“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are at Epcot today and they moved the party indoors. We have reservations for Monday night and it looks like it will rain. Can we cancel without penalty if they move it indoors. We really only did the party for the reserved seating and it’s my understanding there is no seating if the party is moved indoors.

You can ask, but the policy says no last minute cancellation. That said, never hurts to ask. If it were me, I’d either cancel now or go.

So we are at Epcot today and they moved the party indoors. We have reservations for Monday night and it looks like it will rain. Can we cancel without penalty if they move it indoors. We really only did the party for the reserved seating and it’s my understanding there is no seating if the party is moved indoors.
I wouldn't cancel now. Having lived in Central Florida for decades, I can assure you that forecasts change a lot. I'd take full advantage of the 24 hour cancellation policy.

I wouldn't cancel now. Having lived in Central Florida for decades, I can assure you that forecasts change a lot. I'd take full advantage of the 24 hour cancellation policy.
Thanks Fastpasser for responding. Yea, we plan to see what forecast says tomorrow. And then we may go and ask and see what our options are before the cancellation window is up. We are from South Florida and know all too well that forecasts change all too quickly. If they say no exceptions, then we may just cancel. Keeping our hopes up for now. Thanks again!

I should’ve been clearer - definitely don’t cancel until you’re close to the 24 hr mark! Fingers crossed for you that the weather holds up. This is a great dessert buffet but I wouldn’t want to do it inside either.

Thanks everyone. Tomorrow is looking to be a washout in the Afternoon so we decided to cancel. Disappointed, but didn’t want to waste the money for reserved seating if there is a risk there won’t be any. I appreciate all the feedback. There will be other trips

Outdoor its tables of 4. Indoors its tables of 8-10.
So unless you're a full table you'll likely be sharing a table with others.
You have to weigh if that is a deal breaker for you.
We were indoors as a party of 2.
We did talk to a couple table mates but mostly each group kept to themselves.
I'm doing it again in July so it didn't phase me enough to not do it again.

we were a party of 2 myself and my teenage grandson, we shared a table with 2 women from Ohio, and we didn't have a problem with it. ours was also outside

I completely understand. While it’s fine for a lot of people, some people just don’t like being at a table with strangers. I’d prefer to sit at our own table, but my grandson is a chatty type, loves meeting people and will talk to anyone. So for me, I’ll put up with it. I actually, almost enjoyed it. lol

Have you considered the dessert buffet for the MK? The terrace view gives you tables to sit at and you don’t share as far as I know. The garden view you definitely don’t share, but viewing is not seated.

Ah alright, thanks! I didn't realize this. Thank you all for sharing that information! I'll have to discuss this with the hubs and see if it's still something we want to do. Normally, I wouldn't mind too much. But this was supposed to be part of our anniversary celebration, so sharing wouldn't be ideal for us. I'm quirky in that I'm very introverted, but I'm anxious about having my shyness appear rude or unfriendly. So, I feel like I might stress out over sharing, and not enjoy the experience that I paid for as much I should. Most likely, we'll just stick to the party at MK instead.

Thanks everyone. Tomorrow is looking to be a washout in the Afternoon so we decided to cancel. Disappointed, but didn’t want to waste the money for reserved seating if there is a risk there won’t be any. I appreciate all the feedback. There will be other trips

I don’t blame you, I’ll be watching the weather on my trip too. I’m planning on a quick trip to see the last Illuminations show ( waiting impatiently for them to announce a date) so it’s not a must do this trip. I really don’t want to dine indoors or stand in the rain to see the show. Sorry about the bad luck on weather.

Ah alright, thanks! I didn't realize this. Thank you all for sharing that information! I'll have to discuss this with the hubs and see if it's still something we want to do. Normally, I wouldn't mind too much. But this was supposed to be part of our anniversary celebration, so sharing wouldn't be ideal for us. I'm quirky in that I'm very introverted, but I'm anxious about having my shyness appear rude or unfriendly. So, I feel like I might stress out over sharing, and not enjoy the experience that I paid for as much I should. Most likely, we'll just stick to the party at MK instead.

I wouldn’t worry about this if I were you; I’ve done this dessert party in November ‘17 with my then fiancée now wife, after a great dinner at Narcoossee’s on the day we got engaged, so we wanted to share that day with just the two of us and weren’t looking into interacting with other guests as well. We were seated at a table with another couple and everybody was facing the fireworks so we felt like we were just by ourselves, we almost didn’t see the other couple.

So for a special celebration like your anniversary, you should be fine ‘in your own bubble’. Hope you have fun!

I wouldn’t worry about this if I were you; I’ve done this dessert party in November ‘17 with my then fiancée now wife, after a great dinner at Narcoossee’s on the day we got engaged, so we wanted to share that day with just the two of us and weren’t looking into interacting with other guests as well. We were seated at a table with another couple and everybody was facing the fireworks so we felt like we were just by ourselves, we almost didn’t see the other couple.

So for a special celebration like your anniversary, you should be fine ‘in your own bubble’. Hope you have fun!

That sounds like such a wonderful day! :-) Thank you for sharing your experience! I'll definitely keep this in mind while pondering whether or not to go. I still have time since they haven't released any August dates yet. :flower3:

While some may be able to work around it or tolerate it, for those who are really uncomfortable sharing a table, I'd skip the FEA and SW dessert parties because there's a good chance that it will happen. Why settle for a less than perfect party experience?

I was asked more than once by Guests sharing a table with Guests who wanted no part of it, if there was anything we could do. Usually, there are a few empty tables available for such instances, so there is an option, but they are the stand up tables and don't have chairs.

I would like July 23 but there is nothing in July open when I look. Tried refresh, going out and back in, new browser - it doesn't change. I'll keep an eye on it, hopefully it will open up for me soon.

Unfortunately the dessert party does not happen on Tuesdays so you're out of luck there.
I'm wanting the 24th but it keeps saying no availability so my guess is its not bookable yet and when they actually do open bookings we will all see dates in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter