2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching this thread because I will be going in May with my son (mom/kid trip) and will have the DxDDP for part of our stay. We'll be meeting up with a friend in the park for a few days of the trip and I was planning for the 3 of us to share 2 adult entitlements at meals, which should be more than enough food for the 3 of us. But I can't tell based on this thread whether that's going to be an issue or not. If my room reservation says 1A/1C will they insist that we have to order one child meal?

I am watching this thread because I will be going in May with my son (mom/kid trip) and will have the DxDDP for part of our stay. We'll be meeting up with a friend in the park for a few days of the trip and I was planning for the 3 of us to share 2 adult entitlements at meals, which should be more than enough food for the 3 of us. But I can't tell based on this thread whether that's going to be an issue or not. If my room reservation says 1A/1C will they insist that we have to order one child meal?

So far, that has not been the problem. If you wanted to purchase 3 meals with your 2 credits, that could be a problem. But getting an adult meal using a child credit with the DxDDP has still been okay.

Just an update. Ate at Garden Grill and Rose & Crown yesterday. Did Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner package tonight. Used DxDDP from 2 adult 1 child room to cover 4 adults and 1 child (3 adults and 1 child at R&C). Never a question.

Tomorrow is Sci-Fi, then finishing out our trip with Beaches & Cream and The Edison.

Was able to share at our last 3 restaurants, no problem. So to re-cap, here are the places we shared our 2 adult, 1 child credits with 2 non-dining plan adults:

BOG Lunch
Trattoria al Forno breakfast
California Grill Dinner
Cape May breakfast
Garden Grill breakfast
Rose & Crown dinner
Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner package
Sci-Fi dinner
Beaches & Cream lunch
The Edison dinner

My 5 year old ordered from the kids menu every time except at Rose & Crown and Sci-Fi since she wasn’t really hungry.

I never got questioned about using credits for the whole party. We even asked the first 2 times. Then after that I just said we were all in the same room. Knowing that they could see otherwise, we were always prepared to pay OOP. Never even came up.

I hope others are successful in their sharing endeavors.

So far, that has not been the problem. If you wanted to purchase 3 meals with your 2 credits, that could be a problem. But getting an adult meal using a child credit with the DxDDP has still been okay.
Not in my case at H&V. I had a band with 1 adult/ 2 kids ( family trip with different rooms). The server told us she had to check with her manager to see if covering 2 adults was allowed. The manager did allow it eventually. Now, 2 things, first of all my DD was in a room with a ddp and could have used a credit from that reservation. She and my DH refuse to use magic bands which is why we were charging to my room. Also, this was the second meal of the trip. Even if dx credits were not pooled between adults and children I had enough adult credits to cover her meal. Disney can and will do whatever they want to and I will adapt my visits and purchase accordingly. The frustration I'm experiencing as a frequent visitor comes from a change in what was allowed and even promoted within restaurants for years with zero advance warning to the guest. Disney could have easily released literature stating a policy of no sharing before guests were confronted ( because that is what it feels like), and paid and planned for for a year or more in advance.

This is the part I question too. Credits are credits....why would the restaurant (or Disney for that matter) care who uses them?

Not sure, just speculating that maybe Disney is selling the deluxe DDP assuming or hoping that most people won't actually use all their dining credits since it's a huge amount of food and if people are sharing credits with others not on plan and especially if people are paying a child's price and then ordering adult meals than Disney is not making as much $ as they would be if the sharing was not allowed.

Another real time update: Jungle Navigation Co Skipper Canteen no problem. Raglan Road, server had to check with manager to ask if the 4 kids could share 2 adult credits and that ended up being allowed. (I told him if it wasn’t we would just pay cash for the kids meals, but he came back and said we could use 7 credits for adult meals for our family of 9. So we got 2 extra alcoholic drinks there - and at Sanaa actually - and I paid for the kids milk with cash.) No problem so far pulling credits off one band with the DxDP in the room with 1 adult and 2 kids. I’ll report back in a couple of days.
My last update: All positive sharing experience here! No issues sharing DxDP between rooms with Akershus, Rose and Crown, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Mama Melrose F! package, Boma breakfast. At all TS places (not buffet/AYCTE) we were allowed to get an adult meal for a child. I hope this gives some reassurance to everyone!

Just back from a trip where we successfully shared credits. We had the deluxe dining plan and successfully shared credits in the following places:

The Wave
Artist Point
Yak & Yeti
CG Brunch

We were not questioned at all when I told them I wanted to use dining credits for everyone at the table. At Yak & Yeti we used 2 credits, dining plan was for one, and the waitress said she would just apply the most expensive items to the plan.

With all the questionable reports I had cancelled CG brunch a month ago. While we were there, and not having any issues at all, I decided to try it. I was able to use touring plans reservation finder to get one the day before. There were actually quite a few times that opened up, and I was able to get the exact time I wanted.

Just back from a trip where we successfully shared credits. We had the deluxe dining plan and successfully shared credits in the following places:

The Wave
Artist Point
Yak & Yeti
CG Brunch

We were not questioned at all when I told them I wanted to use dining credits for everyone at the table. At Yak & Yeti we used 2 credits, dining plan was for one, and the waitress said she would just apply the most expensive items to the plan.

With all the questionable reports I had cancelled CG brunch a month ago. While we were there, and not having any issues at all, I decided to try it. I was able to use touring plans reservation finder to get one the day before. There were actually quite a few times that opened up, and I was able to get the exact time I wanted.
Thank you for coming back and sharing with us. Did you have one guest on the Deluxe plan and paid for two at each meal? Glad everything worked out well for you :)

This is a bit late and hopefully relevant. We had two adults and one child on the DxDP earlier this month. We had no issues paying out of pocket for kids’ meals and using his credits for adults. This was encouraged by the servers, who told us that this was definitely a smarter use of the credits. I know that there has been some chatter regarding using children’s credits for adults, so I thought I would add.
We ate at:
Citricos
Big River Grill
Kona (lunch)
Cape May (dinner)

This is a bit late and hopefully relevant. We had two adults and one child on the DxDP earlier this month. We had no issues paying out of pocket for kids’ meals and using his credits for adults. This was encouraged by the servers, who told us that this was definitely a smarter use of the credits. I know that there has been some chatter regarding using children’s credits for adults, so I thought I would add.
We ate at:
Citricos
Big River Grill
Kona (lunch)
Cape May (dinner)
Very relevant, thank you!

My trip isn't until August- party of 6 with free dining special- booked 2 rooms- one with QS the other upgraded to DxDP. Hope all continues to go well, but I will keep watching!!

We actually had issues at 2 places. We were a reservation for 6 people divided into 2 rooms everyone was on the Deluxe dining plan. 6 adults 3 in each room.
The 1st night at 50’s and today at Tusker House 4 of us ate together and they made my youngest (who is listed in the room with my middle child and her husband) use his own magic band because they said my band was only good for 3 people.
All other meals we did as a group of 6 or they were counter service so we just went ahead and charged 3 credits to each room added the tip together and left cash.

We actually had issues at 2 places. We were a reservation for 6 people divided into 2 rooms everyone was on the Deluxe dining plan. 6 adults 3 in each room.
The 1st night at 50’s and today at Tusker House 4 of us ate together and they made my youngest (who is listed in the room with my middle child and her husband) use his own magic band because they said my band was only good for 3 people.
All other meals we did as a group of 6 or they were counter service so we just went ahead and charged 3 credits to each room added the tip together and left cash.
When was your trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter