*2013* epcot food & wine festival 9/27-11/11

Has anyone attended the Mexico Tequila Lunch this year?? We're going to our first one next week and I was curious how people are liking it this year...

I went for the first time this year and my group enjoyed it. Confirmed that I don't really care for tequila but it was very interesting to learn about it and the presenter was entertaining. Food was very good. I think this was worth the price to do once.

My husband and I went to the Robert Burns Supper on Thurs. This event was wonderful! My husband is a big Scotch drinker but I don't like it. It was well worth $125 even without drinking the Scotch (hubby happily took mine). Food was extremely high quality and I think the filet mignon was the best I've ever had, at any restaurant. Entertainment was excellent too. It wasn't quite sold out, but I really hope Disney brings this back next year.

I decided to spend my annual bonus on all the F & W things I'd always wanted to try. I also did PFTS and 3D Dessert. Both were big letdowns. The Dessert party was good for the "savory" items and the drinks. But the desserts were a huge disappointment. They certainly weren't the stars of the evening. Mass produced and not very good - reminded me of cruise ship buffet desserts. Highlight was flambé donut with ice cream - but it was just a fancy donut. Overall, I think we got $55 worth from the drinks and other food but I probably won't do it again.

The PFTS was a huge letdown. It was bad enough I had to stand in a mob for an hour before the dessert party that cost $55. It is absolutely ridiculous that Disney makes people stand packed in like sardines for an event that we paid $145 for! We arrived an hour early so we could get a table and were very near the front of the line. There were very few tables for the "cheap" seats and we didn't get one. It was very difficult and uncomfortable to drink and eat standing for 2+ hours (after we'd already been standing in line for an hour). I was surprised at the lack of food offerings. We were full and the food was high quality, but there weren't nearly as many options as I expected for $145. And we were looking forward to trying the bacon ice cream, but there were at least 100 people waiting in line for it towards the end of the night when we were ready for dessert. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about how much I spent for 4 of us to attend this. We could've had a wonderful, relaxing meal at a Signature restaurant for far less (and my husband wouldn't have been cranky after getting hit by someone in a scooter!).

Question about the F&W festival merchandise. If we're going to be there during race weekend, are they going to be out of some things? With it being the last weekend and all. I'm in the process of moving and would like to get something cute for the new kitchen :) I saw some of the merch on the interwebs somewhere, but didn't see any pricing…. anyone have ideas?

PoohCorner71 said:
Has anyone attended the Mexico Tequila Lunch this year?? We're going to our first one next week and I was curious how people are liking it this year...

We did it and enjoyed it very much. The food was all good and fun to taste tequila with someone explaining the differences.

We had someone at our table who has attended this event each year and he said it keeps getting better

We had an amazing time at the PFTS. Thought I'd follow up with the answer to my question since it wasn't easy to find online or even on property!
We checked in and got our wristbands just before 5pm at the entrance to the PFTS between Cananda and UK. They were already there with a podium and cast members and there was no wait. We then headed over to the concert, showed our wristbands and were walked to excellent reserved seats for PFTS guests - for the 5:30 concert.

For the record, the crowds at Epcot were large but it wasn't as bad as we thought it might be. There were long lines for food booths. If I had the choice, I'd wait until Sunday to attend, as the crowds were 1/10 the size the next night!

. Where at the World Showplace do you check in to get a wrist band before the concert? And starting at what time do you need to do that to get seated at the concert?

And didn't mean to confuse anyone about 38 special- I meant this coming weekend!

We has reserve seating for our first try at PFTS. I was stunned at the disorganization of check-in. We arrived early to find no sign directing us where to go. The CMs were overwhelmed. When we finally got into the right line, we stood for 20 minutes while ONE CM checked in all reserved seating. She eventually got some helpers to put on wrist bands.
I know we didn't spring for Wine View, but I thought that reserved seating would have kept us from feeling like cattle.
The food was good, not great. For over $300 a couple, we expected more and having done it once, we will not return. Just one more disappointment in a snake-bit trip.

We were there last Saturday as well and didn't find it disorganized at all. We checked in righr away, got our wristbands, went out and watched off-Kilter and the drunken purple shirt people. We did wait in line inside for about 15 minutes but spent the time talking with other people in line.

Enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and drink. We were seated right next to the Wine view people. Really liked the Beef Short Ribs, the Venison Loin, the Shrimp Ceviche. Non-favorites included the mushroom risotto (it was cold), and the roasted pigs head barbecue (just flavorless).

Looking at the menu I see how many things we missed. There's just so much to take in that it's hard to get to everything!

We were there last Saturday as well and didn't find it disorganized at all. We checked in righr away, got our wristbands, went out and watched off-Kilter and the drunken purple shirt people. We did wait in line inside for about 15 minutes but spent the time talking with other people in line.

Enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and drink. We were seated right next to the Wine view people. Really liked the Beef Short Ribs, the Venison Loin, the Shrimp Ceviche. Non-favorites included the mushroom risotto (it was cold), and the roasted pigs head barbecue (just flavorless).

Looking at the menu I see how many things we missed. There's just so much to take in that it's hard to get to everything!

One of the things I have learned is that I have to take the time to read the menu early so I can find what I want. Did well this year. Only missed one desert and honestly if I had shoved that in my system I would have paid for it......

I had a great time. I probably won't do next year, I just booked my DVC stay for the very first week (assuming they stick to the same schedule) That way I can use this year's AP which expires 10/2 or so....

Question about the F&W festival merchandise. If we're going to be there during race weekend, are they going to be out of some things? With it being the last weekend and all. I'm in the process of moving and would like to get something cute for the new kitchen :) I saw some of the merch on the interwebs somewhere, but didn't see any pricing…. anyone have ideas?

Last year they were out of some merchandise items, but still had a good selection and they were on sale.

If you wanted the bacon ice cream without standing in line, you had to get it first, without waiting for what you would think of as "dessert time" (I learned this years ago with PFTS...do it backwards. Get the must have desserts. Then toward the end of the night when everyone else is in line for dessert, you can just walk up and get the must-have savory items without waiting for those.)

I can't imagine them having "too few options." I did not get to everything and I didn't repeat anything either. But then there isn't much I won't eat.

Hi everyone! DH and I love the food and wine festival, and somewhat sadly, our trip has already come and gone:(! We are expecting and I had to forego the lovely wine tasting this time around. We are beginning to plan for next year, but we will have our baby girl along with us. I've seen young kids in the deminars, but we have not yet done any of the special event lunches or dinners. We would really like to try out a few, but not knowing what they are like, ie, ease of stepping out of the room if needed, attitude of hosts toward even well behaved children, etc, we aren't sure what we may do. Have any of you known of attendees with young kids at such events? Of course, I would not take her if she were a fussy baby.
Thanks!

These events are not intended for children. That said, there are a few instances of persons bringing children, even infants, to signature events/special events. They DO charge for each person present regardless of their age or whether they will be eating.

I believe they charge in order to keep the events "adult" and discourage the presence of very young children.

I can't seem to find any reviews this year on new French Regional lunch. Has anyone gone? Are there some reviews buried in this thread? I am starting to have second thoughts about my reservation since an old 2011 review showed lamb and seafood as two of the courses and I don't like either. I thought I remember they don't really accommodate food preferences in these lunches and you get what they serve.

The menu for tomorrow includes a first course of pate and main course of beef. We stopped in to the restaurant tonight since neither of us eat red meat or pork. The manager went back and talked to the chef, who has noted these limitations and assured us we will have something to eat.

Quick question about the French Regional Lunch today--is there a "dress code" or are shorts and t's okay?

If you wanted the bacon ice cream without standing in line, you had to get it first, without waiting for what you would think of as "dessert time" (I learned this years ago with PFTS...do it backwards. Get the must have desserts. Then toward the end of the night when everyone else is in line for dessert, you can just walk up and get the must-have savory items without waiting for those.)

I can't imagine them having "too few options." I did not get to everything and I didn't repeat anything either. But then there isn't much I won't eat.

Completely forgot to comment on the desserts. Most of them were very good, but I would have to say my favorite was from my home state man, Dana Herbert!

While it wasn't the "Apple French Toast" as advertised - The Peach Cobbler was delicious - I had it with the Rosemary ice cream. Yummy.

The assorted chocolates from Moonstruck were yummy - I brought a few of them home. The Chocolate Pistachio bar was good too as was the Salted Caramel Budino. Was disappointed in the Coconut Key Lime Sundae.

The menu for tomorrow includes a first course of pate and main course of beef. We stopped in to the restaurant tonight since neither of us eat red meat or pork. The manager went back and talked to the chef, who has noted these limitations and assured us we will have something to eat.

Thanks so much. Heading to Epcot today and will try to stop by the restaurant tonight to make a similar request.

I need to find out if I can take food and wine fest food outside of Epcot.

Can I take the food samples out if I bring in a tupper ware container?

I know this is an odd request and I'll explain below.

My Grandma who has been looking forward to going won't be able to go due to some miscommunication and her health with no one to transport her, etc.

I'd take her myself but I don't have the means and I only have my season pass and can't afford to pay for her ticket and the food. (The ticket was supposed to be taken care of)

Anyway. She has been a before a long time ago and was looking forward to the Escargot again and trying a few other options.

My thought might be that since she lives close by I could bring them to her. but it's almost embarrassing to try to do something like this without people knowing the back story. I would be willing to risk the embarrassment as long as it was allowed.

Has anyone done anything like this?

I can't seem to find any reviews this year on new French Regional lunch. Has anyone gone? Are there some reviews buried in this thread? I am starting to have second thoughts about my reservation since an old 2011 review showed lamb and seafood as two of the courses and I don't like either. I thought I remember they don't really accommodate food preferences in these lunches and you get what they serve.

the menu changes weekly. The one I went to had sweetbreads, sausage and chicken as the proteins.

Can I take the food samples out if I bring in a tupper ware container?

I know this is an odd request and I'll explain below.

My Grandma who has been looking forward to going won't be able to go due to some miscommunication and her health with no one to transport her, etc.

I'd take her myself but I don't have the means and I only have my season pass and can't afford to pay for her ticket and the food. (The ticket was supposed to be taken care of)

Anyway. She has been a before a long time ago and was looking forward to the Escargot again and trying a few other options.

My thought might be that since she lives close by I could bring them to her. but it's almost embarrassing to try to do something like this without people knowing the back story. I would be willing to risk the embarrassment as long as it was allowed.

Has anyone done anything like this?

You can take food out of the park, but no alcohol! I tried to leave once with a cup of water and was stopped! :blush: Once they found out it was only water, I was allowed to leave with it! (I often take food to go from Epcot back to my resort room - no one has ever challenged that! ;))

Sorry, I should have been more clear -- no open alcohol beverages! As TDC Nala said in her post, below, you can take sealed bottles out of the park.

You cannot leave the park with open alcohol. If you want to bring out wine you would need to purchase a sealed bottle.

Anything else you want to take out, that is up to you to choose it and pack it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter