100 day cheat free challenge... anyone up for it? edited 1/28 for more challengers

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
There are so many of us coming back to WISH, and others that have been strong on WISH, how about we set up our own personal challenges? Whatever you think you need, set the goal to accomplish it, cheat free for 100 days.

Ok, McDonalds is my downfall, I have decided to skip eating at Mcdonalds for 100 days. That is my challenge. tommorow is day 1 for me, since I had some today :rolleyes: (Not day 1 for healthy lifestyle, that I started today and will not have another day 1 again! but this is for the cheat free challenge)

Who's up for joining me on their own challenge?

Challenger and cheat free goal list! We can do this! :cheer2:

PRINCESS VIJA...........McDonalds
kimwim8....................McDonalds
Wbgirl.......................soda
ZerasPride.................sugar free chocolates
sarahsmom73.............Chocolate
Desiree.....................No bad snacky foods (chips or chocolates) or sodas
cobbler.....................pop free.
snowball22................McDonalds or pop
taekwondo mom.........all junk food regular chips, choc. and other sweets
2angelsinheaven.........no soda or salt
cra-z-4-dizney...........NO SODA
Aspen...................... No Soda AND chocolate
robyn323 ..................No McDonalds
MomOf2DisneyKids......have coffee, have it w/skim milk and splenda and NO food from DunkinDonuts
bubie2.5....................No junk food
lmhall2000 .................french fries and white bread
hunter0499.................No carbs and no sweets
mickmse ....................No soda and no french fries
keenercam .................not going over WW points
wiskband ...................No chocolate, except low carb

I like the way you think! I'm gonna copy cat & say I won't eat McDonalds for 100 days too.

(Gotta get out the calendar to see what date that brings me to! ;))

ETA - Looks like April 10th....easy to remember...I can celebrate the end of tax season with McDonalds (if I still want it)!

I think I'll use soda as my cheat free, because I'm weak when it comes to pop. Looks like I'll be sticking to water, juice, or milk. :D God luck to everyone on there goals!!!

I'll join up. I love challenges. I just have to figure out what I am willing to give up for 100 days. I want it to be something meaningful that will help with my weight loss goal but not so unreachably difficult that I will get frustrated and cheat. Let me think about this for a bit and I'll be back to post what I'm giving up for 100 days.

What a great challenge idea!!!!!

Edited to add: since we're starting today, I had better make up my mind quick!

Edited edited to add: I thought about it and I will start mine tomorrow. It's too scary to think about it today! :blush: Starting tomorrow I will not have any sugar free chocolates for 100 days. Oh, just saying it gives me the shivers! This will include Atkins Endulge bars and any sugar free chocolates I might run across in the stores/malls. This is a hard one because I have come to rely on these for my "dessert" each evening. But when I think about the period when I was a big loser, I didn't eat these things so there may be some connection I just don't want to admit. Okay, I said it. This evening I'll have my regular portion of sugar free candy that I paid a pretty penny for but after that I'm giving it to DH to finish. I'm going to need all the support I can get between this challenge and the Lose 5 challenge so I hope we will be here for each other! As my three year old niece would say, "This is too scarry!!!!!"!! :earboy2:

Chocolate is mine!!! I guess I'll have to give it a try!! (I have had none in 3 days!)

Can I join as well? No bad snacky foods (chips or chocolates) or sodas for me!

Ok, for me there will be 100 days candy free and pop free. These are somewhat difficult for me but I know I can do it.

I make the promise, starting tomorrow, no McDonalds or pop for 100 days. Are we going to check in every day or only check in when we fall off the wagon?

Here we go guys!!! Lets check in as often as we can, I plan to do it daily, as I plan to grab my clippie! Remember to add your clippie if you want, the directions were on this thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=454614

I am going to make a list later of everyones goals, please check that it is accurate. I am SOOOOOO excited about this! Thanks for joining me guys. I love being part of a group again!

Snowball22, I know you can do this, if I can skip McDonalds for 100 days ANYONE can! Confession of a McDonalds junkie.... There would be days I would eat McDonalds 3 X a day! :rolleyes: :earseek: I would eat at least 1 meal daily there. Pretty pathetic. I am so excited about this. I know I can do it, but the difference is I WANT to do it, and I know that with this group of encouragers, it WILL happen! :cool1:

Cool deal.. I'll start my clippie over! Thanks for starting this challenge! This should be the right motivation I need to stay on target and get started!

:cool1: I am happy for you Vija! In case you forgot [and for those that might have never known]. I created this 100 day challenge quite while back as encouragement for Vija during one of her downfalls. I'm so happy to see that you are turning back to it again and using it in a way that you feel you can be succesful with it! :D

Another suggestion Vija. How about you take everyday what you would have spent on that McDonalds food [I wouldn imagine it would have to be at least $5 a day] and put that money asside. After 100 days you will have a real nice chunk of money to put asside for your WDW marathon trip. Its money that would have been spent foolishly on McD's food anyway so you might as well put it towards this goal to reward yourself! Start an ING account and earn great interest [plus it is so easy to transfer the money into the account on a regular basis].

I'll be cheering you on! :cheer2:

Jody, a good friend never forgets!!! :hug: I will be forever gratefull for your continued friendship and support, and especially your GREAT ideas!!!! :cool1: I think that is an awesome suggestion and I will put that money toward my marathon trip. $5 for today!

Okay, guys, I am starting this challenge today (ending on April 11) but I will not start actually counting my days until after tomorrow because right now I've bot 99 cheat free days under my belt and if I can get through tomorrow I will have 400 cheat free days since I started South Beach! Woohoo!!!

Thanks so much for this challenge. I can feel the sweats starting already just thinking about giving up my sugar free chocolate but if you guys can do it, then dang it, so can I! I will be strong!!!

Stay away from me you evil chocolate candies! :earseek:

Ok .. I want to join .... This maybe the boost that I need ( along with down by 5 lbs. in Jan. Challange)

Ok I'm giving up all junk food regular chips, choc. and other sweets..

How is everyone doing? I successfully completed my first day of cheat free McDonalds yesterday so I am claiming my first clippie! Very excited about this, and I hope everyone is doing well!

I'm excited too! I added day 2 to mine! Looking forward to this and this will give me the motivation and willpower I need to stay far far away from all those bad junk food cravings!

Best of luck to everyone!
:cool1:

I'm doing okay. Tomorrow when my clippie would otherwise roll over to Day 1, I will change it to Day 2. I usually get through an entire day and then the next day claim the cheat free clippie just so there's no chance of me cheating after I've claimed it.

Last night was hard for me. Real hard. The sugar free chocolate candies were calling me LOUDLY! I resisted even though it wasn't easy. Knowing you guys are doing this with me makes it a little bit easier. I hope everyone has a great cheat free Wednesday! :flower:

Desiree, I love your excitement too! This will be great together!

ZerasPride, Hang in there! We are all so proud of your previous 400 cheat free days! I know that you can do this too. I can appreciate the calling of the food though. I have a McDonalds that is only about 1/4 of a mile from my house. And I pass it on my daily walk. Very frustrating, but I say that I can do this and I will!

:cheer2: Way to go!!!!

I am five days cheat free! No Chocolate!

sarahsmom73, congrats to you! Why don't you grab and display your clippie? It would be fun to see the numbers climb on the clippie while the numbers fall on the scale!

I'm still hanging in there, this will be such a good thing for me. I told my DH all about this and he is so proud of me, that feels great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter