2019 Disneyland Paris Marathon Weekend

Does anyone know when they will release more info on the races? The race course etc.

About 10 days before the race if it is like last year. Also plan for the race registration vouchers, as well as pre paid merchandise vouchers, to not be released until 24-72 hours before the expo opens. I strongly suggest that everyone know how to convert files to a pdf on their phone or tablet so that you can then stand at the concierge desk, email them the files and have them print the forms. Otherwise it will be a long wait if you try and do it at the expo.

Wait, I will have to print stuff to pickup my purchases? Really? I will be there a while week before the race happens and I won't be staying in a Disney resort.

Wait, I will have to print stuff to pickup my purchases? Really? I will be there a while week before the race happens and I won't be staying in a Disney resort.

Yes, you will have to print both your race voucher(s) and your prepaid merchandise vouchers. Hopefully the concierge where you will be staying will be willing to print them for you if you can provide them with pdf files. If not, plan on spending a lot of time in the printer line at the expo; based on last year, if you have to do this, I would suggest not arriving at the expo until at least 2 hours after it opens in order to let the line for the printers go down.

Looking back at my emails the official email stating that the vouchers were available in my runner account was received the day before the expo. I know that the merchandise vouchers showed up the day before the official email simply because I was almost compulsively checking the runner account in hopes something was there.

Just ask at reception if they can print for you, most hotels don't have issue with this or have a business center (aka 1 desktop computer and a printer 😂)
The lines at the expo can differ, the area is usually deserted when I walk by... last years I was there on Friday during the day.

They also have printers at the Expo!

@Karin1984 Great guess on which Characters might appear! And great to hear, that your training doing well. This week I have my last 21k run. I train for a marathon in October, so the Magic Run Weekend is sort of a B Race for me. Anyway, as they canceled this years Den Haags HalfMarathon and I was not able to run another Half, I try to PR at the DLP Half for a good PoT for Dopey 2020 🙄

Just ask at reception if they can print for you, most hotels don't have issue with this or have a business center

I'm staying at an AirBnb so that's not really an option. Guess I'll ask if my CM friend can print it in his office.

It's still really backwards that this is not done all digitally. But I shouldn't have expected anything else from Paris. Or do they do it like that in the US as well?

This and the matter that they decided to close Walt's restaurant, even though people had reservations for it, leaves me really frustrated. They haven't even told anyone yet. I just found out about it cause I saw you can't make new reservations anymore and asked them on Twitter why that's the case.

It's still really backwards that this is not done all digitally. But I shouldn't have expected anything else from Paris. Or do they do it like that in the US as well?

For races at WDW you have to bring your printed, signed, event waiver for each race to bib pickup.

At least at WDW bib pickup is staffed by volunteers who work on behalf of a charity; it is easier - and faster - for them to work with paper than to have the possibility of a technology glitch that brings pickup to a screeching halt.

I'm staying at an AirBnb so that's not really an option. Guess I'll ask if my CM friend can print it in his office.

This and the matter that they decided to close Walt's restaurant, even though people had reservations for it, leaves me really frustrated. They haven't even told anyone yet. I just found out about it cause I saw you can't make new reservations anymore and asked them on Twitter why that's the case.
Or just print at the expo, I've never seen lines, maybe one or two people for the five/six printers there are. So your mileage can definitely vary.

Did you already have a reservation? Otherwise no need to feel frustrated about it, because most likely it was fully booked already. The Run Weekend is one of the busiest weekends of the year for the table service restaurants with all the overseas guests in the park. For many of the highscale restaurants they are booked out far in advance.

More curious about your Airbnb, is there much available near DLP or are you staying in the city? Never looked into the options Airbnb offers.

I already have a reservation, that's why I am so frustrated. And yes there are plenty of AirBnb's around the park. I pay 50€ a night for a whole upperscale-ish apartment. But most of these AirBnb's are only convienetly accessible by car. Mine is really close, in fact closer than Davy Crockett Ranch.

I was surprised as well to see the route already ! Last year it was a few days before?
10 and half are the same, I think, 5K goes through Adventureland instead of Fantasyland. And we have 4 corrals instead of 5. Any other differences?

On page 13 they got confused and use European Time and American Time.
Opening times: 3pm - 20 pm :P

:) 16 days left!

Last edited:
They did a few changes to the courses!

- No running through Studio 1, because the Finish Line this year is in Front of Studio 1
- Looks like they changed something at the sharp right turn after the Start
- The 10K now heads first into Disneyland Park and then into the Studios
- The Half now also runs around Catastroph Canyon and has less Backstage Running at Disneyland Park
- The Half has a very narrow portion in the Studios, I wonder how this might work out

The 5K starts at 8pm, Disneyland Park closes at 9:30pm, BTM is just 1 Mile away from the Start? Can we ride it?

Wow, in the Half coming back from the lake, we do not turn left, we turn right and running back to the Parks!

And we have to go back to the expo to collect the 31k and 36k medals, so that means, 21 + 5k again ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter