******* 10/14/08 Booking...questions, Hold Time, Prices, What Did You Get???

I'm not sure how it's moving, in general, but the Cat. 11s are sold out (they are in GTY status) on the Eastbound TA. The price, however, has not gone up.

That's one thing I've noticed as well. The prices have not increased as rapidly as they did with the West Coast cruises.

We booked a Cat. 11 room and were given our stateroom number (7625). Is there any chance that we get upgraded or will we stay put in this room since it is not listed as QTY?

I forgot to post what we got, too.

We booked the 10nt. Med. 5/26. 2 adults, 2 kids (5 and 2).
Cat. 11 (deck 7) $6570
Cat. 11 for just 2 adults (my parents) $4800

I really felt like these prices weren't too bad. I've not compared to other cruises yet (since we have such young ones going) but I know we spent $3900 for a Cat. 4 on the 5 day double dip this year.

32 minutes trying to call DCL reservations at 5am PST, busy signal.
2 hours and 19 minutes on hold...

Result:

Just booked the 11 day Med cruise for May 15, 2010. Cat 10 at $7100.

Waste of time for me...we are still on deck 2. I will have to call every now and then to try to get a higher deck.

Really? Earlier today when I was checking prices (out of curiosity as we are already booked for that cruise) it showed at least a category 4, 5, 6 (I think there were more but I didn't double check). This was with 2A2K.

I forgot to post what we got, too.

We booked the 10nt. Med. 5/26. 2 adults, 2 kids (5 and 2).
Cat. 11 (deck 7) $6570
Cat. 11 for just 2 adults (my parents) $4800

I really felt like these prices weren't too bad. I've not compared to other cruises yet (since we have such young ones going) but I know we spent $3900 for a Cat. 4 on the 5 day double dip this year.

Deck 7? We should have got a cat 11 and saved alittle money!!

2 adults and 1 3 yr old for $71,50. (approx)

Really? Earlier today when I was checking prices (out of curiosity as we are already booked for that cruise) it showed at least a category 4, 5, 6 (I think there were more but I didn't double check). This was with 2A2K.

What is 2A2K?

We have 2 adults and 1 3 yr old and did book another cruise on while onboard the Mexican Riviera cruise to save the 10%. I had to call instead of booking online the Med cruise because i wanted to change our existing resiveration to the Med.

Anyone check our flights? How many days prior is everyone planning arriving in Barcelona?

2A2K = 2 adults & 2 kids :)

10-4, thanks.

Cant wait! DW is already researching the ports.

Also, when I logged in the DCL website the first 2 ports showed sea days instead. Anyone elso see the same thing? Did they change the itinerary change or a website typo.

Also, when I logged in the DCL website the first 2 ports showed sea days instead. Anyone elso see the same thing? Did they change the itinerary change or a website typo.[/QUOTE]

I am wondering this also. On cruise reservation page it shows sea days, but on general description of cruises page it shows ports on those days...

Also, when I logged in the DCL website the first 2 ports showed sea days instead. Anyone elso see the same thing? Did they change the itinerary change or a website typo.

I am wondering this also. On cruise reservation page it shows sea days, but on general description of cruises page it shows ports on those days...[/QUOTE]

Confusing...

On "My Reservation" it shows Sea Days day 2,3 and 4.
On "My Cruise Plans" it shows Sea Day for day 2, but days 3 & 4 it says nothing. No Sea Day or port.
On "My Disney Cruise" a Sea Day for day 2, Malta for day 3 and Tunsia day 4.

???????????????????????????????

I am wondering this also. On cruise reservation page it shows sea days, but on general description of cruises page it shows ports on those days...

Confusing...

On "My Cruise Plans" it shows Sea Day for day 2, but days 3 & 4 it says nothing. No Sea Day or port.

???????????????????????????????[/QUOTE]

i think the system is having a bit of a meltdown - At least I hope so, as last night my 11 night Christmas cruise was spending almost every dayat St Maarten!!!:rotfl:

Confusing...

???????????????????????????????[

i think the system is having a bit of a meltdown - At least I hope so, as last night my 11 night Christmas cruise was spending almost every dayat St Maarten!!!:rotfl:

That's ok, our Baltics cruise shows us at sea every day. :scared1:

We booked a Cat. 11 room and were given our stateroom number (7625). Is there any chance that we get upgraded or will we stay put in this room since it is not listed as QTY?

Everyone has the possiblity of an upgrade. Sometimes those in GTY cabins will get the upgrade and sometimes DCL will upgrade those with assigned staterooms to make room in the category for the GTY passengers. There really is no rhyme or reason as to how it is done. It is completely random.

We have been upgraded with a GTY and not upgraded with a GTY. We've also been upgraded with an assigned stateroom and vice versa. Upgrades are not nearly as common as they would seem from reading these boards. A lot will have to do with how full the ship is. I would expect to sail in the cabin you booked and then keep your fingers crossed for some pixie dust!

Well, the hub put the kabosh on spending $18K for the cruise plus who knows how much for flights and excursions. He figured it would cost about $25-30K and said...um, I don't think it's a good idea. So, there will be a sideways cat.3 becoming available by tonight. It's 8046 and I read that it is under the ping pong tables so it might not be so desirable. (Hub did not like that fact at all - he's so spoiled :rotfl: )

Well, the hub put the kabosh on spending $18K for the cruise plus who knows how much for flights and excursions. He figured it would cost about $25-30K and said...um, I don't think it's a good idea. So, there will be a sideways cat.3 becoming available by tonight. It's 8046 and I read that it is under the ping pong tables so it might not be so desirable. (Hub did not like that fact at all - he's so spoiled :rotfl: )

Sorry to hear that. It is not fun being under the ping pong tables though, so I feel your pain. What cruise were you on that you'll be cancelling?

Hi!:wave2: Has anyone started a meet thread for our cruise yet? We can't be the only 2 going! I forgot. Which is a category 11? Is that an inside stateroom? I can't do that, unfortunately. I get claustrophobic. I'd like to do an oceanview rather than verrandah, but most of the oceanviews seem to be at the front of the ship and I get seasick there.:sick: So we have to fork out the $$$ for cat 5. It's hard because I am budget minded like you wouldn't believe.

Haven't seen a cruise meet for our dates yet but I might just need to look harder.

Yes, 11 is an inside room. I hate it (our last cruise was in a 6 with a verandah) but it's the only way this is going to happen so we will deal.

Hi!:wave2: Has anyone started a meet thread for our cruise yet? We can't be the only 2 going! I forgot. Which is a category 11? Is that an inside stateroom? I can't do that, unfortunately. I get claustrophobic. I'd like to do an oceanview rather than verrandah, but most of the oceanviews seem to be at the front of the ship and I get seasick there.:sick: So we have to fork out the $$$ for cat 5. It's hard because I am budget minded like you wouldn't believe.

If you truly want an oceanview that's more aft, all of deck 2 is oceanview cat. 9 from bow to stern. We love deck 2 aft. Very quiet and peaceful, close to laundry if you want it, a short stroll to Ocean Quest if you have kids that age, and a quick elevator ride to the deck 9 drink station.

We feel it's the perfect compromise between an inside and a verandah. ymmv. :goodvibes

Sorry you're cancelling.

We were in 8034 once and we heard those ping pong balls all day long. And a teen dance party at 11pm one night. And, well, I could go on. But, with that said, we're booked in 8534 for a Baltic, so obviously we're willing to overlook the flaws!

If you truly want an oceanview that's more aft, all of deck 2 is oceanview cat. 9 from bow to stern. We love deck 2 aft. Very quiet and peaceful, close to laundry if you want it, a short stroll to Ocean Quest if you have kids that age, and a quick elevator ride to the deck 9 drink station.

We feel it's the perfect compromise between an inside and a verandah. ymmv. :goodvibes

That does sound perfect. We love being aft. I don't get motion sick at all while in the aft part of the ship. I can't be at the front of the ship though though.:confused3 I'm glad there is a laundry on the 2nd floor. We picked 7th floor because there is a laundry there. I'm off to check prices for cat 9's. Thanks for the tip!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter