2017-18 NHL Playoffs—all welcome

I'm torn between wanting to see history (how many expansion teams do you think will ever win a title in their first year from now on?) and slightly wanting Ovechkin to get a title so he gets rid of the "can't win a big one" stigma (only slightly b/c while he is on a rival team, he is also tormented by Penguin fans who are also rivals and I'd rather them lose one bragging point somewhere). Which I always feel is unfair in team sports regardless to always put that on players. Some just get better supporting casts.

Agreed. It's not fair to put it all on Ovechkin. After all, the Caps have a long long record of futility that started long before he got there. I mean look at the Pens. Some of their players are now figuring well for Vegas. So it It wasn't all Crosby.

Thoroughly enjoying myself watching the game at Planet Hollywood in Vegas even though VGK are losing. Sadly tonight is not as an exquisite showcase of hockey as game 2 was. But as the crowd here and the commentators are saying—nothing is over!!!

Way to go Caps!!

For the second series in a row, Vegas finds themselves down. Hopefully Washington can go down to Vegas with a 3-1 series lead.

This is a hard view to hate. They don’t like to lose multiple games in a row...hoping they use that fire and talent to crush tonight!! Go Knights Go!!!!

Attachments

• 186F8F34-BAFC-4156-8AAE-A390885A6442.jpeg
    186F8F34-BAFC-4156-8AAE-A390885A6442.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 9
Uh what? Yeah, that last series really went poorly for the Knights.

They lost the first game so they were down 1-0 to the Jets. We don’t need to talk about what happened after that lol

Ugh!! After a strong start with lots of pressure, I can’t believe VGK are down 0-3!! If they can’t pull out of this game, they can’t win the series. (And I’ll feel awful my SO spent so much for us to potentially watch the Caps hoist the Cup!!)

But if this year of sports has taught us anything, from UMBC to VGK, it’s that literally anything can happen. Can’t give up now!! Still sending positive vibes!!

Really rooting for the Knights here. I really wasn't a Fleury lover here in Pittsburgh, but would like to see him do well. Oddly, I also wouldn't mind seeing Ovechkin get a cup either. Greatest goal scorer the last 10 or so years. Always nice to see the greats get a cup. But not really wanting to see the Caps win a cup.

Ugh!! After a strong start with lots of pressure, I can’t believe VGK are down 0-3!! If they can’t pull out of this game, they can’t win the series. (And I’ll feel awful my SO spent so much for us to potentially watch the Caps hoist the Cup!!)

But if this year of sports has taught us anything, from UMBC to VGK, it’s that literally anything can happen. Can’t give up now!! Still sending positive vibes!!

I remember having that kind of hope lol

I sure wish this Vegas team had shown up to play the Jets instead of the team we played.

I remember having that kind of hope lol

I sure wish this Vegas team had shown up to play the Jets instead of the team we played.

Okay.

Not sure what’s happened to Fleury this game! Although I guess I do know—the Caps are just so, so offensively talented and Fleury’s numbers against Ovi (who I consider the best player in the NHL) have always been crappy.

It’ll be interesting to see when this series ends which narrative the naysayers will get to go with—the Knights never had a chance and are and were always going to be a subpar team that got lucky OR they were unfairly stacked to succeed and that’s the only reason they came out on top. Nothing’s been determined yet!!!!

Well, it isn’t over yet but it will take a Herculean effort by Vegas to win four in a row..especially against Holtby.

Vegas has had a great run, but it just doesn’t look like it was meant to be this year. They’re like that NFL team that went undefeated all season and then lost the Super Bowl.

Come on September!!

Okay.

Not sure what’s happened to Fleury this game! Although I guess I do know—the Caps are just so, so offensively talented and Fleury’s numbers against Ovi (who I consider the best player in the NHL) have always been crappy.

It’ll be interesting to see when this series ends which narrative the naysayers will get to go with—the Knights never had a chance and are and were always going to be a subpar team that got lucky OR they were unfairly stacked to succeed and that’s the only reason they came out on top. Nothing’s been determined yet!!!!

Who cares what the haters say? Haters gonna hate. But do you know what they really hate? Vegas fans will move on with their lives win or lose and will have plenty of things to do. It's just a game. The haters will brood the entire off season. Enjoy game 5.

Disappointing for the Knights so far, hoping they can turn things around at home, but I don’t see them hoisting the cup this year.
Regardless they have done amazing and should be proud.
@kimblebee I think the Jets would have been a better match for the Caps.

Who cares what the haters say? Haters gonna hate. But do you know what they really hate? Vegas fans will move on with their lives win or lose and will have plenty of things to do. It's just a game. The haters will brood the entire off season. Enjoy game 5.

Some friends and I talk of this same thing from time to time. Yes, we like our Florida teams to do well. But if they don't, they don't. We just go onto something else. We pull for the Lightning, but when it was obvious the Craps were going to win the series we moved on, lots of things to do in Florida. We'll wait for next year, it always arrives. The northern cities seem to suffer when their teams aren't doing well. Thing is, most of the players don't care about the fans and most of the football and baseball players have a connection to Fla, Texas and California. I know that when the Steelers are having a bad year the whole city is depressed, in fact the local economy suffers, I'm sure it would be the same in other north eastern cities. Lots of the northern fans really identify with their teams, what I mean is they think they are better than someone from a city with a struggling team. Not long ago I ran into a lady wearing a packers shirt in Wash DC. She asked where I was from. She someone glowed and felt superior that the Packers were doing better than the Jags (at that time) and the Bucs. I wonder how many players on the Packers are even from that area, or would even want to live there and play for them. I would much rather live in Florida than Green Bay, but some how she felt so good being from that area because the Packers were doing well. To me it's craziness. Even when our teams win, we just move on.

In the Washington area, the Caps have been a bright spot this year. I mean, our local news is politics as usual. It gets depressing. Good grief, we could use this giddiness right now.

Maybe football and some baseball players (ahem... Harper) have no connection to the DC area. Others have made it their home, and made sure that we know they appreciate being here. Matt Scherzer's face while leading the Caps cheer last night was so much better than any glitzy show that the Caps could have tried (and failed, because we are NOT Vegas) to pull off to open the games. TJ Oshie riding our Metro to the games this week, and getting stuck without enough fare on his card (anyone who's visited DC could relate!). Our Caps have been a consistently good team and have done so much to be out and about in their adopted home. So yeah, red rockin' fans love them.

So Let's Go Caps!!!

I took 500 to one on it quite a long time ago. I got laughed at. And rightfully so. Nobody thought they'd even make the playoffs.

Before the finals started the odds were 2 to 3.

From $500 on a one dollar bet to 66 cents on a one dollar bet. Not that you can make a $1 bet. But that is what it would win.

Are the odds of Vegas winning back up to 500-1 now?

The atmosphere in DC is absolutely electric. Sellout crowd for the viewing party at the Capital One arena. Numerous other places are showing the game outdoors, even the Navy Memorial. They usually show movies on Thursday nights, but decided to show they game for their neighbors.

Me, I volunteered to work at a concert venue months ago. Which is fine, I can't watch playoff games in real time anyway. Too stressful :scared1: :scared:

Let's go Caps!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter