! It will be myself, my Dh and our 6 yr old son. We have been to WDW multiple times but this will be our FIRST time to DL!!! So excited! And bonus that our beloved Astros are playing the Angels while we are there so plan on seeing them as well!

We are still in the planning stages but are looking at 9-12 or 10-13. I'd like to avoid the 4th and 17th.
July 23-26 or 24-27 are also possibilities.

June 30 to July 4 :)

This will be our first July 4 in a Disney park. I'm wondering if they will show fireworks special for the holiday or stick to the Pixar theme? Either way is great, but it would be great if we got to see both shows in one trip. I'm currently waiting to see what kind of F! dining packages open in early July and plan to watch fireworks from our place near the Rivers of America after the first F! show.

June 30 to July 4 :)

This will be our first July 4 in a Disney park. I'm wondering if they will show fireworks special for the holiday or stick to the Pixar theme?..

DL usually shows special patriotic fireworks for the 4th of July. Some years they start showing them as early as July 1st and go through the 4th. Last year, I think they showed them only on the 4th.

Hi there! I am surprising my kiddos (DD 11 and DS 7) with a trip July 2-6th. I am a bit nervous about being in the park over the 4th (crowds) but SO EXCITED. It's our third trip. Does anyone know when the Fantasmic! Dining packages will be available in July. The rest of the reservations are open, but not F!.

Wow, we just booked for July 21-28 in SoCal!! We rented a VRBO house in Anahrim with a family from Boston (my high school bff & her family), we’re coming from Chicagoland. This will be our 18th trip with our 2 kids to DL, my friend’s family, their first. I feel like we’ll be visiting a whole new DL!! Crazy since the last visit was Feb 2017.

I am NOT looking forward to heat & crowds, but we get to go to DL, and with great friends. And, when you only have 1 common week to work with, you go to the happiest place on earth!

I’ll be scouring the boards again to get caught up. Just starting to read up on MaxPass ... ugh! Our friends go to WDW every year - excited to show thrm why we prefer D!!

We decided to extend our time in Anaheim so July 18-24 for us! We were going to do 3 nights in Anaheim and stay near beach for 2 or 3 nights but after pricing hotels :crazy2: just decided to make Candy Cane Inn our home base and make a couple day trips to beach. Also decided to do 5 day hoppers instead of 3 days so we can pop over in the evenings if we feel like it. :goodvibes

Tomorrow is 60 days for us - trying to make some decisions about dining/show packages tonight in case anything is bookable tomorrow!

Tomorrow is 60 days for us - trying to make some decisions about dining/show packages tonight in case anything is bookable tomorrow!
It looks like we are there at the same time and they still haven't released Fantasmic dining packages for July. Hopefully soon:bored:

It looks like we are there at the same time and they still haven't released Fantasmic dining packages for July. Hopefully soon:bored:

Got a World of Color dining package for Monday night, but hopefully am getting a lunch one tomorrow and dropping the dinner.

Are there ANY WoC packages where you can sit & watch? That's why we were one-and-done after seeing it once many years ago. Seriously, the standing, at the end of a nonstop day, was WAY too much for the kids, then they couldn't see, because people put kids on shoulders, etc., one of our LEAST fave experiences of 17 trips to DL/DCA. That was after a WOC dining package at Wine Country Trattoria, nice section, but got super crowded, super fast & not pleasant. But, traveling with friends, they'd definitely enjoy it, but I'm thinking we WON'T if we have to stand ... again. We're the ones who run to DL during WoC to ride rides instead, same with fantasmic ... can get a lot of rides in while everyone else is watching :-)

Yes, the World of Color dessert party. $80 per person. I would be the one person who did not enjoy this because we had cast members talking through the entire show while standing behind us. It was a lot of money to listen to people talking. The seats were great, the food was good, and it was nice to have this, but three of us were so distracted by the talking (and yelling so they could hear each other over the music) that it was a major bummer. My daughter said something to one of them, and got a shrug. We never got around to filing a complaint because we didn't catch their names.

Are there ANY WoC packages where you can sit & watch? That's why we were one-and-done after seeing it once many years ago. Seriously, the standing, at the end of a nonstop day, was WAY too much for the kids, then they couldn't see, because people put kids on shoulders, etc., one of our LEAST fave experiences of 17 trips to DL/DCA. That was after a WOC dining package at Wine Country Trattoria, nice section, but got super crowded, super fast & not pleasant. But, traveling with friends, they'd definitely enjoy it, but I'm thinking we WON'T if we have to stand ... again. We're the ones who run to DL during WoC to ride rides instead, same with fantasmic ... can get a lot of rides in while everyone else is watching :-)
We did the WOC dessert party and it was amazing! Having a seat for the show made all the difference in the world! It’s not something we can afford to do every trio but it’s definitely worth doing!

Fantasmic packages are bookable!

So far we have:
7/9 RBT Fantasmic dinner
7/10 WCT World of Color lunch
7/11 Plaza Pixar Parade Lunch (planning on Paint the Night this night)
Booking the new Storyteller's Cafe character breakfast for our final morning before our 2pm flight.

Only :crazy2: to all these packages...DD is 10. Sigh. Adult prices. Hopefully wellw be able to apply the 10% DVC discount that is listed for most of them...I'm trying to find the small print to see if show packages are excluded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter