2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Was tempted until I saw how far removed the actual Park and the course was from "Paris"

Was tempted until I saw how far removed the actual Park and the course was from "Paris"

This is true. It is pretty much out in the suburbs of Paris. Much like a WDW race would not run through downtown Orlando, the Paris course will be no where near the Paris city center. However, unlike Orlando though you can take a train right from the city to the entrance of the park and probably near where the race itself will start.

Wow this is interesting! And a good excuse to travel to France...(as if it was needed, right?)

I ran PHM but must have totally missed this announcement. I signed up for the emails and have no idea of anything happening at Disneyland Paris, but I think this could actually be very fun! I guess I have some time to start researching!

This would be a very fun trend for them to start. Imagine running through Hong Kong or DisneySea?

My DH and I are planning a trip to Hawaii next fall for our 25th wedding anniversary, but Paris would be a great place to celebrate, too!! Hmmmmm, decisions, decisions

Wouldn't that be a Continent to Continent medal? :) Everyone in my corral was super excited when the announcement was made at the Princess Half, but I was sort of hoping for a WDW Star Wars race. :) I bet it will be AWESOME, though!

I'm on a facebook page where we are discussing this. I didn't run princess this year, but saw people posting about the announcement on the RunDisney Facebook page. I asked on the other facebook page (not the official RunDisney one) why they don't have it on the RunDisney twitter account, website, etc. Someone suggested that it might be run by a different company, not RunDisney.

How do you all feel about that? Generally, I'm reluctant to sign up for any inaugural races-especially one that will cost so much money. I did do the Star Wars and Avengers halves in the past few months--but only because they were RunDisney and I know they know how to put on a great race.

Have you all heard that it might be a different race company, and how do you feel about it?

Actually after the disaster that was the first Wine and Dine I have this feeling that even thought it's RunDisney they start each race as if "we have never run a race before" I welcome more professional management :)

I made the trip when I visited Paris a few years ago and it felt easier than a trip to WDW from the Orlando airport. Got up and met a friend at the train station, chilled on the train until we got to the park, did all the rides and ate a lovely chocolate filled brioche, and hopped on the train home. The Indiana Jones ride there is a roller coaster, and I like it better than the one at DL. The only thing I didn't like was that aside from the English, Europeans seem to regard lines and queing as optional.

SOO excited about this! Not sure how my piggy bank is going to be able to swing this and all the other races I would love to run.

Woohoo!! I am so in for this! I'm still kicking myself for not making it to DLP when I was in Paris 13 years ago, even though I was a poor college student who didn't have much money to spare. This is the perfect "excuse" to finally making it out there!

I was also wondering why it wasn't mentioned on the RunDisney page - you'd think even if it was managed by another race company, it would still fall under the runDisney umbrella, but I could be wrong. I'll be in regardless of who is running the race.

So excited about this announcement, Paris is only an hours flight away!

I visited before while staying in the city centre and it's really accessable just a train ride away.

I imagine it will be, or at least have information about it.

I was wondering about this, too. Will it actually be run by runDisney, or will there be a different company operating the race since it's not in the US?

If you look on rD Facebook page they mentioned it a few days ago. Sorry cannot figure out how to save the picture

I was wondering about this, too. Will it actually be run by runDisney, or will there be a different company operating the race since it's not in the US?

I expect they will use a local company to help them just like they use TrackShack now. (And honestly is that a bad idea? Anyone remember the first Wine and Dine or Tower of Terror. Maybe an outside company won't try to "reinvent the wheel just to screw up in a new and creative way" LOL!)

Looks like they are getting a wee bit more official. I wonder if they are concerned that they won't sell out in an hour.

Untitled.jpg

If you click the link, it gives you a pop-up that says you're going to a site not run by runDisney. Kinda concerning?

It's just a registration page on Disneyland Paris' site, but still ...

If you click the link, it gives you a pop-up that says you're going to a site not run by runDisney. Kinda concerning?

It's just a registration page on Disneyland Paris' site, but still ...

Yup ... But it's still semi-reassuring that it might actually happen :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter