2 Best Friends - 2013 July Disney World Vacation

RHMH

FTW Texas
2013 July Disneyworld Trip Report - RHMH (AKA) Midori & Bob

Traveling First time to Disney (Lucy BFF and Kathleen Lucys Mom)

To make it easier for everyone to view the You Tube Videos, I have attached the links.

Very Special BFF Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q8SAaIe-rE

Be Our Guest Dinner - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp7ftzDCgO4

Big Thunder Mountain - Midori and Lucy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llJhMdWec8M

T-Rex Birthday Dinner for Dad's 55th Birthday - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmp-w-eVNCE

50's Prime Time Café - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLP0t93SIm0

Epcots New test track - Midori and Lucy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddKO3hT_CS8

Animal Kingdom Park - CM Singing to Midori and Lucy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KnAsN9umNw

Midori & Lucy - Animal Kingdom Safari - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnAw0i8hQLU

Visiting Contemporary Resort - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2h7-HMowmk

H.S. RR Coaster - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOorb-KwWPI

Friday July 12th
We left Fort Worth Texas around 5PM heading East on HWY 20. Midori and Lucy watching DVDs, streaming videos on their I-Pads and texting their friends on their phones.
Kathleen and I took turns driving straight through to Orlando only stopping for gas and food.

Saturday July 13th
Arrived Orlando's out skirts around 10:30AM. Lfortin and I were texting each other to see who was going to get to AKL first. We stopped at UPS store on Kirkman Street to pick up our park tickets ordered from Undercover Tourist saving us 30.00 each. Drove up to AKL side by side with Lfortin around 12Noon and was greeted by the bell man and unloaded the car. Lfortin rode the M.E. to Kadani.

I had already checked in online so all I had to do was to confirm who I was and all of the individuals traveling with me. The front desk clerk added the park tickets to our World Cards and off to the room we went. I reserved a standard room in hoping for some kind of upgrade and yes we received one, Savannah view room 3210 on the main level.

We unloaded our stuff and organized the room. Showered and caught the bus to DTD for our 4:30PM reservation at T- Rex.We were a few minutes early and seated on time. We ordered our dinner and enjoyed the food.

T-Rex Café at DTD

We headed back to the resort to meet Lfortin and family at the Kadani Pool but I feel asleep and missed them. You can see my feet at the bottom right corner.

Magic Kingdom Sunday July 14th
I woke up around 3:30AM made coffee and took my laptop to the lobby and relaxed. Midori, Lucy and Kathleen got up around 6AM, got ready and we were off to MK in time for rope drop. Traditionally Space Mountain is always our first ride, rode it 3 times and then headed for Thunder Mountain. Midori, Lucy and Kathleen went back to Space and cashed in on the fast passes as I went to Adventure land to participate in the 11:00AM Dis-Meet. It was exciting to meet Kirrby, Mestro, Lfortin and their families. We talked for a few minutes and then we went our separate ways to enjoy the day.
Midori and I played Host and Hostess for the day to make sure Lucy and Kathleen could do as much as they could since this was their first visit to Disney. We went to Be Our Guest at 5:00PM to check in for our 5:30PM reservation. Seated at 5:45PM and enjoyed the dinner and getting pictures taken with the Beast.

We stayed at MK until the end of EMH and headed back to the resort for the night. Also - I tried to get the girls to put the glow in the dark Mickey's Head on my forehead, but it did not work out. Sorry everyone - I tried..

Hollywood Studios Monday July 15th

After breakfast we headed to the bus stop to visit Hollywood Studios. So far the busses have been great.

We started at RRC and T of T, rode each one 3 times before the tour group got in line. Midori and Lucy had a great time on the two rides. The laughed, giggled and smiled the entire time.

Midori and Lucy loves Monsters University and was very happy to get pictures taken with Sulley and Mikey

We were all over the park this day. RRC, TOT, TSM, Star Tours and did all of the shows. The one show I really missed was the 4 singing stage hands right before the Beauty and the Beast show. I guess they stopped this part of the act. Really enjoyed their part... The new Monsters University Stage show was pretty good but I miss the Celebration Parade at 3PM. The American Idol show was awesome as usual. we ate Lunch at Sci fi, as usual it was excellent. We asked for Sarah from England who has been our server for the past 4 years. Sarah remembered us and also my Birthday, bring me a Ice Cream Sundae at the end of my meal. A group of Sci Fi Staff sang the Birthday song to me.

We went to American Idol to participate in one of their shows. I had 2 ladies sitting on the right side of me laughing so hard from watching me dance and waving my arms. They said they would remember me more than the show itself.

We went to our 50's Prime Time reservations at 8:00 PM. Food and Entertainment was Super. I think our Server was named Cousin Craig. Midori and Lucy order the fried chicken and WOW!! you talk about GOOD. The flavor and crust was delicious.

I received a Cupcake for my 55th Birthday. 50's Prime Time is definitely a must do for everyone.

Epcot Tuesday July 16th

We arrived at Epcot at rope drop. First we decided to ride Soarin a couple of times and then head to Test Track. We had plenty of time to ride all of Epcot's rides. It was not crowed at all during the day. Epcot cleared out around 1:00 PM when started pouring down rain for about 2 hours. We all munched down at Mexico, Japan, America, England, Paris and Norway. You talk about filled to the gills. We were so full by the end of the day, we could not drink a cup of water.:rotfl2:

*****I wanted to post this picture below taken with Midori's Canon HD Power Shot ELPH 110 HS Videos and Pictures********

I am amazed at the quality of Videos and Pictures the camera captures.

Midori and Lucy with Epcot Characters

Midori and Lucy on the Maelstrom Ride

Animal Kingdom Wednesday July 17th

For some reason I could only find 1 picture and 1 video for this day. we arrived at rope drop EMH and took off to E.E., we rode it 4 times with one being a fast pass. I remember last year Midori rode it 14 times before she got sick and had to call it a day around 12 noon. We rode Kali, Safari ride, Dinorama, (Dinosaurs ride - the one ride my back pack flew off during the ride last year). We did Lion King and Finding Nemo. can't remember where we ate and what we ate this day, but we had to have eaten light because we had O'hana Dinner Reservations at 8:00 PM

After the Lion King Show - A very talented CM was playing the Guitar and Sing to a group and he made an announcement if anyone would like for him to make up a song to sing and to be sure to video the event. I approached him and asked if he would sing to Midori & Lucy. He smile and sang this song to the Girls. The link below is the same video that is listed above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KnAsN9umNw

We left AK and went back to the Resort to get cleaned up for our O'hana Dinner. The dinner was excellent as always and the girls really loved the food and entertainment. The bread pudding again was the highlight of our dinner. I also received a Birthday dessert that I had to take back to the room to eat later.

I think Lucy was very tired by this time of night. Lucy and Kathleen was amazed as to how we toured the parks. Zip here and Zap there. I know we ran them ragged.

Celebrating my Birthday all week Disney Style

More To Come On Page 2

Videos can be seen by clicking the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Can't wait to watch the newest installments. Will do so when the kids go to camp.

Yay! This makes me so excited! Can't wait to go. I am so jealous. We have gone to AKL so many times now, and never an upgrade....hear about them all the time and never get one, but that's ok, have never had a bad room yet. So happy your first time at AkL you were sprinkled with some pixie dust. Can't wait to hear and read more.

On board for the report. :thumbsup2
AKL is my favorite resort so far. Can't wait to go back some year. Too busy trying other resorts for now.

:wave2:

i'm following along!
The room looks wonderful!!! were you able to see the animals everyday?H.S. is my favorite park! You had gotten a ton done!! :thumbsup2

Yay! This makes me so excited! Can't wait to go. I am so jealous. We have gone to AKL so many times now, and never an upgrade....hear about them all the time and never get one, but that's ok, have never had a bad room yet. So happy your first time at AkL you were sprinkled with some pixie dust. Can't wait to hear and read more.

Thanks - We stayed at AKL because you talked highly about it. I am so glad I followed your recommendation and stayed there.

On board for the report. :thumbsup2
AKL is my favorite resort so far. Can't wait to go back some year. Too busy trying other resorts for now.

We really enjoyed AKL, thanks for following...

:wave2:

i'm following along!
The room looks wonderful!!! were you able to see the animals everyday?H.S. is my favorite park! You had gotten a ton done!! :thumbsup2

Every Morning and [Every Afternoon (When we were not at the parks)] We were able to see plenty of animals. I really enjoy doing the trip reports. I organized and upload the Videos and Photos after each day. I have the folders labeled by day and which park so it is easy to keep up. Thanks for following.

To All - I have updated more on the first page of our trip report. Thanks to all... Have a great day..:thumbsup2

Resort Hopping Thursday July 18th

Our day started out very relaxing. Everyone slept in until 10:00 AM except for me. I woke up at 4:30 AM and made coffee and made my way to the Lobby to enjoy the comforts of the lobby couch.

We start out by taking the Disney Bus to MK and then catching the Monorail to the 3 rail Resorts. First, we visited the Contemporary, Polynesian and then the Grand Floridian. We walked the resort grounds, enjoyed visiting the food courts and shops. We ate lunch at the Captain Cooks at the Polynesian Food Court.

We made it back to the MK Bus stop and took the bus to the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts. Walked the Boardwalk and stopped in at the Boardwalk Bakery to purchase Midori some Blackberry Macaroons. Midori ended up being disappointed to learn, they discontinued the item a few months ago. We decided to swim at the Beach and Yacht Club shared pool. WOW !!! The pool is amazing. Sandy bottoms, Small Lazy River and a nice 8 foot deep section where we could dive and swim around in. After about 3 hours of swimming, we decided to go shopping at DTD for a little while.

Return to AKL to clean up and around 8:00 PM we drove the car to Port Orleans Riverside to purchase Midori a Sulley costume for her Duffy Bear and ended up adding on a Walt Disney Beach Towel for an additional 13.00. Lucy purchased a Eeyore pillow pet and a couple of other trinkets. Decided to eat at the food court at Riverside and then returned back to AKL for the night.

Magic Kingdom Friday July 19th

We arrived at MK just in time for opening. We scurried around riding every ride we could get on. Space, Thunder, Splash, Buzz, Indy Racers, Jungle Cruise and Pirates were the main ones.

We wanted to visit the Princesses and Mickey for pictures and autographs. Lucy has never met them so this time with the Characters was a very special time for her.

Midori and Lucy had a super time at MK today, for some reason it was really a picture perfect day for the both of them. Maybe it was because they were able to rest on Thursday (Resort Hopping Day)

For the rest of the day at MK, we took in most of the shows and at late lunch at Tony's. The Service and Food was Superb. Midori had Spag and Meatballs, Lucy had a special order of Chicken Parmesan with Alfredo Sauce instead of Marinara Sauce, Kathleen had Salad and Fried Zucchini and I had Flat Bread Pep Pizza. We were so full that we did not have room for Dessert. Since we were on Main Street, we decided to shop at the Emporium for a while. Midori wanted a Monster's University Vinylmation to add to her collection of 35, but unfortunately they were completely sold out.

Lucy was shopping for her Dad and did not know what to get him so it took some time to decide.

We left MK around 7:00 PM and took the Disney Bus to Pop Century. We walked the Resort, Ate at the Food Court and Lucy and Midori was able to indulge in the Tie Dye Cheesecake.

Hollywood Studios Saturday July 20th

We arrived at rope drop and headed to the 2 most popular rides RRC & TOT, rode them 3 times each.

Then enjoyed the Beauty & The Beast show. They did not have the pre-show with the 4 Stage Men. WOW!! I really missed them, enjoyed their singing and acting. I guess they discontinued the pre-show.

We decided to eat at the ABC Commissary and stay in the area to take in all of the shows on this end of H.S.

We decided to call it a day around 4:00 PM and head to AKL.

This years Disneyworld Vacation was the best ever. Main reason, Midori's BF Lucy was able to join us this year. Midori and I have visited Disney 13 times as Daughter and Father. Our vacations were super great, but I noticed last year Midori was not into it like in the past. It hit me - Midori needed a friend to do Disney with and Lucy was the one to share in Midori's Disney visit. I really had a great time watching them and playing photographer. It was very Magical and I could not have asked for anymore than what I experienced this year.

I love being a Dad and watching Midori grow up and have the time of her life is what I live for.

I want to take this moment to thank everyone on the July thread and everyone on the Dis-Board for being a part of our Magical Disney Vacation. May we all stay in touch and share our Magical Life Moments with each other. It has been a pleasure meeting, chatting and being a part of everyone's journey I will never forget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter