2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

I also noticed that you will need to have a certificate of medical compliance when picking up your bib.

My sister and I are thinking about running this race...still waaaaayyy too early in the planning for us. But, anyways....would the packages thru a TA be at a discount or will they be just the same as if I were to do it myself? I prefer to plan my own vacations and am not a fan of using a TA. If there's a discount though I might consider it.

My sister and I are thinking about running this race...still waaaaayyy too early in the planning for us. But, anyways....would the packages thru a TA be at a discount or will they be just the same as if I were to do it myself? I prefer to plan my own vacations and am not a fan of using a TA. If there's a discount though I might consider it.

Sounds like it won't be discounted, but it's probably going to be the only way to guarantee your place.

ok, I found this hilarious....hahaha, I guess the USSR is making a comeback! this is the country selection options:

ussr.png

I'm dismayed that most (if not all) entries will go to packages. I don't know of many races with international draw that require such a thing. It takes "runcation" to new heights and diminishes the focus on RUNNING.

I'm dismayed that most (if not all) entries will go to packages. I don't know of many races with international draw that require such a thing. It takes "runcation" to new heights and diminishes the focus on RUNNING.

I'm kinda with you. If the packages require more than a 2-night or so stay, then we'll likely be out. That time of year is already very busy for the husband (baseball playoffs, start of NFL), so at most, he can probably only be out of the country for seven days, including the flight back. There's no way he'll be on-board if we have to stay out of Paris proper for more than 2 nights so I can run a half marathon. The night before and the night of/after the half? Sure. More than that? I can't ask him to take off work time and time away on his "vacation" for something he's not participating and is not super into when we could do something like the Paris Semi that actually traverses through Paris for much less of a cost and he wouldn't have to lose much (if any) of his vacation time for it.

has anyone booked with a disney travel agency before?
Just wondering if they will require full payment in October or a down payment or just your registration fee?
Definitely will be a different experience to say the least.

I also noticed that you will need to have a certificate of medical compliance when picking up your bib.
This is standard for all races in France, I needed one for the Paris Marathon in April and my friends that have competed in the UTMB races have all needed them too.

Does anyone have any insider info on what kind of deposit will be required to book these packages?

Disney's not nearly as bad as Competitor (RnR) when it comes to the first running of an event, but they've been know to have a few bobbles along the way.

Really? The first Wine and Dine was an epic mess. The first TofT 13K was another disaster I have never forgotten LOL!

I am watching..signed up for Princess just in case I can go so I can get Castle to Chateau. But having been to DLP a few times I don't ever really have to go back so I want to spend the minimum amount of time possible at DLP LOL! So if the packages all have long stays I am not booking... Guess I have to wait and see.

Does anyone have any information out of the Press Event that was held in DLP today. All I've managed to find is a couple of posts from @ED92 on Twitter. They show a route for the conclusion of the race, looks like it's going to finish in the Hub area of the Disneyland Park!

I wonder what the prices will be...my last couple of Paris trips usually cost me at least $1000 just for the flight so this trip could get to be expensive. I think I might have to delay it a year.

My thoughts on the bullet points from the aforementioned blog post:

1) Pre-race party on 9/23.
If it is handled better than the state side parties, it may be worth it. It is also my first trip to DLP, so it may have added benefits to have limited crowds.
2) 5K is on 9/24 @ 7am, capped at 5,500 participants. I like that this field is somewhat large. I like the start time even better!!!!
3) Half marathon on 9/25 @ 7am, capped at 12,000 participants. I like the later start time, but it seems that this participant field is extremely small for a Disney race.
4) No theme. To me Disney is a theme. Marathon week doesn't have a theme (except the 5K, sometimes) so its not a big deal for me.
5) 2/3 of the bibs (8,000) will be sold as packages (travel/resort/tickets/race registration) on sale October 6. Seems a bit of a money grab, I've registered through travel providers for some runDisney stateside races, without issue or incident. I am hoping the same happens for this race.
6) 1/3 of the bibs (4,000) will be targeted for Europeans on sale January 2016 at an estimated cost of 55 Euro. Normally, I wouldn't have an issue with waiting until 'standard' registration, but with only 1/3 of the bibs available and those being 'targeted toward Europeans', I am lerry of waiting as an American traveler. I do think the price is a great deal for a Disney race though.

I hope that the package prices released on the 6-Oct are not obscenely high or that you need to get two packages if you wish to participate in both the 5K and the Half. Time will tell.

I've got my sights set on one of the 4,000 bibs. I wonder if they'll have an early registration for AP and DVC people.

Ugh, this is frustrating. I don't mind waiting until January to register but now I'm afraid it's going to sell out. We're dvc so I don't need a room package. DH and I were planning a DLP trip for sept 16 before we knew about the race, so we'll be there either way, but we really want to do this race. I really don't understand why they're pushing the packages so hard. Maybe they'll have a race/tickets only package? Yeah, even I doubt that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter