******* 10/14/08 Booking...questions, Hold Time, Prices, What Did You Get???

my grandma and mom have decided that they would like to go with us as well on the transatlantic eastbound. would there be any sort of discount for booking 2 rooms??? right now there are 2 connecting rooms online but i have a reservation to transfer. so i am going to sleep praying that those rooms are still there when i call them at 8 in the morning.

amanda

my grandma and mom have decided that they would like to go with us as well on the transatlantic eastbound. would there be any sort of discount for booking 2 rooms??? right now there are 2 connecting rooms online but i have a reservation to transfer. so i am going to sleep praying that those rooms are still there when i call them at 8 in the morning.

amanda

No, there is on discount for booking 2 rooms. DCL is so family oriented that they'd be giving out a LOT of discounts to parties with more than one room! Discounts start, I believe, at 8 or 10 rooms.

we got this am online a cat 10 2 adults WB repo; w air and ins. I had to wait till today as DH got paid!

No, there is on discount for booking 2 rooms. DCL is so family oriented that they'd be giving out a LOT of discounts to parties with more than one room! Discounts start, I believe, at 8 or 10 rooms.

thank you very much when i was looking last night it was quoting the first room more than the sec room for the same amount of people so i wonder if the second had put them into another tier price.

however, i called this morning and was able to get 2 connecting rooms for us. it will be me, dd5, aunt, mom, and grandma

amanda

IMO the rates for the WB aren't bad. This is for 2A2K no air or ins...showing on the site at 8:26 am ET.

Category 04 $ 8,406.92

Category 05 $ 8,206.92

Category 06 $ 7,986.92

Category 08 $ 6,166.92

Category 09 $ 5,966.92

Category 10 $ 5,046.92

Category 11 $ 4,686.92

Sorry I didn't have online access yesterday, but I agree with you; we were very pleased with the prices!

This was our experience: DH called the reg DCL number right at 8 am yesterday. Never got through. I called the Castaway Cay DCL number. Got 10 minutes of busy signals, then finally a ring and hold time. Hold time was given as 11 minutes. Think they answered in < 15. We got our stateroom that we wanted, at a price which I thought was great, all before 8:30 am yesterday.

2A (no kids). 9/18/10, WB TA repo, Cat 3, cruise and fees only (no ins, air, xfers, hotels) $8645.46

Thanks, I have been reading this thread and feeling guilty that we had so little trouble getting what we wanted.

I am ashamed to say that we actually paid $7792 for a Cat 3 for a 7-night Western this past May (booked on the first day dates became available 1/31/07). The WB TA seems like a bargain in comparison.

I have just been on the DCL site, see next page
The only Baltic cruise I can get prices on is this one:-

2010baltic.jpg

Now some cabins might be out with TA's and might get returned to stock so availability might show in 24 hours,

But look at the prices now!

This is the first time I've posted to the cruise thread but.... this is the first time I've booked a Disney cruise!!!! :cool1: Ok, it's also the first time I've booked ANY cruise EVER :scared1:

I got the transatlantic EB April 10 cruise - and I have the stateroom (deck 6- cat. 11) all to myself. :banana: :banana:

I do know two couples going though so I'm not completely insane. I also plan on booking a weekend cruise on Disney this next year just to get my feet "wet" so to speak. :rotfl2:

Now, to me the funny part is... that I have a trip to a location but no way home :laughing: -- I'll worry about that part later.

Anyway, I had to share as I am SO excited. :woohoo:

This is the first time I've posted to the cruise thread but.... this is the first time I've booked a Disney cruise!!!! :cool1: Ok, it's also the first time I've booked ANY cruise EVER :scared1:

I got the transatlantic EB April 10 cruise - and I have the stateroom (deck 6- cat. 11) all to myself. :banana: :banana:

I do know two couples going though so I'm not completely insane. I also plan on booking a weekend cruise on Disney this next year just to get my feet "wet" so to speak. :rotfl2:

Now, to me the funny part is... that I have a trip to a location but no way home :laughing: -- I'll worry about that part later.

Congrats!:cloud9:

I have just been on the DCL site, I cannot get any reservations to come up for my 07/18 cruise with or without kids so appearers at this time to be sold out.

The only Baltic cruise I can get prices on is this one:-

2010baltic.jpg

Now some cabins might be out with TA's and might get returned to stock so availability might show in 24 hours,

But look at the prices now!

Funny...I just checked the DCL site and the 7/18/10 cruise came up for me with 2A1C (age 16) The prices are the same as they were yesterday afternoon.

They now have the 2 baltic itineraries listed separate. So make sure you have selected the one to Helsinki or Estonia... the same thing happened to me earlier. :)

Any idea how the inventory is moving??? Better or worse than expected??

Any idea how the inventory is moving??? Better or worse than expected??

I'm not sure how it's moving, in general, but the Cat. 11s are sold out (they are in GTY status) on the Eastbound TA. The price, however, has not gone up.

We cancelled our double dip 5 night Wonder Cruise tonight. Instead we are doing a 7 day eastern AND a 7 Night Western in January 2010 we couldn't pass up the # of days at the price we were given.

We are in the same SPH room for both cruises and we get 5 ports, plus 2 days at CC and 5 days at sea! For about $150 more then we were paying for 5 nights so it was a no brainer!

32 minutes trying to call DCL reservations at 5am PST, busy signal.
2 hours and 19 minutes on hold...

Result:

Just booked the 11 day Med cruise for May 15, 2010. Cat 10 at $7100.

Waste of time for me...we are still on deck 2. I will have to call every now and then to try to get a higher deck.

Congratulations! You will love cruising with Disney. And I know some great folks who will be on your cruise, so be sure to find the thread on the cruise meets section of this forum. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter