******* 10/14/08 Booking...questions, Hold Time, Prices, What Did You Get???

Congrats, we booked our first cruise in Feb 2008 and sailed Sept 2008, lots of planning and meeting people from your cruise meet, its awesome!!!

Really wasn't that bad. Its $22k for the 4 of us. It was $20k for the Med cruise and this is a day longer. It would cost that much for two rooms with balconies. Our kids are in college now so we don't share a room anymore on that long of a cruise. We are probably going to let each one bring a friend since we have the room. They are really excited (well, as excited as college kids will show you!).

CONGRATULATIONS!!! When you compare it to all the other prices people have been quoted...that sounds like a bargain. :goodvibes

3timeCruiser - It's an amazing price! We've got 2 Cat 4s booked on the 7/6/10 Baltic, 5 people (3 adults, 2 kids) and it's $26K!

Just got a look at my booking from my TA. I have a SPH!!!! for the 11 night southern carribbean for Dec. 18th, 2010. There are three people in this room and it was almost 8K, with the 10 percent onboard booking discount. OUCH!!!!!!!! LOL.

i changed from feb 2009 spr 5522 to the halloween cruise, 7 night western 2010, and saved money as well. got kept spr 5522. cost was about 380 dollars cheaper for us. VERY happy with this.:cool1:
never been on a halloween cruise before. we will be traveling with no kids. not sure how crowded with children it may be. we don't mind children so should be okay.:)

Changed my July 2009 over to a 5 day Key West July 20 2010...for 2 adults one child it came to a little over 4,500 for a cat. 9...im trying to tell myself its $500 less than we were spending on the 7 day and we are going to have an extra weekend in Florida to do the parks...but i still wish it was a 7 day.

Got right through at 7:45 pm Eastern.

7-Night Eastern, Feb 13th (Pres week/ school vacation)
2 adult, 1 child, category 6 $5425

Huge thanks to my DU agent, Tracy, who secured my first choice for cruise and category: 06/24 12-Night Baltic in Category 5.

Hope the agents can take some deep breaths tomorrow.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

IC Request honored! Back to Back, baby!

We are on the 7/18/2010 Baltic and the 7/30/2010 Repo in my aft Cat 3. My DW doesn't want to know the price and I don't care. I'll organize my savings plan tomorrow.

Kudos to my TA who hounded his reps to make sure it happened.

Bill

You are so lucky!

Sorry for the delayed update. I finally got through about 10:15 eastern and got my booking for the Eastern TA. Unfortunately the secret portholes were gone, but otherwise I was happy with the end result.

Hope everyone else was able to get through.

Hey, that's what I booked :yay: (category 11, not 5 though)

Hi!:wave2: Has anyone started a meet thread for our cruise yet? We can't be the only 2 going! I forgot. Which is a category 11? Is that an inside stateroom? I can't do that, unfortunately. I get claustrophobic. I'd like to do an oceanview rather than verrandah, but most of the oceanviews seem to be at the front of the ship and I get seasick there.:sick: So we have to fork out the $$$ for cat 5. It's hard because I am budget minded like you wouldn't believe.

we booked the halloween 7 night western for 2 adults and a child in a cat 11 for 1756 :)
gotta love that floridian resident discount :banana:

We booked a 4-night Bahamian cruise on the Wonder for late April 2010 in a Cat 5 room.

:woohoo:
We got a 7nt Western departing 10-30-08.
2 Adult, 2 kids (10 & 13)
Cat. 9
$3621

I looked at the 5 nt. dd's and xmas. They were outrageous! Luckily our kids are always off the 1st Th. & Fri in Nov. for teacher's convention in AC and usually coincides with Election Day too.

To put in perspective, we booked our 1st 7 nt. Eastern back in 10/05, sailing Feb 07. $3400 (still 2 ad, 2 kids, cat 9)

Rebooked onboard for Thanksgiving 08, $3900 w/ 10% + $200 obc from DCL, + $200 obc from TA

Booked another 7 nt. Western for Oct. 2009, (still 2a, 2c, cat 9) for $3400.

For 4 cruises now it's still fluctuating around $3500!!

I called CC line (no wait) to check on a 2009 reservation, and I asked about our 2010 waitlist. I was very nice and pleasant (they tend to reciprocate and I know they like being treated nicely just like I do). She looked it up and we had one! Scary, because we are heading out tomorrow to WDW for a few days and they hadn't called us, and she said the reservation would have expired tomorrow with no deposit. What if they had called when we were unaccessible for a long time!

We got a category 3 on the July 18 Northern Europe 12 night.:cool1:

We booked a category 3 for 2009 (late) and it was expensive for the 7 nights. This 12 night ends up being half the cost when you calculate it on a per night basis. OK, I know, then we have to add airfare that is about $1900 per person.

So if you haven't heard yet, try calling the CC line 1-800-449-3380.

After over 3 hours of trying this morning (I started just before 8am!) we got a Cat 8 porthole room, 5014. for 4 of us (2 adults, a 8 and a 5 yo) it came to $12,000. But I also got a substantial shipboard credit, so, I am thrilled.:banana:

I was really panicing this AM, when the Baltics kept saying there were no dates available, thought it sold out too quick! BUt then I kept on (I was going to give up and try for the TA) and finally got through...

Not without problems, though, would get to a point and told "can't put through your ressie" "call your travel agent" etc.

Would have loved to have a verandah again, but I am on the ship, and have an extra year to pay for it...

DU got us Cat10 SPH 5 night Bahamian w/Key West on 8/3 w/ taxes, fees, port charges,ground transfers,and trip insurance for $3545. With airfare (which I will probably get on my own) it would be $4319. This is for 2 of us (DD and me). Deposit is $200 with a $75 credit. Our stateroom is 5024. I got the e-mail with details at 2:15 this afternoon. They must be exhausted!

I am not sure in all the confusion if I got to post what I Got!

We were going to do back to back cruises but even booking online right at 8am the site was giving my laptop issues. My mother was able to get in using hers and they charged us double the deposit but we got booked.

We booked for only one of the 5 day cruises on the Wonder because the prices were outrageously HIGH!

So we got:

July 11, 2010 Double Dip 5 day cruise on the Wonder

Cat 6 Port Side Midship 6076. for 2 adults $4500 Yikes! We have 2 years to pay for it but its for my Mother's birthday so it will be fun!

I started a meet thread if anyone wants to come join on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter