2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Wow that's getting real!

Personally I think it will take a few days to sell out. There's probably not the huge existing demand that there is in the US, but there are plenty of people in Europe who have been hanging out for years to do a RunDisney race! I know because I followed the DLP forum in the lead up to my trip there in 2013, and there was plenty of talk of it back then!

I wonder when it goes on sale, will it be at noon EST like the other RunDisney events? That would put it at 6 pm Paris time? I think it will sell out as fast as Wine and Dine did this year!

I wonder when it goes on sale, will it be at noon EST like the other RunDisney events? That would put it at 6 pm Paris time? I think it will sell out as fast as Wine and Dine did this year!

As much as 6pm Paris time could actually be quite convenient for people to register after work... Why would they work in US time for a race in Europe? Especially as it sounds like the management of the event will be outsourced to a local company.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it sell out within an hour like other RunDisney events.

I spoke the RunDisney rep at the London Marathon Expo two weeks ago and he advised that they plan to sell race entry as package with hotel and park tickets included. I am not sure how that will work, but we will wait and see (he did say you could add non-runners to the booking as well). He also said that race entry would be released in October.

I spoke the RunDisney rep at the London Marathon Expo two weeks ago and he advised that they plan to sell race entry as package with hotel and park tickets included. I am not sure how that will work, but we will wait and see (he did say you could add non-runners to the booking as well). He also said that race entry would be released in October.

I hope it's just an 'option' to purchase the package ... We plan to run the race, but not do the park. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out!

-Brian

Hmmm. So, it will basically be like buying a bib through a runDisney travel agent.

That doesn't really surprise me. DLP is already pretty 'package based' with their onsite accommodation including park tickets too. It would be a bit silly for locals who want to do the run though. I guess they're expecting a lot of out of towners.

Has anyone else just received an email from RunDisney about this? No real information that I could see unfortunately

Last edited:
Has anyone else just received an email from RunDisney about this? No real information that I could see unfortunately

No official runDisney emails to me yet. But I figure they are coming out of peak season (3½ months without an event) so they may be getting something put together now. And although we all are clamoring for information, it just may not be available yet until all the contracts and agreements have been hammered out. Patience is a virtue I lack sometimes.....:yo-yo::tongue:

I have to redact my last statement...I just got an email (literally like a minute ago) from Disneyland Paris...Nothing really new, though.

DLP Half email.png

As a quick update, I did get something from Acclaim travel today who offer packages with race entry for RunDisney events. It seems like there must have been some kind of presentation about it all yesterday that prompted both emails. Here is the content of the email:

Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris Half-Marathon Inaugural Weekend
September 23-25 2016

We just had a meeting today (5/12) with our runDisney rep. He just returned from Disney Paris.
Listening to him over lunch talking about the race course and the Disney Paris Parks made it sound so exciting. I cant wait to run the race and visit the parks

We will start selling right around Oct 1st. He feels runDisney will offer a complete race package for this, which will include Race Entry, Hotel room stay, plus park tickets. This will make things very easy. Also there will be many add ons ( tour trips to Paris ect) for this race which we will be able to get. The details on most of these add ons are still be worked out. Along with pricing for race, hotels and park tickets. As soon as I get more info I will send out an email. But all in all it sounds very exciting

So there is something on the horizon and this seems to re-confirm the packages idea that has been talked about to date.

As a quick update, I did get something from Acclaim travel today who offer packages with race entry for RunDisney events. It seems like there must have been some kind of presentation about it all yesterday that prompted both emails. Here is the content of the email:

Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris Half-Marathon Inaugural Weekend
September 23-25 2016

We just had a meeting today (5/12) with our runDisney rep. He just returned from Disney Paris.
Listening to him over lunch talking about the race course and the Disney Paris Parks made it sound so exciting. I cant wait to run the race and visit the parks

We will start selling right around Oct 1st. He feels runDisney will offer a complete race package for this, which will include Race Entry, Hotel room stay, plus park tickets. This will make things very easy. Also there will be many add ons ( tour trips to Paris ect) for this race which we will be able to get. The details on most of these add ons are still be worked out. Along with pricing for race, hotels and park tickets. As soon as I get more info I will send out an email. But all in all it sounds very exciting

So there is something on the horizon and this seems to re-confirm the packages idea that has been talked about to date.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of deposit will be necessary to book a package with race entry? It's one thing to pay a race entry 11 months in advance, but paying a deposit for a room & ticket package is a whole new added expense for me. Trying to figure out how much I'll need to budget for October.

Eeeeek it's all becoming very real now! Assuming they are going to have some sort of challenge within the weekend, I'd be very surprised if they don't sell race entry seperately as well.

How can they not sell entries separately? Anyone who lives in or around Paris is not going to want to pay for a hotel. I'm sure the Acclaim guy was focused on the packages because that's what they're going to sell to the Americans and Canadians who want to make the trip over for the race. Personally, I'll buy just a race entry and handle the rest of the trip on my own. Airbnb is much cheaper than a standard hotel.

Airbnb is exactly what I was thinking. The package makes sense for people who are not comfortable with overseas travel, but for those with experience or who live nearby, there needs to be a la carte. Acclaim's big advantage is not having to register in a panic at exactly the moment it opens.

I just posted a request on the podcast board for segment on planning your first trip Disneyland Paris. Hopefully the podcast team will respond, but the request might get more traction if there are some additional comments to the thread. If you all are interested, the thread is here:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/podcast-segment-idea-request.3410652/
That's a good idea. I believe john Kevin and Pete have been to Paris. I also believe john and kevin have an upcoming trip somewhere down the line where they are going to DLP.

Don't forget there's also the DLP part of the boards to help you plan your trip :thumbsup2 It's not just locals on there, but people from all over the world planning their trips and sharing their TRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter