2 Castles, 2 Send out 2011 & Ring in 2012...12 Days of Christmas

Tell them that their grandparents had been invited to a friends house for lunch/brunch/dinner (whenever you do that with them).... I'm sorry though they shouldn't have said anything! Did they know that it was a surprise?

Long story short...I think we have it covered and undercontrol that the kids are back to thinking that things are not strange tomorrow...I am so tired of trying to cover up mis-steps, especially when my dh who has really has been no help in planning and had not listened to a word I have said for the last 12 months of planning is the one screwing up! :headache::mad:

I am so ready for Mickey and Harry to be let out of the bag...I am even tempted just to do it today...no not really, because I can't think of a fun way to do it today. But stay posted I may come up with a way....

Now onto happier thoughts...for those that want to know the #1 thing I am most looking forward too...remember the top 3 really are the top the others are in no particular order...

I was thinking that #1 was going to be just having a real vacation with my family/spending time...but then I decided that goes unspoken...then I was thinking not having to deal with Christmas drama from both sides of our family...but that does not Christmas spirited...so what is my #1?????

100 Things I am Looking Forward to...

100. Checking into the Royal Pacific Resort
99. Italian Margarita and a Cheeseburger in Paradise at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville
98. Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
97. Experiencing the Osborne Lights
96. Seeing Lightning McQueen and Mater
95. Grinch and Friends Breakfast
94. Tree of Life
93. Mickey's Philharmonic
92. Christmas Trees
91. Tower of Terror
90. Dinner at T-Rex
89. Pressed Penny hunting for the boys
88. Seeing Tink Fly
87. Breakfast at the Crystal Palace
86. Toy Story Mania and its Line/Queue
85. Innoventions
84. Main Street Stroll
83. Dole Whip
82. Pirates of the Caribbean Ride
81. Jedi Training
80. Mickey Bar
79. Miyuki in Japan
78. Tom Sawyer's Island
77. Riding the Monorail
76. Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe
75. Mission Space: Orange Side
74. Strawberry Soup
73. Kidcot Stations in Epcot
72. Shopping for Mickey Ears
71. Dinner at Ohanas
70. Living with the Land
69. A Mug of Butter Beer
68. Animation Studios Drawing Class
67. Karamelle-Kuche
66. Christmas Store Ornament Shopping
65. F!
64. Honeydukes
63. Tough Being a Bug
62. Swiss Family Treehouse
61. Biergarten
60. Soarin
59. Lego Store in DTD
58. Starring Rolls Cupcakes
57. Haunted Mansion
56. Via Napoli
55. Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD
54. Gingerbread House at GF (& other resort Christmas Displays)
53. Kim Possible Missions in Epcot
52. Macy's Holiday Parade at USO
51. Boulangerie Patisserie in France
50. 50's Primetime Cafe
49. POP Century Resort
48. Exploring the Windows in Hogsmeade
47. Ridemakerz
46. Date with dh at Yachtsman
45. Illuminations
44. Dinner at 1900 Park Fare with the Step Sisters
43. Grinchmas at IOA
42. Snorkeling at Discovery Cove
41. Breadpudding
40. Expedition Everest
39. Parades
38. Ghirardelli sundae
37. Night time in the parks
36. Test Track
35. Mickey Pretzels
34. The Sword in the Stone
33. Fish & Chips
32. Feeding the Larakeets
31. Yak & Yeti
30. Discovery Island Trails
29. Sci Fi Diner
28. Spiderman
27. Rice Krispe Treat
26. Walt & Mickey Statue…Roy & Minnie Statue
25. Festival of the Lion King
24. Main Street Bakery Treats
23. Pirate Tutorial
22. Discovery Club Stops in AK
21. The Simpsons Ride
20. Breakfast at Boma
19. Boardwalk Villas
18. Finding my Picture Frame
17. Dinner at NASCAR
16. Tequila Flight
15. Searching for Hidden Mickey’s
14. Rip Rocket Roller Coaster
13. Lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table
12. Candlelight Processional
11. Snacking Around the World
10. Drinking Around the World
9. Breakfast at Three Broomsticks
8. Club Cool
7. Forbidden Journey
6. Wishes Dessert Party
5. Flight to MCO
4. Christmas Story Tellers in Epcot
3. Dolphin Swim
2. Hogwarts Castle

Okay Here it is…NUMBER 1…and it truly is the thing I am looking forward the most

castle.jpg

1. Cinderella’s Castle adorned with Lights

Seeing the castle for the first time made me cry and I have so many pictures from so many different angles and so many different times of day…so what could top that first moment of seeing the castle…to see the castle lit up with Christmas lights! I am making sure that we do not miss the lighting ceremony!

PICT6223.jpg

CindyChristmasCastle1280-1.jpg

I'm glad that you got the kids all filled in and thinking that nothing is going on! So sneaky, but for a good cause! You may want to wait for tomorrow because that way they sleep well tonight (well I mean as good as hey can thinking that Santa's the only one with presents for them) so they can be bright eyed, bushy tailed and not cranky and tired!!!

I wish you guys a Merry Christmas! I hope that everything turns out right tomorrow and that they are just as excited as you are!!

christmasmickey.jpg

And the castle with the lights really is a sight! When they turn the lights on just walk up main street with the family because literally every 10 feet is a photo pass person and sometimes 2 in one spot (one to take you with the castle and one for the tree)- we did most of them in the day and night just to make sure we caught a good one! By the end K and Damien were sick of pictures but you have to get your money and memories worth for those things!!!!

Merry Christmas and have a wonderful trip! I will be excited to try to follow you along today and tomorrow, but not sure if I'll have time to pop in here.

Hope everything works out in the end! If I don't get back on, have a safe and magical trip and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! :cool1::banana::cool1:

Here is the schedule that everyone has been wanting...sorry it has taken me so long to finalize it!

12 Days of Christmas Fun

Sunday, Dec 25
Fly to Orlando and check into Royal Pacific Resort
*Dinner at Royal Pacific Resort's Islands Dining Room Christmas Buffet

Day 1/Monday, Dec 26
Islands of Adventure: The focus will be on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with early entry at 7:00 am it will be a VERY early start to the day but so worth it to get ahead of the crowds. We will then do the rest of the park after we get our fill of Harry for the moment. I also hope to see Grinchmas before dinner. It will probably be an early evening for us, since we will be getting up again early to beat the crowds to WWofHP.
*Breakfast at Three Broomsticks
*Dinner at Margaritaville

Day 2/Tuesday, Dec 27
Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios: Again we will try to make early entry into WWofHP so enjoy the area without huge crowds, once we are finished we will head over to Universal Studios and tour that park. The evening will be topped off with the Macy's Christmas Parade
*Dinner at NASCAR

Day 3/Wednesday, Dec 28
Discovery Cove: We will spend the day at Discovery Cove where we will get some one on one time with the dolphins! Later that evening we will head back to IOA and visit WWofHP in the evening...because it is even more amazing when it is dark.
*Breakfast & Lunch at Discovery Cove
*Dinner at Mytho's

Day 4/Thursday, Dec 29
IOA/USO/DTD: The morning will begin with another early entry to WWofHP, breakfast with the Grinch and re-experience anything the kids want to do. That afternoon we will head over for some shopping at DTD.
*Breakfast with the Grinch
*Dinner at T-Rex

Day 5/Friday, Dec 30
BWV/Epcot: This morning we will be checking into the BWV early and then heading out to meet Mickey for Breakfast (stopping first to awe at the castle...so we know we are there and seeing the GF Gingerbread House) and then to Epcot (hopefully via Monorail) for an afternoon hearing about Christmas around the world and the Candlelight Processional. We will not stay for Illuminations this night, it needs to be early because rope drop the next day is at 7:00 am.
*Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
*Dinner at Biergarten

Day 6/Saturday, Dec 31
Animal Kingdom: Another EARLY MORNING, but we are going to take advantage of it because what I understand we are at record crowds...rope drop at AK is at 7:00 am for EMH and it is my intention to be there! We will spend the day at AK, then decide what to do for New Year's Eve (go to bed or watch the fireworks between DHS and EPCOT at midnight).
*Lunch-Tusker House
*Dinner-Cape May Clam Bake

Day 7/Sunday, Jan 1
Epcot/DTD: We will sleep in a little this morning and make rope drop for Epcot via the International Gateway. The morning will be spent with the east side attractions of FutureWorld and then onto Canada, Mexico, China and Italy before leaving...hoping to stop at WL to see the tree and then onto DTD if the family wants via POR boats. The kids will get an early evening in the room and Jeff and I will have a date night.
*Lunch-Via Napoli
*Dinner-(Jeff & me) Yachtman...kids Earl of Sandwich

Day 8/Monday, Jan 2

MK: This will be somewhat an early morning as we have breakfast before the park opens at Crystal Palace. Then the day will be spent in Fantasyland, Liberty Square and Frontierland. Tonight we see the castle lighting, electric parade, and wishes. The park stays open until midnight...we will see what happens.
*Breakfast-Crystal Palace
*Dinner-1900 Park Fare

Day 9/Tuesday, Jan 3
DHS: Finally Goo gets to visit Lightning McQueen as today we are going to spend the day at DHS, see F! and the Osborne Lights.
*Breakfast-Boma (not sure if we will make this...I am hoping)
*Late Lunch-Sci Fi Diner

Day 10/Wednesday, Jan 4
Epcot: Today we will do the west side attractions of future world as well as make the entire loop around world showcase with snacking and drinking our way around the world, ending up in the UK for dinner and Illuminations.
*Breakfast-Kona
*Dinner-Rose and Crown

Day 11/Thursday, Jan 5
MK: Today will we go about the day enjoying the park and visiting Tomorrowland and Adventureland...Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial & Faries Meet and Greet...plus do anything over that we want before making our way over to the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party.
*Lunch-Cinderella's Royal Table

Day 12/Friday, Jan 6
POP/DHS: Today we will switch resorts just for 1 night as well as finish up what we did not get done in DHS...Jedi Training, Phineas & Ferb as will as spend some time enjoying the POP resort decorations. We will end the day with dinner as a family (cause Ohanas means family), fireworks from the POLY beach and the electric water parade...if everyone is up to it afterwards we will head back to DHS and see the Osborne lights one last time
*Lucnh-50s Primetime
*Dinner-Ohana

Saturday, Jan 7
Early ME to airport and home my early afternoon.

Hi Tammie, I changed my plans around. I knew we were going to DHS on either the 6th or 7th to see the lights, but with you being there on the 6th I had to make sure I was there! We have a late lunch planned at 50s PTC and we will be staying for the lights. Although I'm not sure if we will be able to last for all the EMH. Let's keep in touch via facebook on the 6th?

Hi Tammie, I changed my plans around. I knew we were going to DHS on either the 6th or 7th to see the lights, but with you being there on the 6th I had to make sure I was there! We have a late lunch planned at 50s PTC and we will be staying for the lights. Although I'm not sure if we will be able to last for all the EMH. Let's keep in touch via facebook on the 6th?

Sounds great! I will PM you my phone number and you can text me too!

Love your plans, Tammie! So exciting! I have so many comments on things you will just LOVE!

The WL Tree. DTD just wandering. Osborne Lights. The Candlelight Processional is sooo moving. Excited for y'all! Can't wait to hear the kids' reactions.

Just wanted to take the time to wish all my dear DIS friends a very Merry Christmas...

xdisneyglobe.gif

You have each blessed my life this year and I am so thankful and happy to call you friends...you probably know me better then most people I see every day! Thank you for your friendship. Especially thank you for making me a part of your vacation...I loved every text and picture!

May God Bless you and keep you and yours!

j9tuur.gif

This is going to be a really long day. I woke up about an hour ago and I can't go back to sleep and I can't get the family up for about another 2 hours. Sheesh...

I have this sense of dread that I am missing something, worried that our luggage is too heavy...and the list just keeps going!

tumblr_lfps8qzXhv1qa4w2fo1_500.gif

It's all going to be fine once you actually get going. I always have the same anxieties but once were in car or on plane or whatever it's usually smooth sailing!!
Love your final itin!! I'll b following right along (in my mind of course. Lol)

Can't wait to hear every detail!!

I hope everything went better than planned this morning. Can't wait to hear the details. Enjoy your trip!

4:30 am...:scared1:But Harry awaits!

Our travel day ended with mimosa's at dinner topped off with watching the Grinch while swimming... Yep a GREAT day!

I am trying not to pout... But remind new how much I paid to sit in a hotel room in Florida to watch POTC and eat pizza! Plus the fact Disney has already closed blizzard beach tomorrow snd we have discovery cove scheduled and a sick Goo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter