2007 International Food & Wine Festival (Marketplace Booth Details Now Available!)

My husband and I were there Friday through Sunday and we had an incredible time! It's a little odd (not to mention out of the way) having the Festival Center in the old WOL pavillion but it's SO nice to not have to stand outside in the heat (and rain) for a wine tasting seminar! Wine seminars are always the highlight for us. You meet wonderful people in line and the seminars we went to this weekend were fantastic. Great wine and interesting vinters.

Food booths also seemed up a notch in quality this year. Food just seemed better to me for some reason. We still enjoyed some of our old favorites - chilaquiles in Mexico, pork pot stickers in China, seafood salad in New Zealand, spanikopita in Greece, quiche in France... Some new favorites included the tomatican in Chile, the pastelon de plantanos amarillos in the Dominican Republic, spicy calamary stew in Spain, and the lasagna in Italy was much better than anything I remember previously from Italy.

We had several great wines around the booths as well. I was a little disappointed in the Australian Wine tasting because it was mostly the same wines as last year, although the cast members working there this weekend were tons of fun! The American Wine Adventure seemed smaller to me this year too. I did like the Vinoteca with wines from Chile and Argentina. There are some tremendous values at that station!! Really good and interesting wines for $2 - $3.

We didn't go on a single ride in the three days we were at Epcot! We had an outstanding time though and can't wait to get back up there for more wine seminars this weekend!

Regarding the wine seminars in the Wonders of Life Pavillion, may I ask how early you started to line up for the specific wine seminar? Thanks for your help.

Kay1 - pastelon was a crab dish and it was really good. I can't believe they ran out! I didn't try the duck yet. Overall, I was really impressed by the food in Chile, Peru, and the Dominican Republic.

Dizneykid - For most of the wine seminars, we were in line for about 45 minutes. There was one seminar that had 8 tastings and we were in line for over an hour for that one, but it was well worth the wait! We also went to one late afternoon seminar (5:30) and it never filled up.

I have a question for anyone on the dining plan. I noticed that the food booths don't post what is on the dining plan as a snack point. Someone on another thread said that they are good for any sample but last year it was just items under $4.00. Can anyone confirm this? If so then that would mean the lobster roll at $6.75 :scared: would be included? I know I had to pay OOP last year and was not very happy. May just skip it all together.

Kay1 - pastelon was a crab dish and it was really good. I can't believe they ran out! I didn't try the duck yet. Overall, I was really impressed by the food in Chile, Peru, and the Dominican Republic.

Dizneykid - For most of the wine seminars, we were in line for about 45 minutes. There was one seminar that had 8 tastings and we were in line for over an hour for that one, but it was well worth the wait! We also went to one late afternoon seminar (5:30) and it never filled up.

Great! Thanks!

So, I guess if we really want to get into a tasting, we should arrive an hour before. Not too bad. At least this year it is inside!!!

Disneykid - Oh my goodness it made a HUGE difference to be standing inside rather than out in the sun! Plus, the wine store is in there, and a little book store, and the Festival Marketplace so if you do get there a little early and there's no line yet, there's plenty to do. As a rule though, we tried to get there about an hour in advance. I know it's crazy, but I love the wine seminars and every one I've been to has been worth the wait. We learn so much and you really do meet nice people in line too! Hope to see you there!!

Disneykid - Oh my goodness it made a HUGE difference to be standing inside rather than out in the sun! Plus, the wine store is in there, and a little book store, and the Festival Marketplace so if you do get there a little early and there's no line yet, there's plenty to do. As a rule though, we tried to get there about an hour in advance. I know it's crazy, but I love the wine seminars and every one I've been to has been worth the wait. We learn so much and you really do meet nice people in line too! Hope to see you there!!

You are right, I would rather wait a little longer to be assured entrance! And, there are a few that we really want to do. We love those seminars also and really do meet such nice people.

Thanks again for all your help!!

My husband and I were there Friday through Sunday and we had an incredible time! It's a little odd (not to mention out of the way) having the Festival Center in the old WOL pavillion but it's SO nice to not have to stand outside in the heat (and rain) for a wine tasting seminar! Wine seminars are always the highlight for us. You meet wonderful people in line and the seminars we went to this weekend were fantastic. Great wine and interesting vinters.

Food booths also seemed up a notch in quality this year. Food just seemed better to me for some reason. We still enjoyed some of our old favorites - chilaquiles in Mexico, pork pot stickers in China, seafood salad in New Zealand, spanikopita in Greece, quiche in France... Some new favorites included the tomatican in Chile, the pastelon de plantanos amarillos in the Dominican Republic, spicy calamary stew in Spain, and the lasagna in Italy was much better than anything I remember previously from Italy.

We had several great wines around the booths as well. I was a little disappointed in the Australian Wine tasting because it was mostly the same wines as last year, although the cast members working there this weekend were tons of fun! The American Wine Adventure seemed smaller to me this year too. I did like the Vinoteca with wines from Chile and Argentina. There are some tremendous values at that station!! Really good and interesting wines for $2 - $3.

We didn't go on a single ride in the three days we were at Epcot! We had an outstanding time though and can't wait to get back up there for more wine seminars this weekend!

Thanks for the reviews! I can't wait! and if the booth food is even better than last year's, well :cool1:! I'm so happy to hear the lines for the tastings are inside! I had a tough time waiting in the heat last year, one reason we pushed our dates back.

It sounds wonderful! Thanks for all of the info, everyone. I have a question...

Does anyone have the schedule for the wine tastings (FREE!) in the WOL pavillion? It could help us plan when we want to be in line, and for which ones!

Thanks!!

Be advised that while the wine seminars have been moved indoors to the former Wonders of Life pavilion, the culinary demonstrations continue to meet in the Odyssey and that line is located outdoors. and they will NOT let you in if it starts raining.

It sounds wonderful! Thanks for all of the info, everyone. I have a question...

Does anyone have the schedule for the wine tastings (FREE!) in the WOL pavillion? It could help us plan when we want to be in line, and for which ones!

Thanks!!

They are in the guide (link posted on this thread.)

has anyone that has been over so far seen the Sugar Cane Bar in the Dominican Republic exhibit? Any details?
Can't wait, only 12 days left til we arrive! :)

We went Sunday. DH said the the banana flavor is the best. He had them layer the flavors. I did not love the passion fruit. There is also mango.

Here are some pictures of the free seminars:

A Rose by Any Other Name

IMG_3478.jpg

Guenoc Estate Vineyard and Winery, Napa Valley

IMG_3400.jpg

Dominique Macquet, Dominique's Restaurant, New Orleans, LA

IMG_3397.jpg

They have been great this year but get there early (45 minutes ahead) especially on Saturdays!

The History of Beer In America (Boston Beer Company- over near The American Adventure)

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

Are these the free seminars listed in pink in the program at the Festival Center? or are these extra things you stumble upon as you travel around the countries? How crowded would a Sunday be?

Thanks!

whatta ya need to know. I'm here right now. F&WF is as good as always. Did PftS for the first time, thats was neat, except for the down pour prior to entering. I liked it, the wife however is not so food adventurous so it was not so much her thing. But she liked it, didn't eat much but bread and a few other items. I however tried several things, and I really am not sure I want to know what they were. The food around world showcase is as good as in the past. We'll be back at EPCOT again, tomorrow is MGM day for us.

Were the wine glasses you got at the PFTS big (larger than a typical wine glass)?

The big ones from the last few years have been hard to handle, especially trying to hook it on your plate.

Ed

Are these the free seminars listed in pink in the program at the Festival Center? or are these extra things you stumble upon as you travel around the countries? How crowded would a Sunday be?

Thanks!

The first two pictures are two of the free Wine Seminars at the Festival Center (Wonders of Life.) They change every day. Sunday is not as bad as Saturday but you still need to be there way ahead to get in. The third picture is one of the Culinary Demonstrations at the Odyssey. The Beer one is over near the AA.

The History of Beer In America (Boston Beer Company- over near The American Adventure)

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

Is this new? Or did we miss that last year?

Could someone please post the program again? I can't open the one that is posted & it keeps locking up my computer.

The Sam Adams one has been around for a while. There was a free InBev one (Great Beers of The World) last year near the UK/Rose and Crown. I think Bush distributes InBev products now so you can find them over at Sea World/Bush Gardens but not WDW anymore:) The free tea one is not in the UK anymore either. Now it is a paid seminar.

The Sam Adams one has been around for a while. There was a free InBev one (History of Beer in America) last year near the UK/Rose and Crown. I think Bush distributes InBev products now so you can find them over at Sea World/Bush Gardens but not WDW anymore:) The free tea one is not in the UK anymore either. Now it is a paid seminar.

Thanks Patricia! We somehow missed both the Sam Adams one & the InBev last year! :confused3 I guess since we were newbies, I'm hoping we're a lot better at catching more of the seminars & free tastings this year!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter