100 day cheat free challenge... anyone up for it? edited 1/28 for more challengers

Wow, welcome to all the new challengers! :goodvibes that is awesome the list is growing and we have more people to support each other.

kimwim8 and Desiree, I know it feels crappy when you stumble a little, but you guys are here and recommiting.... you guys are already winners just saying that! :cheer2: I am very proud of you for starting over, some would just say screw it and stop all together, but you are taking the commitment to yourself very seriously, and that is to be commended!

Zeraspride, as always you are an inspiration! Keep up the great work!!!!

robyn323, I feel your pain, the mcdonalds by our house is so close, I drive past it at least 3 times a day and it is hard to resisit, but I am doing it so I am very proud of myself! What a sweet boy you have! Give him an extra big hug!

keenercam, I think you inspired me for my next 100 day goal, to stay in WW points, that's what I am to do after all isn't it? Good luck!

With April 10th set as the 100 day mark...is anyone else thinking how great it will be to eat what we're giving up? Am I nuts to daydream about homemade fries and yeast rolls? Last night I PROMISE YOU...I had a dream that I was sooo thirsty and saw a nice ice cold coke on the counter...ya know the kind dripping with sweat...I just picked it up and too 3 strong swigs of it...and said, "AAAHHH" then right next to it was a moist ooey gooey chocolate chip filled brownie...I broke it into fourths and plunged one into my mouth...then PANIC :earseek: I've got to weigh when I wake up out of this dream...that coke and brownie are going to shoot my scales up two pounds...boy then they just didn't taste as good. I really had to remind myself it was a dream and I didn't have those the night before...

My own dreams are trying to sabotage me! AAARGGH!
Tara

Tara, you are so funny! I had a dream last week that I ate all kinds of carby foods like cupcakes, ding dongs and things like that. When I first woke up and was still groggy, thinking it was real, know what the first thing is that I thought? I thought how am I going to tell my WISH friends? You guys really do help keep me on track.

I have a drawer full of Atkins Endulge bars (one of the things I'm giving up) in a kitchen drawer and they have called my name more than one time since we started. I am in the process of reading Dr. Phil's book and it's awesome with helping me deal with the emotional side of why I feel like I need the bad stuff and it's helping me a lot. Anyway, just wanted you to know that you are not alone in thinking about the stuff we have given up. I am just so impressed with everyone involved in this challenge.

We can do this!

Princess Vija - thanks for the encouragement. This is truly hard but these challenges keep me focused and determined!

Tara,

Yesterday I was at work and one of the girls and I could not stop talking about a Hostess cherry pie (my absolute favorite thing). I have given up sweets and carbs since I am on Atkins and it was so hard not to goto the store after work and pick up a cherry pie. I have only been in for this challenge for 8 days but, I have not cheated once.

Hi guys! I am doing great with McDonalds. Still hanging in there. BUT.... I want to add on another challenge for myself. Starting today I am going to do 100 days of staying on points target with WW. I can't believe I am actually writing that! :earboy2: , but it is something I want to do as well, OK, NEED to do! LOL! So, wish me luck and as they say in Peter Pan...

Here we GO! and my favorite part... All you need is faith, trust and pixie dust! So, if anyone can send some pixie dust my way, I would really appreciate it! :wizard: This is going to be VERY hard challenge for me, but I want to do it! If I calculated the days right, it takes me to may 12. Here's to making the most of the next 100 days! :hourglass

Princess Vija - I am so impressed with your commitment and adding an additional element to your challenge is just awesome! I want to add my no sugar added ice cream to the challenge. I know I should, I just can't bring myself to do it! It's hard enough for me to give up my chocolates but . . . I'm making excuses. I'll think aboutit for a day or two and make a decision. You are really inspiring me to add this other food demon to the list of stuff I'm not allowing myself to have. I know the ice cream is holding me back - I just know it. Okay, off to think on this one some more.

Thanks ZerasPride! I unfortunately didn't get my act together yesterday and ate WAY too much. :rolleyes: I definetely am a stress eater and between school for me, and looking at buying a house, my stress load is over the top! :crazy:

What I learned from yesterday is that I definetely need a plan for the day. I went in without really planning anything. By doing that, I ate at least 8 points if not more of chips by midday (including lunch) and that set me up for failure because I didn't have enough points left for a decent dinner. Also I didn't exercise in the morning and boy was I crabby for the entire morning, and I didn't feel as energized. I have been exercising Mon-Friday pretty much since January and I really noticed a difference yesterday when I didn't exercise, so I can tell that my body already is wanting the exercise. :cheer2: Too reafirm that, I just exercised this morning and I feel really great! :banana: Much better mental attitude and feel just "better".

So, starting today I am going to be in the points range for WW for 100 days AND to top that off, I am NOT going on the scale for 100 days. I want to really focus more on how I feel rather than the numbers. So, here goes!

Any pixie dust for me??? I sure could use some!

I was just checking in to see your cheat free bear Vija. Looks like you are about 1/3 of the way there --- way to go! :cool1:

Hi, Princess Vija!! How are you doing? How did things go this weekend? Are you doing okay with your WW points? I hope you got the chance to plan your meals for today, since that will make it easier for you!
I have found so many ways to make the most of my points, and wanted to encourage you and anyone else (so that when I am feeling weak, I can come back here and remember some strategies, too :flower: )
1. Keep a bottle of water in the fridge at all times. Keep another in my car. Take a sip whenever I think of it.
2. Made the diet coke chicken last night in 3 point portions on top of broccoli in 5 containers in my fridge -- lunches or dinners throughout the week when I don't have time to cook and would otherwise eat something spontaneously that I might regret later.
3. Keep cooked broccoli or cauliflower or green beans in the fridge for munching on, especially while cooking.
4. Made chili flavored cauliflower poppers and am now addicted
5. sugarless gum
6. tootsie pops
7. crystal light on the go in a bottled water
How many days left on this challenge? I have 21 days done! :banana:

Thanks Jody!!! I appreciate you peeking in on me! :cool1:

keenercam, thanks for the encouragement and great ideas! I finally got underway on Saturday. It wasn't easy, but I did it! I feel terrific about it. :banana: Those are some really great strategies! I love the cola chicken. very good.

People are at different stages with the 100 days, so I can't really say when the challenge is over, because each person is at a different spot.

Congrats to you for doing so good and staying within points. You inspired me to add on this challenge and I thank you! :sunny:

Hi, Princess Vija! I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. As you can see, I am only 22 days cheat free (so a bit behind you), but wanted to encourage you on your second challenge of staying within WW points. It is so awesome that you took on another challenge! I hope it went well yesterday! Good for you!

Hi, everyone! Just checking in. I am at 32 days and have been within my WW points every day, though I have also been using earned activity points if I need them (I actually read that that is what I should be doing).

I'm checking with you all. Even though I've been checking in everyday, I have been thinking of you all and our challenge. I can't stand to let a day go by and not be able to change my cheat free clippe! I guess I'm stubborn that way. So far so good. I told you guys these challenges really keep me focused.

I joined Oprah's boot camp challenge that started this past Monday. I have lost 6 pounds in a week! I hope you all have a great week as go into the last week of February. Please everyone stay strong. We can make it to April!

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been checking in as much. School has just been sending me over the edge, and the fact that we bought a house which is soooo awesome, is addding stress and unfortunately I've been stress eating. So I have avoided WISH, but I have stayed true to my McDonalds goal! I am at 52 days and I am so proud of myself. I need to recommit to the 100 days of WW points, and that starts today!

Hope everyone is doing well!

SO FAR SO GOOD!!! I have not had a single bite of french fries or white bread...in fact I've had no potatoes of any sort and have only eaten corn tortillas...or wheat bread....YEAH!!!!

Tara

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND! 52 days of McDonalds cheat free. You are over half way there already! I am so proud of YOU! :cool1:

This is a HUGE accomplishment for you. Please don't set yourself up for failure with the points. Start small if you need to. Maybe agree to stay within points 5 out of 7 days a week for 100 days. That way if you happen to slip a day or two you won't beat yourself up over it. I know how you work Vija. :teeth: I can see you now --- You'll slip once and figure that you've lost your clippie anyway so you'll let it mountain into a 5 or 10 day slip rather than just one day. So, start small ---something you can obtain and feel succesful with. :flower: This way if you do slip a day you will be more inspired to get right back on track so you can keep earning your clippie days! :banana:

I don't get here too often. So check in with me at our other check in spot too so I don't miss you -- K? :love2:

That's a great idea Jody! I think I will take you up on that idea. And I'll check in with you! :hyper2: And thanks for the wonderful words of encouragement! You are the best! :love2:

HOw is everyone doing???? I can't believe I have made it to 60 days! WOOHOOO! I can't believe how fast the days have gone. I know I will complete this challenge and it has demystified McDonalds for me, which is what my intentions and needs were! :cool1:

Awesome, Vija! Am so glad to hear you are doing so well! I am at 46 days of being completely on WW points. A definite record for me! Thanks to the support of my WISH friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter