2017 Fall Planning

That's why I love this site so many great ideas. I hadn't even thought about the sing-a-long. My kids would love it!
Oh, I forgot to mention, my girls enjoyed the Kidcot stops at Epcot when they were younger. We would even purchase passports at MouseGear and when they visited a Kidcot stop, the CM would stamp the passport and sometimes write a message inside. Also, last year we had fun playing Remy's Hide and Squeak at Epcot(offered during Food and Wine Festival).

Last edited:
So, I'm thinking, we maaay try to do a 4-parks-1-day challenge! It will depend on a variety of factors, mainly crowds and how much we already did at the other parks. So, here is my tentative plan, which could change depending on a lot of factors.

Park 1: Animal Kingdom. That day will be EMH, so we would probably need to get there early for that. We could skip Pandora and just do another ride, maybe Expedition Everest (single rider is a possibility if there is a longer line).
Park 2: Hollywood Studios. Maybe try single rider for Rock-n-Roller Coaster (it could also be cool to make it a thrill ride challenge too). But I know my sister's fav ride is Tower of Terror, so maybe both depending on lines. If both are too long, just go for whatever ride line is shortest.
Park 3: Epcot. The original plan was to do Epcot in morning and transition to MK for late afternoon/evening. We'd have to see which rides we would already have completed. But I sort of want to go to F&W for lunch. For the thrill ride option, maybe Test Track single rider?
Park 4: Magic Kingdom. We would have FP's for this one. We also have BOG dinner reservations that evening. Will probably make FPs for BTMR, SDMT, and maybe Space, but that could change [I would love it if they started doing FPs for fireworks again].

Getting from Park 2-3-4 would be via express bus (we already plan on getting it and the last full day would fall within the 7-day window).
Now, Park 1-2 is a question. Express bus doesn't start until 10am. Do you know what time the park-park regular buses start up? I guess if we become super committed to it, we could always uber, but I don't know if I want to bother. And I guess since Park 2 is HS we could try to get to a nearby hotel (Swan & dolphin, Yacht club, etc) and walk.

I'm crossing my fingers this could work, but at the same time, if it doesn't, then I'd just have to save that plan for another trip! It definitely depends on crowds and how tired we are. We are doing MNSSHP the night before, so if we are too tired, it could end up being a sleep-in type of day. And we are doing Universal the next day, so don't want to exhaust ourselves for that (but the only plan for that is HP, the rest is just filler).

I am thinking of doing the 4 park challenge
Opening at AMK much like you, it looks to be open EMH 8 am.
HS (using express?) we would go for star tours because I would be doing this on the last full day so we would be hitting our favs.
Then rest
Epcot for dinner and CL
Then to MK for late night

I just dont know if I could get my fam on board LOL

Does anyone have any information on the night time holiday event that HS does after Thanksgiving through Christmas? I don't know if it's a separate ticket or not and I don't really know much about it. Jingle Bell Jam or something like that? We are also going the week of the staff party and we are doing one Christmas party, but we will have several other nights where we can't go to MK.

Joining in! WDW 11/16-11/22, then US 11/22-11/25.

I watched thanksgiving week wait times in the MDE app last year. It scared the heck out of me. Hoping for the best!!!

Looking for info on nighttime at DHS. I know about Fantasmic but isn't there something else too?

Well the nights of MVMCP have pretty much set our park days for the whole trip already!

11/11 sat: arrive settle in and let the boys swim.
11/12: Sea World
11/13: US/IOA
11/14: no park, swim,mini golf, maybe DS
11/15: AK then MK in the evening for fireworks
11/16: MK til about 6 then EPCOT for Illuminations
11/17: DHS
11/18: plans depend on flight time.

Think MK will be less crowded on a party night but then there's only 1 night to see the fireworks CUZ THERES SO MANY DARN PARTY NIGHTS!!!!

Free Dining doesn't start til 11/14 so we may stay at Universal with my DDs TM discount the first 3 nights. Would love to stay at Portofino with the free express pass.
I agree on there being so many party nights! We will be there from 11/9-11/22 and there are parties on 5 of our 9 days. I think it will make scheduling a little bit tougher then I am used too. I haven't figured out a plan yet because the kids have been sick and now I have cold but I have to book ADR's in 2 weeks, so I better get started!:) We did get Canadian discounted PH tickets and so I think we might actually use PH this time.

No Star Wars show? Please don't hate me but I am not really interested in the Xmas stuff. Was hoping it would still be Star Wars for the boys.

No Star Wars show? Please don't hate me but I am not really interested in the Xmas stuff. Was hoping it would still be Star Wars for the boys.
I am not sure the date it switched from The Star Wars show to the Christmas show. We were there from 11/13-11-21 last year and it was the Christmas show. I don't hate you, I agree with you!:teeth: We would have rather seen The Star Wars Show! We thought Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam was just okay. We loved the Osborne lights and found the new show couldn't compare to those.:sad1:

Last edited:

When we were there over the holidays, they were showing Star Wars and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam! each night.

I am trying to plan our evenings. Only 1 night, 11/15, to see the new MK fireworks. we'll only have 3 park nights so which park do we skip at night? I'm leaning toward AK. What do you think?

Last edited:
I just booked 3 roundtrip Southwest flights for 770$. This is about $400 cheaper than they have been. It's odd because I've never seen them dip on a weekend. :)

Does anyone have any information on the night time holiday event that HS does after Thanksgiving through Christmas? I don't know if it's a separate ticket or not and I don't really know much about it. Jingle Bell Jam or something like that? We are also going the week of the staff party and we are doing one Christmas party, but we will have several other nights where we can't go to MK.
Here's some information about Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam from last year.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ctacular-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I agree on there being so many party nights! We will be there from 11/9-11/22 and there are parties on 5 of our 9 days. I think it will make scheduling a little bit tougher then I am used too. I haven't figured out a plan yet because the kids have been sick and now I have cold but I have to book ADR's in 2 weeks, so I better get started!:) We did get Canadian discounted PH tickets and so I think we might actually use PH this time.
I was surprised at how much we enjoyed using the PH last year. Looking forward to using PH again this year. Hope everyone is feeling better Candice!!

Thank-you! The older 2 are better and the little one and myself are working on it. My DH didn't catch this cold so he lucked out.:rolleyes: The last time we tried PH was 3 years ago and we found it too hard because the kids were all so little. We didn't have PH last year and 1 or 2 days I think it would have been easier with it. This year there are Christmas parties on 5 of our 9 days so I thought it might be a good idea to try PH again. Do you have any tips for PH on party days? We want to take advantage of hopefully lower crowds on party days but we aren't normally rope droppers, lol. It will be interesting planning our days this year with PH.:)

We've actually always loved PH. We spend 5-6 hours in one park then use the travel time as a break & have dinner in the second park & close that one. We found this gave us a "fresh" perspective on the park, visiting in half day segments.
BTW, we NEVER hit rope drop ever. We get there between 10-11 and don't feel like we miss anything.
This trip will be DGSs first visits so all bets are off. I have no clue how this trip will work!!!!

Thank-you! The older 2 are better and the little one and myself are working on it. My DH didn't catch this cold so he lucked out.:rolleyes: The last time we tried PH was 3 years ago and we found it too hard because the kids were all so little. We didn't have PH last year and 1 or 2 days I think it would have been easier with it. This year there are Christmas parties on 5 of our 9 days so I thought it might be a good idea to try PH again. Do you have any tips for PH on party days? We want to take advantage of hopefully lower crowds on party days but we aren't normally rope droppers, lol. It will be interesting planning our days this year with PH.:)
Last year was the first time we had PH and we used them to rope drop one park then hop to the next park for FP or fireworks. We had 3 days scheduled for MK (1 for the actual party, 1 full day and our last day which was a party date), but because of Hurricane Matthew, we never hopped from MK on a party day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter