1000 Minutes in December?

disneygoof

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

Can we count the walking we do while shopping? :D

I know it will be hard with all the other extra responsibilities we all have at this time of year, but I'm hoping that if I commit to 1000 minutes, I'll hit at least half as I did in November.

I think in November people tracked their own progress. I found it helpful to just edit my one post each week.

Who's in?

Have a magical day!

Count me in for 1500 minutes. I really want to keep myself moving and motivated during December. I know that it is going to be difficult but I aim to succeed.

Count me in!
I was involved in the first and never finished.........
but this month, I am determined to do it!

renee
1000 minutes in December

Oh boy. October was bad for me, made it 1/3. November was a little better, 1/2. I'm gonna shoot for this again, and barring illnesses (and death in the family) :(, I might make it THIS month!

Thanks for starting this!!!

Let's MOVE!!!

:cool1:

I'min for Dec. I'll do 1000 and maybe more. Training for the 1/2 Marathon and need to keep on track this month. I'll post on a weekly thread starting today.
Dec.1
Dec.2
Dec.3
Dec.3-60 minutes on elliptical and curcuit
Dec.4-125 on treadmill
Dec.5

thanks

I don't know if anybody can join this thread, but I'd like to do 1,200 minutes in December.

I'm in! I made the 1000 minutes for November and already have 27 minutes of a Firm work out for December. 27/1000 toward the December exercise challenge. This is gonna be fun!

I'm going to set my goal at 1500, too. I know it is going to be difficult during this time of the year, but I'm eager to succeed! Quick question--does Winsor Pilates count? :)

swilphil: Everyone's welcome! These 1000 minute challenges have been going on for a few months, and rather than making a formal tracking system, I'm recommending that people track their own progress, and post periodically. I do that by editing my original post, but others prefer to hit reply and add multiple posts. That method makes it fun to scroll through new posts and see how everyone is doing.

DavidandDenise: I would definately say pilates count. I would say anything you do as dedicated exercise counts, but also gardening, etc. For example, last month I was out picking up leaves for 6 hours, but counted it as 3 because I estimated that I probably was bending, lifting etc. for only half that time. (In other words, I didn't count lunch break, or even time spent blowing the leaves.) But there are no hard and fast rules! The only prize awarded is good health for all. You're tracking your own progress, so if you cheat, you're only cheating yourself.

I'm psyched to see so many participants! Have a magical day!

I'm in again. I was short by 30 minutes or so for last month.

I think I'll shoot for 2000 minutes this month since kids will be out of school for two weeks and I have family in town for one :earseek:

Good Luck to everyone

I'm in!!!! Let's see, that works out to...(calculating in my head) yipes, thirty minutes/day?! Heck...what are challenges for? Better get started.

0/1000

I'm going to need some inspiration to keep on track with exercise this month. 1000 minutes for me.

Does walking around WDW count? :blush: lol

So far 30 minutes of the 1000.

I'll go with 1200 minutes.....and I'll try to bump it up if I can.......I've learned that no matter what's going on, I can't afford to miss my workouts!!!!
12/1 65 minutes
12/2 55 minutes
12/4 120 minutes
12/6 75 minutes
12/8 85 minutes
12/9 75 minutes
12/13 80 minutes
12/14 60 minutes

515/1200/685 to go!

JoAnn :cool1:

put me down for 120 minutes today...........

but I should probably post weekly huh?

well I am just excited about 2 whole hours of treadmill!!! :cool1:

renee back on track

:cool1:

I'm in again! I'm going to go for 2000 min again. That seems like a good amount of time for me to shoot for. Enough so I feel I have to push to do it, but not so much I feel overwhelmed. Unfortunately I did not get off to a good start for Dec - today was a rest day, but I'll be moving again tomorrow!

Welcome to all the new faces, & welcome back to all the returning challengers. Great to see everyone here. You keep me motivated & that keeps me moving.

Oops, corrected my error. I meant 2000 min, not 200 min! :blush:

I'll try for 1000 min, but it's pretty much just pilates for me this month as I have a broken foot.

Dec.1 60/1000
Dec. 2 50 min -> 110/1000
Dec. 3 35 -> 145/1000
Dec. 4 :guilty:
Dec. 5 :guilty:
Dec. 6 40 --> 185/1000
Dec. 7 :guilty:
Dec. 8 50 min --> 235/1000
Dec. 9 25 min --> 260/1000

This is just what I need for motivation!! Thank you! I'd like to put down 1000 for me as well. I hope I can do this.

This is my first month of WISH... as I stated in my "accept the wish challenge" post, I have NO will power, and HATE to exercise. I have 20 lbs to lose, and am not going to get there with my occasional 2 mile walk. I planned to start on Dec 1... which came and went... so I'm trying again for Dec 2. I am hoping this awful cold that I am fighting will feel better by tonight so I can walk without dying. No, I can't commit to even 1000 minutes- I am shooting for a measly 750 (which is about 500 more than usual).

I was very good over Thanksgiving, though- not a single piece of pie!!

In terms of whether Christmas shopping counts... park as far away as possible,(which isn't hard this time of year), after all- every extra step helps, even if it doesn't 'count'!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter