1000 Minutes in December?

Thanks Kim - I just have done so well the past few months and wish I could keep it up. I know it's tough with the holidays, but I know in January I'll be back at it pretty hard.

What am I going to do when football is over? :earseek: I won't have any excuse NOT to exercise :earboy2:

Kikipug, looks like we were almost neighbors in CT We lived right behind Oakdale Theater in Wallyworld. Even better, we're both in central FL now! Closer to WDW! :sunny: We'll have to try to meet up at WDW sometime. DH & I try & go as often as possible, so let me know when you'll be there!

Tera said:
I just have done so well the past few months and wish I could keep it up. I know it's tough with the holidays
Unfortunately, I know EXACTLY how you feel, only my setbacks (exercise-wise) started in mid-October, and have come all this way with me into December! I know you WILL get back at it full force come the New Year! :cheer2: Besides, you're doing great, despite what you think!!! ;)

Put me down for 49 minutes today...Total 370/1000. Despite my 'numbers', I'm pretty happy with myself for continuing to exercise 2 of the 3 days, and staying OP, since reaching my initial Goal Monday! :hyper:

Let's hear from all the other movers and shakers! :jumping1:

Had minor abdominal surgery yesterday but, Dr told me I could start lightly biking on Monday as long as I felt up to it! I want to today but that's probably the pain meds talking...

I can't wait, now if I could just step away from the food. I am a boredom eater and I can't drive until Monday either. Just told to lay low and I am so bored! I've been reading, watching the kids play Gamecube and reading, but I want to get out and MOVE around! I hate to sit still, especially when I know I have to!

Tomorrow I can start cooking again, yippee! I thought DH would cook supper tonight but he got home late and is now sleeping, so I have a feeling it is take-out again tonight (we never eat out...only at WDW - LOL). Kids have already said pizza...yikes... I'll try to be good...

Boy, everyone is doing so well on their goals...GREAT JOB ALL!

I can't believe I am STILL at 190/750- I have been so insanely busy that I haven't had time to exercise since Monday!!! Luckily, I haven't had much time to eat either... I am so discouraged- but its not like I am sitting around watching tv and eating bonbons. Let's hope I can get through tonight's company Christmas party without overeating... shouldn't be hard, as the dress JUST fits now... it won't allow me to eat too much!! I am going to have to get my butt in gear next week!!!!

Great job everyone who is sticking with it!!!!

801/1000 so far

12/19-Rest
12/20- 50 min on treadmill
12/21-rest
12/22-rest
12/23-50 min on treadmill
12/24-rest
12/25-rest

I'm tapering for the big one. Ha-Ha I just have been too darn busy to do much. Will be doing an 8 mile on Mon. and back on the plan, only 2 weeks to go!!

jay-nee, speedy recovery to you. Sounds uncomfortable. :(

KimRaye said:
Put me down for 49 minutes today...Total 370/1000.
Didn't post yesterday's 42 minutes...Now at 412/1000. Today a Big Goose Egg - 0! Shopping instead. ;)

I'm doing okay, thank God for pain meds, huh? :-)

You guys are all helping me so much to stay focused. So happy I found WISH!

I am so psyched that I might be able to get on the bike tomorrow! (Never thought I'd say that...but you guys are all so inspirational).

Great job to all who are staying on track during this hectic time of year!!!!

Just have a minute to check in. This is my progress up to the 14th. 249/450/550 Too bad shopping does not count as exercise. My 4 yo DS and I shopped for close to 8 hrs on Friday. Unfortunately, we did not have a lot to show for it. I found out some of my last minute books and stocking stuffers are only available online and will not be in stores until January. However, I know where I am going for my after Christmas shopping. Several things are already on sale.
I will check in again soon.
Rochelle

Time to start my week 3 totals! :moped:

As of the end of week 2 on 12/14, I was at 1020/2000 min. Here's what I have done since then:

12/15 - 45 min - bicycle
12/16 - 60 min - bicycle, strength & flexibility
12/17 - 180 min - walking
12/18 - 60 min - walking
12/19 - 80 min - bicycle
12/20 - 30 min - bicycle
12/21 - 150 min - walking

That brings me to 1625/2000 min so far for Dec. :jumping2:
I'll come back & update the next 2 days when I see what I get done. It's going to get really cold, well, ok, cold for Florida here over the next couple of days & that's bad for my motivation. I am on target, but hopefully I will still keep moving because I've been way off plan with food lately. :earseek: I just can't seem to escape the desserts. I'm trying not to get too far off plan for now, then a fresh start at the 1st of the year to get back on track.

I'm up to date now through Dec 21. Hopefully I will be able to keep going at this pace for the rest of the month. I'm ahead of plan at this point & I'd like to see how far I can go.

I have been totally slacking this month however, I just ran 10 miles for a total of 140 minutes.........
got to look back at my treads to try and add it up.........
not where I should be but, Im still trying

renee

Just checked , I was at 220 add this Im at 360.hmm not sure if Ill get it done, but I certainly will try

wiskband said:
Im at 360.hmm not sure if Ill get it done, but I certainly will try
That's the spirit Renee!!! I won't make it either, but I'm not quitting. ;) Add 42 minutes for me today, 454/1000.

I almost forgot to post my week 3 results

Dec 15th 95 minutes
Dec 16th 60 minutes
Dec 17th 100 minutes
Dec 18th 0 minutes
Dec 19th 0 minutes (football!)
Dec 20th 90 minutes
Dec 21th 60 minutes

That's 405 for week 3!

1107/2000/893

Doubt I'll make it, but not bad for the holidays :rolleyes:

I'm at 890/1000. I think I will make it!

For me, consistency was the key since I had to give up those 4 days to recover from surgery!

I've decided to try for 1000 in January, even though we will be at WDW for part of the month. I'm trying to come up with exercises to do in the room before we head out and before bedtime. I was thinking of even just doing 10 minutes in the am and 10 in the pm, just to try and stay on track and not be a lump. Now, to come up with the exercises... :-)

Keep up the great work everyone!

I have officially given up for December... :guilty: this has been the worst month... nothing major, but a pinched nerve in my back, a smashed thumb, and a cold that wouldn't quit, along with too much going on for the holidays, and I have barely exercised at all!!! Looking forward to starting again in January. My dear friend and I, even though 300 miles apart, have pledged to nag each other to no end, err, I mean, support each other on our 'exercise journey' :rolleyes: for the New Year. I haven't checked the boards for a January Challenge yet... I'm off to do that now- Happy New Year everyone!!

(At least I haven't gained any weight over the holidays... see, I can rationalize ANYTHING!!)

KimRaye said:
454/1000.
Eek! Not much more to report :blush:

12/21 22 minutes
12/28 55 minutes

Yes folks, that's a WEEK between exercising. :guilty:

531/1000

Reporting in for week #4 - not an especially good exercise week for me as I got sidetracked for the Christmas holiday (planned) followed by several days of inactivity due to a nasty sinus infection & cold (unplanned)

12/22 - 0 min - rest day planned
12/23 - 30 min - bicycle
12/24 - 150 min - walking
12/25 - 0 min - rest day planned
12/26 - 0 min - sick
12/27 - 0 min - sick
12/28 - 0 min - sick
12/29 - 60 min - walking
12/30 - 180 min - walking
12/31 - 0 min - did too much, too soon after being sick

Right now I'm at 1865/2000 min with 2 days still to go. I'll update this post to complete my Dec totals. I should have no problem with reaching my goal, but I was hoping to go well over it, especially considering how poorly I've done with eating lately. I guess all the exercise in the world doesn't make up for eating badly though. Time to get back on track! :cheer2:

I just made it this month mostly due to the nasty cold/sinus infection I've been fighting. This month was my lowest total since we started these challenges back in Aug. My final total is 2040/2000 min. I hope to do better in Jan, & to get back on track with my food now that the distractions of the holidays are over.

You impress me EVERY month, Nancy! Congrats! :flower1:

I added 60 minutes of ice skating to my total today: 591/1000. Hey, that beats last month's total. ;)

I doubt I'll be exercising (officially) the next 2 days, unless celebrating DSs BD, and dismantling C'mas at my house count. :rolleyes:

Happy, Healthy New Year to ALL you Movers & Shakers!! :cheer2:

Quick Check in:
12/15 - 12/21: 114/564/436
12/22 - 12/28: 220/784/216

Still have a pretty good way to go in just a few days. I hope I make it.
I will check in again in a few days with my new numbers.
I am looking forward to the January challenge but not sure I am ready to up my goal yet.

Rochelle

I made it. Today's 30 minute workout completed the challenge. Barely, but all that matters is that I did it. I exercised 270 minutes last week and 330 this week. THat made my total 5 minutes over the 1000!!!!

Looking forward to next month's challenge.

Happy New Years everyone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter