!0 year old nephew got earring

I went to Wal Wart today and saw many mullets. Shiver. And again, where there is a mullet, there is bound to be a little boy with his ear pierced.

Whatever floats your trailer. I mean your boat.

hentob said:
I went to Wal Wart today and saw many mullets. Shiver. And again, where there is a mullet, there is bound to be a little boy with his ear pierced.

Whatever floats your trailer. I mean your boat.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jeff in BigD said:
:earseek:

Ok, a mullet is the WT hair cut that's short on the top, long in the back (or "business in the front, party in the back")

Here's a prime example of a mullet:
landscaper_small.jpg
Mulllets are just disgusting. The kid that wears an earring in DD's class also has a mullet. Double yuck!

totalia said:
It will grow in when he gets tired of it. Same with girls.

People always say that it will gorw in if a child changes their mind later in life. I am 33 and haven't worn an earring in my 2nd or 3rd ear piercng since I was in high school...but I could if I chose to because neither ever grew in.

Live and let live... if your sis and your nephew love the earring then I think that great for them.. doesn't hurt anyone.

Personally I don't like earrings on men/boys (well except Captain Jake Sparrow ;) ) but it's okay for 10 year old girls to have earrings than why is it too young for a 10 year old boy?

Beth76 said:
I think any jewelry on a man (or boy) is tacky--except a watch or wedding ring.

I agree with this. No chains, no rings except a simple gold college ring maybe but no diamond rings (ick). Men in jewelry are just yuck to me!
A lot of the guys who play basketball at our college wear earrings, well, I take that back-I suppose it is mostly the black guys--and it looks better on them except they wear thos honking big cubic zirconias! :earseek: :rolleyes:

If I see (and it is rare) a liitle boy in an earring, I think the same thing CamColt thinks.

Smartest guy in my college class had one. It was hot on him. Rumor had it that he had a couple of earrings elsewhere, as well. I say that if it works with your personality, you should just go with it. :)

Wow, thanks for all the great feedback. It's really wonderful to get so many opinions.

1) I think the most important thing for me is to keep my agreement to stay quiet and say nothing. It's a) definitely none of my business b) his parents approved and they're the one's whose opinion count.

Saying that, however, my personal opinion is that I don't like it. I don't have any kids, but if I did, I can never see me allowing one of them to get one. For one, I just don't like jewelry on men. Most importantly though, is his age. I think it's a bad precedent to set...what will he want later? I also think it looks tacky.

Socially, I'm just a very conservative person. It's so funny because my sister is just the opposite. I sometimes wonder how we can be sisters. :flower1:

:earseek: Are you kidding?!?!? Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think earrings on boys are just hideous!!!!!!

I have not read this whole thread...but I can top a 10 year old!

I coach gymnastics and the 2 year old BOY I was coaching yesterday had a earring, I checked and it is definatly pierced! I could not believe it!

Personally, I think earings on men is sexy, always have and always will. DH has his ear pierced (has since high school) but has NEVER EVER worn an earing around me, I've tried, I even said "if I get you a diamond would you wear it?" His response, NO, guess he's over that phase, LOL!!

Now, would I let my DS who is 8 get one, NO, probably not until he is older. I have enough problems with DS wanting a mohawk. :earseek:

I haven't read all the replies and sure I will get flamed for this one, but as someone who works in a school system, people make preconceived judgements of kids with pierced ears. You can argue the point till you are blue in the face, but that is just the way it is. I'm not saying it is right or wrong. Personally I don't see it as a big deal, he can always not wear it and it will close up. Not like a tatoo or nose piercing that leaves a permanant red mark.

I cannot believe so many people are all upset over this. Just because a kid gets an earring at a young age, doesn't mean he'll necessarily want (or be allowed to get) other piercings/tattoos, etc. later. Have you all ever heard the advice "Pick your battles"?

My ds got his ear pierced at 5, and no, we aren't "trailer trash" and there's not a mullet in sight here. :rolleyes:

I don't like seeing earrings on little boys...not a huge fan on grown up guys either really...but at least they are adults and have that choice then...
If I had a son - it would be No Way until you are an adult!

All the boys playing football in the road where I live happen to have rings in both ears.

Prefacing this by saying this is my own personal opinion (with which DH agrees).

A boy of 10, IMHO, is too young to make this type of a decision. I do not like them and I seriously doubt I would allow my son to have any piercings until he was older and able to make an "adult" decision. No matter how old he was I would not like it, but there will come a time in his life where what I say won't be the deciding factor, but until that time it is my right to say no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter