*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

OK quick question, I have an expried driving liscense which obviously has my photo on and dob. Do you think they will accept this as photo ID for Kitchen Memories or do you think they will question it? I don't particularly like carrying around my passport all the time. I usually use my expired liscense for drinks when carded and never had a problem previously but wasn't sure about for this event? What do people think?

I think you'll be fine! :thumbsup2 The license has your name and likeness on it - I'm pretty sure that's all the CMs are looking for. I'd be surprised if they took the time to look at dates, etc. ;)

Anyone not get a phone call for wine view lounge this year. It seems strange to me to not have a phone call.

I think you'll be fine! :thumbsup2 The license has your name and likeness on it - I'm pretty sure that's all the CMs are looking for. I'd be surprised if they took the time to look at dates, etc. ;)

Thanks. This is what I was thinking but wanted someone to back up my logic :cool1:

You're a star!

Anyone not get a phone call for wine view lounge this year. It seems strange to me to not have a phone call.

None this year. Not sure we got one last year either, now that I think about it. I do remember getting the 'this is a dressy event, do you have any allergies' call in the past. Cost cutting? Or are they assuming it's all online now? Wonder if they would turn anyone away for showing up in a bathing suit? :scratchin (Still going to be dressing up myself, that is part of the fun.)

Hi everyone! DH and I love the food and wine festival, and somewhat sadly, our trip has already come and gone:(! We are expecting and I had to forego the lovely wine tasting this time around. We are beginning to plan for next year, but we will have our baby girl along with us. I've seen young kids in the deminars, but we have not yet done any of the special event lunches or dinners. We would really like to try out a few, but not knowing what they are like, ie, ease of stepping out of the room if needed, attitude of hosts toward even well behaved children, etc, we aren't sure what we may do. Have any of you known of attendees with young kids at such events? Of course, I would not take her if she were a fussy baby.
Thanks!

Hi everyone! DH and I love the food and wine festival, and somewhat sadly, our trip has already come and gone:(! We are expecting and I had to forego the lovely wine tasting this time around. We are beginning to plan for next year, but we will have our baby girl along with us. I've seen young kids in the deminars, but we have not yet done any of the special event lunches or dinners. We would really like to try out a few, but not knowing what they are like, ie, ease of stepping out of the room if needed, attitude of hosts toward even well behaved children, etc, we aren't sure what we may do. Have any of you known of attendees with young kids at such events? Of course, I would not take her if she were a fussy baby.
Thanks!

They will charge you for her,

That said, I don't think a baby is appropriate at the special event lunches & dinners. Other guests are spending significant money on these events as well & having to worry about if a child is going to behave or not that you could be sat near is not fun.

At my Le Cellier signature lunch, one party did bring an infant. The other guests were shocked. I made sure I was sat as far away as I could be after seeing the child scream for a while as we were waiting to be sat after the reception.

There are babysitters you can use as needed that can provide 24 hour care.

By the way someone posted they got into PFTS at 6 last week. Not happening this week. But you can check in now. They say they open the gate to World Showcase at 6:30.

Not a problem. There is an Off Kilter show at 6:15 and the weather is perfect

Update. They let us into World Shiwcase but then they are just shoving us in a packed waiting area. My advice if you have reserved seating don't get here too early

We has reserve seating for our first try at PFTS. I was stunned at the disorganization of check-in. We arrived early to find no sign directing us where to go. The CMs were overwhelmed. When we finally got into the right line, we stood for 20 minutes while ONE CM checked in all reserved seating. She eventually got some helpers to put on wrist bands.
I know we didn't spring for Wine View, but I thought that reserved seating would have kept us from feeling like cattle.
The food was good, not great. For over $300 a couple, we expected more and having done it once, we will not return. Just one more disappointment in a snake-bit trip.

Sorry you didn't like the food. I thought a lot of it was excellent. My only real disappointment food wise was the crabcake from Wolfgang puck. Very dry and tasteless. Also was not overly impressed with the pork belly dish

Loved the braised pork cheeks and pheasant dishes.

They will charge you for her, That said, I don't think a baby is appropriate at the special event lunches & dinners. Other guests are spending significant money on these events as well & having to worry about if a child is going to behave or not that you could be sat near is not fun. At my Le Cellier signature lunch, one party did bring an infant. The other guests were shocked. I made sure I was sat as far away as I could be after seeing the child scream for a while as we were waiting to be sat after the reception. There are babysitters you can use as needed that can provide 24 hour care.
Hmm, babysitting is not an option for a preverbal child in my opinion, so I guess we'll just see as the time gets closer.

They were checking picture IDs for the person who made the reservation at the Kitchen Memories lunch today so anyone who showed up in someone else's spot technically should have been turned away. There were three people sitting across from us today so I"m curious if they got the "extra" tickets. I didn't ask though, didn't think of it until just now.

The lunch was great! I admit I didn't care for the first course, but most people seemed to love it. The entree was chicken and was very good. The dessert was excellent. The Voltaggios were very entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have at Party for the Senses tomorrow!

Ha! That's funny. I liked the first course, but didn't care for the second. My chicken was dry, so I think I just got a bad one.

Is there a place for commentary on the 3D Dessert Party? How does this year's compare to previous years. We went on Friday and I found it to be quite poor. I thought the desserts lacked variety and were so overwhelmingly sweet. I just couldn't eat that stuff. I wound up eating fresh fruit instead. Disappointing.
I liked the fresh baked soufflé in the sweet seats area, but that was about it.

Is there a website where I can get individual food booth reviews? FoodBLog has only pictures and I wanted reviews.
Thanks

You can rate the food booths here http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3SHD3GY. And the results of what people rated are here https://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=_2fbu1c2dcK_2f7cdor4yymkFHhRGPdJ0SJ95XeTmFjWPmQ_3d. I bookmark the last URL on my mobile device and then use that in line at the booth to decide what wine got the best rankings at that booth, and what food I may want to stay away from.

This survey is run by the AllEars.net website.

I actually got a survey from Disney. One of the steps was it gave me a selection of menu items at the booths and I assigned them to various categories including "actually purchased" and something "no way" (Along with some in between) For the menu items I put in the actually purchased i had to fill out a 4 part question on each one regarding taste, value would I buy again etc.. For the ones I said "no way" I had to say why (Both of them were from that fake meat booth and I hated them last year...) It also asked me about my experience at PFTS since I said I attended that... It was actually a fairly long survey!

I can't seem to find any reviews this year on new French Regional lunch. Has anyone gone? Are there some reviews buried in this thread? I am starting to have second thoughts about my reservation since an old 2011 review showed lamb and seafood as two of the courses and I don't like either. I thought I remember they don't really accommodate food preferences in these lunches and you get what they serve.

Has anyone attended the Mexico Tequila Lunch this year?? We're going to our first one next week and I was curious how people are liking it this year...

Has anyone attended the Mexico Tequila Lunch this year?? We're going to our first one next week and I was curious how people are liking it this year...

We did it a week ago tomorrow. It was me, my boyfriend, my brother, and my brother's friend. We all liked it very much. I'm not sure how to add a pic from my phone, but the amount of glasses with different tequilas on the table was a sight! We started with a welcome margarita that was made with tequila, gin, some other alcohol? Also looked milky but it was rice water giving that consistency, no milk or cream. Cinnamon as well. This was great! And they gave us seconds when we asked, and then there were extras when it was over, so we drank those too. They wouldn't let us take them to go.

We also enjoyed learning the correct way to drink the straight tequilas. Food was good too. There was a cilantro soup that was really great. Overall we had a great experience and I hope we can do it again next year.

I can't seem to find any reviews this year on new French Regional lunch. Has anyone gone? Are there some reviews buried in this thread? I am starting to have second thoughts about my reservation since an old 2011 review showed lamb and seafood as two of the courses and I don't like either. I thought I remember they don't really accommodate food preferences in these lunches and you get what they serve.

When is your reservation? We will be attending Nov 3 (next week! :cool1:), so I can post something shortly there after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter